PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie?

Rebecca-47
2013-06-29, 03:06 PM
Hello!

So, I've never played Pathfinder before, or anything else of the sort. I'm a complete beginner! My brother is trying his hand at being a GM after playing in a friend's campaign for a while, but he's never actually made a character on his own, since his was made in a hurry at a high level with much help from his GM. We're having some trouble making a level 1 sorcerer, for me.
I was wondering if you guys could help me make a practice character for our practice Pathfinder game. :) So far, here's what I have...using the core rulebook:
Level 1
Sorcerer, destined. NG, Human ♀
str:10 dex:10 con:14 int:14 wis:12 cha:18 (may switch dex with int or wis)

How do those stats look?:smallconfused:

skills:intimidate, knowledge arcana, use magic device...so I get two more, you say? Really?
cantrips: dancing lights, detect magic, ray of frost, message
level 1 spells: Mage armor, magic missle (I really wanted shocking grasp, but my dex is rather low...)
as far as feats go, I'm rather confused as to what's good and what's not, and there are so many to choose from. :smallfrown: I automatically get eschew materials, but other than that, I'm not sure what my best choices are, as a level 1. I have two slots open.

I'd love it if anyone could help me along in the creation of this sorceress, or maybe explain what's important to have and such when you're first starting out, or what I should go to next. :smallsmile:
Thank you!

JohnStone
2013-06-29, 03:14 PM
I am not an expert by any means but i think you need the spellcraft skill. as a human you get one more skill point to use.

toughness is a good feat for starters but im sure there are better.

personally i like color spray, or grease as spells go.

Jormengand
2013-06-29, 03:26 PM
I generally don't think there are many useful feats for a spellcaster of first level. Improved Initiative and Toughness are what I usually go for. You should have two more skill points (one for human, and one for your intelligence) but spellcraft is not actually necessary. Always, always put ranks in perception. Remember your favoured class bonus, too.

Your spells seem to be fine, although I'd suggest Light, Spark and Arcane Mark as good cantrips.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-29, 04:33 PM
Looks pretty much good. Personally, I'd take Sleep (then swap it out at the first opportunity) instead of Mage Armor, and also move some points from Strength into Dex.

I'd also recommend an Armored Kilt, because it's basically a free point of AC, which matters at level one.

False Focus is a good feat to take out those costly material components.

Rebecca-47
2013-06-29, 05:40 PM
I generally don't think there are many useful feats for a spellcaster of first level. Improved Initiative and Toughness are what I usually go for. You should have two more skill points (one for human, and one for your intelligence) but spellcraft is not actually necessary. Always, always put ranks in perception. Remember your favoured class bonus, too.

Your spells seem to be fine, although I'd suggest Light, Spark and Arcane Mark as good cantrips.
I thought light seemd like a less-useful version of dancing lights, and I may be the only spellcaster in my party, so I figured something that could help more people would be better. :/ I was considering narcane mark, but will i need it at level one? I can get more cantrips later, right?
I can't seem to find "spark" under level zero spells. :o

I don't quite understand the whole "favoured class bonus" either... :smallredface:

Eldariel
2013-06-29, 05:52 PM
1) You have 18 Charisma (get as much as you can). You should strongly consider "save or X" spells like Daze (Level 0) and Color Spray/Sleep (Level 1).

Magic Missile gets better when you get more levels and thus more Missiles but at first it does very little damage. Usually you want enemy-disabling spells on low levels and then when you gain levels, use your low level slots for Magic Missile-style effects later on.

2) It's up to you whether you want Mage Armor or an offensive spell. If you have other people you're adventuring with, you should be able to hide behind them and be a relatively hard target to reach making Mage Armor less necessary. This would allow you to get a second offensive spells to use against enemies you can't use Color Spray/Sleep against (Undead, for example, are immune to both).

Grease is a good general purpose utility (escaping Grapple for example) and offense (make enemy's weapon slippery causing them to drop it or make ground under them slippery making them fall over and become an easy target for your allied warriors). If you pick Grease now, you can pick Mage Armor on level 3 when you learn a new spell.

2) You definitely want Dexterity over Intelligence. Wisdom, Intelligence and Strength are all fairly low importance but Dexterity controls your Initiative in combat and gives you a bonus to Reflex-saves and Armor Class; it's up there with Constitution as your priority stats.

