View Full Version : OOTS #386 - The Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

The Giant
2006-12-06, 01:42 PM
New comic is up.

brionl
2006-12-06, 01:45 PM
A leprechaun? Umm OK.

Still now speech for Haley, but it shouldn't be too hard to decipher. :)

Colt
2006-12-06, 01:46 PM
That's great, Thog is hilarious. now to hear how Elan got out of jail...

chaospet
2006-12-06, 01:47 PM
very, very nice.... the only problem is, I'm dying to see what happens next. can we have the next comic now? please?

Khantalas
Yay! Being after Nale for completely different reasons is so much fun!

Amon Star
Nice one Giant! One thing though, why is Halry still speaking in cryptograms?

Nekkira2
2006-12-06, 01:49 PM
Love the leprechaun!! Lucky Charms time!

ampcptlogic
2006-12-06, 01:49 PM
I'm guessing it's NALE??? given the monosyllaby of most of the strip, and the look on her face - shock, confusion, and disappointment. After all, she thought she was making out with Elan.

DougWykstra
2006-12-06, 01:50 PM
Oh HELL yes. I'm still cracking up at Thog in the Leprechaun costume. Although I'm not sure if Haley said "WHAT???" or "ELAN????" or "NALE???"

Gopher
2006-12-06, 01:51 PM
Alright! Awesome comic, and much earlier than usual. Good thing I happened to be looking at the forums at the time or I would have missed it.

This should be good. Can't wait to see what happens, or hear what happened with Thog and Elan. :smallbiggrin:

Krimm_Blackleaf
XDDDD
My sides hurt! God, just absolutely brilliant.

Dib
Thog? Was it thog? I just thought it was a random leprachaun... go THOG!!!

Behold_the_Void
me love thog!

Jibar
2006-12-06, 01:52 PM
That is the single greatest thing Thog has ever done.
It will take many a Thog strip before Thog may do anything more awesome.

Bryn
Hilarious. Thog in a leprechaun costume? I must know the story behind that!

I don't know. Likely 'Nale?', but 'What?' could work too. That was my first thought, but 'Nale? would fit in better.

I like Elan going swashbuckling though. In addition, yay Elan is alive! :smallbiggrin:

sun_tzu
That was so, so awesome.
I'm surprised Elan managed to get out of jail on his own. I hope we'll find out how...
Anyway, excellent comic.

Erek Garnsfel
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA The leprechaun costume!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*wheeze*

Sky_Schemer
Yay! Elan saves the day!

Maybe. ;)

I can't wait for the flashback on this one.

SDF
2006-12-06, 01:53 PM
In the words of Haley, "XCGH?"

Rumda
2006-12-06, 01:54 PM
Yay elans back!!!

Weebl
2006-12-06, 01:54 PM
WOOOOOO!!! Go Leprechauns! Pretty good but I can't wait for the next one. We'll probaly find out how Elan got out!

eFFeeMMe
2006-12-06, 01:55 PM
I've never laughed this hard!!! :biggrin:
Thank you Giant!!!

B-Man
OMG!! This is a great comic! Not how I thought it was going to be played out. Wow! This comic is priceless!!

Learnedguy
Sweet comic, but how come the doors at the hotel jump from 11 to 13? Is it more bias towards the twelve sided dice o.O?

MrNexx
2006-12-06, 01:56 PM
That was fantastic. That was simply fantastic.

Renegade Paladin

That was strange. Hilarious, but strange. *Is still laughing*

MrNexx
The doors jump because the ones on the other side are even, while the ones on this side are odd.

Nekkira
2006-12-06, 01:58 PM
LearnedGuy: Like house numbers, hotel room numbers are often odd on one side and even on the other.

I like Elan's new outfit better than his old. Very handsome (for a stick figure)!

Grey Watcher
Thog in a Leprechaun costume. Priceless. Glad I didn't scroll down when the comic loaded. That was just a thing of beauty, and Nale's reaction is a nice little touch of meta-humor.

Hilarious. Thog in a leprechaun costume? I must know the story behind that!

[sings]"He's going to tell! (He's going to tell!)
He's going to tell! (He's going to tell!)
Of his wooooondeeeerfuuuuul eeeescaaaaaaaape!"

Capoeira
Leprechaun costume?

Imy bet that part was Thog's Idea...

Korith
Hands down. 10/10. Perfect.

Mr_Saturn
2006-12-06, 01:59 PM
Oh, my. goodness! How did elan get out???

Arachnophile
2006-12-06, 02:00 PM
YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!

and "the leprechaun costume, not so much" :smallbiggrin:

Vargtass
2006-12-06, 02:00 PM
Yes!!!!

It would seem that Elan has progressed from useimpaired to saves-the-day!
I agree with previous posters - can't wait to find out how!

Go Elan!

Deckmaster
2006-12-06, 02:01 PM
Wow. The comic updated while I was on. That's got to be the first time that's ever happened, or at least the first time that's happened in a while.

I saw most of that coming, except for the whole Thog in a leprechaun costume thing.

DragonV16
Oh Snap!
I wonder if Thog is now on Elan's side- or if he just thinks Elan is Not Not-Nale, or uh...yay leprechauns!

Darcinia
Musical Theatre Belkar and Leprechaun Thog. What a good week. Now if Thog can just yell "They're after me Lucky Charms" once I can die a happy girl.

CheezItMan
2006-12-06, 02:02 PM
Yeah, Thog Returns!!!!
:smallyuk::smallyuk::smallyuk:

Eldhrin
2006-12-06, 02:03 PM
I can't stop laughing at Thog in the leprechaun costume.

And I just knew Elan and Thog would get out of jail together somehow. What will be interesting is to find out exactly how they did it, and what Thog does next.

Definitely on the list of greatest Thog moments.

Folie
2006-12-06, 02:03 PM
I rarely laugh out loud when I read webcomics, but when I saw Thog's leprechaun costume, I was practically paralyzed. Great comic!

Korta
2006-12-06, 02:04 PM
Hooray!
Thank you giant! Elan to the rescue! And Thog too! :haley:

Heloisa
Sweet mother of God!

I wanna know how Elan escaped!

Rolaran
I freely admit, I sometimes say "I lol'd", when I did not, in fact, laugh out loud.

Today, however, I did laugh out loud. For about half a minute. Absolutely incredible, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Random314
2006-12-06, 02:05 PM
Well, that line has to go in my sig.

DougWykstra
2006-12-06, 02:05 PM
I am wondering, though... Where's Roy in all of this?

Folie
2006-12-06, 02:06 PM
You know what? I just noticed that Elan has a new outfit! I think I'm the first person to do that, so go me!

Amithyst67
2006-12-06, 02:08 PM
Haley is not speaking yet because her issue has not been resolved. She kissed Nale not Elan and I'm not sure if kissing Elan is what is going to give her her speech back. I thoght she said WHAT?? but NALE does make more sense.

DougWykstra
2006-12-06, 02:09 PM
Oh, and as for Thog dressing up in a leprechaun costume... I'm guessing Elan convinced him to do that. Because thanks to Elan's >18 Charisma combined with Thog's absymal Will save, Elan can probably convince Thog to do just about anything... a good example of why properly statted Bards aren't nearly as underpowered as people may believe.

Hario
2006-12-06, 02:13 PM
Man Nale really knows how to screw up his plan, he allowed himself to go into room 13. I mean seriously! He should have saw that, but that's ok Thog the Happy Leprechaun is here to save the day! Btw Awesome comic everyone was looking at me angry when I cracked up.

faerwain
2006-12-06, 02:14 PM
:smallconfused: Yeh..uh..what?!?

The strip amused me, but I'm really a little out of words..Very curious about seeing that explained.

