PDA

View Full Version : War comes to Vertiron[IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pesimismrocks
2013-06-29, 03:50 AM
'and a full solar year to you all.' In Varnhall on the north east coast of the elven lands, the mayor had finished his speech. The annual celebration had started. Tables lined the square with all sorts of exotic fruits and food from across the land. A lone raptoran sat in the corner playing his fiddle. A couple of children were kicking around an inflated bladder, and the guards and hunters had taken the day off to dance with their wives or husbands. Even some gre'ki had joined the celebration. But despite the joys of the evening, there was tension. The war was coming, no matter how hard they tried to forget that. From the mayor's daughter to the captain of the guard they were all on edge. How odd then, that they didn't notice quite how many strangers there were at the gathering on that night.

greenpotato
2013-06-29, 05:31 AM
A female octopus Gre'ki stands with a small, mismatched group of others of her kind, speaking in quite tones and making polite conversation.

drack
2013-06-29, 07:01 AM
A tall elf strides through the crowd with a forced smile. Concern was on everyone's face, but in this elf it was more dominant. The tension in his muscles diminished his elven grace somewhat, and his skin was white as a sheet. No, literally, white as a freshly bleached sheet. Still he moves as if with a sense of determination, seeking out the stonemason's guild. it was a festival yes, celebrating continued life, and the well being of all, but this was more important. Pausing on the street outside, he leans on a building across the street, blending into the crowd for a moment, looking through the window to see if any worries souls sit within, working by candlelight even on this festive night.

Raunchel
2013-06-29, 07:18 AM
Ermese walks through the celebrating elves, Alathose dislikes such gatherings and remains in one of the temples to meditate. Tonight Ermese has another goal, and for a change it isn't one of duty although she remains fully armed. She learned long ago that there are those who want her death. In her hands she carries several goblets filled with wine. She approaches a small group of elves, two of them closely resemble her. Her brothers Parmenion and Aristhon. She gives them a smile and sits down between them, dividing the wine. She raises her goblet and says: "To a good year!"

Simba
2013-06-29, 08:00 AM
Clad in flowing, colorful garments that hug her slender frame like a second skin, Alassea sits with a group of elves of military bearing, most of them career soldiers of low or middle rank. Despite the happy occasion, their faces are solemn, their words lacking cheer. Talking about war is grim business, after all.

rweird
2013-06-29, 09:34 AM
The last kobold stayed to the shadows, not out of fear, but because he wanted to escape observation, he wasn't worried that he'd get hurt as much as others might hurt themselves. He still would be attracting some attention due to the four levitating chains wrapped around him. Muttering a quick incantation his face changes to that of a halfling, the chains turning into embroidery on his robe. He turns to scan the crowd, trying to recall how old the town is.

Casting Disguise Self. My disguise modifier would be +12 to disguise as the halfling, the DM is supposed to roll it secretly.

Knowledge (History) on the town to see how long ago it was founded: [roll0]

I have See Invisibility, and Arcane Sight active, what would I see?

Archmage1
2013-06-29, 09:54 AM
Disguise Number 2, also as a halfling.
Taking 10, if allowed, giving me a 37.
If you can out spot that, tell me.
For arcane sight... Would have an aura of illusion, transmutation, and a large number of magical items. If concentrated on, has access to 7th level arcane spells, but no SLA

A halfling walks through the crowds, heading away from the library, a disappointed look on her stunningly beautiful face, as though she had hoped to learn something that she did not. However, as she notes the celebration, she shrugs, and heads to the food, carefully assembling a plate of fruit to eat and enjoy, before heading to a corner, and slowly eating it, keeping an eye out, but not on the elves, more as though she is expecting something to attack them.

As you look at her, you note her pale face, as though she has not seen the sun often in recent times, with dark lipstick and eyeliner, and dark brown hair concealed beneath a white hooded cloak. She bears a strange sword, and if you look into her pale violet eyes, you can see pain. Her hands are gloved in black, and she has several pieces of jewelery. She might even be wearing armor beneath her clothing, and she has a strange device on her left arm.

Talon15
2013-06-29, 10:04 AM
Raxxus yawns as he remains perched on a nearby roof, watching the festivities. His kin insisted he attend but he really wasn't in the mood for celebration. Everywhere he looked he could see the tension of the coming war on the faces of the adults. A real mood killer if there ever was one.

spot and listen in the festivities to notice anything unusual, not currently hiding so anyone who bothers to look up would notice me.
spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

Archmage1
2013-06-29, 10:06 AM
@Raxxus

Assuming you are within 60 feet of a certain halfling, you would not that she is not a halfling, and is some other race, with wings.

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 10:33 AM
Gauruke stood as a statue would, not moving, or trying to at the very least. He cared little for the flighty elves and was only here on assignment, although his papers lied to the official reason he was here. His true purpose was to tease out any hints or rumors to the coming trouble of the coming War.

He was here officially, as a convoy from the Dwarven Minotaur Alliance, and as such held one of the seats of honor.

He stood and merely growled as people passed him, his massive greataxe strapped to his back, the haft of the weapon having retracted showing only half of the gigantic blade, for the mighty adamantium blades had folded in on themselves. It was a gift from his Dwarven allies, one for which he was not only proud of but happy to receive and use.

Looking on at the frivolity and bunny love, Gauruke growled some more.

Archmage1
2013-06-29, 10:40 AM
Aria, having received hints of a library in the nearby town of Thornhood, resolves to set out there in the morning, not wanting to risk getting lost along the way, although it was unlikely that she would be.

As she furtively eats in a corner, she looks at several of the others.
The Minotaur... Some sort of envoy, was what the others said. I wonder why he came here, of all places. However... perhaps... perhaps he might recognize the sigil, if it is of minotaur make.

Before long, Gauruke feels a tugging at his boots, compelling him to look down, only to see a short halfling female looking up at him, impatiently.

"You are an envoy for the Minotaurs, right?"

description

The first think that you notice is her face. Pale as the snow, although her dark makeup probably enhances this effect, as you gaze upon it, you can't help but to notice the sadness in her eyes, reflective of some disaster that befell her. She looks almost Elfin, but not quite. She conceals herself with a white cloak, although you can see the occasional flash of some silvery armor beneath her clothing. She wears black gloves, and several other pieces of jewelery.

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 10:59 AM
The big minotaur looks down as he feels his boots being tugged on. A great breath is pushed out of his snout as he huffs at seeing a halfling.

A damn sight better than an elf he thought to himself.

He unfolded his arms from his chest and took a knee to get to a closer level with the small thing.

He nodded, making sure not to eviscerate the small thing with his horns "I am" he said simply, his voice deep and strong, rumbling like a mountain earthquake.

Archmage1
2013-06-29, 11:10 AM
As Gauruke goes to descend to her level, Aria takes a step back, not really wanting to be crushed, and smiles, pleased that he was willing to try and face her at her level. She is no longer looking nearly straight up, and now, only needs to crane her neck a bit to look him in the eyes.

Her words flow out in a flood, as if she is nervous about what she is asking, her voice small, and piping, but somehow... it reminds you of natural beauty.
"Would you be able to help me? I have been trying to identify a group, but all I have is this Sigil I managed to acquire. I was hoping that since you were selected as the representative of the minotaurs, you would be able to recognize if it is a minotaur sigil, or possibly give me some advice on where it is from."

Simba
2013-06-29, 11:30 AM
Spot for Alassea:

[roll0]
Nice, my first 1! Welcome to the table, dear friend.
No more comment as Alassea did not notice anything strange.

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 11:45 AM
Gauruke snorts out another breath, you can't tell whether it's because he is just simply breathing or because he is annoyed.

Scrunching up his brow he looks at the symbol offered to him, after a few seconds he shakes his head, but only slightly, ever aware of how delicate the small thing was before him.

"I have seen the sigil, but it was on a goblin I slew not a few days ago, other than that little halfling, I do not know. I am sorry, but I am not a scholar...I am saddened I cannot help you further." he rumbles out solemnly.

Archmage1
2013-06-29, 11:49 AM
As Gauruke calmly reveals that the sigil was worn by goblins, and ones that he had encountered a few days ago, Aria looks surprised, stunned even.

"Goblins? Are you sure? Where did you meet this goblin? Could he have been part of a group?"

How would goblins have managed to sneak through the elves, let alone even finding us, and killing the guards, using overwhelming force to ensure that none escape? Is this some secret group of goblins? And he said that he encountered goblins a few days ago...

rweird
2013-06-29, 12:53 PM
The last Kobold approaches the mayor, still looking down, hood covering his face, he asks "Who is the oldest and wisest in this town?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-06-29, 12:56 PM
"Why do you ask Halfling? But if you want to know that would be Arkhan. Lives right down that street." The mayor points to an small street. " You look weary, perhaps you should be at bed"

rweird
2013-06-29, 01:24 PM
"I have a few pressing questions I want answers for. Thank you, after I get my answers, I very well shall rest." I go down the street to look for Arkhan.

Talon15
2013-06-29, 02:52 PM
Yawning again Raxxus drops down to ground, startling a few locals he ignores them as he moves to gather a plate of food. Might as well enjoy the food before he decides where to go now. He picks at the plate's contents as he wanders towards the edge of the celebrating, keeping an ear hole open to any interesting conversation.

drack
2013-06-29, 04:54 PM
Slipping free from the wall the pale elf walks over to just as casually examine the style of burial process/structure and do a quick estimate as to how many may be buried there before quietly walking to the edge of town.

Is there a large quantity of rock nearby, and what o I see/how many people are around these parts with all the festivities further in the city?

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 04:56 PM
Gauruke stares blankly as he tries to recall what had happened.

