PDA

View Full Version : New Mods

Mauril Everleaf
2006-12-06, 05:51 PM
So are the writers of Erfworld going to become moderators on the forums? I mean a portion of this site is solely dedicated to them and their comic. If I saw correctly, as of right now, they are just normal forum members (and pixies at that). Thoughts?

bosssmiley
2006-12-06, 06:43 PM
They'll probably be too busy working on Erfworld to be bothered with being forum mods. Division of labour and all that. :smallwink:

edit: Wait a minute. Rob is the guy who did "Partially Clips"? *fanboyish SQUEEEEEEEE!!!*

WampaX
2006-12-06, 06:51 PM
They have special hidden mod powers that only appear when they hold their magic swords aloft and chant the mantra "By the Power of Erfworld"

No, really, Rob`s got mod powers, whay do you think it says "Mod in the PLayground" under his name? But he`ll only be beholden to his section of the playground . . . the area between the monkeybars and the seesaws. The rest is Giant country.

TinSoldier
2006-12-06, 11:23 PM
Wampa, that was very funny! Probably one of the funniest things I've read all day. Thank you.

Amotis
2006-12-06, 11:35 PM
"We can't stop here! This is Giant Country!"

Rex Idiotarum
2006-12-06, 11:53 PM
O'er the Snowy white caps, where the Wamp-Ax Lives
To the sandy castles the Gunslinger Reigns,
Up the Ladder to the Baron's Den,
Down the Slide to Find Rawhide the Lost again;

Through the Swings where the Warchief rules,
Betwixt the Seesaw and the Monkeybars there stands a writer true,
But the One thing you must remember in this playground,
This is Giant Country, kid.

-Rex Idiotarum

pclips
2006-12-07, 04:16 AM
Yeah I'm kind of reticent to use my mod powers even within the Erfworld board. So far all I have done is stickied a couple of threads.

A wise and talented friend of mine, Mr. Tom Smith (http://www.tomsmithonline.com), once sang that with great power, comes great power bills.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-12-07, 10:15 AM
^ is more cheery than the other mods, he isn't as blue. :smallwink:

Well, just to explain it, the moderators/admin have there names in blue, his isn't, blue. As such it was a word play on the common slang of having the blues and the cheery thing. You didn't really need this though did you?

HempRope
2006-12-07, 10:20 AM
No, we didn't.

I think the kid needs a real title, though. Specialized mod names is one of the most important features of this new software.

I haven't decided if I'm serious about that or not.

WampaX
2006-12-07, 10:59 AM
No, we didn't.

I think the kid needs a real title, though. Specialized mod names is one of the most important features of this new software.

Like the One he has now.
I think it is Erfworld appropriate.

EmeraldRose
2006-12-07, 11:33 AM
Awesome! Elvis in the Playground is perfect!!!!!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-12-07, 11:35 AM
I was hoping to be the first to unlock that status.

*Death gives a halfhearted kick at a can and looks like a child who was just told that they couldn't have a cat for Christmass, but there may be some geological fun with coal to expect.*

pclips
2006-12-07, 01:20 PM
*snrk* All right, Elvis I shall be. It's the name I give for restaurant waiting lists, because nobody ever screws it up and there's never another one. :smallamused:

I guess I should thank whoever gave me that.

Thankyew. Thankya verra much. G'night. God bless.

Bookman
2006-12-07, 01:29 PM
Thankyew. Thankya verra much. G'night. God bless.

So you're a combo of Elvis AND Red Skelton?

That's AWESOME!

Amotis
2006-12-07, 01:31 PM

That's AWESOME!

Hahaha! :smallbiggrin:

pclips
2006-12-07, 01:38 PM

That's AWESOME!

Just call me Clem Rockabillyhopper.

WampaX
2006-12-07, 01:46 PM

That's getting put in the NPC notebook for later use.
:smallbiggrin:

Mr Croup
2006-12-07, 02:06 PM
Then your avatar must acquire a pompadour, post haste.

faerwain
2006-12-07, 03:45 PM
All right, Elvis I shall be.

So let's all chant happily together: " You ain't nothin' but a 'ground mod"

..btw : Bows to Rex Idiotarum., that was damn funny :smallwink:

Bookman
2006-12-07, 03:52 PM
So let's all chant happily together: " You ain't nothin' but a 'ground mod"

..btw : Bows to Rex Idiotarum., that was damn funny :smallwink:

NOooooo You're inspiring my Mod Song Parody Muse again! I had that quenched!

*rolls will save*

*1*

I'll do it later

Blood
2006-12-07, 04:09 PM
*snrk* All right, Elvis I shall be. It's the name I give for restaurant waiting lists, because nobody ever screws it up and there's never another one. :smallamused:
Now there might be. :smalltongue:

HempRope
2006-12-08, 09:43 AM
Like the One he has now.
I think it is Erfworld appropriate.Hey, it just said 'Mod' when I posted.

But hey, three cheers for Elvis!

WampaX
2006-12-08, 09:54 AM
Hey, it just said 'Mod' when I posted.

But hey, three cheers for Elvis!

Well, I didn't want to spoil the surprise on the first panel of page 1 having seen the preview of it at GenCon.

pclips
2006-12-08, 11:05 AM
People in my personal life are beginning to ask if I have a fixation on Elvis. Honestly I can take him or leave him as a rock-and-roller; I like Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry a lot better. But as an icon, The King is comedy gold. :smallwink:

bosssmiley
2006-12-08, 11:37 AM
People in my personal life are beginning to ask if I have a fixation on Elvis. Honestly I can take him or leave him as a rock-and-roller; I like Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry a lot better. But as an icon, The King is comedy gold. :smallwink:

A gift for (pclips) Rob, whose burning lu-u-urve for the person of The King excells my own. Fat Vegas Elvis was the greatest of the many aspects in which He manifested:

http://www.phoenixthrone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/GITP/elvis1ver4.png

pclips
2006-12-08, 04:24 PM
A gift for (pclips) Rob

The silk scarf MAKES it. *humbly bows to your icon fu*

EmeraldRose
2006-12-10, 04:32 PM
Wait a minute! What about the other guys responsible for Erfworld? Shouldn't they also have their own nifty Mod names and such? I was just on the Erfworld boards and realized they don't yet! :smallconfused:

Rex Idiotarum
2006-12-10, 04:36 PM
Jami isn't a Mod, but he should get his own avatar.

Mauril Everleaf
2006-12-11, 11:12 AM
actually jami was who i was wondering about in the from the beginning (couldnt think of the name and was too lazy to look it up). agreed on the avi, but would like to see at least a fun title (even if pixie, dwarf, orc were still used)