Whether you want higher Intelligence (for skill points, Knowledge-skills and Spellcraft) or Wisdom (Will-saves, Perception & such) is up to you.

3) Favored Class bonus means every level you take in a class that you chose as your favored class, you can get a small bonus: +1 HP for the level, 1 more skill point or other race/class specific bonuses. Either 1 HP or 1 skill point is always a nice thing to have for a Sorcerer, so go with one of those.

4) Feats...Improved Initiative is always useful. Metamagic feats like Extend Spell or Empower Spell are useful when you get higher level spell slots but that's not for a while yet. Spell Penetration is situationally useful against Magic Resistant enemies (Drow, Demons, etc.) though you might not face those too often yet. Some Bloodline-related feats are pretty good.

5) Even as a Sorceress, don't forget to carry a ranged weapon. A simple Light Crossbow is a good option; you should have some Dexterity to help hit with it and it's something you can do when you don't want to burn a spell slot or when you have no spells left (beyond Cantrips which aren't always all that useful in combat).

BWR
2013-06-29, 05:59 PM
Favored class: every character chooses one base class (one that has levels 1 through 20) as their favored class. Whenever that character takes a level in the favored class they gain either 1 hp (in addition to HD and Constitution bonus) or 1 skill point (in addition to class ranks + Intelligence bonus).

There are some nifty other uses for the favored class bonus introduced in Advance Player's Guide but this is the basic. The extra that you might be interested in is using your favored class bonus to learn a new spell (strictly speaking a far more powerful ability than an extra hp or skill point).

The thing about Light (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/light.html#_light)is that it lasts 10 minutes/level, unlike Dancing Lights (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/dancingLights.html#_dancing-lights), which lasts 1 minute.
So you get more light with DL, but L is far more useful for actual exploration.

Skill points: class gives you 2, Intelligence modifier gives you 2, human gives you 1, so you should have a total of 5 skill points, 6 if you wish to use your favored class bonus on this.

As a sorcerer, you get very few spells known, so Arcane Mark is probably not going to be very useful. If the spell just seems fun, take it, but the chances are you will not get much use for it.
Here's the spell Spark (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/spells/spark.html#_spark-)

Sparkzlight
2013-06-29, 06:05 PM
Initiative + toughness.

I'd recommend at least a +2 in DEX, a +1 in CON, a +4 in CHA. WIS isn't so important at lower levels if your a sorcerer. INT is good for skills, basically.

Rebecca-47
2013-06-29, 06:39 PM
Initiative + toughness.

I'd recommend at least a +2 in DEX, a +1 in CON, a +4 in CHA. WIS isn't so important at lower levels if your a sorcerer. INT is good for skills, basically.

I assume you're talking about my ability modifier, right? I thought constitution was more important than dexterity! Thanks for the help, everyone. Although I'm getting some conflicting opinions...^^"

Sparkzlight
2013-06-29, 06:56 PM
I assume you're talking about my ability modifier, right? I thought constitution was more important than dexterity! Thanks for the help, everyone. Although I'm getting some conflicting opinions...^^"

You won't have high armor, so you need DEX. Toughness (feat) replaces the need for a high constitution.

Eldariel
2013-06-29, 07:47 PM
Toughness (feat) replaces the need for a high constitution.

No, it really doesn't. It helps but you still want every bit of Constitution you can get, both for Fortitude-saves (the most dangerous naturally low save for you) and HP (you can never have too many and Toughness is only +1 per level). Basically, there's no reason to try to replace High Con when more is better.

@Rebecca: Honestly, both Dexterity and Constitution are of high importance early on. Constitution is a bit more important on low levels while Dexterity giving you Initiative is more powerful on higher levels but for a caster who cannot really wear armor, you definitely want Dexterity for AC (vs. ranged attacks in particular), To Hit with Ranged Touch/Ranged Attacks, Reflex-saves, certain skills (Acrobatics is a fairly useful one for instance) & Initiative.

On the other hand, a character with low base HP and poor Fortitude saves really wants Constitution for HP and saves (this isn't the whole story; everyone wants Constitution since frontliners tend to take more damage and thus want more HP, and there's no such thing as "too much HP" with how much damage can happen later on). So, don't choose; pick both!