Insert DM's information

drack
2013-06-29, 06:21 PM
The High Priest of Verdoh conciders crossing into human lands, but then thinks better of it. Quietly he walks a loop about the town looking for any solid bedrock. All this noise and merriment was overwhelming after so much time in the wastes, and he needed to step out of it. Nothing said away quite like a few solid feet of bedrock, and the cool feel of damp underground air. When he finds some that doesn't look owned, he'll cast stone shape to pull out the stone that would otherwise have filled in cracks between stones, and that had formerly filled the handles on them. He;ll intentionally make them small enough that even his childlike might can pull them up. Doing so he'll place them off to the side, preferably in tall grass, having made himself a nice small sized entryway (perfect for his lean frame to fit through), into a 20'X30'X20-0' room 5' underground, slanting uphill along one side.
Ouch are those handholds going to be small or what. :smalleek:
Once this is done he looks about to see if his excavation of the ground out of town was discovered. If not he'll slip underground for a moment's peace and quiet.

theterran
2013-06-29, 09:41 PM
One of the biggest celebrations of the year...and this is it? Flynn thinks to himself watching the festivities, in disappointment, all the while doing his best not to get trampled on by the larger folk.

Yep, let's all ignore then gnome and walk all over him... he grumbles inwardly to himself, irritated at the major let down of the day as he works his way through the crowd, hunting a better vantage point on the celebrations, on the off chance that his lack of height was obscuring some of it in amongst the 'tall folk'.

rweird
2013-06-30, 09:30 PM
As Rivvek moves to leave, he hears mention of goblins, searching for a kobold. He turns and mutters something in draconic. Once about 100 ft away, he mutters an arcane invocation.

Uncanny Forethought for Message with Gauruke and Aria (you can whisper back).

Rivvek then whispers, his magic carrying his words to the minotaur and "halfling's" ears. "I believe that you know something that concerns me, these goblins interest me too, and I think they have some interests in me. Will you hear what I have to say?"

Archmage1
2013-06-30, 09:42 PM
Aria, hearing a strange voice whispering to her, seems to jump, not expecting it, before she looks around, predictably enough, not seeing anyone suspicious.

"Who are you, and where are you? And what is your interest in the Goblins?"

drack
2013-07-01, 09:13 AM
Grumbling to himself the elf noticed the noise was still too agitating, and sitting around wouldn't do hm much good. Casting greater stone shape to widen the entrance a little, he focuses his magic on a horse corpse in the cave, animating it with animate dead, and leading it through the narrow entrance to his new cavern. Well not his anymore. This place was too inconvenient for his purposes. Mounting he begins galloping off to the wastes, the savage lands he now calls his home.

Tell me when I get a ways into the or if something happens. Anywho sorry mate, just not really sure what he'd do there without even having an army yet. :smalltongue:

rweird
2013-07-01, 09:16 AM
"I do not know completely, though I believe that they may have done something to the people I cared about, or be working for someone who did. I am at the edge of the crowd..." [insert directions to where I am, I don't know enough about this village to actually be able to explain it].

Archmage1
2013-07-01, 10:05 AM
"Once the Gauruke finishes remembering where this occurred, I was going to go there, potentially after recruiting some help. I... I hope that what they did to your people is not the same thing as what they did to mine. They took my daughter, and... everyone else... they killed. I will find them. And they will not enjoy it. If you want to be a part of that, or if you know anyone who does, you are welcome to come."

As she whispers, Aria is having trouble controlling her emotions, and they flicker across her features, rage, desperation, and despair, all in a horrifying mix. This is not a happy "halfling".

She also looks around, trying to find Rivvek in the crowd, based on his direction.
[roll0] spot

rweird
2013-07-01, 03:06 PM
"I fear that they are responsible for the destruction of my people, though I do not know for certain. I believe they may be coming to try to kill me."

Spot: I think you'd see the halfling with chains mysteriously coiling around him.

Archmage1
2013-07-01, 03:16 PM
Aria smiles slowly. This is not a nice smile. More like what a cat might do if it is told that the bird was coming to it.
"If they are, that is a good thing. Finding them becomes much easier. Might make survival a bit trickier, but I think they will fail. We do need to take one alive, though, so that we might persuade him. I assume that you are about as much a halfling as I am?"

If they are coming after him, it gives me a chance to get them to tell me where Liriel is. If they have hurt her... They will not enjoy their deaths, and if they have not, they will still die, but more pleasantly. But how to use him as bait, and to keep him alive...

Aria thinks about a plan, but, at this time, her only thought is that she will need more help to pull this off, if she wants the strange halfling to survive.

rweird
2013-07-01, 07:21 PM
"Yes, we'll need to leave one of them alive. Perhaps we could find a more secure method of communication than this. Perhaps telepathy?"

Rivvek is thinking quickly too. I'll need the knowledge of the minotaur, perhaps that of the 'halfling' too, what is she anyhow. I don't want to be found. To risky, though I need to find them. I really should make some guards.

Archmage1
2013-07-01, 07:30 PM
As the other "halfling" suggests finding a more secure means of communication, Aria simply looks impatient.
"Actually, anything to lure them to us is a good thing. As for leaving one alive... that is why I need someone else. I... I am unlikely to do so."

Aria impudently prods Gauruke.
"Do you remember where you saw the goblins yet?"

drack
2013-07-01, 07:38 PM
Taking the reins gently in his weak grip The High Priest of Verdoh galloped through the woods about the village on his unliving mount, his head bending limply forward and back with every jarring movement of the mount beneath him. Why with his pale as a ghost completion, an onlooker might even think him a phantom rider amidst the night. Long hair as pale as his skin billowed out behind him as his icy green eyes stared penetratingly at the path before him.

I must go. I haven't time to waste. I must make it. I must begin today, or all is lost. I must succeed. I must. I must.

theterran
2013-07-01, 07:57 PM
Finding a step to stand upon. shadow flows around him like a thin, misty cloak, obscuring some of his features from time to time. Flynn surveys the crowd, looking for anyone who might look interesting to converse with, or at least someone who might know something of the town, current events, or the gnomish civil war.

rweird
2013-07-01, 08:04 PM
"I, unlike you are no as reckless, I would much rather that the goblins do not know of my existence until we know as much as we can from them. Depending on there power, I may be able lay an ambush for them, though that would require knowledge of where the are... and for pities sake, if you're going to stand in the middle of a party, act the part or let us find somewhere else to talk."

Archmage1
2013-07-01, 08:08 PM
Aria simply looks at Rivvek, and then back at the still sedately thinking Gauruke, clearly thinking that they needed to wait for the minotaur to escape the trap that his thoughts had laid for him.

drack
2013-07-01, 08:16 PM
And so it was that the High Priest of Verdoh rode on as brambles and brickets tore at his undying mound. Onward he road through both thick underbrush and sparse clearings. There were no roads to where he was going, only dangers untold, some of which he might even be forced to face. Still onward he toad to that rocky wasteland where no man dare tread. Onward. Onward... Onward.....

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:07 PM
A loud trumpet interrupts the dancers and the fiddler lowers his instunebt. A lone human mounted on a great griffin rides up towards the mayor, squire in tow. You have failed to pay your tithe, Galanar. I give you one last chance. What sy you?

Archmage1
2013-07-02, 03:14 PM
Distracted from the slowly thinking Minotaur, Aria pipes up.
"Why is an elven town paying tithes to a human lord in the first place? And must you be here now? It is a time of celebration, not of business."

My position to argue here is weak at best, but... they are worth helping, I think.

theterran
2013-07-02, 03:20 PM
The party might have been boring, but the situation just got interesting... Flynn thinks to himself.

Eyeing the griffin...
I wonder what would scare that griffon... Flynn wonders...

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:22 PM
None of your concern Halfling. And I care little for your celebration. Now as I have said your time is out. Have you the money or not.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:25 PM
Mayor: :smalleek: I give in. I'll have the money by sunrise.

Talon15
Raxxus snorts at the human and his mount.

Interrupting this celebration to make demands? Typical.

He sets his plate down and walks around to a better snip... viewing position.

Archmage1
"But.... Can you please explain? Please?"

Aria's voice seems to become quite plaintive towards the end, like a child, begging an elder to explain something.

If you want a speech roll, ask for it. I would prefer to avoid rollplaying, if possible.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:28 PM
An elf near to Aria bends down and whispers. " Tithe for protection from the humans. Thy promise our lives from them and any other armies as long as we pay. But they're threatening us and as you can see from our celebration we just don't have that sort of money."
Both the Mayor and the Man ignore Aria

Archmage1
2013-07-02, 03:30 PM
Aria whispers back.
"But... why? Don't the elves have their own army, and aren't the humans looking for trouble with the dwarves anyway? Couldn't you ask for protection from the elven army?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:34 PM
The Elves are still undecided. If we join the humans and the Minotaurs attack we're doomed without protection. The elven army will be too busy fighting the dwarves in the badlands. And so far we have been unable to get a message to the great city to protect us from the humans.

Archmage1
2013-07-02, 03:37 PM
Could you please either color speech, or put it in quotation marks? Makes it easier to read, at least for me.

"Isn't that the minotaur representative? Couldn't he provide minotaur protection? And why would we want to help the humans to steal the Ritnock anyway? The dwarves don't seem to have used it, but I bet the humans will. And where do the goblins fit in all of this?"

Talon15
2013-07-02, 03:37 PM
Taking his time Raxxus climbs up to a better vantage point to watch the conversation and keep an eye out.

I wonder if they brought any friends to add... incentive to their request? He looks into the distance in the direction that griffon arrived.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Spot to see anything in the distance: [roll2]

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:40 PM
Withthat the man smirks at the mayor. He looks around the crowd until he sees Gauruke. His face pales and his griffin takes flight.

Mayor: Fear not. We'll be fine. He shall get his money. Pleas people fret not. Return to your activities.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:48 PM
Elven Woman: Halfling, I am not a politician. I suppose that if the dwarves are not powerful enough we shall fall with them and we don't want to be wiped out by the humans. Is that reason enough? Survival. As for the greenskins, I suppose the same. If you cannot defeat them you join them, I guess. Now if I may return to my husband.
She turns away.

Archmage1
2013-07-02, 03:52 PM
More nitpicking:
Halfling, I am not a politician. I suppose that if the dwarves are big and powerful enough we shall ally with them, since we don't want to be wiped out by the humans. Is that reason enough? Survival. As for the greenskins, I suppose the same. If you cannot defeat them you join them I guess. Now if I may return to my husband?
Remarkably hard to follow, and this is my interpretation

Aria, seeing that the minotuar, Gauruke, was still frozen in thought, heads over to the mayor, and softly asks her questions.
"How long has this been going on, and how much do they ask for?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-02, 03:59 PM
Oh, they asked I think two months ago. 7500 platinum pieces. Expensive in a word. Why do you wish to know Halfling? You shouldn't really stick your nose where it's not wanted

Archmage1
2013-07-02, 04:54 PM
Aria remembers what happened to her home, the last place she had tried to protect, and shakes her head, tears flowing from her eyes, unseen through the illusory disguise.

