PDA

View Full Version : Why, hello there! Would you like some tea? (Joke Monster, PEACH)

LOTRfan
2013-06-29, 11:07 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/aea7eb00bc4bd4e14f6cbff5b3ea86dd/tumblr_mp4kj9cgM11s0uep2o1_500.jpg

Tea-rannosaurus Rex
Huge Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 22d10+132 (253 hp)
Initiative: -3
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural), touch 10, flatfooted ---
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/+39
Attack: Bite +30 melee (3d6+13)
Full Attack: Bite +30 melee (3d6+13)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Laser Monocle, Swallow Whole
Special Qualities: After You, Chivalrous Aura, Lowlight Vision, Refreshing Earl Grey, Scent, Spell Resistance 29, Telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +16, Will +11
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 10
Skills: Diplomacy +29, Listen +31, Sense Motive +27
Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Toughness, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Epic Feats: Epic Fortitude
Environment: Warm Plains
Organization: Solitary, or Tea Party (1 plus 4-5 Humanoid guests of 6th level or higher)
Challenge Rating: 14
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Usually Lawful Neutral
Advancement: 22-44 HD (Huge); 45-66 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: -----

The massive creature in front of you looks like an oddly tame, mustached Tyrannosaurus Rex. He doesn’t seem ferocious at all; he is sitting down at a table, adorning a bowler hat and monocle. Before you can react, you can hear a voice in your head; it’s asking if you would like to sit down and have a bit of tea.

After You (Su): Tea-rannosaurs are compelled to fight in a gentlemanly manner. They always give their combatant the opportunity to fight first (taking a -4 penalty to all Initiative rolls), and they can never sneak attack their opponents. Tea-rannosaurs never flank their opponents, and will forgo attacking a flatfooted enemy. As long as they follow these compulsions, a Tea-rannosaur is immune to sneak attack damage and is never considered flatfooted.

Chivalrous Aura (Su): All those who come within 30 ft. of a Tea-rannosaur must make a Will save (DC 26) each round or be affected by the Tea-rannosaur’s aura. All those who fail the saves find themselves simply unable to raise their weapons against the Tea-rannosaur or any other creature within the aura. In addition, those who speak in a rude manner while within the aura must make an additional save or take a -2 morale penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks for the next 24 hours. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a tea-rannosaur must hit an opponent of up to one size category smaller with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple, it grabs a hold and can attempt to swallow the foe the following round.

Laser Monocle (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, a Tea-rannosaurus who is wearing a monocle can focus his ungentlemanly hostility into a single attack. This is a ray attack that has a maximum of 80 ft., and those hit by the ray suffers 6d6 points of fire damage.

Refreshing Earl Grey (Su): As a standard action, a Tea-rannosaurus Rex can fill any cup presented to it with magically created earl grey tea by sticking its claw into the cup. The Tea-rannosaur can determine its temperature, the amount of milk inside (if any) and the amount of sugar used in its creation. This is not standard earl grey; anyone who uses Detect Magic senses that the tea has a moderate aura of Conjuration (Healing). Those who drink the tea are treated as if being affected by a Cure Critical Wounds spell with a caster level of 15th. This is an at-will special ability.

Swallow Whole (Ex): A tea-rannosaurus can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of up to two sizes smaller by making a successful grapple check. The swallowed creature takes 2d8+8 points of bludgeoning damage and 8 points of acid damage per round from the tea-rannosaur’s gizzard. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by using a light slashing or piercing weapon to deal 30 points of damage to the gizzard (AC 13). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out.

A Huge tea-rannosaurus’s gizzard can hold 2 Medium, 8 Small, 32 Tiny, or 128 Diminutive or smaller opponents. Most view the act of eating their guests very distasteful, however.

Skills: Tea-rannosaurs have a +4 bonus on Listen and Diplomacy checks.

Bhu
2013-06-29, 02:44 PM
God bless you :smallcool:

Fates
2013-06-29, 02:45 PM
Is it possible to win one's own thread? If so, you just did.

Debihuman
2013-06-29, 03:12 PM
The most gallant of opponents: Tea-Rex. Love it, love it, love it!

Debby

Deathkeeper
2013-06-29, 03:22 PM
This is beautiful, although it looks like you neglected to put the telepathy mentioned int the description in his stats.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-29, 03:27 PM
Unless there are special circumstances, no entry is needed. It's the same with Swallow Whole or Scent. As long as it's stated to exist, as it does under Special Qualities, there's no need to make mention of it again.

This is an awesome monster though, certainly useable in a Dreamscape.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-29, 03:47 PM
Unless there are special circumstances, no entry is needed. It's the same with Swallow Whole or Scent. As long as it's stated to exist, as it does under Special Qualities, there's no need to make mention of it again.

This is an awesome monster though, certainly useable in a Dreamscape.

Ack, missed that.
And yes, that was precisely my thought as well.

LOTRfan
2013-06-29, 04:12 PM
Thank you very much, and I'm glad you liked it. :smallbiggrin:

I actually started writing out fluff about how they're from a very specific Dreamscape, but then I changed my mind halfway through because I think it's cooler without an origin.

And I actually did forget to include a description of one of its special abilities; the Swallow Whole ability, though it's mostly taken directly from the Tyrannosaur entry. In addition, I made minor changes in the wording to some of the other abilities.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-29, 04:21 PM
Thank you very much, and I'm glad you liked it. :smallbiggrin:

I actually started writing out fluff about how they're from a very specific Dreamscape, but then I changed my mind halfway through because I think it's cooler without an origin.

And I actually did forget to include a description of one of its special abilities; the Swallow Whole ability, though it's mostly taken directly from the Tyrannosaur entry. In addition, I made minor changes in the wording to some of the other abilities.

You could always put up a description of your 'scapes separately.

AuraTwilight
2013-06-29, 04:41 PM
I second the interest in your dreamscape ideas. I'm a sucker for dreamworlds.

Stake A Vamp
2013-06-30, 10:08 PM
Love it (I have a fondness for earl grey tea!) one thing I feel there should be an ability called let us settle this like gentlemen

Otomodachi
2013-06-30, 10:26 PM
I do feel that swallow whole could be seen as a bit of a bad fit for a creature with such impeccable manners, what what.

sirpercival
2013-07-01, 08:17 PM
I do feel that swallow whole could be seen as a bit of a bad fit for a creature with such impeccable manners, what what.

relevant (http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF112-Mr._Rex.jpg)