PDA

View Full Version : help with character

Somensjev
2013-06-28, 08:25 AM
well, as some playgrounders know i need some help creating a character for the campaing i'll be joining in a few days, so, i've been trying to make a character, so far, the restrictions are, no; gestalt, multiclassing, or variant rules. however, i can play a race with any amount of level adjustment or racial hit die as i want

just as a bit of help with how powerful my character should be, the party is level six, has killed a hydra, and a collosus, and i comprised of a; winged elf vampire (i think she's a ranger), a human saint cleric, a half elemental/spectral (i cant remember base race, or what class), and a halfling rogue (the only one without templates)

so far i've been looking at lycanthropic black ethergaunt druid, and other random builds, so i figured i may as well ask the playground for some suggestions (you can use as much cheese and stuff as you want)

the character starts at (class) level 6, and has 23,080gp (approximately)

sleepyphoenixx
2013-06-28, 08:37 AM
If i understand you correctly you get unlimited free LA and racial HD don't count towards ECL?

I'd probably go with a Phrenic Dark Athasian Human Weretiger Druid then.
+6 WIS is nice and Phrenic + Athasian Human bring nice Psionic abilities to the table despite being single classed.
Weretiger since it's one of the most expensive Lycanthropes around and i like it better than Werebear.
Dark just because it's good.
Yes, you could get far more ridicolous. Doesn't mean you have to :smallwink:

Somensjev
2013-06-28, 08:41 AM
If i understand you correctly you get unlimited free LA and racial HD don't count towards ECL? yep, you understand perfectly (i probably didnt explain it well)

+6 WIS is nice and Phrenic + Athasian Human bring nice Psionic abilities to the table despite being single classed.
Weretiger since it's one of the most expensive Lycanthropes around and i like it better than Werebear.

think you could tell me what books their in? (and possibly what page of said book)

sleepyphoenixx
2013-06-28, 08:47 AM
Phrenic and Lycanthrope are in the SRD. The Dark Template is from Tome of Magic.
Athasian Human is a variant race from the Dark Sun campaign setting that was published in Dragon Magazine 319, p.26.
They get one psion power of level 1,2,3 and 4 and 18pp over 15 levels and +2 to two stats in addition to the normal human benefits for +1 LA.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-28, 08:54 AM
If i understand you correctly you get unlimited free LA and racial HD don't count towards ECL?

Legendary Weretiger. Far better choice.

Somensjev
2013-06-28, 08:56 AM
Legendary Weretiger. Far better choice.

i actually quite like the legendary weretiger, but i'm also a fan of legendary wereshark, but you cant use the animal form on land.. at least, as far as i know of, there's probably some way to manage it