"I will not let that happen. It is not right that they would do so. Your people protected mine for a long time. It is only fair that the second to last of us return the favor. Now, he is expecting to receive seven thousand platinum by sunrise, yes? Do you know where he is based? This sort of banditry must be stopped."

theterran
2013-07-02, 05:46 PM
Flynn watches the griffon take flight, noting which direction it flies.

Man that's stylish...I wonder what it takes to get a mount like that... Flynn thinks to himself...

Seeing that someone is conversing with the mayor, Flynn makes an odd face and hops down from his vantage point to see what all the fuss is about...

greenpotato
2013-07-02, 06:56 PM
Yagda transforms into an eagle and follows the human at a distance.

Metamorphosis into an eagle: 7pp

Talon15
2013-07-02, 07:11 PM
Seems I have something to do after all.... is that an eagle following it?

Giving one last glance to the direction the Griffon and eagle travels Raxxus drops back down next to the mayor, bluntly questioning him.

"Does that rider arrive from the same direction each time?"

theterran
2013-07-02, 08:11 PM
"More importantly..." says Flynn, strolling up and interjecting himself into the conversation with the mayor, "...does he always ride one of those awesome mounts!"

Simba
2013-07-02, 11:52 PM
Alassea

When the Human and his Griffon arrive, Alassea excuses herself from her companions and walks over, closer to where she can listen in on what is said. Anyone watching her can see flickers of energy appearing all over her, tiny lightnings playing with each other.

"Shameful." is all she says, in a tone that clearly states her distaste for paying protection money.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-03, 02:37 AM
Mayor: He always comes from the north yes. Why is everyone so curious. It is not your business.

By awesome mount, do you mean the griffon he rides. Then yes he always rides it.

Archmage1
2013-07-03, 06:12 AM
"Everyone is curious because you plan on paying him, and we don't think that will work. Once you pay him, he will just keep coming back for more, and every time you pay him, he will be that much stronger, and you will be that much weaker."

Simba
2013-07-03, 06:23 AM
Alassea

"Please excuse my interruption. I am just curious. How long has this been going on and what does this man give you in exchange for all that money? And why does he think he can treat you like dirt for it? If you're paying him for protection he is a business partner and should at least treat you like one. If on the other hand he is blackmailing you.....there must be a way out of this trap."

"Sir" she adds belatedly, with a small smile on her face.

theterran
2013-07-03, 07:03 AM
"Everyone is curious because you plan on paying him, and we don't think that will work. Once you pay him, he will just keep coming back for more, and every time you pay him, he will be that much stronger, and you will be that much weaker."

"Nah, that's not my reasoning..." says the little gnome as he grins. "I'm only interested because I want one of those griffons! I'll bet someone could really stand out and be someone riding one of those!" Flynn says with a dreamy look in his eyes.

He pauses, and shakes his head a bit, as if trying to clear it.

"Still...probably not the best thing to pay off the Humans...they're not very trustworthy from what I hear. And besides, you didn't even shop around for your protection! I'm sure you could find other willing parties to offer you protection for less than what they Humans are demanding." says Flynn, almost implying that he himself would take that 'service', almost...

Talon15
2013-07-03, 09:44 AM
Raxxus glances around at the sky to guess the coming weather before he heads out.

only really want to guess the next couple of days and that's a dc of 25. my mod is 29 so I should be good :smallbiggrin:

"Paying them such a large amount is a waste of time." He adds before walking away from the conversation and heading north to the outskirts of the village.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-03, 11:25 AM
Mayor:Are you aware of the speed of the armies. The elven army is disbanded as of yet. It would take weeks to gather them and as I can tell the human army is far closer. What choice do we have. Messages will be met with more threats.

The man smirks at Flynn's speech, as if he were a young child.
Mayor:Are you offering your services little one

Archmage1
2013-07-03, 11:27 AM
At the news that the human army has been gathered, but the elven army had not been Aria's eyes open wide in surprise. She had never imagines that things would be this bad.

"But... even if you pay, what makes you think that they will not come anyway? Either way is an act of war, so there is no reason for them to not attack. A better plan would be to disrupt the human army, buying time for the elven army to get a significant force here, and for the government to call upon the other nations for assistance. But to do that, you need to get a messenger through. But... I'm only a small woman, so my opinion matters little to you."

theterran
2013-07-03, 11:45 AM
Flynn stares at the mayor, no expression on his face.
"Depends...what's your offer?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-03, 03:41 PM
At the news that the human army has been gathered, but the elven army had not been Aria's eyes open wide in surprise. She had never imagines that things would be this bad.

"But... even if you pay, what makes you think that they will not come anyway? Either way is an act of war, so there is no reason for them to not attack. A better plan would be to disrupt the human army, buying time for the elven army to get a significant force here, and for the government to call upon the other nations for assistance. But to do that, you need to get a messenger through. But... I'm only a small woman, so my opinion matters little to you."
Interesting idea. But what if the elves decide to join the humans? We are but a small village. The armies interest is the nations. You seem to be more then you let on little one. What I your name.

Flynn stares at the mayor, no expression on his face.
"Depends...what's your offer?"
He chuckles and smiles at you as if you were a child.

As the mayor speaks a minotaur hobbles over: Halfling, I believe it was somewhere southwest. Roughly 60 miles or so. Near Ashsomething or other.

Archmage1
2013-07-03, 03:46 PM
"I am Aria Moonwalker, nothing more. The elves may decide to join the humans, and they might not. However, you paying them is making a commitment from the elven government either way. Your choice will shape how this war unfolds. But consider this: if it comes to war, that price would raise and train a massive number of troops. Do you really want to be responsible for paying for an army the size of the elven army, especially since, judging by their actions, they may well be hostile"

As Gauruke remembers, Aria smiles. It is not a happy smile.
"Mayor, would you know what town he speaks of, and could you give directions?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-03, 03:51 PM
perhaps you are right. Hmm. I will think on this. An evacuation may be in order.
I could certainly give you directions. If you go I could give you a guide.

Archmage1
2013-07-03, 03:57 PM
As he offers directions and a guide, Aria's face seems to light up with hope, hope that she might be able to find her daughter, and make those responsible pay dearly.

"Thank you, thank you very much. This... this gives me a chance."

She goes to hug him, but, well being rather short, she ends up hugging his legs instead(which might look a little odd.)

Raunchel
2013-07-04, 07:31 AM
Ermese closes her eyes for a moment, sending a call to Alathose. The actions of thse humans are horrible, and something has to be done about it. While the great beast makes her way to the celebrations the warrior approaches the mayor. "Sir, I offer my services to bring this message to our people."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-04, 03:52 PM
He looks down at the Halfling irritated before looking back up to the elf in front of him.Hmm. Do you really think you could get to the council and get one of them hear by the morning? And even if you could what if~ What in Artemis' name is that thing. Guards to arms

The guards scramble around spears and bows at the ready.

Archmage1
2013-07-04, 04:00 PM
Aria, upon hearing that something is happening, looks around alertly.
[roll0] spoting

Raunchel
2013-07-05, 03:33 AM
Ermese smiles when she sees Alathose approach through the sky. Then she notices the reactions of the crowds and shouts: "Do not fear! That is Alathose the Wise, she will not harm any of you!"

theterran
2013-07-05, 06:48 AM
Flynn kept his peace and listened, hoping to glean some information about events, and possibly a way to get a griffon, as clearly this imbecile of a mayor was not worthy of his protection...

Simba
2013-07-05, 10:22 AM
Alassea

"She's with you, then?" Alassea asks, relaxing visibly. For a second, flames has been licking hungrily around her hands, eager to fly and kill, but they are gone just as quickly as they had arrived, leaving her hands and clothing unharmed.

Raunchel
2013-07-06, 09:48 AM
"Yes, Alathose is with me, we have been together for years and she has never harmed anyone."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-07, 03:23 PM
He gives Ermese an incredulous look before motioning to the spearmenGuards lower your weapons.He turns to Ermese, forgetting about Aria and FlynnAnd what if they see you. Do you think they'd appreciate us going against them. They'll butcher us. Far too risky

Raunchel
2013-07-08, 07:08 AM
Ermese answers: "If they do not know about it they will not act. And once there are reinforcements here they can no longer act. In this situation our ally is secrecy."

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 10:17 AM
Aria, seeing the mayor apparently flabbergasted by the stranger's question, decides to try and give him a chance to clear his mind, and reminding him of her presence.
She steps back, making it easier for her to look him in the face, before chiming in.
"Whether you choose to try and resist, or to play for time, might I get a guide tonight, or will I be waiting until tomorrow morning before departing for the ambush site."

theterran
2013-07-09, 11:35 AM
"You mean you're going to follow the guy on the griffon?" Flynn interjects.

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 11:37 AM
The beautiful halfling turns to face Flynn, looking him in the eyes. She does not look happy.
"No, I will find the goblins before they bring more harm to these lands than they already have."

theterran
2013-07-09, 11:47 AM
Flynn looks somewhat perplexed by that statement.

"Goblins? That must have been a really big goblin on the back of the griffon then..." Flynn attempts to joke.

"In all seriousness, are goblins really that much more of a threat than these humans?" queries Flynn, glancing back and forth between the halfling and the elven mayor.

I doubt they have anything as cool as a griffon for mounts...still...I wonder what, if anything, the goblins mount... ponders Flynn to himself...smirking somewhat as that final thought strikes him as humorous.

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 11:50 AM
Aria shakes her head, and really looks at Flynn, studying him carefully as she replies.

"The humans, at this time, are not massacring villages. The goblins are. Including mine. They may also have my daughter. I will find them."

Talon15
2013-07-09, 11:53 AM
Yawning again Raxxus stays perched on a roof near the northern side of the village. Keeping an eye on the skyline for more "visitors" and the discussion below with the mayor.

