PDA

View Full Version : DFA Healing Breath Balance?

CyberThread
2013-06-29, 01:55 AM
If you allowed a dragon fire adept, to either a breath modifier, or a feat to manipulate its breath ability to heal, would that make the class broken at all?

Vaz
2013-06-29, 04:02 AM
IN combat healing kinda sucks. I cannot think of an actual method of healing, other than granting the target a subtype and then breathing on them with that subtype. That way you can still target enemies with the AoE as well.

So no, it wouldn't be broken. It would just ensure thst each encounter a party had full HP, which is replicated by a few wands of the vigor chain.

Chronos
2013-06-29, 11:53 AM
First, decide whether you're comfortable with the party being able to heal up to full after every encounter.

Second, decide if you're worried about the draconic flavor of healing breath (I don't think any published dragon has that ability).

Depending on the answer to those two questions, though, I don't see much problem with it.

EDIT: For similar (but less powerful) effect that's already in the books, a DFA can also take the feat Draconic Aura, to pick up the Dragon Shaman's vigor aura. As a creature with the dragonblood subtype, the DFA's aura will even scale with level.