PDA

View Full Version : Is Tarquin using the bathroom?

Gift Jeraff
2013-06-28, 06:18 PM
Kilkil says Tarquin did something before they left Bleedingham and equates this to Malack having a secret "condition."

Maybe Tarquin has a condition and takes a while, so Kilkil is keeping a lookout while he does his "business."

Math_Mage
2013-06-28, 07:02 PM
wut

(95% odds he called his buddies in my book. place yer bets!)

Kingault
2013-06-28, 08:33 PM
Tarquin's Troopers + LG VS Super V MK II VS 1/2 of the OotS (maybe VS Xykon's Forces)

The suspense.

137beth
2013-06-28, 10:41 PM
Tarquin's Troopers + LG VS Super V MK II VS 1/2 of the OotS (maybe VS Xykon's Forces)

The suspense.

If V gets spliced again, Sabine would not fight against him/her.

However, it would seem that the IFCC would prefer it if Tarquin's team were all destroyed, since it would lead to more warfare. However I expect they have bigger concerns than the fate of half of one continent.

Vinsfeld
2013-06-29, 01:02 AM
If V gets spliced again, Sabine would not fight against him/her.

However, it would seem that the IFCC would prefer it if Tarquin's team were all destroyed, since it would lead to more warfare. However I expect they have bigger concerns than the fate of half of one continent.

But Sabine is banished. At least for now, if V gets spliced again, Sabine would not fight against him/her, but because she's not there and won't be for the next ~20 hours. (since the fantasy world took 3 hours)

137beth
2013-06-29, 02:33 AM
But Sabine is banished. At least for now, if V gets spliced again, Sabine would not fight against him/her, but because she's not there and won't be for the next ~20 hours. (since the fantasy world took 3 hours)
Nope, see, after Malack walked out of the room, another 24 hours passed, during which Tarquin used the bathroom non-stop:smalltongue:

Mike Havran
2013-06-29, 02:47 AM
He brought captured Ian to trade him for the Gate. A classic of the genre.

Vinsfeld
2013-06-29, 10:21 AM

I never thought of that. It makes a lot of sense.

Belkar<3
2013-06-29, 10:48 AM
Haley- "... we already destroyed it."
<Awkward Pause>
But of course Tarquin predicted that. Right? That would be an appropriate plot twist.

F.Harr
2013-06-29, 02:44 PM
Haley- "... we already destroyed it."
<Awkward Pause>
But of course Tarquin predicted that. Right? That would be an appropriate plot twist.

And funny.

Anyway, Tarquin could be in the early stages of prostate cancer, I suppose.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-06-29, 02:48 PM
My bet is that he invited his old adventuring party. They're all epic or near-epic characters by this point, and Tarquin can't trust anyone else.

tassaron
2013-06-29, 04:58 PM

I never thought of this. It would be a good way to get Ian into snatching range for when the Order runs away from the situation. And he could be there to see the epic krackakoom, which might make him consider taking Haley's words seriously.

Needle
2013-06-30, 08:05 PM
However, it would seem that the IFCC would prefer it if Tarquin's team were all destroyed, since it would lead to more warfare.

On the contrary, the IFCC stated they want as much conflict as possible, so if Tarquin guarantees there will be more warfare, they should be too happy to intervene. Unless they were lying, of course.

Anarion
2013-06-30, 09:02 PM
I never thought of this. It would be a good way to get Ian into snatching range for when the Order runs away from the situation. And he could be there to see the epic krackakoom, which might make him consider taking Haley's words seriously.

I'm pretty sure that seeing the epic Krackakoom and being used as a hostage would make Ian convinced that Tarquin and Elan had been in cahoots all along and that nobody in the Order was to be trusted and that he needs to kidnap Haley immediately so he can de-brainwash her.

Basically, I don't see rationality entering into the equation with that guy.

CRtwenty
2013-07-01, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that seeing the epic Krackakoom and being used as a hostage would make Ian convinced that Tarquin and Elan had been in cahoots all along and that nobody in the Order was to be trusted and that he needs to kidnap Haley immediately so he can de-brainwash her.

What if Elan takes a piece of shrapnel that was heading towards him as a result of the Krackakoom? That might convince him.

F.Harr
2013-07-01, 09:46 AM
On the contrary, the IFCC stated they want as much conflict as possible, so if Tarquin guarantees there will be more warfare, they should be too happy to intervene. Unless they were lying, of course.