Someone needs a guide... to deal with goblins? I don't recall them being a problem in the area... may need to investigate

Shifting his position he keeps the "halfling" requesting the guide in view.

theterran
2013-07-09, 12:03 PM
Flynn thinks on this for a moment, then nods his head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Mayor, I will have to withdraw my offer from you, something more pressing has come up." Flynn states, as formally as he can to the mayor.

Turning to Aria, Flynn smiles his biggest, bestest grin. (Yes I put biggest bestest :smallbiggrin:)
"I'm pleased to inform you that your cries for help have been heard, and that I will, out of my own good graces, accompany you to deal with this goblin menace!" he states, matter-of-factly.

Not to mention that Flynn Ryder, Goblin Slayer has quite a nice ring to it. he muses to himself.

"My name is Flynn." he says, holding out a hand to Aria, with his large grin, almost painful looking, still prominent on his face.

((Thought about a random charisma check...but doubt it would work on PCs anyway :smallwink:))

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 12:11 PM
As the strange, handsome gnome retracts his offer to help the village, Aria is surprised, as he seemed to be fairly set on helping them, but then he offers to help her, an offer that she was not expecting. And he did so with a smile...

As he offers his hand, Aria stretches up, and shakes it.
"I am Aria Moonwalker. Pleased to meet you, Flynn. Thank you for your offer, as it is most unexpected."

theterran
2013-07-09, 12:19 PM
Flynn grasps her hand, shaking it, seemingly in shock.

...someone actually accepted an offer for once...

Now what?

Flynn wonders in a panic.

Suddenly realizing that he is STILL shaking her hand, he lets the shake go, and tones back the smile, which is now becoming quite painful, and being quite uncomfortable with the silence, quickly tries to fill it.

"Well, since we're being formal, the name is Flynn Ryder, but still, you can call me Flynn." he says with a wink.

"So..." he says, turning to the mayor, with excitement building, "...what about getting this lovely lady a guide?"

...Flynn Ryder, Goblin Slayer, Hero Extraordinaire... he fancies to himself all the while.

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 12:32 PM
As Flynn continues to shake her hand, and smile, as though he is in his own little world, Aria starts to feel a bit nervous, but just as she was about to say something, he let go.

This Flynn... he seems to be a bit... self absorbed and excitable, but if he is willing to help me find Liriel...

rweird
2013-07-09, 12:44 PM
To Aria: "I'll try to finish my investigations here quickly, I am under the impression that someone knows something about this in this town. I'll try to be quick. Do you think you can find a guide?"

With that the cloaked, chain-wrapped halfling slips into the night to seek out Arkhan... The one he was seeking when happened across this 'halfling' and the minotaur who knew something of him, even if they did not know they did.

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 01:48 PM
"That's what I have been working on. We will find them."
Aria's final words ring with absolute certainty, as though she would never stop until they were found.

Talon15
2013-07-09, 02:57 PM
Raxxus considers his options on his perch:

The humans could start a conflict anytime now. But this situation with Goblins may need to be addressed as well. I'm no soldier for a war and the conflict could be far. But this could be a problem right here and right now.

Deciding on his course of action Raxxus drops back down from his perch and walks over to Aria.

"I am Raxxus. I can guide you to your destination."

Archmage1
2013-07-09, 03:04 PM
People keep popping out of the woodwork, willing to help. It... surprises me. I was not expecting such generosity.

As the strange male walks up, offering to act as a guide, Aria is once again surprised by the number of people willing to help her.

"Thank you, Raxxus. Your aid will be appreciated. I am Aria, this is Flynn, and there is one more that will be joining us before we go, assuming he can find the information he seeks. Do you know the way to the village, with a name like Ash, about 60 miles to the southwest?"

drack
2013-07-09, 04:28 PM
The high Priest of Verdoh begins his return trip having cleared his head. Atop his mount he begins ominously chanting a little diddy that catches his fancy.
"Tra-la-la-la-la."
"Tra-la-la-la-la."
"Tra-la-la-la-la."

theterran
2013-07-09, 09:16 PM
Flynn turns his attention to the new comer, not speaking, but listening intently, but for a brief moment, is distracted.

Was that singing? Where is that awful noise coming from... he quips to himself...

:thog:

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-15, 01:22 PM
The guards are shocked and people start shuffling away from Alathose.

The mayor waves a hand at Aria
Mayor:Hmm. Oh yes.
He shouts to a guard. This is Kal'enth. He will take you where you need to go.
He turns to Ermese.Perhaps you are right. I would be beet grateful for this deed. If I may I will be sending two of my guards with you. Do you think an evacuation is in order?

Kal'enth nods to the mayor and turns to Aria. Kal'enth:We can leave tonight if you'd like.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 01:27 PM
"Thank you, Mayor. I am in your debt. Once the other halfling finishes getting his information, we will go."

Aria turns to Kal'enth, looking up at him, and smiling.
"Kal'enth, it is nice to meet you. We should be able to leave soon, once everyone else who is coming with me is ready to go. They are Raxxus, Flynn, and another halfling. Do you have any food or anything that you want to gather?"

Raunchel
2013-07-15, 01:57 PM
"That would be wise, and you may send your guards along, but I think that it would be better to keep them with your people, they require more protection."

Talon15
2013-07-15, 02:50 PM
Raxxus nods as he looks over the forming party. It's been awhile since I've traveled with other people.

"I am ready to leave whenever you are, meet me at the edge of town when you are finished here." Without another word he heads away from the crowds to the edge of the village.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-15, 03:20 PM
Kal'enth:I would like to say goodbye to my wife, but provision shouldn't be necessary. I will need to grab my pack though, so I guess that counts as some provisions depending on your definition of provisions although I alway thought it meant food. Anyway where are we off to. Can't lead you if I don't know where I'm going. Well I can but its probably be a bad idea because...

Mayor:Enough Kal'enth. Go grab your bags. I'm sure they don't have time for your ramblings. He again turns to Ermese. What is your name by the way?

rweird
You walk up to a large house. It's walls are littered with cracks and small vines of ivy hang from its roof. The walls are a dark wood and som areas are covered with mould. One of the windows is smashed.

rweird
2013-07-15, 03:26 PM
Rivvek will knock on the door.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 04:08 PM
"Of course, Kal'enth. We probably won't be leaving for another hour or two. Our destination is a goblin attack sight around 60 miles southwest of here, near a town that has a name like Ash."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-15, 04:20 PM
rweird
After a minute or so an elderly man finally opens the door. He is clad in gray robes with elven symbols on them and a single symbol dangles from his neck. Yeah. Whatdayouwant.

Kal'enth:Thank you Halfling. I shall prepare immediately, or as close to it as I can because you know immediately would be right then and I'm not that fast an I suppose no one is an noone ever will be. Anyway. I'll meet you here in an hour. He walks off to a young elven woman and they start talking.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 05:11 PM
Aria nods solemly.
"As you wish, Kal'enth. I will be waiting."

rweird
2013-07-15, 06:34 PM
"Knowledge, knowledge of the past. Before the cities. Do you know anything of that time?"

Archmage1
2013-07-17, 07:50 AM
Not really wanting to stand around and wait, Aria looks around the area, and rapidly finds a small raised garden terrace, which she goes and sits on, to await the others being ready to go, although she is fidgety, not really wanting to wait, but knowing that it would make things better.

Talon15
2013-07-17, 10:25 AM
After reaching the edge of town Raxxus calls for his companion. He only has to wait a moment before the huge constrictor silently slides towards him. Petting the great serpent he finds a place to sit amongst it's coils as he waits.

"We'll be traveling soon, with other people. So behave yourself."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-17, 01:17 PM
Arkhan: Knowledge before the cities you say. I do have some knowledge. Why do you want to know Halfling? It seems an odd request.

rweird
2013-07-17, 01:33 PM
"Knowledge of a now extinct race and who killed them. Have you heard of kobolds?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-17, 03:19 PM
Arkhan:Kobolds? He says shocked Come inside He motions you inside and leads up to a dark room with two large wooden chairs and a bowl of clear water. A floorboard creeks as you step onto the dusty carpet. As you sit down he says:Very few know of the existence of kobolds. What interest do you have in them?

rweird
2013-07-17, 03:30 PM
"I wish to bring them back, and learn who destroyed them."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-17, 03:53 PM
He is shocked when you tell him this. Good luck trying. They won't let you. Wait here for a second.He gets up and walks through the door. When he returns he is carrying two glasses filled with a beige liquid and a thick tome. He put a drink on your armrest and puts the book in your lap. It was many years ago. All races lived in harmony. But it changed with the six. Six leaders of five races who saw fit to create their own paradises. They had the power to slaughter armies. No one would stand in their way. It was they who created the cities. They decided that no thee sentient race should join them. They kept many as slaves but before long these were cast aside too. Only one group, the order of the gren scale could stand up to them. With one final stand they managed to bring low a single city. They manage to do what millions of others couldn't do. They sent the city into the ground. So much death. A sad story. That city was the city of Brazewyrm. As to this day I haven't seen another kobold. And ultimately a futile effort. The other races where still murdered and sent to the badlands. And that young Halfling is all I can help you with. I am an old cleric, far past my adventuring days. All knowledge of the subject should be contained within that 'Monster Manual' as he named it
Arkhan put on a sad smile for a second before he takes a sip if his drink.

rweird
2013-07-17, 04:34 PM
The halfling sits, though the chains rise into the air menacingly. As the halfling masters his thoughts, they wrap back around him. "So they were sent in to the badlands, not slaughtered?" Rivvek asks, reaching for the 'Monster Manual' and looking for a table of contents.

OoC:
Do I know of the city of Brazewyrm or the Order of the Gren Scale?

greenpotato
2013-07-17, 07:12 PM
Yagda remains frozen in time, stuck in mid flap as people flurry about the town and her quarry vanishes into thin air.

Archmage1
2013-07-17, 08:08 PM
Aria watches the strange bird, paused in time, stuck between flaps, and wonders how such a thing came to be...

