PDA

View Full Version : Best Convention Experiences

Totally Guy
2013-06-28, 07:41 AM
I was thinking about games to run in cons I'm going to in October and November and I started reminiscing about my con highlights from the past.

1) The Gift. I ran this game at a GitP meetup. The players were elves and dwarves, the former visiting the latter for political talks. The dwarves wanted a gift and the elves brought nothing. Then everyone hatched a cunning plan to get the elf prince's armour and they fell over each other.

2) The Ark of Obscenities. I played in this dungeon crawl as an elf and was convinced that our downfall would be because of the dwarf's greed. It turned out the priest was my actual betrayer. The greedy dwarf still screwed me over but he didn't do it maliciously. I ended up trapped inside the dungeon for centuries.

3) Dwarves Against the Apocalypse. I ran this in October. It was a Doctor Strangelove-like scenario with competent dwarf soldiers and bumbling dwarf politicians. The groups failed to properly communicate and they blew up a mage school, which in turn blew up everything and turned the dwarf society into a nuclear bunker.

Wow, it's a bit dwarf-centric...

What are your top convention experiences?