(And next strip reveals: It was all a dream. D'oh!)

P.S. Wow. Never thought to see Elan seriously enraged...

octobergirl
Oh HELL yes. I'm still cracking up at Thog in the Leprechaun costume. Although I'm not sure if Haley said "WHAT???" or "ELAN????" or "NALE???"

LOL - That's EXACTLY the three guesses I went with. Although, I settled on her saying, "NALE???".

Jefepato
Brilliant.

Totally Guy
Yes! Success for Elan! Bravo! Could it be? Competence? Or will the explanation involve stupidity going full circle on itself to genius? I'm hoping the former.

K'tai
2006-12-06, 02:15 PM
New comic is up.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

XtheYeti
2006-12-06, 02:17 PM
Me likey da comic. Yeah!

Holy_Knight
YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

Our Hero returns!! Go Elan!

And seriously, swinging in through the window on a rope, with drawn sword, to save the fair maiden--how awesomely perfect is that! :smallsmile:

Telonius
That absolutely made my day. Thog in a leprechaun suit?! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: I can't wait to see the explanation for this.

EDIT: And nice touch making the room #13.

fangthane
While I'll freely admit that I didn't see the specifics of the leprechaun costume coming in advance, it's easy to see why it would have happened that way.
what better way to camouflage a guy with green skin and tusks than to hide some of the ugly behind a beard and the rest behind a leprechaun suit? I'd have expected an illusion of a non-green Thog-like human given the typical lack of ingenuity Elan and Thog display, but this was 4tw too.
More interesting than the story of the escape as such is the question of how they made it to Azure City in only about 2-5 hours longer than it took Sabine. Blimps aren't fast, and real people (as opposed to fiends) get tired.
Even more of a question, especially in terms of the combat odds, is which combatants will hold Thog's loyalty at this point. He's followed Nale's directions for much of the past (at least) month or so of in-world time, but for the past several days he's obviously been Elan's companion. And right now, he's the difference between a 3-on-2 in either direction, with Elan's weaponry superior to Nale's and Sabine combatively superior to Haley in their mutually unarmed states. Could be very interesting.

Cute touch on the room number Giant, but a little bit of a cliche, no? :)

urodivoi
2006-12-06, 02:18 PM
Looking forward to the bardic 'plot exposition' filling in the details of the great escape.

Hmmm leprachons(sp?) as part of the escape is an imaginary pot o' gold involved?

nveinus
2006-12-06, 02:19 PM
I think Elan took a level in badass while in prison.

Snake-Aes
2006-12-06, 02:20 PM
Elan is my hero.

He's whole new costume here surely fits perfectly, I loved it. I wanna see the background history now ;)

Orzel
2006-12-06, 02:22 PM
I laughed so hard I almost choked on my grape juice.

Excellent comic.

Totally Guy
2006-12-06, 02:24 PM
And how did he manage to remove the beard? Maybe after the "I have to warn Haley" bit he, (like so many of us :smalltongue:) had a little cry and the tears disolved the solvent.

Zora
Wow! Can't wait to hear how Elan escaped.

The romantic in me is sad that it wasn't actually Elan and Haley that kissed...:smalleek:

Ing
My god...I laughed myself dizzy....

Truthfullly.

Thexare Blademoon
2006-12-06, 02:25 PM
More interesting than the story of the escape as such is the question of how they made it to Azure City in only about 2-5 hours longer than it took Sabine. Blimps aren't fast, and real people (as opposed to fiends) get tired.

My guess: Notice that Elan's boots are different. Maybe he got boots that raise his speed?

Saberin
2006-12-06, 02:26 PM
I can't think of much to say that hasn't already been stated, this new entry is simply amazing...

Am I crazy or does Thog look ALOT shorter then usual in that costume... like ALOT shorter.

Korith
2006-12-06, 02:26 PM
I am wondering, though... Where's Roy in all of this?

Well,
Roy, Durkon and Belkar were playing Parchisi. V was drowning his/her sorrows at the tavern. Haley was dating Nale.

Roy probably figured something was up as soon as Belkar started chasing Durkon around. Belkar being under the whole "Mark of Justice" effect wouldn't be dumb enough to try to inflict real damage.

Durkon isn't so dumb as to forget about the Mark, he's probaby been instructed to keep Belkar busy.

So, in all of this, Roy is probably trying to figure out what's going on. Roy will figure out which of Nale and Elan are the real one by going with the more annoying of the two.

Lilly
2006-12-06, 02:29 PM
OMG. YAY!

*is happy at plot resolution that is going to come real soon*

Runolfr
2006-12-06, 02:30 PM
Sweet comic, but how come the doors at the hotel jump from 11 to 13? Is it more bias towards the twelve sided dice o.O?

Even numbers are undoubtedly on the opposite side of the hall. (probably already noted, but... whatever)

Callioope
2006-12-06, 02:32 PM
Eeeee! That was amazingly awesome! I totally wasn't expecting to see Elan and am so glad he showed up! This comic made my day! :elan:

Lord Herman
2006-12-06, 02:33 PM
It's been a while since I've actually laughed out loud about an OOTS strip. Sure, there have been some funny ones that almost made me snicker (from me, that's saying a lot), but this one is frickin' hilarious!

me love thog!

Wizzardman
2006-12-06, 02:39 PM
This has got to be one of the best ones ever!
And if you think about it, it sounds like the beginning of a joke.
"So a succubus, a bard, and a half-orc dressed like a leprechaun walk into a room, and..."

...Also: the mistaken identity problem just solved itself! Woo!

Max_Sinister
2006-12-06, 02:40 PM
Wow, Giant is telling stories pretty fast in recent time... i.e. they're never late, often even early...

But how on Earth did Elan and Thog escape?!? The only explanation I have is (spoiler):
Haley will wake up and find out it was just a dream.

Metool2
2006-12-06, 02:41 PM
HOLY!!! WHAT IN THE!? Whats.. and.. The.... Lepprechaun thog!? and.. Elan.. and... Gah!! My brain asplode!!!

LoH
2006-12-06, 02:41 PM
I think Elan took a level in badass while in prison.

Actually, I think it was a level of swashbuckler. Which for most intents and purposes amounts to the same thing.

Looking at his means of entrance (crashing through the window on a rope), his attire, and his weapon (Weapon Finesse-friendly), and the location of his incarceration (Cliffport, a seaboard city), that's my best guess. Or his Elan-ness lets him account for the first and third notes (epic entry and he's already proficient with a rapier) and he got the clothes from a swashbuckler on his way out of Cliffport (or somehow bought them and swash clothing is common there)

GymGeekAus
2006-12-06, 02:42 PM
Haley is not speaking yet because her issue has not been resolved. She kissed Nale not Elan and I'm not sure if kissing Elan is what is going to give her her speech back. I thoght she said WHAT?? but NALE does make more sense. You know, she could be saying "Thog?"

:haley: : "Lam rg sao aokc rt Saen aoio? Sart yhcot ne togto hs hww!"

morbiczer
2006-12-06, 02:43 PM
Okay, I didn't see this coming...

dsavereide
2006-12-06, 02:44 PM
The leprechaun was great. Just been sitting her laughing and trying to imagine their escape. And hoping that Thog has switched alliances to the more charming brother.

Nyello
2006-12-06, 02:50 PM
Where is Elan's fake goatee ?

Nice comic by the way.

Turcano
2006-12-06, 02:50 PM
Wow. For outright randomness, this is up there with the intermission, the William Wallace mocha latte, and Fruit Pie the Sorcerer.

All I can say is: Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-12-06, 02:51 PM
Wow. I really wasn't expecting that particular turn of events. What's it called when you're laughing because you're shocked and confused and don't know how else to react? And then it becomes actual laughter?