Point

So, all par for the course with the OotS story so far then, huh?

Roland Itiative
2013-07-01, 10:26 AM

I think the question here is: what causes more conflict, Tarquin's party controlling the entire continent by keeping it in a constant state of war with itself, or the plain old war that would arise from Tarquin and his friends being removed from the equation?

Personally, I think it's the latter, as chances are that the three kingdoms they have now would break into many more warring factions without their manipulation.

But then again, the IFCC might not really even care for this "minor" source of conflict, and just focus their attention to their Gate masterplan (what is one continent when their scope seems to be the entire multiverse?).

mrzomby
2013-07-02, 02:28 PM
What if Elan takes a piece of shrapnel that was heading towards him as a result of the Krackakoom?

The same thing that would happen if Shojo told Miko the OoTS weren't
evil, and he was only asking Belkar's opinion sarcastically?

martianmister
2013-07-02, 03:52 PM
The same thing that would happen if Shojo told Miko the OoTS weren't
evil, and he was only asking Belkar's opinion sarcastically?

So, Ian will kill Hinjo?

Shred-Bot
2013-07-02, 05:09 PM
So, Ian will kill Hinjo?

In order to get the red back into his hair, he must slay the one with blue in his beard. And so continues the eternal struggle between red and blue.

Ron Miel
2013-07-02, 10:25 PM
Anyway, Tarquin could be in the early stages of prostate cancer, I suppose.

Can clerics detect or cure that?

Emanick
2013-07-02, 10:48 PM

Remove Disease removes all nonmagical diseases IIRC, so they certainly ought to be able to cure it. But I don't know if they could detect it without a custom spell. So I guess it's plausible that Tarquin could have one of the early stages of prostrate cancer, though I would be flabbergasted (and laughing for a very long time) if The Giant ever actually indicated such.

F.Harr
2013-07-03, 10:31 AM
In order to get the red back into his hair, he must slay the one with blue in his beard. And so continues the eternal struggle between red and blue.

HA! I love it. :)

martianmister
2013-07-03, 11:22 AM
Back to the topic:

Girard's bathroom/s can handle Tarquin's "condition"?

Shred-Bot
2013-07-03, 12:24 PM
Back to the topic:

Does Girard's bathroom/s can handle Tarquin's "condition"?

All I know is that Girard's spirit is FURIOUS that Tarquin's ring of true seeing ruined his infamous "illusory toilet paper" trick.

F.Harr
2013-07-03, 01:43 PM

It would probably still need these big pils and lots of water.

All I know is that Girard's spirit is FURIOUS that Tarquin's ring of true seeing ruined his infamous "illusory toilet paper" trick.

I can see that.

Gift Jeraff
2013-07-09, 07:56 PM

So now we know the real reason Soon and Girard hated each other so much. Girard felt Soon was too much of a party pooper and needed to lighten up, so he pulled that trick on him in jest. However, Soon did not find it amusing and is still butthurt about it to this day.

martianmister
2013-07-10, 03:26 AM
It's just occurred to me:

Rumble in #898 is not because of gate's destruction... :smalleek:

luc258
2013-07-10, 07:53 AM
The heroes on a dramatic escape sequence in a pyrmaid that is about to blow up, what is the most dramatic thing Tarquin could possibly do?

1. Threaten to prevent their escape, unless XXX
2. Save his son in some way
3. Having to choose between saving one of his sons
4. Saving his son(Nale) by having to kill an old friend
That's what comes to mind.

DeliaP
2013-07-10, 08:19 AM

I can see that.

Eurgh... I'm trying not to see that.

Oh, but then:

It really wasn't the gate after all. Roy just broke open the bottom of the sceptic tank. It's been filling up since the Draketooths first built the pyramid.

137beth
2013-07-10, 10:11 PM
Eurgh... I'm trying not to see that.

Oh, but then:

It really wasn't the gate after all. Roy just broke open the bottom of the sceptic tank. It's been filling up since the Draketooths first built the pyramid.

Why are we using spoiler boxes for guesses which aren't actually spoilers of anything that's happened:smallconfused:
Anyways, I think that Tarquin's bathroom is a spoiler box! And when Durkon opens it with True Seeing, Tarquin's going to be pretty angry...

F.Harr
2013-07-11, 02:02 PM
I don't know, it seemed funny?

Gift Jeraff
2013-07-21, 09:00 PM

Then that means the krackakooom was..
:eek: