PDA

View Full Version : Searching for critical-based feats

S_Grey
2013-06-28, 02:01 PM
I've been trying to pull together this encounter for my players, but one of the enemies I've made is at a loss for some feats, specifically feats that grant an additional effect when a critical hit is scored.

I'm happy with how much damage this enemy can do, so I'm not so much looking for feats that increase threat range or critical multiplier, but instead things like Resounding Blow, so that they won't be killed outright, but still will make my players want to deal with this threat before the others.

I've spent over a week now looking through compiled lists of feats both on and offline, but still need 2-3 more. I currently have Resounding Blow, Telling Blow, Improved Critical, and Power Critical.

I beseech you, Playgrounders, as a compiled well of complete 3.5 knowledge, help me put some of the finishing touches on this encounter.

JaronK
2013-06-28, 02:04 PM
Roundabout Kick and Lightning Mace are classics, which combine amazingly with any Aptitude weapon with a high crit range. Also, Blood in the Water is an amazing stance for this, and can be gotten with the Martial Stance feat (but you need a Tiger Claw maneuver).

Also, don't forget Enfeebling as a weapon enchantment.

JaronK

Temotei
2013-06-28, 02:05 PM
Staggering Critical (Drow of the Underdark) slows on a critical hit with weapons you have the Improved Critical feat for.

That's...all I can think of that doesn't just add damage. I guess Cobalt Critical (Magic of Incarnum) adds to attack (to confirm criticals, I think) and damage if you have essentia to invest, but that essentially comes down to more damage.

mregecko
2013-06-28, 03:12 PM
If you're open to Pathfinder stuff, the line of critical feats there is pretty awesome.

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-28, 03:38 PM
I have a 'crit-monster' build right now but he relies heavily on Warblade levels for access to the Blood in the Water stance (cumulative +1 to attack and damage every time I crit). It also has Battle Ardor (INT mod as bonus to Crit Confirmation). Most of what he does is just have lots of bonus damage (Weapon Specialization, Weapon Mastery, Knowledge Devotion, Favored Enemies, Smite) and lots of attacks (Two-Weapon Fighting, Imp TWF, Combat Reflexes, Wolf Fang Strike, Mithral Tornado, Dancing Mongoose, Haste). Interestingly enough, not one feat or ability that puts extra effects on critical hits.