Yeah, that's me.

teratorn
2006-12-06, 02:52 PM
YaY Elan and Thog (in nices costumes) save the day. Well, almost... there is some flashback to be taken care of.

Niveus Candidus
2006-12-06, 02:56 PM
I registered just to post this theory... I do not know how to activate the nifty little spoiler button yet, so just use the old fashioned highlight method below to read.

Haley has no reason to know the man who jumped through the window is Elan. She cannot speak, sure, but none of her other plans to regain her voice have given fruit thus far either. Also, Elan arrived with a completely different temperment, dress (D&D characters only have one set of clothing, as we all know) and with his demon and half-orc pet in tow. While he did scream "Nale!" what precisely does that mean to our little Rogue in the heat of the Leprecaun moment?

MrNexx
2006-12-06, 02:58 PM
FWIW, I don't think Sovereign Glue would last that long on a person. You'd shed layers of skin fast enough that it could be gotten rid of.

Nikolai_II
2006-12-06, 02:59 PM
EDIT: And nice touch making the room #13.

I agree. :smallbiggrin:

And I didn't even see Elan coming, so Nale's got a lot up on me. :smalleek:

Tulnavara
I'm just glad it's not friday so I don't have to wait the whole weekend for the next strip :p

chionophile
I registered just to post this theory... I do not know how to activate the nifty little spoiler button yet, so just use the old fashioned highlight method below to read.

Haley has no reason to know the man who jumped through the window is Elan. She cannot speak, sure, but none of her other plans to regain her voice have given fruit thus far either. Also, Elan arrived with a completely different temperment, dress (D&D characters only have one set of clothing, as we all know) and with his demon and half-orc pet in tow. While he did scream "Nale!" what precisely does that mean to our little Rogue in the heat of the Leprecaun moment?Well, considering that Sabine and Thog (and Elan) said the same thing, I think it's pretty clear what happened. Not a bad point though, the Giant could go the route of having both twins present and having to figure out which one is actually Elan.

Oh, and spoiler tags are done by putting {spoiler} {/spoiler} before and after your text, respectively. Replace the {}'s with []'s and you're good to go.

Calsan
Biggest OoST story twist ever

I guess the lepprechaun costum is part of the escape plan?

Wrecan
2006-12-06, 03:00 PM
Actually, Sabine screamed "Nale" in a clear jealous pique before Elan entered. That alone would be enough to tip Haley off. Elan and Thog's entrance is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Kanashimi
2006-12-06, 03:01 PM
I have it, Haley's saying "Thog!!! She can't believe he'd dress like a leprechaun.

Seriously, though, awesomely funny comic. Can't wait until friday.

Zaria
2006-12-06, 03:02 PM
I am insanely curious as to the reason Thog is in a leprechaun outfit, that is going to make for some great laughs later on.

I was so excited to see Elan crashing through the window! Hurray for dramatic entrances! Typically Elan of course, since he also had to wait for the explosion from gate (one of the earlier episodes, i am not hardcore enough to know which one) to jump away from danger in a Vin Diesel-esque manner.

Crossing my fingers that Elan gets to tell his dramatic story of escape and rescue soon ^^

Kanashimi
2006-12-06, 03:03 PM
wow. anyone else notice that they're going into Room 13? That's some fast foreshadowing there, Giant!

Callioope
2006-12-06, 03:03 PM
To the spoiler thing on the previous page -

I thought about that, and Haley should know that it's Elan. 1) Sabine came into the room FIRST, shouting Nale. This means it's pretty likely to Haley that the man she was with was Nale ... 2) Elan comes into the room shouting Nale. Elan comes before Thog, so the leprechaun thing hasn't happen yet, so that can't be distracting Haley from the moment. PLUS, Nale is holding a dagger, and he's not making any effort to hide it. I think once she gets over the shock she'll know that the guy who jumped through the window was Elan (different clothes? So what. That doesn't change Elan's face. And personally, the swashbuckling outfit is far easier to accept than Nale's black ensemble and the gift Nale gave her). So if anything, I'd expect Elan bursting into the room to distract Haley from the leprechaun, not the other way around.

I think really that the fact that Nale is holding a dagger will confirm who is who.

GKBeetle
2006-12-06, 03:05 PM
Alright! Awesome comic, and much earlier than usual. Good thing I happened to be looking at the forums at the time or I would have missed it.

This should be good. Can't wait to see what happens, or hear what happened with Thog and Elan. :smallbiggrin:

You wouldn't have missed the comic unless the server went down. Let's all pray that doesn't happen. Man, I so want to see what's gonna happen next. That's awesome that Elan and Thog escaped together. Great Comic. Wonderfully random joke. Loved it.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-06, 03:06 PM
ROFL! Thog is AWESOME! Leprechaun Customes FTW!

Silferdrake
2006-12-06, 03:09 PM
Awsome! Love Elans new clothes (I hope he keeps them). And the leprechaun comstume? Multiple so many questeions!

Best comic in quite a while! Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next one.

aryeh88
2006-12-06, 03:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA...leprechaun...so funny...

Ezbez
2006-12-06, 03:13 PM
I was sad at first - still no Erfworld. Then I read this strip, and well, my entire day has gone up about 7 notches. No - make that my week.

krossbow
2006-12-06, 03:14 PM
My guess is that Elan somehow escaped with Thog during a Cliffport holiday parade, and the two are wearing swashbuckler clothes and a leprechaun costume because those are the float workers they knocked out.

Heh. Priceless.

HomerHT
2006-12-06, 03:15 PM
I laughed so loud my roommates are kinda weirded out.

Awesome, Giant.

Liquid
2006-12-06, 03:16 PM
Best plot twist ever. Period.

EDIT: I think after this series of events Elan will have matured a lot. Just wait and see :)

Nerd_Paladin
2006-12-06, 03:17 PM
Can't...stop...laughing.

Okay, I've composed myself now. *snicker* I was actually hoping that this would finally be Elan's big opportunity to be a hero, busting out of jail and to the rescue like this. The swashbuckling entrance was a nice touch.

There seems to be a panel missing though. Shouldn't the Kool-Aid Man be busting through the wall going "NALE, OH YEAH!"?

I can't wait to hear the explanation for the leprechaun costume.

DM_Shavit
2006-12-06, 03:17 PM
By the look on Haley's face ,I'll have to assume she actually said "ELAN???"
Because this seems to me like the expression of "It's not what you think! let me explain! PLEASE!!!"

Plus, if Elan will be mad about Haley for smooching his brother, that seems like the why she will be forced to break her speech imdement(?).

:roach: "Please excuse him for his bad english and grammer."

GymGeekAus
2006-12-06, 03:20 PM
Plus, if Elan will be mad about Haley for smooching his brother, that seems like the why she will be forced to break her speech imdement(?). Hmm.

It could be the neutral triplet, whose name is Alne and was shipped off to live with in the orphanage in the divorce to keep things equitable....

skinkatlarge
2006-12-06, 03:20 PM
Giant, I love you!

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-06, 03:21 PM
The leprachaun outfit on thog!!! Priceless.

chibibar
2006-12-06, 03:23 PM
Thog in disguises :) yea..

plainsfox
2006-12-06, 03:25 PM
As for Elan's skill. Didn't Vaarsuvius say that Love inspires a +2 bonus to checks or something? :)

The Hammer of Thor
2006-12-06, 03:26 PM
I think that was one of the best comics done by Rich for a long time. Just my two pence. Is the leprechaun costume a significant part of how they escaped from jail?

indianajoe
2006-12-06, 03:27 PM
Woo for dashing heros swinging on ropes!

mikoto
Great Comic
Was I the only one who noticed in the panels Thog was the only one who didn't speak in CAPS

Flame_Drake
Not how I pictured it either.:smallbiggrin:

Drake

Nerd_Paladin
2006-12-06, 03:28 PM
I guess that when the dust settles...