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-18, 09:57 AM
Greenpotato
After following the Griffon for a longer time than a conversation and a short walk, Yagda watches the forest thin as she leaves Aldwater, before entering human lands. Half an hour later she comes spots an enormous camp. Crimson tents scatter the landscape and hundreds of flags fly in the wind. The human starts to dive towards a unit of 20 or so human calvalry on pegasi. As yagda is spotted by the humans there are many happy shouts of Zeus has blessed us.

rweird
Arkhan: Well yes, but I'll be damned if any managed to survive the collision of the city and the earth.
ooc:
You heard of rumors of the creation a grand city, although you have no great knowledge of it. The order of the green scale is unheard of.

Raunchel
2013-07-18, 10:59 AM
"My name is Ermese Siondil, my brothers live here, you might know them.", Ermese replies.

rweird
2013-07-18, 11:10 AM
Pesimismrocks:
"A city fell on them?"

What does the book's table of contents include?

Using Divine Insight for both these checks
Knowledge (History) on Brazewyrm: [roll0]
Knowledge (History) on the Order of the Green Scale: [roll1]

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-18, 12:28 PM
rweird Arkhan lets out a small chuckle: Perhaps you misunderstood me halfling. They were on the city of brazewyrn when it fell.
The contents include:
Pixies
Humans
Dwarves
Ogres
Cyclopses
Trolls
Giants
Unicorns
Elves
Minotaurs
Kenku
Dragons
-Legends
-Kobolds
Other Beasts (Non-sentient)
-Displacers
-Blinkers
-Manticores
-Griffons
-Pegasi
-Krakens
-Elementals
-Animals
-Prehistors
Despite your extensive knowledge and your gods guidance you fail to remember nowledge of brazewyrm.
However in several obscure sourcebooks you have read of a group of thieving rebels. A human wizard, a dwarven jack-of-all trades, a goblin assasin, an elven cleric, an kobold sorcerer and a minotaur druid. They were according to the textbooks horrible monsters and murdererers who enjoyed torture and would slaughter thousands of men, women and children. They were defeated in the battle of emberhaunt.

raunchel:
Mayor: Yes, I have. Fine warriors. I will have my two best guards follow you. He walks to a raised platform and shouts to the crowd. Grave news, my citizens. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we have to evacuate the city. This is only a temporary solution, and we will return. I apoligise for the inconvienience. But please grab any essential items you have and any provisions you require. Guards, would you make sure all citizens are awoken and prepared. that is all for now. You have half an hour. The citizens are shocked, but soon the elves are scurrying to grab their children and possesions. Guards start checking houses.

rweird
2013-07-18, 01:08 PM
Pesimismrocks:
"You said 'The other races where still murdered and sent to the badlands.' after you mentioned the fall of Brazewyrm. Do you mean to tell me every member of the kobold race was in a single city, that this... Order of the Green Scale... destroyed?"

I flip to the section on kobolds.

Is this the order of the green scale you mention, or is this a random group of people that I've heard of and for some reason are relevant, but that is unknown. Also, does "the Battle of Emberhaunt" mean anything?

Also, DC 50 to hear of something like that in the vaguest sense? Do I know anything of this cleric, he'd have to be pretty powerful to make such a knowledge check.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-18, 03:28 PM
Rweird
Arkhan: As far as I'm aware all members were present on brazewyrm. Actually now I think about it, some just have survived. Hunting parties and such. But cast out to the badlands they are either long dead, or a savage race.

The page reads:
Kobolds:
The kobolds are an sentient reptilian race. They are believed to be descendants of the mythical dragons [see page Dragons Legends]. They are small and weak but are capable of producing especially powerful sorcerers as well as assassins. Similiar to goblinoids these creatures have less muscle mass yet are quick to actin and have good eyes and hands. Some members of the race have been known to be especially powerful, and often have mutations unknown to other races. These are commonly known as dragonwrought, although links to dragons have not been proven. Kobolds are short humanoids roughly the size of halflings or goblinoids [see MM2 Young races] There is no known cause of dragonwrought and it bears no similarity to any other divine gifts. Kobolds are very intelligent and with their advanced knowledge of traps and hunting they became one of the dominant races and their civilization grew. After this there is a list of various things like average height, average age of death and so on.
As for the knowledge check, this is incredibly obscure stuff. Like small references in books on crime and punishment, and perhaps in one or two biographies.

rweird
2013-07-18, 04:04 PM
Pesimismrocks:
Okay, I am pretty confused about this. He said "It was many years ago. All races lived in harmony. But it changed with the six. Six leaders of five races who saw fit to create their own paradises. They had the power to slaughter armies. No one would stand in their way. It was they who created the cities. They decided that no thee [I think that was a typo and autocorrect, though don't know what is meant] sentient race should join them. They kept many as slaves but before long these were cast aside too. Only one group, the order of the gren scale could stand up to them. With one final stand they managed to bring low a single city. They manage to do what millions of others couldn't do. They sent the city into the ground. So much death. A sad story. That city was the city of Brazewyrm."

He then said: "Perhaps you misunderstood me halfling. They were on the city of brazewyrn when it fell."

And: "As far as I'm aware all members were present on brazewyrm"

This doesn't make sense, really. For some reason, even once cast into the badlands, all the kobolds were on the city of brazewyrm, which then was destroyed by the Order of the Green Scale, in an attempt to stop 6 leaders from 5 races from making the cities and enslaving everyone. Why would the Order of the Green Scale attack a city full of kobolds? I think I am misunderstanding something, though I don't know what you mean.

"What is this order of the green scale?"

Knowledge: I know, DC 30 is for "really tough questions", both of my rolls were at least 15 points over that. I've spent years investigating this stuff. Still, considering the cleric could so easily know all that, have I heard of him or anything. Someone so powerful would have made a name for themselves.

Do those 6 people form the order of the green scale, or have any relation to it, or is it just some fact I know with no relation. Also, does "the Battle of Emberhaunt" mean anything to me?

greenpotato
2013-07-18, 10:23 PM
Standard Action:
Manifest Twinned Empowered 6pp Energy Missile Linked to Schism.
([roll0]*1.5 +6 )*2 Fire damage at the five closest pursuers with a DC 26 reflex save allowing for half. 15pp
Move Action:
Fly away from the camp 80ft.
Swift Action:
Dimension Hop 15pp to teleport another 150ft away.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-20, 02:38 AM
greenpotato
What the the fireball plummets towards the four soldier on their pegasi and only two manage to dive off. They slowly get up to their feet, clutching their sides. Only ash remains where the fireball used to be. The man on the griffon shouts That aint a griffon, its a druid. AFTER IT!
5 Warriors on pegasi follow him after you, as well as a wizard who has cast fly on himself and a man who transformed into a crane.

The pegasi are 120ft closer. The griffon is 80ft. The other two are 60ft closer. None of the calvary seem to have ranged weapons, only lances. The wizard shouts and you spot a ball of fire racing towards you.
[roll0] Reflex half.

rweird
They were a group of rebels. They tried to help the many that would soon die.Heroes. Vigilantes. Corpses. What else do you wish to know? at that moment a knock on the door is heard. Arkhan:One moment he walks out of the room. A minute later he returns. We are evacuating halfling. You should finish your drink and go collect your things. He goes out of the room and starts to walk up the stairs.

greenpotato
2013-07-20, 04:45 AM
Reflex Save [roll0] Edit: I'll re-roll this is the OOC thread

Standard Action
Twinned Empowered 11pp energy missile(fire) 15pp
[roll0]*1.5+11 )*2 Edit=89 reflex 26 for half and 89 reflex 26 for half
targetting the wizard and 4 random others

Schism Action
Twinned Empowered 5pp energy missile(cold) 9pp Linked to a 2pp Vigor
[roll1]*1.5+5 )*2 Edit=32 reflex 26 for half and 32 reflex 26 for half
targetting the wizard and 4 random others

Move Action
Fly away another 80ft

Swift Action
Dimension Hop another 60ft

rweird
2013-07-20, 08:18 AM
"Thank you, if you could show my were Brazewyrm was on a map, that would be all. Thank you for your time." I hand him the book. "Also, do you know where I could get a copy of this?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-21, 05:25 PM
Rweird:
Arkhan continues up the stairs. Several minutes later he comes down with a map and a box full of books. Where was it? Roughly here Here is just south of the dwarf continent. And I'll doubt youll find a copy. You can keep that one though. I doubt I will ever find use for it.
Greenpotato
The wizard is burnt alive and you here his scream before his corpse hurtles towards the earth. One man on Pegasus is struck from his mount as well as a another white Pegasus being charred to death it's rider falling to earth. The griffon rider realizes catching you is impossible and orders a retreat.mHis griffon stops midair but the remaining Pegasi continue to fly towards you.

Archmage1
2013-07-21, 05:57 PM
Aria, having collected what little items she needs, paces around the meeting spot, waiting for the others to arrive. The sooner they get here, the sooner she can set out to find out what happened to Liriel.

rweird
2013-07-21, 06:42 PM
"Thank you, good luck to you and your people. Farewell." With this, the halfling leaves, seeking out another 'halfling.'

OoC: Meeting with Aria and the others.

Archmage1
2013-07-21, 06:55 PM
Aria, seeing the other halfing approaches, smiles, and looks for the others, hoping that they would be arriving soon as well, allowing her to start on her quest.

theterran
2013-07-22, 07:54 AM
Flynn sits idly, waiting for Aria to indicate the party is ready to leave. Bored, he pulls out a dagger and sets to throwing it at an imaginary target in the dirt.

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 08:01 AM
Seeing the other "halfling" and Flynn arrive, Aria heads over, hoping to collect them, saving time.
"Thank you for agreeing to help me, Flynn, and you, halfling. Hopefully, the others, Raxxus and Kal'enth will arrive soon, allowing us to leave. I trust you are ready to go now? I believe that introductions can wait for everyone to arrive. Please, follow me. We should stay together, since it will save time later."
Aria heads back to her waiting zone, having collected some allies.

After collecting the halfling, and Flynn, Aria waits for Raxxus, and Kal'enth, hoping that she would be able to locate them soon, so that they could get underway. Every hour lost making things that much harder.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-22, 02:15 PM
Kal'enth strolled up to the group and nodded. To Aria: Miss halfling, I assume you wish to go now? I'll shall not kep you waiting any longer.I'll get our mounts He whistles and you hear a loud shriek and[roll0] giant owls appear.

