PDA

View Full Version : Colors

PaucaTerrorem
2013-06-29, 12:52 PM
I figured out that blue is sarcasm, but what about the other colors I see?

Flickerdart
2013-06-29, 12:53 PM
I figured out that blue is sarcasm, but what about the other colors I see?
Other colours are not standardized; refer to the poster's signature for more details about their non-standards-compliant colour use.

Well, that's not quite true. Red came before blue, first used exclusively by moderators and then as a joke to make people think that some sort of grand conspiracy is being covered up.

137beth
2013-06-29, 01:09 PM
Usually I see grey is nitpicking...
EDIT: And here I thought it was going to be a question about the sorcerer/wizard spell Color Spray:tongue:

Karnith
2013-06-29, 01:15 PM
As I recall GiTP user Tuggyne's signature contains a guide to the color schemes that many posters use: blue for sarcasm and gray for nitpicking are relatively common. The use of dark orchid to indicate insane DMing emerged from a habit of another user, Trekkin, when describing his misadventures with "Chief Circle," (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275152) and has seen occasional use elsewhere.

Other than those, there isn't much standard color usage.

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-29, 01:39 PM
You will know the colors when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Playgrounder uses blue for sarcasm and irony, never in seriousness.”

The color of Yoda, Green is.

Spuddles
2013-06-29, 08:31 PM
As I recall GiTP user Tuggyne's signature contains a guide to the color schemes that many posters use: blue for sarcasm and gray for nitpicking are relatively common. The use of dark orchid to indicate insane DMing emerged from a habit of another user, Trekkin, when describing his misadventures with "Chief Circle," (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275152) and has seen occasional use elsewhere.

Other than those, there isn't much standard color usage.

ALL OF MY wut

eggynack
2013-06-29, 08:34 PM
On the occasional night, when the moon shines its brightest, and ninjas lurk, I have been known to use purple to grant control of my words to the almighty force of drama.

Raven777
2013-06-29, 08:40 PM
Blue is sarcasm.
Purple is crazy.
Green is sincere.
Gray is nitpicking.
Red is-

PaucaTerrorem
2013-06-29, 11:36 PM
Sweetness.