...it will occur to Elan that Haley was making out with Nale because she thought he was him, thus FINALLY tipping him off that "The chick digs you baby!" I actually consider this BAD news because usually in a serial story the consumation of the long unrequited love marks a sharp downturn in the quality of the material thereafter.

Btw, a very amusing but potentially overlooked detail of this strip is Sabine's facial expressions in the last panels.

Holy_Knight
2006-12-06, 03:31 PM
To the spoiler thing on the previous page -

I thought about that, and Haley should know that it's Elan. 1) Sabine came into the room FIRST, shouting Nale. This means it's pretty likely to Haley that the man she was with was Nale ... 2) Elan comes into the room shouting Nale. Elan comes before Thog, so the leprechaun thing hasn't happen yet, so that can't be distracting Haley from the moment. PLUS, Nale is holding a dagger, and he's not making any effort to hide it. I think once she gets over the shock she'll know that the guy who jumped through the window was Elan (different clothes? So what. That doesn't change Elan's face. And personally, the swashbuckling outfit is far easier to accept than Nale's black ensemble and the gift Nale gave her). So if anything, I'd expect Elan bursting into the room to distract Haley from the leprechaun, not the other way around.

I think really that the fact that Nale is holding a dagger will confirm who is who.

I agree, and when you add to that all the unusual behavior from "Elan" lately, Haley's got to realize that the one she's been with is Nale.

I agree with everyone that Elan's new outfit is cool--I wonder if it has any special significance? (And didn't Rich say somewhere that one character would start to be drawn differently? Could this be it?)

By the look on Haley's face ,I'll have to assume she actually said "ELAN???"
Because this seems to me like the expression of "It's not what you think! let me explain! PLEASE!!!"

Plus, if Elan will be mad about Haley for smooching his brother, that seems like the why she will be forced to break her speech imdement(?).

:roach: "Please excuse him for his bad english and grammer."
I kind of doubt it--I mean, it's hard to see Elan being mad about that, when it clearly wasn't Haley's fault.

Oh, and about a certain gift horse:

*After things with the Linear guild have been resolved*

Elan: ...but most of all, I knew I had to warn you, Haley. I mean, I was worried about everyone, but if anything had happened to you, I don't know what I would do. I... I...

Haley: I love you!

Everyone: !

Elan: You can talk!

Haley: I can talk?!

Elan: You love me?

Everyone else: Duuuuuuuh!

Haley: I... I...

Elan: *kisses Haley*

:haley: :elan:

Maybe? :smallsmile:

Blaznak
2006-12-06, 03:33 PM
"NALE!" What a great line with lots of meaning behind it. Who'd figure...

Hooray! I think seeing Elan show up was the coolest ever in a long time, hands down! Huzzah!

Too much fun!

Thanks again for a good story.

mikeejimbo
My reaction to this comic:

"OH MY GOD!"

As soon as I saw Elan burst through the window, screaming "Nale!" I thought "Elan, rushing in to save the day at just the right time, and we get NO explanation as to how he escaped from prison! It's perfect!" It just seemed so Romantic (with a capital R!) for that to happen, and if the strip ended there, I'd not have been disappointed. But Thog as a leprechaun was a nice touch, it hints that there's something we're missing.

I also liked how Sabine looked confused when Elan burst in, but Elan just looked angry.

And the fact that they had room 13 was a nice touch.

Baldknight
Oh my god , now I just have to know the backstory to :thog: in a leprechaun outfit.
The possibilities are endless, fantastic strip!

Mewtroid
2006-12-06, 03:34 PM
My guess: Notice that Elan's boots are different. Maybe he got boots that raise his speed?

The boots of speed are lime green, remember?

waspsmakejam
2006-12-06, 03:34 PM
Thank you thank you THANK YOU Giant!

Elan as the dashing hero, how wonderfully romantic. And bardic.

Although the effect may be a little reduced when Thog shouts "No-one take Thog's lucky charm!"

Blood
2006-12-06, 03:35 PM
So, Giant, I must know...the smiley you put in the topic of every Discussion Thread...are they random, or do they show your emotion toward the comic?

Anyways, wow. This one really did it for me. I loved the part when Haley did that "come here" thing with her finger, and the look on her face. I'm only sad that it was Nale and not Elan.

But wow. This was crazy. Sabine runs in, then Elan, then Thog in a leprechaun suit? Well, I guess their escape from jail flashback should be interesting...

So. Did Haley shout "Nale!!" like Sabine, Elan, and Thog did upon arrival, or did she shout "Elan!!"?

Tundar
2006-12-06, 03:36 PM
This has to be one of my favourites. Awesome work :D

Btw, why does it look as if the door to the room is hinged at the right side when they enter, but when Sabina kicks it in, the hinges are on the left side?

Khantalas
2006-12-06, 03:37 PM
I guess that when the dust settles...

...it will occur to Elan that Haley was making out with Nale because she thought he was him, thus FINALLY tipping him off that "The chick digs you baby!" I actually consider this BAD news because usually in a serial story the consumation of the long unrequited love marks a sharp downturn in the quality of the material thereafter.

Btw, a very amusing but potentially overlooked detail of this strip is Sabine's facial expressions in the last panels.

I doubt Elan has the intelligence to be tipped off even by this.

And what's the Room 13 business, anyway?

Deuce
2006-12-06, 03:37 PM
Hmm.

It could be the neutral triplet, whose name is Alne and was shipped off to live with in the orphanage in the divorce to keep things equitable....

hmmm I always guessed

That the neutral twin (I know, but that's how Elan said it) would be a Druid named either Lena or Alen. If it's Alen, he could be a bit of a wretch. :smallwink:

Mitheria
2006-12-06, 03:38 PM
Great strip :D Mostly I'm just happy that Elan got to be all heroic and full of angry vengeance.

Miarae
2006-12-06, 03:38 PM
Thank you Rich for making me crack up while I was on a much needed studybreak. This was exactly what I needed! Now excuse me while I go read it again, err...study.

Mewtroid
2006-12-06, 03:42 PM
Why does everyone keep saying that room 13 is funny?

mikeejimbo
2006-12-06, 03:45 PM
Why does everyone keep saying that room 13 is funny?

I just thought it was a nice touch, sort of dramatic irony, because 13 is (supposedly) an unlucky number.

Totally Guy
2006-12-06, 03:48 PM
Here is my guess at how Elan got to Azure city so quickly.

After getting out of prison he used his bardic abilities to track down the family of the wizard Fyron (Killed by Xykon before he was a Lich) and told them the tale of his party goal to fulfil Roy's blood oath against Xykon. With Fyron's family's ties to the Cliffport wizardry he got a teleport from them and got to Azure city before everyone else.

Lucky
2006-12-06, 03:49 PM
THOG!!! I want my costume back!!! Thief!!!

Hehe, awesome comic!

Thexare Blademoon
2006-12-06, 03:50 PM
The boots of speed are lime green, remember?

Surely there's more than one wizard that makes overly useful magic items, and more than one style they can be in.

(translation: oops, forgot.)

skinkatlarge
2006-12-06, 03:50 PM
What was it Terry Pratchett said about multiple exclamation points being "a sure sign of a deranged mind"? :biggrin:

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2006-12-06, 03:53 PM
Good lordy this one had me laughing until I dropped dead, which is problematic as I tend to check out the strip while I'm bored at work. I need to rethink my theories of browsing here.

Thog is now by far my favorite Non-OotS Member.

The funny thing is, now there's a whole mess o' open questions out there, but I swear right now the most pressing concern in my humor-addled brain is: Just why is Thog in a Leprechaun outfit?