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 02:18 PM
As Kal'enth arrives at long last, Aria smiles, glad that they can be underway soon.

"Yes, I would like to leave. The sooner we leave, the better. However, there is one more that will be joining us as we leave town. We can make introductions while we travel."

However, Kal'enth whistles, and summons 3 giant owls, which Aria looks at in amazement.
"I... I was not expecting this. But there are 5 of us. Is there any chance of finding a couple more?"

rweird
2013-07-22, 02:37 PM
As soon as the halfling arrives, seeing as no one has words to exchange, begins to conjure a smoky steed. As the owls are summoned the steed solidifies and the chain-wrapped halfling mounts it. "I have a steed more than sufficient for this task, though it easily could carry more. If need be I could conjure another mount for you as well."

Casting Phantom Steed, it has fly 240 ft (average).

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-22, 02:52 PM
Kal'enth rubs the back of his head sheepishly. I could summon a couple more but summoning them again later could be a problem with that. Could you and the gnome not share an owl or..
As the phantom steed is summoned he smiles and nods his head.
Another steed would be very useful indeed.
He climbs up onto the back of a larger white owl.

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 02:55 PM
"Thank you for the summoning, halfling, it makes this much more doable. I suspect that I can double up with Flynn, leaving the last owl for Raxxus, whom, I hope, will arrive soon. We are, after all, rather obvious."

That said, Aria clambers onto the second owl, clearly waiting for everyone else to be ready.

Talon15
2013-07-22, 03:03 PM
Raxxus yawns as he waits to depart, idling waiting for the others to arrive. It's not until he sees the owls arriving in the town that he realizes they are not traveling on foot. Sighing at the inconvenience he pets the constrictor before jumping off.

"It seems I won't be needing your services for the while. Return back home and don't eat anything around here larger than me before you do."

Nodding at the snake's departure he quietly heads back to others, nodding as he arrives.

"I am ready to leave. Who will I be riding with?"

Dismissing my companion for now, and all in all Raxxus is just 60lbs

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 03:07 PM
Bolstered by the height of the owl, Aria looks down on Raxxus.
"Raxxus, thank you for coming. It is up to you whom you fly with. Just pick a mount, and climb on."

Talon15
2013-07-22, 03:10 PM
Shrugging Raxxus climbs onto the owl with Aria. Settling in for the ride.

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 03:12 PM
Waiting until Raxxus gets settled, Aria calls out to Flynn.
"Flynn, we saved an owl for you! Climb aboard, and we will be off."

More softly, to Raxxus
"Have you flown before?"

Talon15
2013-07-22, 03:18 PM
He shakes his head at question. "I do not fly. I prefer the ground and the forests."

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 03:20 PM
Aria twists to look back at him.
"Well, you are in for a treat then. There is nothing quite like flying. Don't be scared, that, I think, is the main thing. I had hoped to take Liriel once she was a little older..."
Aria starts out cheerfully, but as she remembers, she becomes more morose.

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 03:29 PM
While waiting for Flynn, Aria claps her hands, drawing attention to herself.
"Now, Introductions. I am Aria, and these are Raxxus, Flynn, and Kal-enth. The halfling on the conjured mount, has agreed to help me find my daughter as well, however, he has not given me a name to call him. I don't suppose that you will change that, will you?"
As Aria introduces everyone, she points out the one she is naming, and as she addresses Rivvek, she up at him.

rweird
2013-07-22, 03:44 PM
The halfling pauses for a second, as if he is thinking. "You can call me Riv. A pleasure to meet you all."

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 03:45 PM
Aria nods.
"Thank you Riv, for giving us a name, and helping me."

greenpotato
2013-07-22, 11:40 PM
Schism Action
One last volley of empowered twinned energy missiles at her pursuers
[roll0]*1.5)+5)*2. Edit= 2 *30, Reflex save for half of each
Full Round Action
Yagda flees back towards the elf village moving flat out (320ft) to try and loose any remaining pursuers.

theterran
2013-07-23, 06:44 AM
Flynn eyes the owl suspiciously.
"It's no griffon..." he mumbles, as he fumbles his way onto the owl...

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 06:55 AM
In an instance the owls launch into the sky High above the town and trees. Kal'enth laughs and his owl barrel rolls in the air. The light of the moon illuminates the forest and the clear skies allow you to see the constellations of the stars and the small circles that you know are the domains of the gods. You can feel the wind in your face as your mounts glide through the air. You see flashes of clearings, wandering beasts far larger than houses, you even catch a glimpse of an enormous hut covered with greenery.

theterran
2013-07-23, 07:12 AM
Flynn jerks, then surges forward, laying flat against the owl, hanging on for dear life.
"A little warning next time!" he yells, somewhat panicked.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 08:18 AM
Aria, enjoying the flight, smiles, and asks Kal'enth the completely predictable question, no trace of fear in her voice.

"Kal'enth, what was that hut? I have never seen anything like it!"

As Flynn panicks, Aria tries to calm him down, although she does not really understand his fear
"Flynn, calm down. This is perfectly safe. There is nothing to worry about! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight!"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 08:20 AM
He smiles Tis the hut of the beast lords. It's where I was trained. A

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 08:23 AM
"Ah, it must have been interesting, to train in such a place. How long will the flight be?"

rweird
2013-07-23, 08:48 AM
Riv leaps into the air after them, his mount treading on air. Riv looks around for possible enemies. [Spot and Listen, taking 10 for 23 on each]

OoC: Are we hustling at 14 mph, or going at a normal 7 mph?

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 08:51 AM
Shouldn't take more then an hour or so.
Ooc: 6mph.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 09:05 AM
Aria smiles at this good news. The sooner she can get there, the sooner she can get started.
"Thank you. These must be very fast owls, or we have a good wind behind us."

Aria then tries to address the owls, something that she should have done earlier
[in sylvan]
"Thank you for carrying us, noble owls. Is there some way I might be able to return the favor?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 09:26 AM
Actually with the shadow speed it will take longer. Should take 7, 8 hours without me boosting my owls.

Owl in sylvan: It is no trouble young humanoid. No repayment is necessary. Kal'enth is and always will be our friend. Any friend of his is a friend of mine. Why are you headed here anyway?

theterran
2013-07-23, 09:48 AM
"The thing tried to throw me off...and you're telling me to calm down..." Flynn attempts calming himself down, but without releasing his 'death grip' on the owl, and continues to mutter random things about griffins, and falling to his death...

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 09:50 AM
Kal'enth If it scares you that much I could slow them down. It'll take longer though

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 09:53 AM
Apparently, the e-mail feature is failing a bit

As Kal-enth reveals the slower speeds, Aria frowns, but she knows that this is far faster than she could make the trip on her own.
"Can you boost the shadow steed as well?"

@the Owls, in sylvan
"Then thank you all the more for your aid. As for why I am traveling, well, I am trying to find my daughter, who seems to have been stolen by those that destroyed my home. They will return her, and they will pay for what they have done"

@Flynn
Aria laughs at your terror, even as she tries to address it.
"Don't worry. I am sure that even if you do manage to fall off, the owls can catch you. Besides, how often do you get to enjoy flying? Have fun when and where you can."

theterran
2013-07-23, 09:54 AM
Kal'enth If it scares you that much I could slow them down. It'll take longer though

With his eyes closed, Flynn responds.
"I'd rather not prolong this any longer than needed..."

drack
2013-07-23, 09:56 AM
Meanwhile back at the village

A two headed snake with dragon heads slithers it's way by the village towards the human lands.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 10:02 AM
Kal'enth: Err... No. They only work on nature animals not magical whateverthatis.

Owl: Spoken like a true mother. Save and protect your hatchling, but remember every side to the story. She wasn't killed by automatons. Well at least I assume.

DrackIt notices people are in one area gathering. Hide attempt?

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 10:06 AM
Technically, the owls and the steed are the same type, magical beasts

"Kal-enth, thank you for explaining. It was a hope, but if it is not possible, then it is not possible."

Tears flow down Aria's face as she speaks in a strange tongue to the owls.
@Owls in sylvan
"Perhaps, but there was no reason for the goblins to attack. We participated in no wars, all we did was enjoy life, and they destroyed all that, and worse. I will find her. And they will pay for what they have done."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 10:13 AM
Owls: Perhaps. For you I feel truly sorry. I wish you the best in finding your hatchling.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 10:15 AM
@Owls, in Sylvan
"Thank you, noble owl. May Artemis aid this hunt, for it is the most important one in my life."

drack
2013-07-23, 10:29 AM
Pesim

Kinda screams auto-fail before I even roll.

Talon15
2013-07-23, 11:02 AM
While his grip tightened the moment the owls took off he steadily relaxed as they flew on. Attempting only one look down he mutters; "I prefer the ground..." before staying silent the rest of the trip.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 04:01 PM
Drack:
A guard says: Everyone quiet. Dont attack. Let it bye.

Greenpotato: You return back to the town to see it deserted with all the villagers gathering towards the south.

Raunchel: Two guards, one on the back of a dire bat arrive. So your the lovely lady we're to escort. After you.

Simba
2013-07-24, 05:07 AM
Alassea

Minding the guard's words, Alassea does her best to remain quiet and hidden, but tries to at least catch a glimpse of the approaching monster. Maybe she can do something about it...

Archmage1
2013-07-24, 07:42 AM
Arial looks around, excitedly, enjoying the flight. After all, she has not flown this high while on her own. However, before long, her thoughts turn once more to what her daughter is enduring, which drains all the joy from the trip, making it something of need only.

drack
2013-07-24, 11:28 AM
At the village

The snake thing seems to be a colossal serpent with two draconian head and claws, slithering through the air above the treetops towards the human lands. It doesn't seem to take note of the village at all, intent on the lands beyond. Its movements however are clumsy and slow befitting a creature of such size (moving 180'/round)

Being unmolested, and greatly ignored, it continues to fly until it reaches a larger human city.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-24, 02:08 PM
Time passes on. Eventually dawn breaks painting the sky and the trees a bright amber. On the horizon lays the silhouette of a tower

Kal'enth smiles.Miss halfling, Welcome to Ashwind

The owls start their descent, circling before landing in a clearing. Kal'enth dismounts, and pats his owl's head lovingly.