Rebecca-47
2013-06-29, 09:04 PM
Alright! I think I'm strting to get it.
It seems a recurring and very important theme here is that I boost my dexterity...since I rolled for these, I guess I'll just switch it to another stat. (my str was actually 8+2 for being a human, since my brother advised against anything lower than 10--I may change this).
Will saves seem really important, so I think i'd like to get protection from Chaos to help me out...and higher wisdom than intellignece, maybe?

Toughness also seems rather important, eh? And improved initiative? I guess I'll nix magic missle for now, since it's not all that useful at level 1. :smallsmile:

A ranged weapon...hm. I was actually hoping originally to create a magus with a halberd, but might I be able to use one with a sorceress?

Palanan
2013-06-29, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Eldariel
Grease is a good general purpose utility [spell].... If you pick Grease now, you can pick Mage Armor on level 3 when you learn a new spell.

I would strongly second Grease as a great spell for first level. Unlike many first-level spells, it continues to be useful for quite a while in your character's career. (Speaking from happy experience here.)

Improved Initiative is always great, but Toughness tends not to help much past first level. (Speaking from less-than-happy experience on this one.) If your sorceress is just for a one-shot game, Toughness should be fine; but if you're hoping for a long career ahead of her, something that's useful for another few levels would be better.

Also, Magic Missile may seem a little underwhelming at first level...but it's auto-hit, which means you can deal damage from 100 feet away. Some days, this is handy.

:smalltongue:

Eldariel
2013-06-29, 10:56 PM
Alright! I think I'm strting to get it.
It seems a recurring and very important theme here is that I boost my dexterity...since I rolled for these, I guess I'll just switch it to another stat. (my str was actually 8+2 for being a human, since my brother advised against anything lower than 10--I may change this).
Will saves seem really important, so I think i'd like to get protection from Chaos to help me out...and higher wisdom than intellignece, maybe?

8 Strength is not a huge problem for a Sorcerer. It means you can't really do melee fighting and you have to be a bit careful with your carrying capacity, but since you don't use armor anyways that's one huge weight off your shoulders, and you're a Sorcerer, you shouldn't probably be in the melee anyways.

Protection from Chaos (I'd prefer Evil in most campaigns) is a good spell to pick up later. Basically, early you only have 1st Level spells so you need them for combat. Later on you'll have higher level spells for combat so you can afford to change your 1st Level spells into utility spells (like Protection from Alignment) and well-scaling reliable spells (like Magic Missile). Early on though you should stick to things that have a large impact in combat.

Your Will-saves are relatively good to start with since you're a Sorcerer, you'll have good save progression so it should be among your lesser worries. As such, Protection shouldn't be that necessary early anyways. Looking at your stats I'd definitely do the following:
8 Strength
14 Dexterity
14 Constitution
10/12 Intelligence
10/12 Wisdom
20 Charisma

20 Charisma gives you a second bonus spell on the 1st level which can help you quite a bit in not running out of juice. It also makes your save-offering spells (Color Spray, Grease, Daze, Charm Person, etc.) harder to save against.

Dexterity and Constitution are secondary; the benefits of being quick and able to take some hits are obvious. either Intelligence or Wisdom is fine. Pick that yourself; do you prefer skills (Sorcerers are kinda short on skill points and have a good skill list) or saves. Also, would you see this character as more the book smart (Intelligence) or experience-smart (Wisdom) type?

Toughness also seems rather important, eh? And improved initiative? I guess I'll nix magic missle for now, since it's not all that useful at level 1. :smallsmile:

Pathfinder-version of Toughness can be useful. It's not necessary but if you have nothing else of dire need to pick, it has the potential to save you.

Spell Focus is another feat worth considering especially if you're looking to enter any prestige classes (e.g. Loremaster) later. If you plan on focusing a school of spells anyways, it can be really useful.

And yeah, Magic Missile is something you can pick up later by replacing one of your old spells; that's something Sorceresses can do at certain levels.

A ranged weapon...hm. I was actually hoping originally to create a magus with a halberd, but might I be able to use one with a sorceress?

Halberd is a melee weapon. It has reach but it's still for melee combat; you don't want to be that close to enemies and melee weapons require Strength to use efficiently anyways.

