PDA

View Full Version : Shaman of Mictlantecuhtli build help.

Corwin_of_Amber
2013-06-28, 09:55 PM
Mictlantecuhtli (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mictlantecuhtli) is the Aztec god of the dead and the underworld. I would like to make a necromancer Cleric with an Aztec feel to him (maybe using one of the Olman gods if applicable). He will be a front liner, but not a melee cleric. He will focus on commanding and buffing his undead army.

What I am looking for is ways to increase my level for rebuking, ways to increase my controllable undead HD pool, and a suitable PrC. Most of the necromancer PrCs that I have seen are rather bad, so I am considering just taking Cloistered Cleric 20; is there a better option?

Jeff the Green
2013-06-28, 10:13 PM
The Deathbound domain gives you half again the HD of zombies and skeletons, plus some nice spells (revive undead and awaken undead, notably). Undeath domain gives Extra Turning as a bonus feat.

There's a guide to turning/rebuking here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872990/Comprehensive_Guide_to_Turning).

Bone Knight, from Five Nations, will get you some goodies.

Also, you might remove the link to Mictlantechutli. Real-world religion, even mostly dead religion, is a verboten topic around here.

Waker
2013-06-28, 10:43 PM
Paragnostic Apostle for a one-level dip can net you See Through the Veil to increase your Turn/Rebuke level by +2.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-29, 09:40 AM
It's a good idea to look up corpsecrafter feats (Corpsecrafter, from Libris Mortis, plus the feats which have it as a prereq). They basically buff any undead you make, which can be pretty sweet.

Some spells like Animate Dread Warrior can create undead who don't count toward your controlled limit. It's Sorc/Wiz 7, so it can be of use via Miracle, or of you can Spellstitch one of your undead with it.

Also, you might remove the link to Mictlantechutli. Real-world religion, even mostly dead religion, is a verboten topic around here.

I don't know. You can usually get away without incident as long as it isn't a major belief system and isn't controversial. Most of the threads about relatively obscure beliefs tend to go by rather peacefully (you aren't going to get much flame discussing how to build a priest of Hermes, for example).

Corwin_of_Amber
2013-06-29, 08:34 PM
There, I have removed the direct link (and replaced it with something witty :smallbiggrin:).

I love the Paragnostic Apostle idea. Since the levels stack with your rebuking as well, you can get level+6 effective rebuking level and +2 CL to Create (Greater) Undead on the other 2 levels.

I know about the corpsecreafter feats, and a few of the feats that let you send a rebuke attempt to buff your undead. Are there any other feats that help nearby undead?