PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Martial BC Bard

FatherMalkav
2013-06-28, 12:12 PM
So I'm building a new character for the PFS and was interested in building Bard with more of a focus on battlefield control, but with a more martial bent eg tripping and disarming as well as spell support.

I'm working on a strength build Tiefling (Shackleborn) to take advantage of the Chain Master trait for +2 CMB to trip w/ s.chains and whips and in addition took Arcane Duelist for a) some syndergy between racial skills and Rallying Cry and b) matched thematically.

My largest problem is feats. It seems my best option is one of the weapons mentioned above, but neither one seem viable until 5th level:
Whip: I can't take Weapon Focus (Whip) until 3, which delays Whip Mastery until 5th.
S.Chain: Level 1 is Proficiency, 3 is Combat Expertise, and 5 is Improved Trip/Disarm

Is there anyway to get these faster other than changing race to human (and therefor losing the trait) or does this progression seem optimal and I'm worried about nothing?

Kamai
2013-06-28, 03:19 PM
How about using Adopted to get Chain Master and going Human (or do you need a different social trait for this)? Then you either go Human (but you still can't take the weapon focus for whip) or you go Chainfighter Half-orc, and actually be able to pick up spiked chain at level 1 (which you otherwise couldn't do because it's an exotic weapon).