ElansGroupie
2006-12-06, 03:53 PM
Okay, I haven't posted in months but this comic just made me so, so, so happy. I was so disappointed my roommate doesn't read OotS, because I just wanted to jump around with her. Hilarious! Love it all the way through. (Haley's little "Come hither" gesture was cute)

ekimekim
2006-12-06, 03:56 PM
Love this comic giant, best in a long time.
Classic 2 of a kind + 1 joke - angry lover, dramatic hero, leprechaun-dressed barbarian.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and yes I am deranged)

A Gray Phantom
2006-12-06, 03:58 PM
Oh that was too good! I laughed until it hurt :smalltongue:! Wow, Nale was all like, "Bwa-ha-ha.." And Haley was all like, "Come'ere, you!" And then they were all like "**SMOOCH**" And Sabine is all "RAWR" and Elan is all like "Ah-HA!" And THOG is all like "ha-ha-ha!" And then Haley is all like "Wha!??" And the readers are all like "WHA-HA-DER-HA-HA-HA!!!!"

\(^o^)/ I can't remember when I've sincerely laughed at anything so hard before, ever. Nale kind of stated it best when he said, "You know, the first two, I probably should've seen coming. The leprechaun costume? Not so much."

I'm getting a new sig!

Darth Vader is Luke's father :smalleek:.

SadiraWhitethorne
2006-12-06, 03:59 PM
hmmm I always guessed

That the neutral twin (I know, but that's how Elan said it) would be a Druid named either Lena or Alen. If it's Alen, he could be a bit of a wretch. :smallwink:

No offence but a spoiler involving that would just complicate things more then the comic would really need right now.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
This one actually got me laughing, which is a rare event. I look forward to the upcoming explanations. :smallsmile:

Renegade Paladin
Well, considering that Sabine and Thog (and Elan) said the same thing, I think it's pretty clear what happened. Not a bad point though, the Giant could go the route of having both twins present and having to figure out which one is actually Elan.

Oh, and spoiler tags are done by putting {spoiler} {/spoiler} before and after your text, respectively. Replace the {}'s with []'s and you're good to go.
Do the words detect evil mean anything to you? It wouldn't be hard. They're not in Cliffport anymore. :smallamused:

Rama_Lei
2006-12-06, 04:01 PM
Priceless. Freakin priceless.

Holy_Knight
2006-12-06, 04:02 PM
Incidentally, besides everything else I said in my other posts, it was also particularly nice to get this strip now, given what the last few days have been like. :frown:

Reading this cheers me up a little bit. :elan:

PePe QuiCoSE
2006-12-06, 04:02 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gosh, i'm at work and really had to surpress the urge to LOL

pure awesomness XD!

Timberwolf
2006-12-06, 04:05 PM
Oh Thog Thog Thog, you never fail to deliver the best laughs. It's the look of sheer joy on his face that gets me. I'm looking forward to hearing the reason why he's wearing the leprechaun outfit.

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2006-12-06, 04:08 PM
I do need to add that I want to see the story of Elan's escape. Elan flying into the room all heroically shows something of a change. This whole thing is taking Elan from being the goofy sidekick to being a goofy hero, I think. Can't wait to see the whole story!

Kinneus
2006-12-06, 04:08 PM
You left us hanging, but man oh man, it was satisfying seeing Elan swing in through the window, all hero-like.
I swooned as much as my heterosexuality would permit.
I can't wait to see the story behind the leprechaun costume, also.

Felinoid
2006-12-06, 04:10 PM
AAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!! How can I hate a strip that gave me so much laughter!?! Shock at the convergence, the leprechaun costume, and then Nale's mea culpa, and in the end I'm stuck with rage that Haley's cure has been postponed. It was all even funny the second time (when I noticed the room number and had a chuckle about that too), and still I am left with seething hatred because Haley cannot speak yet! Damn you, Giant, for making me care! I curse you to the depths of whatever Lower Plane Sabine doesn't come from, to be forced to write your brilliant, surprising, and moving plots for all eternity!

Alynn
2006-12-06, 04:11 PM
Great comic... and being the betting man I am I'm betting that

The giant skips back to a few days ago and shows how Elan got out, and why Thog is wearing that... costume.

OR

The flashback will happen once this all plays out (with Nale's escape) when Elan tells the story, in full Bardic Perform(Flashback).

Honestly I hope it's the first one.

And somehow I feel that the costume has something to do with a disguise check.

Anyway, honestly, I was more amused and surprised about Thog than I was about Elan. And honestly, Elan through a window! Dramatic entrance wins!

Nupo
2006-12-06, 04:12 PM
:thog: yay! silly green clothes are fun! thog not leprechaun. thog half-human offal. what is "leprechaun?"

It was obvious that Elan was going to escape. He said it himself, "I need to warn Haley." Thog also had to escape, because as we all know he is much too pretty for jail.

Thog said "nale" in all lower case because he always talks in all lower case. He also always talks in bold letters.

I don't know why everyone thinks they only would have had a few hours to get to Azure City because they could have escaped two minutes after we last saw them way back in Innocent Man (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0367.html)

Mathgeek
2006-12-06, 04:19 PM
That, I must say, was an awesome strip. I actually gasped a little when Elan came through that window. I do wonder though, why Pompey didn't use a Sending scroll to tell Nale that Elan and Thog escaped? Nale did tell Sabine to tell him to, back in 365. Maybe they convinced him to come along, and most of the Linear Guild has betrayed Nale to follow Elan. That could be fun...

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-06, 04:21 PM
Wow. Thog in a leprechaun suit. No one can honestly say they saw that coming.

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-12-06, 04:21 PM
Hahaha! That was amazing!
Even though the last panels were amazing, my favorite was Haley's beckoning finger & facial expression in panel five. I didn't think it was possible, but...that is some HOT stick figureness.

Rusty
2006-12-06, 04:22 PM
I like the fact that they go to room #13. :] The little things amuse me.

1337_master
2006-12-06, 04:22 PM
Quite Possibly the Greatest Comic Ever

WoDHells
2006-12-06, 04:24 PM
Holy freakin' crap!!!

Yay for Elan!
:)

Greylond
2006-12-06, 04:25 PM
This has to be one of my favourites. Awesome work :D

Btw, why does it look as if the door to the room is hinged at the right side when they enter, but when Sabina kicks it in, the hinges are on the left side?

Actually, the door is hinged different in the panel where Nale is shutting it. I'm thinking that it isn't a single room, more like a suite and the hall door is not the same one as the "bedroom" door.

As for those asking about 13, that is an unlucky number. A lot of hotels in the USA won't even have a Room 13, they just skip over that number. Same thing with a floor 13, a lot of high rise buildings don't have a floor labelled that.

Sky_Schemer
2006-12-06, 04:25 PM
Cute touch on the room number Giant, but a little bit of a cliche, no? :)

Well of course. Elan is a bard, after all, and if he's going to come to the rescue, it's going to be dressed like a swashbuckler, with an enemy-turned-ally, breaking through the window of Room 13 to arrive just in the nick of time to save the girl. I wouldn't expect anything other than cliches. :)

Ted_Stryker
2006-12-06, 04:26 PM
Thog is a beautiful half-orc.

Khantalas
2006-12-06, 04:31 PM
As for those asking about 13, that is an unlucky number. A lot of hotels in the USA won't even have a Room 13, they just skip over that number. Same thing with a floor 13, a lot of high rise buildings don't have a floor labelled that.

Actually, while I am aware of the phobia of the number thirteen commonly found in exorbitantly superstitious mortals, I fail to recognise the inherently humorous aspect of the situation.

OzDaFan
2006-12-06, 04:33 PM
Registered jsut because this strip is so good =)

Does the anagram change each time? Because...