In short, while you can carry a Halberd, the Sorcerer class is not proficient in it (this translates into -4 to attack rolls) and your stats don't work very well with one. If you want to do melee combat you really should have at least decent Strength.

Generally, you want a ranged weapon; the most common options are either Crossbows or Longbows. Human Sorcerer is not normally proficient in Longbows so generally you'll pick up a simple Crossbow to shoot when you're not interested in casting spells (though of course, with Cantrips you can cast something much of the time).

It's of course important to note that there's no "one right way" to do this; the game would be awfully boring if there were, after all. Just the general idea "carry a mundane weapon you are decent at using" is usually smart.

However, I'm suggesting Crossbow since Sorcerer-class is only proficient in Simple Weapons (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons) and you'll have poor Strength but decent Dexterity (and fairly low Armor Class and HP) & you'll want to keep your distance. You want some kind of a ranged weapon and Light Crossbow tends to be the best Simple ranged weapon.

Barsoom
2013-06-30, 01:22 AM
Hello!
Level 1
Sorcerer, destined. NG, Human ♀
str:10 dex:10 con:14 int:14 wis:12 cha:18 (may switch dex with int or wis)

How do those stats look?:smallconfused:
I'd rather have Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 18. Charisma being most important, and Dex/Con facilitating survival. Everything else is nice-to-have, but not necessary. You can honestly get by with mediocre Str/Int/Wis.

level 1 spells: Mage armor, magic missle (I really wanted shocking grasp, but my dex is rather low...)
Your selection of spells could have been better. What you have made, in effect, is a [very weak] Fighter. Your one and only defensive spell is worse than the armor a fighter wears, and your one and only offensive spell deals less damage than the sword he wields. Now, if you had 10 spells known, you could take those two, as backup, just in case. But you have only two spells, and wasting both on emulating a weak fighter, is not what you want.

What you want is to embrace the main strength of the spellcasting classes - the ability to do something special, the ability to fell several enemies at once, to control the battlefield. Spells like Sleep, Grease, Color Spray are your friends. Remember, you're not adventuring on your own, you're part of a group. It's okay to be weak, even helpless in toe-to-toe melee, because you have other party members to protect you. Let the fighters fight, while you do your thing and control the battlefield.

Rebecca-47
2013-06-30, 11:26 AM
Alright, so it looks like I'll be adjusting my abilities and spells...I really don't want my str to be lower than 10, so how about this...
10,14, 14, 10, 12, 18?
And as for spells, a lot of you are suggesting Grease... I honestly thought it sounded like a really useless spell, but I guess not! Maybe for cantrips I'll go with...
light instead of Dancing lights, ray of frost (no objections?), message, and detect magic. Good?
lv 1: grease (maybe), colour spray? or should I go for something damaging like burning hands or shocking grasp?
I really don't know how the future will play out or how long my campaign will be, so I'd like to make as few risks as possible. ^^" I'm a newbie, so i don't know how to handle risks.

Eldariel
2013-06-30, 12:59 PM
Alright, so it looks like I'll be adjusting my abilities and spells...I really don't want my str to be lower than 10, so how about this...
10,14, 14, 10, 12, 18?
And as for spells, a lot of you are suggesting Grease... I honestly thought it sounded like a really useless spell, but I guess not! Maybe for cantrips I'll go with...
light instead of Dancing lights, ray of frost (no objections?), message, and detect magic. Good?

I strongly suggest picking up Daze. Compared to dealing 1d3 damage, being able to disable someone for one turn is quite useful especially against strong individual opponents. It's very good for a cantrip. I'd take it over e.g. Ray of Frost, Message or Dancing Lights; all useful spells but Daze is amazing (early on; it can't affect tough targets nor non-humanoids so on higher levels it's useless and you can trade it out).

lv 1: grease (maybe), colour spray? or should I go for something damaging like burning hands or shocking grasp?
I really don't know how the future will play out or how long my campaign will be, so I'd like to make as few risks as possible. ^^" I'm a newbie, so i don't know how to handle risks.

You don't really want a damage spell this early. They just don't do that much damage. They do 1d6*level usually (Magic Missile is an exception; does a bit less but autohit); when a Light Crossbow does 1d8 on level 1, they're just not that much better.