Archmage1
2013-07-24, 02:13 PM
At long last, Aria arrives in the little town where this ambush was supposed to have occurred nearby. She feels the surge of hope, that perhaps, this day, she would be able to find Liriel, but this does not show in her face.

"Thank you, Kal-enth, for your aid in traveling this far so rapidly."
[in Sylvan]
"Thank you, noble owls for being kind enough to bear us this far. I hope it was not too much of a disruption."

[back in common]
"Kal-enth, do you think you could lead us to the site the minotaur described? Hopefully, we can learn something there."

As she is speaking, Aria gently slides down from the owl, and stretches, hoping that her allies were all fine after the long journey.

rweird
2013-07-24, 02:15 PM
OoC:
So we left at like 5:00 in the morning or something (depending on the season)? I thought it was like 11:00 PM when we left, an hour and a half of flight would still leave us much of the night.

Riv stays on his steed. "Thank you for taking us." He says as his steed touches the ground.

Talon15
2013-07-24, 02:21 PM
Hopping off the owl Raxxus stretches for a moment as he looks around at his surroundings. "Finally back on the ground."

He unslings his bow as he waits to be lead to the site.

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

theterran
2013-07-24, 03:11 PM
Flynn unceremoniously falls off the owl face first into the dirt, then begins kissing the ground.

"Blessed, wonderful ground." he mutters between kisses.

After doing this for a few moments, he dusts himself off and looks about.
"Shall we walk for a bit now?" he says grinning, all the while dirt still covers his mouth, and from the flash of a grin, apparently found its way onto his teeth as well.

Archmage1
2013-07-24, 03:14 PM
At Flynn's antics, Aria tries to suppress a laugh, but, alas, she is unable to do so, and muted peals of laughter ring through the clearing.
"Come now, it wasn't that bad, was it? After only an hour of flight, and you are hugging the ground. Now, after a trip on a ship, I might understand, but a flight..."
she shakes her head in disappointment.

greenpotato
2013-07-25, 01:14 AM
Yagda follows the villagers, still disguised as a bird.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-27, 03:33 PM
Team Owl Riders:
Kal'enth rubs the back of his head and looks confused. What description? I was told only to take you to the town. We could search around or something if you want. If not, the towns that way.
He turns to your owls and nods. The owls simultaneously lift off and race into the air and out of view.
Greenpotato
You see for now they are just talking as more are still joining them. You also arrive in time to see a large snake like creature disappear into the forest.

Archmage1
2013-07-27, 03:43 PM
At Kalenth's confusion, Aria smiles up at him, hoping that he would help.
"Well Gauruke said that it happened where..."
She relates what she knows of the battle's location.
", and it would be much eaiser if you could guide us to at least the right area. Can you please take us there, if you recognize it?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-27, 04:08 PM
Kal'enth: Well that doesn't give me a lot on the location now does it. Though maybe I could have some birds do some scouting for goblin corpses? I'll call them now. He whistles.
[roll0] Eagles appear.
[roll1] Ravens appear.

Archmage1
2013-07-27, 04:17 PM
Frowning, Aria continues to observe Kal'enth.
"I know, but it is all that I have. If you can ask the creatures of the wild to help, that will likely make things go much faster."
As the birds come, Aria's eyes go wide with surprise, amazed that the birds come so readily to him.
"Thank you. Hopefully, they will be able to find something."

[roll0] know: nature(can the birds speak a language?)

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-27, 04:25 PM
We will try. And if we cannot we can at least rule out a few areas until tomorrow.

The birds are entirely average. No communication apart from forest gnomes, speak with animals and class features.

Archmage1
2013-07-27, 04:41 PM
"Hopefully, they will find something soon. After all, it is morning now. I would prefer to not waste time, if I can help it. How did you learn to get along with the birds so well?"

Aria seems to be waiting anxiously for the return of the birds, hoping that they would have found something, but in the meanwhile, she seems to be content to talk about things.

Talon15
2013-07-27, 04:46 PM
"How long ago was this event? It may be hard to find any remains or surviving tracks. Goblins may also still be in the area."

Raxxus walks around the clearing, getting a feel for the area as he preps for any dangers.

Casting forest fold:
+10 competence to hide and move silently checks while in this forested area.
Lasts 15 hours.

Archmage1
2013-07-27, 04:52 PM
"5 days ago, sadly. If I had known about it sooner..."
Wringing her hands, Aria's voice trails off.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-27, 04:58 PM
Kal'enth: When I was young I was saved by a gre'ki. I was attacked by a strange beast and he protected me. I vowed to protect all birds as he protected me. of course at my young age that meant building birdhouses and repairing broken wings. But I've built a bond with the birds of these forests. When a man saw my affinity he suggested going to Denther. He owns that hut we saw. I was trained with others to harness small portions of magical energy to allow me to summon, talk to and empower my chosen field of biology, namely avians. Enough about me. What brought you to Varnhall? And what is it you want with these Goblins?

Talon: It feels calm, birds are chirping and a small brown hare is grazing nearby under the shade of a tree but not much else.

Archmage1
2013-07-27, 05:13 PM
"A fine truth, Kal'enth. Thank you for sharing it. I came to Varnhall in hopes of identifying the sigil that those that kidnapped my daughter, as well as murdering my people, left behind. The goblins are the ones that match the sigil."
As Aria describes why she is here, you can get a sense of almost boundless rage, and a desire to protect, almost in opposition.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-28, 01:50 PM
Kal'enth is shocked and remains silent for a short time. Well that is grief news indeed. He sighs. I am sorry for your lose Halfling. May Athena herself guide my birds an yourself in your path. Perhaps we should make our way to the town?.

Talon15
2013-07-28, 02:29 PM
Nodding to Kal'enth and the others he starts to head towards the village. "I'll scout ahead. May find something."

He doesn't wait for an acknowledgement before disappearing into the wilderness.

Hide:
[roll0]
Move silently: (moving at full speed = 70ft a round)
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]
Listen:
[roll3]

Archmage1
2013-07-28, 02:45 PM
"Will the birds know where to find you? I would rather lose as little time as possible, but the townsfolk might well know something."

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-28, 03:03 PM
Birds'll always find me. Lets follow the Gre'ki

Archmage1
2013-07-28, 03:05 PM
"Well, I would, but I can't see him. Perhaps we should just head toward the town, and trust him to follow?"

Aria starts walking towards the tower, looking for signs of the goblin attack, and trusting that the others would follow.

rweird
2013-07-28, 03:09 PM
Rivvek rides along on his phantom steed, keeping a lookout. (still taking 10 on listen on spot for 23 on each).

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-31, 04:17 AM
Kal'enth leads you into the town. Noone is awake and due to the celebration very few people will be for some time. He leads you to a small park in the center of the town and sits down on a bench. He yawns. They'll be back soon, I recomend some sleep.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 07:38 AM
Aria blinks wearily, wanting to continue, but, knowing that the birds would likely be some time, she sighs, and nods.
"All right. But, please, wake me when they get back."
Aria heads over to a tree in the park, and ascends the side, finding a comfortable branch to sleep on, before she does so.

rweird
2013-08-01, 09:48 AM
Rivvek goes to sleep as well, conjuring planks across the tree to sleep on (minor creation).

Talon15
2013-08-01, 12:04 PM
Being his usual quiet self Raxxus picks a tree at random to climb up into and rest.

drack
2013-08-01, 12:10 PM
Meanwhile the high priest continues on through the night, traveling to the first village he finds of notable size.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-01, 03:19 PM
Aria awakes to a raven frantically an excitedly scratching her face and screeching in her ear. Th other sleeping members suffer a similiar rude awakening. Kalenth shouts exictedly: Miss Aria, theyve found two bodies

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 03:24 PM
Suddenly awakened from her dream/nightmare search for Liriel, Aria is surprised that it is a raven. And then she wakes up, and her mind starts working.

"Really! What are we waiting for then? Let's get going."
Aria leaps down from the tree, eagerly hoping to get going quickly.
"Which way? And can you thank them for me? I... I don't think there are words."

Should be fun when 24 hours pass after the game start, when her disguise ends, since she is probably not taking the time to perform a certain binding ritual...

Talon15
2013-08-01, 04:08 PM
"Noisy. Augh I'm awake now." He mutters as he shoos the raven away to make it stop. He drops down from the tree, stretching as he waits for directions.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-02, 01:50 PM
You rush to the site, following the ravens. You suddenly see a blaze of fire. A goblin dressed in dark black robes stands before you. He unsheathes a black katana and rushes at you.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 02:09 PM
Aria, eagerly following the ravens, hoping that there would still be something, anything to help her to find Liriel, pays almost no attention to the surroundings, her only thought on finding her daughter.

As she sees the goblin, she does not think, she acts, seeking revenge for her people, and hoping(at least, in that little corner of her mind that can still think) that her allies might be able to stop her from killing the goblin, and potentially capture it.

Kinda need to know init to know if I can act now, or later.
Alas, Aria's ability to inflict non-lethal damage, or capture is essentially zero.(Well, ok, I could do it, but I would need to wish for it, and that is just no fun)

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 02:19 PM
Aria matches the goblin's charge with one of her own, her sword suddenly dripping with acid as she swings.

[roll0] attack.(my ac is 40, effectively)
Swift: Wraithstrike(so vs touch)(Don't want my first attack to miss)
Standard+move: Arcane channeling a maximized energy substituted combust(level 4)
damage: [roll1] + [roll2] vampiric touch(spellstoring) + 80(acid)
(combust might require a save or catch on fire. AFB at the moment, so I can't check)

drack
2013-08-02, 02:21 PM
Meanwhile the high priest searches for a town large enough to sell large portals.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-02, 02:51 PM
Aria matches the goblin's charge with one of her own, her sword suddenly dripping with acid as she swings.