Based on the listing on this thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28647, she said "Aufk", which doesn't really makes sense...

Edit - And on Thog, he always speaks in lower case. He's the e.e. cummings of OoTS.

Drascin
2006-12-06, 04:33 PM
Whoa, nice entrance there, Elan. He certainly took a level in some class with access to tumble and/or use rope. That, or he simply took a level in Badass :P.

...Thog. In. A. Leprechaun. Suit?...

Ok, I already wanted to know, but this is too much. I demand flashback!

Krytha
2006-12-06, 04:41 PM
Nale!
Nale!
Thog!

EmeraldRose
2006-12-06, 04:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Oh I'm gonna laugh for days on this one!!:smallbiggrin: Leprechaun Thog and Elan saves the day and Nale gets busted all in the same comic!!!!

YES! :smallbiggrin: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

Hilbert
2006-12-06, 04:43 PM
I just registered because I love that last strip so much! :smallbiggrin:

Elan's new outfit really makes him look a little bit more grown up. I also like the first seven panels. Reminds me of silent movies (apart from the "smooch!" of course :smallwink:) Moreover it is a beautiful contrast to the more "noisy" panels afterwards. Really well done!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-06, 04:46 PM
Hmmm... On Elan's new clothes... Maybe he took a level of rogue after killing rats in the prison to pick the lock and escape the prison?

And everyone knows new clothes appear with the new class.

the_tick_rules
2006-12-06, 04:46 PM
Dude, talk about skipping a few steps. I can only imagine and wait in great anticipation of what the story for Elan and Thog is going to be. Well everyone can relax, Nale's not gonna be getting a piece of Haley.

chibibar
2006-12-06, 04:49 PM
I remember that Elan saying that his mom told him there is a rich and fruitful life to cross classing? (I cannot remember the exact quote) hehe.. I'm not surprise that Elan would spend points in rope use and acrobatic (remember Elan did dodge and move around Nale back at the Castle when he fought Nale the first time)

~The Patriots~
2006-12-06, 04:51 PM

Thog didn't want to stay in jail. He ate the bars? broke the wall? The Cliffport police is quite inneficient

This comic was awsome, glad to know Haley was safe

Albion
2006-12-06, 05:01 PM
Oh lords. This goes into my top5 strips just with the power of the incredible NALE! NALE! NALE! ...WHAT THE! :smallbiggrin: That clothing is so unexpected and messed up in this situation right now... couldn't believe my eyes, I was laughing like hell I was. Good ol' repetition twice and situation humor, I guess that's all what it takes for me... wonderful. :smallcool:

twyst976
2006-12-06, 05:05 PM
:smallbiggrin: That has got to be my favorite comic in a long long time.:smallbiggrin:

Good to see Elan is free, but zomgwtk?!?

I do foresee Haley speaking properly again and soon, woot!

the "K" is for kek....

Draz74
2006-12-06, 05:08 PM
OK, first of all, :elan: is my hero. And I think this is the first time I can really say that, ever. *sniff* I'm so proud of him!

Although it would be even better if he was the first one to warn :haley:, before :sabine:. (Of COURSE :thog: has to be last, though.)

I can't wait to find out how it happened.

Not only was :thog:'s entrance BRILLIANT, and HILARIOUS, but :nale:'s reaction was PERFECT. I love his line!

I'm sad that kiss didn't cure :haley:. Dang it, more cryptograms still.

... OK, after that great strip, can we get back to the "Meet me in St. Louis" subplot? :belkar:

So, is Leeky the only character still stuck in jail? (And the only one without his own icon? I hope he's not gone for good!)

EDIT: One more side note: Weird. In a strip where all the characters usually wear the same clothes over and over, the second-last panel has 5 characters, all wearing something weird. (OK, I guess :sabine:'s costume is sort of normal, but we haven't seen it for a long time.)

Enlong
2006-12-06, 05:14 PM
Yes! The best comic ever! I havn't laughed out loud at the daily installment of any webcomic for a long while, but this? Hilarious! I laughed long and full! I expected Sabine, but Elan, I didn't expect to see his breakout from this side, dropping us into the action. And then there's Thog! Leprechaun costume! Oh my gosh, I no longer care how Not-Nale got out of Jail anymore! I love it!

Uzraid
2006-12-06, 05:15 PM
I'm awfully surprised that no one has mentioned Elan's dramatic leap from the dungeon in # (... looking it up ...) 119 - there is a great deal of swash in his buckle already.

Grasilich
2006-12-06, 05:16 PM
Awesome! Now that's what I'm bloody talking about! Woohoo!

Demented
2006-12-06, 05:25 PM
The first two I saw coming.
Thog, not so much.

:elan: I don't know why you dressed up Haley to as a cheap faux-sorceress dominatrix, Nale, but I'll make you pay!
:haley: ...
:sabine: ...That's MY dress.
:nale: ...Honey, now is not the time.

Eldhrin
2006-12-06, 05:25 PM
I posted a whole four or five pages ago and I'm still overcome with the absolute wonderfulness of this strip. It's just... so... perfect...

I expect Pompey screwed his attempt to warn Nale, or Elan bested him in some way. I get the impression that Pompey's significantly lower level than Elan and Thog, so this wouldn't be particularly difficult.

And Elan really does have a flair for the dramatic, doesn't he!

Shea Landford
2006-12-06, 05:27 PM
how the heck did Elan get out of jail? and where did Thog come from, and what is with the leprachaun custume?

Uzraid
2006-12-06, 05:28 PM
Perhaps Roy's long absence can be explained by a trip to restaurant that only serves Spam?

Soniku
2006-12-06, 05:28 PM
That was awesome. Just awesome.

After re-reading it though, a random thought struck me:

How did he get that glue-gottee off :smallconfused:

Grod_The_Giant
2006-12-06, 05:30 PM
bwahahahaha!!! that was hilarious!! :biggrin:

Adlan
2006-12-06, 05:30 PM
Giant you rule STOP utterly Fantastic STOP Please please Don't ever STOP - Decipherd morse code from the quasers in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

That, Was, AWSOME!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-12-06, 05:34 PM
Frickin'. Comic. Gold.

This is why I love this comic!

Oh, and to those for whom this makes no sense, It's Thog. In a leprechaun suit. What's not to love?!

Thomar_of_Uointer
2006-12-06, 05:36 PM
Sweetness-on-a-Stick. Great comic, Giant!

:elan: Yeah, I realized that at the level I'm at, I'm capable of turning invisible, making illusory doubles of myself, summoning griffons, forcing my enemies to attack each other, and travel through the Plane of Shadow at whim. I'm actually surprised it took this long, but you can't beat dramatic timing!

Dire Penguin
2006-12-06, 05:37 PM
Sabine: Expected
Elan: Unexpected
Thog in a leprechan costume: Totally off topic, but funny none the less
Haley said: "WHAT???" or "NALE???" most likley.

Wow Rich, I didn't think you had it in you to make thog a leprechan.

musicnerd
2006-12-06, 05:38 PM
:elan:'s new outfit... wow

never knew i could be so attracted to a stick figure!

tis_tom
2006-12-06, 05:39 PM
I'm with Hayley on this one!

WHAT?!!?!?!!!

I can't wait for the next comic!!

Norenche
2006-12-06, 05:47 PM
OMG this was the best scene I've seen, Thog in lepprechaun costume *fells laughing*

Skanky dress: 200 GPs
Dinner with a lady: 300 GPs
Being surprised by a half orc leprechaun: priceless

Fopr everything else OotSCard

Adeptus
2006-12-06, 05:52 PM
OMG! :smallsmile:

That totally killed me! I just idly checked to see if the comic would happen to have updated already (didn't expect it to have), and wasn't prepared for the drama and the funny :D :D :D

Excellent phasing and timing, and Elan looks ever so heroic!