When you get some level, spell damage scales and they become more useful but early on the control spells that can completely take an enemy or multiple enemies out of fight are much more useful (Grease makes it hard for them to fight back; prone enemies have massive AC and To Hit penalties and obviously, making enemy drop a weapon is very useful).

Juhn
2013-06-30, 03:21 PM
A lot of the strength of classes like Sorceror and Wizard come after realizing spells that seem useless at first (like grease, web, sleep, color spray, etc) are actually great, and a lot of the spells that seem great at first (basically anything focusing around dealing hp damage) really aren't that good.

Basically the idea is to render the enemy ineffective, rather than wound him. Wounding him and bringing his hp down to 0 is why you have a party. An enemy who's slipping and falling over every round or asleep can't hurt you or your friends, whereas an enemy who's taken HP damage is just as effective at 1 HP as he is at full HP.

Waker
2013-06-30, 03:35 PM
What Bloodline were you considering for your character? For your feats I would suggest Improved Initiative and Expanded Arcana (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/expanded-arcana). You can never have too many spells.

Rebecca-47
2013-07-02, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure how useful this information is, but some of you asked about my party. What i know so far is that I'll be travelling with a dwarf Barbarian who uses mainly touch attacks (he basically crushes them to death), and a half-elf ranger.
Does this help? :smallsmile: I'm really grateful for all of this advice! I'll try to help you help me. :p

Eldariel
2013-07-02, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure how useful this information is, but some of you asked about my party. What i know so far is that I'll be travelling with a dwarf Barbarian who uses mainly touch attacks (he basically crushes them to death), and a half-elf ranger.
Does this help? :smallsmile: I'm really grateful for all of this advice! I'll try to help you help me. :p

So a Dwarf Barbarian Grappler and Half-Elf Ranger, presumably Archer. Okay, yeah, it should go okay. You don't really need that much far as damage spells go here since both of those are damage dealers. Stunning and making enemies fall over and such can be quite useful on the other hand.

Put ranks into the skill "Use Magic Device"; with this line-up you might need to use some magic items for curing certain status ailments or such. The Ranger can use "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" (your party should try to get one as soon as possible for out of combat healing; they're 750gp a pop) as it's on the Ranger spell list (yes, it can be used before he learns to actually cast spells) but for more severe ailments like level drain or ability damage, you need things not on the Ranger spell list (Restoration-type effects) and for that your Use Magic Device will be invaluable.

You probably also want skill ranks in Spellcraft, Knowledge: Arcana and maybe consider Perception or such. My first 3 picks would be Spellcraft, Knowledge: Arcana and Use Magic Device tho.

Rebecca-47
2013-07-03, 05:28 PM
I've gathered som more information...as far as I know, I'm the only spellcaster in our campaign so far. Here are my re-vamped stats.
str:10 (8+2 bonus)
dex: 14
con: 14
int: 12
wis: 10
cha:18
Bloodline: destined
skills: diplomacy, knowledge arcana, perception (but with low wisdom I don't get any bonus), spellcraft, and use magic device. I put my preferred class into gaining a fifth skill.
cantrips: light, message, daze, detect magic. Good?
level 1 spells: grease, colour spray.
I'm not sure if having both colour spray and daze is necessary...what do you think?
feats: eschew materials, improved initiative, and as for my last one, either toughness or Extra cantrips OR expanded arcana...but I'm not really tied to any of them if there's something better I could go with for my situation. :/
How's this?

Jormengand
2013-07-03, 05:55 PM
str:10 (8+2 bonus)

No. Always apply the bonus to your highest stat, because you'll have extra points left over (like 5 more) which you can spend on more stats. So you could have:

str:10
con: 16
cha:18 (16+2)

Rather than:

str:10 (8+2)

Or you could bump your wisdom up to 14, if you wanted. Just as an example.

Eldariel
2013-07-03, 06:06 PM
Yeah, having both Color Spray and Daze is worthwhile. Color Spray is basically a potential fight-ender; it's great to use when you have a number of enemies.

However, on first level you don't have that many 1st level spell slots. Only 4 counting the bonus spell from high ability score. If your Charisma were 20, you would get the second bonus spell so you'd have 5; as it stands we're looking at 4 spells total. This means you can't be casting Color Spray on every lone Goblin you encounter.

