PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Frenzied Berserker Build

Wardog442
2013-06-28, 01:33 PM
Hello. Here is my Frenzied Berserker build for an up coming story Im going to be playing. Please give me some positive feedback on what Ive got up to this point.
A MAJOR question I have right now is what weapon should I choose? I was thinking of simply going Great-axe or Great-sword, but Ive also been considering a reach weapon such as Spiked Chain or Glaive for Cleaving purposes. Also, the Spiked Chain gives an the advantage of attacking adjacent foes...Wtf those that mean?

The story I will be playing is a Game of Thrones based of game, where no other race but Humans/Dwarfs/Gnomes are allowed (Lame, I know). The books allowed by the DM are:
-Player Handbooks
-All "Complete" Books. (Example: Complete Warrior)
-Dungeon Master Guides
-Monster Manuals

Human Frenzied Berserker
Weapon: Undetermined

Lvl 1: 1st Barbarian +1, +2, +0, +0, Lion Totem: Pounce (CC book Barb var.), Rage 1/day
Feat #1: (Human): [U]Power Attack
Feat #2: (1st Standard): Extra Rage/Frenzy
Lvl 2: 1st Fighter +1, +2, +0, +0, Proficient with all armor, Bonus feat
Feat #3: (Fighter Bonus Feat): Cleave
Lvl 3: 2nd Fighter +2, +3, +0, +0, Lvl #3 Lvl 3 Feat, Fighter Bonus feat
Feat #4: (2nd Standard): Leap Attack
Feat #5: (Fighter Bonus Feat): Improved Bullrush
Lvl 4: 3rd Fighter +3, +3, +1, +1
Lvl 5: 4th Fighter +4, +4, +1, +1, Bonus feat
Feat #6: (Fighter Bonus Feat): Destructive Rage
Lvl 6: 5th Fighter +5, +4, +1, +1
Feat #7: (3rd Standard Feat): Shock Trooper
Lvl 7: 6th Fighter +6/+1, +5, +2, +2, Bonus feat
Feat #8: (Fighter Bonus Feat): Intimidating Rage
Lvl 8: 1st Frenzied Berserker: +1, +2, +0, +0, Frenzy 1/day, Diehard
Lvl 9: 2nd Frenzied Berserker: +2 +3 +0 +0 Supreme cleave
Feat #9: (4th Standard Feat): Extra Rage/Frenzy

The purpose of 2 Extra Rage Feats is for having Rage/Frenzy for every fight (My DM will allow extra Frenzy's). Knowing my DM he wants to **** with the party as much as possible using me sense Im such a volatile character (He wont try to kill the party using me), so thats 5 Rage/Frenzy per day at Lvl 9. Basically, if this happens too often by the time I get too the boss, I wont have Frenzy unless I have this 2 feats, and you can pretty much tell that this build is all about stacking Rage/Frenzy and going HAM on the boss and possibly killing him in 1 blow. If by the tie Im Lvl 9 I realize that Frenzy is TOO volatile, then I will take Iron Will instead.

sengmeng
2013-06-28, 03:42 PM
This is the homebrew forum, which means it's for user-created content. This kind of discussion goes in the D&D 3e/3.5/d20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59) forum.

However, looking at your build I'd say it's a pretty standard, viable charger. Should be able to pour on the damage to any foe it can close with in melee before it even starts looking at magical gear.

You want a two-handed weapon for sure, and the damage die isn't going to matter so much, so look for other properties that you like. Does the greatsword's threat range appeal over the beefier x3 multiplier of the greataxe, or is reach going to matter more?

The spiked chain will cost you another feat. It's more worth it for a tripping build. Personally, I'd burn a feat on quick draw and switch back and forth as needed (carry a long spear, with greatsword sheathed and ready, only bother to enchant the greatsword).

Gear wise, look for things that can let you fly or increase your movement speed, helping you get to more foes.

Wardog442
2013-06-28, 03:52 PM
This is the homebrew forum, which means it's for user-created content. This kind of discussion goes in the D&D 3e/3.5/d20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59) forum.

However, looking at your build I'd say it's a pretty standard, viable charger. Should be able to pour on the damage to any foe it can close with in melee before it even starts looking at magical gear.

You want a two-handed weapon for sure, and the damage die isn't going to matter so much, so look for other properties that you like. Does the greatsword's threat range appeal over the beefier x3 multiplier of the greataxe, or is reach going to matter more?

The spiked chain will cost you another feat. It's more worth it for a tripping build. Personally, I'd burn a feat on quick draw and switch back and forth as needed (carry a long spear, with greatsword sheathed and ready, only bother to enchant the greatsword).

Gear wise, look for things that can let you fly or increase your movement speed, helping you get to more foes.

Tyvm High Priest of Bob! Ill move this argument to the more appropriate forum section.