Well done Giant, I totally love you! (In a totally manly and heterosexual, just buddies kind of way, naturally... not that there is anything wrong with the alternative.)

Damastes
2006-12-06, 05:53 PM
I thought I will never write this but it's true: ROTFL

TigerHunter
2006-12-06, 05:54 PM
Is there anyone else for whom giantitp.com/comics/ootslatest.html still takes them to 385? The only reason I noticed the strip was that I checked the forums.

TabletopPainter
2006-12-06, 05:56 PM
Sweet! Kick his butt Elan! :D

captainswift
2006-12-06, 05:58 PM
Elan!!!!!!!

*Captain Swift does the happy dance*

baltor85
2006-12-06, 05:59 PM

This is because of the hallway being two sided. In most U.S.A. hotels, the numbers on one side skip a number each door. This is to leave room for the other doors on the other side.

Lol, wow, I just sounded smart. That is a great accomplishment!

Ok, great comic. I loved how Thog broke in behind Elan. The costumes on Thog and Elan's part are awesome. Seriously, Elan's new outfit is ownage. And Thog as the leprechaun; priceless.

warmachine
2006-12-06, 06:04 PM
Elan's trademark sense of drama is hot! The trouble is, he isn't bright enough to escape from prison and get to Azure City in time. Elan is stunning but he's not a master planner. The explanation will have to be amazing.

Platinum_Mongoose
2006-12-06, 06:05 PM
Thog as a Leprechaun. Yes. Very yes. But on closer examination, I'm more curious as to why Elan is dressed as Han Solo.
Not that it doesn't look good on him, though.

Axl_Rose
2006-12-06, 06:05 PM
Wow, Nale's plan is over already? Nuts. I was hoping it'd last a *little* longer at least. He didn't even get to kill anyone.

sunbeam
2006-12-06, 06:07 PM
I was really glad to see this. Heck if Haley gets herself together in a hurry and saves them both next strip it's all good, Elan was there when he needed to be.

I like the new togs too. I never realized it, but Elan needs some different clothes. I like Nale's all black look too. Thog needs his armor back, but if he keeps the hat? Hmmm...

WarriorTribble
2006-12-06, 06:11 PM
Funny strip in a unexpected wtf way. Thog cuteness has reached unprecedented levels.

Miles Invictus
2006-12-06, 06:11 PM
I'm humming the Superman theme right now.

On an unrelated note, great comic.

guerron
2006-12-06, 06:13 PM
i clearly remember the happy days, when i was new too oots. the comic was already at #1xx, so i could read on for days, without desperately waiting for the next one. Yes i know some of you were here from the very beginning and honestly i pity you ...
if i had enough self-control, i would check oots only once a month or so but weak.willed as i am ...

krossbow
2006-12-06, 06:15 PM
I love Nale's resignation; its like he realizes that, no matter how good the plan, Stupidity and random chance will inevitably ruin everything.:smallbiggrin:

For all those saying that Elan took a level in swashbuckler:
it's more likely in my opinion that he took a level in dread pirate; Their rally the crew ability stacks with bardic music, so it wouldn't change Elan's abilities all that much, and would lead to a lot of funny dialouge where Elan insists on saying "ARRRGH!" every sentence.

I gotta say, it just seems that any comic with either thog or Elan in it will be gold; anyone with BOTH of them in it will be Unfreaking believable.

Leo_Forestclaw
2006-12-06, 06:17 PM
That was awesome. Just awesome.

After re-reading it though, a random thought struck me:

How did he get that glue-gottee off :smallconfused:

I submit for forum wide consideration: While acquiring his snappy new clothing, Elan did something men world over do every morning: he shaved.

;-)

garylian
2006-12-06, 06:17 PM
Simply brilliant. This was one of the best comics The Giant has ever done, and that's saying something.

Now...Is it Friday yet?

Shakalooloo_Doom
2006-12-06, 06:24 PM
Here's to seeing another casting of Summon Plot Exposition next strip!

Psychotic
2006-12-06, 06:25 PM
Show of hands, who jumped up in their chair, knocked their now angry cat off of their lap onto the keyboard and shouted "YES!"??

*raises hand*

WojtekPod
2006-12-06, 06:25 PM
:elan:

It's one of the best OotS I read in a long time - good job, Giant!

:smile:

WojtekPod

mustafa
2006-12-06, 06:26 PM
This is amazing! Two straight comics that had me totally cracking up! The leprechaun costume is totally ingenious!

Maerad of Pellinor
2006-12-06, 06:27 PM
Leprechauns!!!!

Thog dress up and escape. :smallbiggrin:

AyuVince
2006-12-06, 06:28 PM
thog irish now, aye.

Brilliant XD I want a pot of gold from Thog.

mrnomas
2006-12-06, 06:37 PM
I haven't laughed that hard at one of these in a while. Good show!

Dagoth
2006-12-06, 06:39 PM
This has got to be one of the best strips ever! I haven't laughed so loud in weeks! Great timing, too! Thanks, Giant!

Slothboy
2006-12-06, 06:42 PM
OK, you win! I finally had to create an account to say what an awesome episode that was. I've considered it in the past, but this time I just gotta say that I never saw that coming. Never expected that Elan would get out and back to Azure city without the help of the rest of the Order of the Stick. Well played.

*golf clap*

Robberbaron
2006-12-06, 06:44 PM
Did anyone else think Halee's surprised exclamation had more to do with the dagger Nale was holding and she just noticed than Sabine, Elan and Thog's entrance?

Dalenthas
2006-12-06, 06:45 PM
Is there anyone else for whom giantitp.com/comics/ootslatest.html still takes them to 385? The only reason I noticed the strip was that I checked the forums.

I'm having that problem too.

Awesomest comic ever. Ok, maybe not ever, I'm kinda fond of the one with Xykon riding the zombie dragon with the hordes of hobgoblins... but this one, this made me crack up with laughter and want to show off how aweseome Elan is. Now I just want to know how Elan vs Nale round 2 is going to go....

Erek Garnsfel
2006-12-06, 06:46 PM
:sabine: NALE!!!

:elan: NALE!!!

:thog: nale!!!

Erek Garnsfel
2006-12-06, 06:50 PM
*raises hand*

Selvan
2006-12-06, 06:50 PM
Everything's already been said about this, I guess.

It is undoubtedly one of the TOP 10 "Most Cinematic Moments" of the OotS.

Wonderful!

Edit:

Elan: "Roy, you may know strategies, and tactics, and basic math, and everyday common knowledge, but *I* know theatrics." (OotS#119) thanks to Uzraid

He certainly does.

Ebonwoulfe
2006-12-06, 06:57 PM
I don't know wether to be happy or worried.

I'll start with happy :D

TroyXavier
2006-12-06, 07:08 PM
Wow, I haven't laughed that hard from a comic in a while. The leprechaun costume was priceless. Now we can see where this goes.

Xi-1
2006-12-06, 07:08 PM
Oy vay iz mir, but Thog totally rocked this one. Personal predictions fulfilled?
1. Sabine catches Nale and Haylee in the act
2. Elan catches Sabine catches Nale in the act
3. Elan brings Thog back with him
What I didn't see coming?
* definately the leprechaun costume. I just gotta know the story behind that.

Once again, Rich, a job keenly done. Keep it up, keep it up, way up!

Narcisse
2006-12-06, 07:13 PM
I almost don't want to know how Elan and Thog escaped. Just have the Leprechaun costume as a tantalising clue, forever...

WarBrute
2006-12-06, 07:13 PM
I love Elan's new costume!