Also, you probably don't want to cast more than one 1st level spell per encounter unless things look really bad; you won't have any left if you get ambushed in the evening or whatever then. Daze is something you can cast infinitely. If you only meet a lone opponent, Daze is a great way to contribute and buy time for your team to kill him without using your valuable spell slots.

If your Color Spray hits couple of enemies but there's still one guy standing, Daze is likewise a superb way to conserve your resources. Note that if they make their save, you can try again next turn. There's no cost to casting Daze (though a successfully Dazed target can't be dazed again in within a minute), so it gives you something to do. Rest of the time you can be firing your crossbow or dancing lights or whatever.

Oh, and a word on Grease: Use it against enemies that are immune to Color Spray (enemies without visual organs, mindless enemies and such; Knowledge-checks can be used to determine enemy weaknesses) and, if applicable, against enemies with good Will-saves. Most of those are spellcasters against whom it's not that useful (except if they're trying to escape; Grease under them puts a stop to that in a hurry) but then you have things such as Mage Knights (Magus-class for example) and Outsiders who fight and still have good Will-saves but poor Reflex-saves.

Greasing their weapon to make them drop it and unable to pick it up (fighting without weapon is obviously very hard) or using Grease under them to make them fall over and give your own warriors a huge combat advantage (prone people have -4 to AC vs. melee and -4 to attacks, and it provokes an attack of opportunity to stand up).

Overall, your character looks good. Everything should work out okay with that. Pick up Mage Armor when you level up and get a new spell known and start switching out your early offensive spells when you get level 2 spell slots (character level 4). Then you can also get rid of Daze, as your level 2 slots will multiply the number of combat spells you have available each day.

You could also skip Perception if you feel other people in the party will cover you there, and pick another social skill like Bluff or Intimidate too. Do this if you're the primary party talker (with your Charisma you're well-suited for this). Bluff in particular is very, very useful at times (well, I mean, you can imagine how often you want to lie and have people believe you; you can enhance this with magic of course, with things like Charm Person and Alter Self later on).

No. Always apply the bonus to your highest stat, because you'll have extra points left over (like 5 more) which you can spend on more stats. So you could have:

Rather than:

These are rolled stats, I believe.

Rebecca-47
2013-07-03, 06:15 PM

Rather than:

Thing is, I rolled for these stats. Also, GM says nothing can be 20 from the start. :/ I would rather have nothing below 10. I dunno.

Eldariel
2013-07-03, 06:21 PM
Thing is, I rolled for these stats. Also, GM says nothing can be 20 from the start. :/ I would rather have nothing below 10. I dunno.

Normally you can't buy/roll over 18, but racial bonuses can put you over the limit (+2 putting you to 20). I guess your GM is free to change such, of course. Sorcerer (and most spellcaster classes) are the greatest benefactors of this, as they get so many things from the casting stat:
- Bonus spell slots
- Spell saving throw difficulty class
- Concentration-check bonus (used for e.g. casting a spell while an enemy with a weapon is next to you without giving them a free attack, or if someone disrupts your spellcasting by damaging you during it)
- Various miscellaneous things related to some spells themselves

That's why it's always recommended to have your casting stat as high as possible. However, you'll be fine with 18 too, so it's not a biggie either way.

Namfuak
2013-07-03, 06:48 PM

Assuming you aren't planning on doing a melee-focused spellcaster, strength really does nothing for you. -1 is still enough to carry a handy haversack or bag of holding (or you can just spend 5g on a mule), and other than carrying capacity your personal low strength will probably never hinder the party (and even if it does, that's why you have spells). If you aren't allowed to put the +2 into your charisma, I'd probably recommend putting it in constitution, intelligence, or wisdom, depending on whether you want more health, skill points, or higher will saves, respectively.

Juhn
2013-07-03, 08:48 PM
As much as it feels kind of crappy to roll a die and then have your actual result be less than the number the die is showing (and that's a feeling that's hard to shake for a new roleplayer), having Strength 8 really isn't going to hurt you from a mechanical perspective.

Just be prepared to wince when you roll Strength checks, I guess (ideally, try to avoid having to roll Strength checks at all).

Jormengand
2013-07-04, 11:16 AM

Oh, fair enough. But as others have said, you don't need strength.