[roll0] attack.(my ac is 40, effectively)
Swift: Wraithstrike(so vs touch)(Don't want my first attack to miss)
Standard+move: Arcane channeling a maximized energy substituted combust(level 4)
damage: [roll1] + [roll2] vampiric touch(spellstoring) + 80(acid)
(combust might require a save or catch on fire. AFB at the moment, so I can't check)

Unfortunately before your strike even hits, he strikes you twice

1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]

1:Damage [roll2]+[roll3]
2:Damage [roll4]+[roll5]

And make a DC28 Fort save for each attack that hits

But then your blow hits home. He shrieks and cringes.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-02, 03:06 PM
A second later a viper drops from the tree and bites you from behind.
[roll0]

You take [roll1] damage and auto-save.

He then rapidly attacks Aria.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]+[roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13]

And make a DC28 fort for each attack that hits.

And lose 3 7th level spell slots and 1 5th level slot.
Edit: For each hit

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 03:12 PM
As the first blow from the goblin swings in, A shell of light momentarily forms around Aria, deflecting it safely. She is able to dodge or evade every other strike.
(wings of cover, immediate action)

Talon15
2013-08-02, 05:16 PM
Drawing his short sword as he moves Raxxus makes a quick strike at the viper.

tumble to avoid aoo
[roll0]

attack roll with shortsword:
[roll1]

damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

rweird
2013-08-03, 04:12 PM
Rivvek approaches and strikes at the goblin with his fists and claws, seeming to flicker incorporeally.

Swift: Wraithstrike

Full attacking, 5 ft stepping if need be. All touch attacks. Being nonlethal (-4 penalty to hit). If I drop him, I'll continue to attack the viper.

Claw 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Claw 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Bite: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Unarmed Strikes
To hit: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
To hit: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
To hit: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

rweird
2013-08-03, 04:14 PM
Confirming Unarmed Strike critical hit: [roll0]
Extra Damage if confirmed: [roll1]

EDIT: *sigh* Do you know how many times I've seen someone roll a 20 to hit and a 1 to confirm? Probably a dozen times at least.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 04:25 PM
Before you attack, he manage to strike you 12 times.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 04:30 PM
Those that hit do

[roll0]+[roll1]
[roll2]+[roll3]
[roll4]+[roll5]
[roll6]+[roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13]
[roll14]+[roll15]
[roll16]+[roll17]
[roll18]+[roll19]
[roll20]+[roll21]
[roll22]+[roll23]

And a DC28 fort for each hit.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 05:15 PM
After a flurry of blows between Rivvrk and the goblin, the goblin lay unconscious with a huge gash in his stomach and Rivvek was left clutching his side.

Archmage1
2013-08-03, 05:21 PM
Aria, seeing the goblin down, goes to strike again, and pauses, considering, desire to get revenge warring with the desire to make the right choice for Liriel. In the end, Liriel wins, and she turns to face the snake, which would soon be one roasted snake.

Since, well, we have 2 other characters who get to act before she can...

rweird
2013-08-03, 05:25 PM
Rivvek straightened, the wound already beginning to heal. "I've seen worse." He gazes at the snake calmly, as if daring it to try what its master did.

Vigor will bring me to full in 3 minutes 12 seconds, shame about the temporary HP though.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 05:29 PM
Kal'enth whistles and an eagle swoops down and picks up the snake. Now, who the hell is this?

rweird
2013-08-03, 05:35 PM
"That we should find out, though we should take his weapons and restrain him first. Does anyone have rope? I have a few spells that may be able to make it harder for him to escape."

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 05:37 PM
Kal'enth nods, grabs his backpack and takes out a long roll of silk rope.

Archmage1
2013-08-03, 05:38 PM
Aria turns back to the goblin, hatred in her eyes. Frighteningly so. Irrationally so.
"I Don't know. But we are going to find out. Does anyone have magic to make him talk? I can... enhance his vulnerability to such things, if needed. Alternatively, we can use the more mundane methods."

She kicks his sword away from him.

rweird
2013-08-03, 05:47 PM
"I too could weaken him to such a thing, though actually compelling him to speak by magic would require a good deal of effort on my part. Does anyone specialize in this sort of thing?"

EDIT: Searching the body taking 20 for a 32.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-03, 05:52 PM
After searching the body, you find a single wand, two rings and an empty vial. However after this you feel the healing wound burn and you take [roll0] con damage.

Archmage1
2013-08-03, 06:10 PM
Seeing Riv search the body, Aria takes the time to re-fresh the magic in her sword, while waiting for the others to finish considering their options.

Recasting vampiric touch into the spellstoring weapon

rweird
2013-08-04, 10:02 AM
Rivvek mutters Restoration Lesser on himself, purging the poison. His eyes then glow green for a moment and trails of green energy wrap around the items, identifying there magical properties. He then gazes at the goblin, determining his magical abilities.

Heals [roll0] Con damage, will cast second if it heals under 2 points for [roll1].

Su Limited Wish for Reach Chained Identify on the items.

Using Arcane Sight to see the highest level spell it can cast.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-04, 11:24 AM
Rivvek feels his spell failing and he feels the poison continuing to surge through his veins. However h indentures the items as a wand of teleport, a ring if deflection and natural armour[5&5] and a ring of dexterity[6] as well as a consumptive acidic katana

Talon15
2013-08-04, 12:52 PM
Leaving the talking to the others Raxxus searches the immediate area for tracks or anything else that may have survived.

Taking a 20 on a search for a 35

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 10:12 AM
Getting impatient, and satisfied that the goblin was unarmed, Aria carefully considers the goblin, and looks at the monster that had helped to destroy her village.
She has to try, and try hard to not kill it, but she needed to know what it knew, and there was only one sure way to do that.
Wishing with all her heart, she tries to take control of the goblin's mind, hoping that it would work.

Twinned limited wish, one providing -7 to saves, the other casting dominate person, dc 30 will.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 01:26 PM
Sensing that her magic had succeeded, Aria tries to wake up the goblin, meaning to ask it what it knows.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-07, 02:07 PM
The goblin wakes and sits up .

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:13 PM
She looks it in the eyes, and asks, speaking slowly, her magic compelling it to answer. Her own eyes reflect rage, pain, sorrow, loss.
"What have you done with my daughter! A young child, taken from a village far from here."

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-07, 02:33 PM
Which village?

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:37 PM
Aria answers with one word, although, strangely, no one else seems to recognize it.
"Moonfall."

rweird
2013-08-07, 02:39 PM
Rivvek searches his mind for what he knows on Moonfall.

OoC:
I'd have a high enough Int modifier to get untrained knowledge for all skills. I also have +28 on Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Nature) if they'd be any relevance to what Moonfall is. I'd take 10 for 38 on both.

rweird
2013-08-07, 03:04 PM
Later (after Aria finishes her questions, I figure time skipping a bit could help)

"What was your mission?"

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-07, 03:12 PM
Moon fall. One pixie captured. No halfling females captured. My mission was to dispose of the failed goblins.

rweird
2013-08-07, 03:15 PM
Rivvek looks interested at the mention of pixies and opens a book labled 'Monster Manuel'

Pessimism:
Reading the Pixies entry.

Also, what do I know of Moonfall? Anything?

Later

"The goblins that failed at what?"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:19 PM
Aria asks the important question, the critical question:
"Where did they take Liriel! The captured Pixie!"

Talon15
2013-08-07, 03:20 PM
Pixie? So that is what Aria is. Raxxus comments to himself as he continues searching for tracks and clues in the surrounding area.

Knowledge Nature roll for info on pixies: [roll0]

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-07, 03:25 PM
Captured pixie was taken to the secret base in the Capitol Before he can continue one sigil on his shoulder glows blue. He collapses, quite dead.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:28 PM
As the goblin drops dead, Aria is furious, but her voice is soft, quiet.
"No... I was so close..."
Her looks hardens, and her voice is clear.
"At least we have a start. Do any of you know how to get to the goblin Capitol?"

drack
2013-08-07, 03:31 PM
OOC

OK, look like pesim is disinterested with my shopping, so I'll fill those in in a quick PM and jump to the more direct stuff and just PM the shopping to you. I should be on scheduled after everyone else has a night rest.

The High Priest of Verdoh rides the flying serpent back to the small village outside the blockades, landing softly out of town.

rweird
2013-08-07, 03:42 PM
Riv's temper flares, the pixie-halfling was so single-minded, she didn't ask the right questions, any of the useful ones. She was upset, but she let her emotions drive her to do foolish things. "We got practically nowhere. We don't know what they are trying to do, or if Liriel is alive, or what they plan on- or are, doing to her! We can't rush in blind." Rivvek stops suddenly, and takes a few deep breaths, back in control. He inspects the rune on the goblin's shoulder.

Pessimism:
Spellcraft on rune thing o' killin': [roll0]

Also, you never answered what the highest level spell he could cast was from Arcane Sight.

Do we get EXP for this?

Stuff you missed:
Reading the Pixies entry from Monster Manual.

Also, what do I know of Moonfall? Anything?

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:45 PM
As Riv shouts at her, Aria turns around, facing him, her helpless fury in her eyes.
"I will not abandon her. I know where she is, sort of, and that she is alive. The rest... we learn what we can as we travel. Perhaps we will find someone capable of speaking with the dead as we go."

rweird
2013-08-07, 03:50 PM
"You are no use dead. You do not know if she is alive, or still there. We do not know how long this goblin was away, his information could be outdated. I am capable of speaking with the dead, given time to prepare."

OoC:
How should we distribute the loot? I'm thinking sell the katana, I'd like the ring of Dex, Aria gets the ring of Deflection & Natural Armor, we share the wand or sell it (don't know the number of charges, it'd be worth like 30k fully charged).

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:57 PM
Aria looks to him, still furious.
"I cannot die, not until she is safe, and, even then she will need me. She is Alive. I know it. As for the rest, we WILL learn more, and we WILL find her. There is no other option."

rweird
2013-08-07, 04:11 PM
Rivvek looks weary. "Just because you want something does not mean you can make it happen. I know that. Maybe more than anyone else alive. When someone feels like you do, they are reckless, they are prone to rash courses of action, to miss things, and to make mistakes. She may need you, though you need to be prepared. There is a difference between preparation and inaction. If we wait, and gather information, we could come in so much better equipped... Or better yet, be there and gone before anyone knows it. I don't have the right spells to do that just now, though after a time of rest, I could get them."