Kython
2006-12-06, 07:18 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! Oh my gods!!!! thog in that leprechaun outfit!

can't wait to hear how elan got out of jail...

Aeek
2006-12-06, 07:22 PM
What are Thog and Elan doing together?
I find that far more puzzling than the leprachaun costume.

It wasn't going to last much longer. One dispell magic and Belkar blabs.

(Now to see what I look like!)

Dalenthas
2006-12-06, 07:22 PM
Perhapse Rich put Thog in a Leprachaun costume specifically so that no forum reader could have predicted this entire comic? I mean, people have been predicting both Sabine and Elan intervention for weeks, and Nale says himself that he couldn't bredict Thog in a Leprachaun costume. Meta-joke?

Hototo
2006-12-06, 07:24 PM
Yay for Thog as a Leprachaun! And I am seriously impressed with Elan. I don't entirely know what he did, but it must have been out of his character... I like this Elan :smallbiggrin:

5tephen
2006-12-06, 07:27 PM
So. Good. It. HURTS.

fwiffo
2006-12-06, 07:34 PM
That, I must say, was an awesome strip. I actually gasped a little when Elan came through that window. I do wonder though, why Pompey didn't use a Sending scroll to tell Nale that Elan and Thog escaped? Nale did tell Sabine to tell him to, back in 365. Maybe they convinced him to come along, and most of the Linear Guild has betrayed Nale to follow Elan. That could be fun...

Or, a more likely explanation... Pompey got sidetracked and now there is not a single young female resident of Cliffport left ungroped.

As for the people wondering how Haley can tell two brothers apart, I think a swashbuckling hero wielding a rapier (aka Elan's favorite weapon) is going to be pretty easy to tell apart from a guy who Haley already suspects is not acting like Elan and is holding a concealed dagger.

keri
2006-12-06, 07:36 PM
I love Elan's new costume!

haha! yes, that's like the first thing i noticed! and then i remembered to laugh my head off. i really like thog. can we make him a protagonist?

keri
2006-12-06, 07:38 PM
As for the people wondering how Haley can tell two brothers apart, I think a swashbuckling hero wielding a rapier (aka Elan's favorite weapon) is going to be pretty easy to tell apart from a guy who Haley already suspects is not acting like Elan and is holding a concealed dagger.

*L* not to mention there are TWO of him in the room.

skreweded
2006-12-06, 07:41 PM
This is how I see it. Haley relises it was not Elan. Elan will be confused as to why Nale is going out with Haley? I can see (though he may not..) Elan noticing, and finding out about her loving him. I have a feel the whole comic may be winding down.

Plus, this feels like a de ja vu to me.. Did anything like this happen before?

Specifically the lep. suit?

Bluesilver
2006-12-06, 07:42 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. Everything ( especially Thog :thog: ) was hilarious. I want to hear how Elan :elan: got out of prison and where he got the new outfit. When's the new comic going to be out? Keep up the great work, Giant! :smile:

Signmaker
2006-12-06, 07:42 PM
I have a feeling an illusion of a rainbow and a pot of gold came in to the escape somehow.

Balathustrius
2006-12-06, 07:45 PM
Yes! That was truly a glorious episode! I'm almost embarrassed about how enthusiastic I am about this comic. :smallsmile:

Astounding work, Rich - I would never have thought stick-figures could be such sympathetic characters, or that such a fantastic story could be told with them.

Gah, I'm going to go read it again.

spite48
2006-12-06, 07:52 PM
Elan: "Roy, you may know strategies, and tactics, and basic math, and everyday common knowledge, but *I* know theatrics." (OotS#119) thanks to Uzraid

He certainly does.

I am thrilled that the regularity of comics has been restored and the quality of comics has remained truly outstanding. I tip my hat. Then I eat it.

oogabooga
2006-12-06, 07:54 PM
I have nothing useful to add, just had to post to register my love for this comic. I agree with everyone who said it's the best in a while (and many of the recent ones have been very good, and this one wouldn't have been as good without all the leadup to it). And I also literally laughed out loud. I giggle again every time I look at the last couple panels.

Yay Elan!

Ridi Kulas
2006-12-06, 07:54 PM
At first I wondered why Thog would go with Elan, but then I realized something: Nale's never been nice to Thog, and that may be how Elan persuaded him. I'd love to see Thog as a good guy, although it may never happen.

Xi-1
2006-12-06, 08:13 PM
One again -

:elan: Foil, foil, foil my evil twin brother!
:nale: Maximum crappage.
:roy: Great Cleave!
:belkar: Stop stop, stop me from singing these blasted showtunes!
:sabine: Yeah, my ears are ringing and it's all Nale's fault.
:haley: [Kiss of Opportunity!] (and a comment on how dashing Elan looks)
:elan: I'm glad to see you too, but I'd never make you wear something that looks like it's about to fall off.
:nale: Allow me to remedy that,
:elan: Block, block, block my brother's dagger. How does it seem that Thog and I have an overwhelming advantage?
:thog: thog nail nale.

YesImBill
2006-12-06, 08:15 PM
What Were did elan come from IM SOO CONFUSED!!!!!!!

Nerd-o-rama
2006-12-06, 08:20 PM
Yes! Best. Entrances. Ever. And a flashback upcoming, I hope I hope.

nale!

thecommodore6
2006-12-06, 08:21 PM
THOG
Leprechaun
PRICELESS!
I fell off my chair laughing so hard, then lasped into a coughing fit. I LOVE IT

fwiffo
2006-12-06, 08:23 PM
What Were did elan come from IM SOO CONFUSED!!!!!!!

Let me explain... once there was a nice, kind friendly barmaid living in a quiet backward village. And then there was that ruthless general who led a big conquering army. And they got together...

Erloas
2006-12-06, 08:23 PM
oh my god that was just great.

chionophile
2006-12-06, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by chionophile http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1647857#post1647857)

Well, considering that Sabine and Thog (and Elan) said the same thing, I think it's pretty clear what happened. Not a bad point though, the Giant could go the route of having both twins present and having to figure out which one is actually Elan.

Oh, and spoiler tags are done by putting {spoiler} {/spoiler} before and after your text, respectively. Replace the {}'s with []'s and you're good to go.Do the words detect evil mean anything to you? It wouldn't be hard. They're not in Cliffport anymore. :smallamused:

In my defense, if this were anything but a DnD themed comic, it would be a definite possibility. Still is, until a spellcaster gets there.

And I don't actually play DnD, I just know enough about it to get a lot of the jokes. So I'm not gonna think like a DnD player would.

Enlong
2006-12-06, 08:27 PM
Oh my gosh, I just noticed, Elan has no more Goat-E! Did he find a bottle of Universal Solvent?

Kriel
2006-12-06, 08:31 PM
I thought that Rich would have to work real hard to match the comedy that was Belkar singing a jaunty tune while chasing after Durkon with murder in his heart, but it appears I was sorely mistaken. I shall never underestimate your comic prowess again, Rich!

Maratanos
2006-12-06, 08:34 PM
Panels 8, 9, and 10 cracked me up beyond belief. Thanks, Rich!

StarWidget
2006-12-06, 08:36 PM
OH! BEST! EVER!!

ELAN! THOG! TO THE RESCUE! (totally didn't expect Elan to show up - I figured we'd cut to him, first)

*bites nails anxiously awaiting next strip*

Aliquid
2006-12-06, 08:37 PM
How Elan and Thog got there so quickly:

Elan piggy-backed on Thog, while Thog used his rocket-skates.

Tach13
2006-12-06, 08:44 PM
I love this strip in general, but this was especially good. Didn't think Elan would be back on his own, and anxiously awaiting the "how" story.

NullAshton
2006-12-06, 08:46 PM
Okay... I never saw that coming...