PDA

View Full Version : Help me make my Synthesist into Edward+Alphose from FMA

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-29, 03:55 PM
OK to start of I'll say that this is gonna be alot of flavour based stuff but I don't want to completely drop the concept of optimization..IOW flavour isn't fun if your dead or a waste to the party. So say about 50/50 focus.Note: I'm not against stretching or "fanficing" a few things in favor of optimization or just coolness.

I started this build out as a normal summoner and stumbled onto synthesist which sounded cool but I was going to skip past it until I had a picture of Alphonse show up during a search for "Armored Knights" (I was going to make a quadreped + 2 legs + 2 arms + x nat armor+ martial weapon Lance to reflect a knight riding a dragon) and just got this wonderfulyl crazy idea where ALphonse would be my summon and I would make Edward the "summoner" but than I thought it would be really cool if Alphonse and Edward were to merge somehow so I jumped back to synthesist.

Anyways that explained let's get down to business I'd like to cram as much FMA jokes/lore into this as possible. (Note: I'd like to focus on the earlier half of the Anime where its fairly light-hearted with lots of fun jokes,etc. not the dark turn in the latter half)

Oh and I'm open to multi-classing but preferably limited to light dips and only if it adds something to the flavour or to optimization.

Ok This is what i have so far...I can't finish it cause I have to go to work but feel free to make suggestions in the mean time...I'm going to try to be very open for this build.

FMA - Synthesist Summoner Alphonse+ Edward Build

Race: Quarterling (custom race abilities focus on small size and boosting Cha and some Int...making fun of Edwards Small Size/Napoleon Complex..also an exuse to finally make my "Quarterling" race)

Eidolon: Alphonse, heavy armor look focus on Str/Con, make as large as possible, mostly Slam attacks possibly breath weapon because its funny

Summoner Symbol: The Flamel

Stats: Cha -> Int -> Wis

Possible Skills: UMD, Spellcraft, Linguistics,Intimidate,Bluff, Appraise, Stealth,Diplomacy, various knowledges (using traits to add class skills)
Traits: ???

Possible Feats: SF: Conj, SF: UMD, SF: Stealth, Augment Summoning, Toughness, Improved Ini, Expanded Arcana, Additional Traits, Combat Reflexes, Improved Natural Attack, IC: Natural, Eldritch Claws, Lunge, Toughness, Resilient Eidolon

Spells: Focus on buffs mostly

Drachasor
2013-06-29, 04:27 PM
Why a synthesist?

Gildedragon
2013-06-29, 04:54 PM
So the guy transforms between ed and al?
Cause that seems... Odd

What I'd go for is Int => Cha >> Wis for Ed. Al strikes me more as a Wis => Int > Cha a flatter point buy than Ed

Leadership and a construct cohort or awakened animated object (permanency-ed) or awakened construct

Race, within SRD limits: dwarf, or short side of human.

Summoner works as a class, if oddly. Wizard (transmuter banning Illusion and Enchantment) with a focus on evocation, conjuration (creation), and all but banning necro and illusion would work. If 3.5 material is allowed: Geometer 1+ PrC and/or runesmith. Eidetic spellcaster to do away with the spellbook, getting scribe scroll as a feat at 1 or 3, uncanny forethought (you have virtual spell mastery by eidetic spellcaster) and you have a mostly spontaneous fella who casts by drawing symbols on stuff.

Possibly have Al as an improved familiar?

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-29, 09:16 PM
Why a synthesist?

So Edward can "wear" Alphonse, I know it doesn't make sense within the context of the show I just thought it was a cool idea since Alphonse is basically a possessed set of armor

So the guy transforms between ed and al?
Cause that seems... Odd

No no Edward would "wear" Alphonse, I know it doesn't make sense within the context of the show I just thought it was a cool idea since Alphonse is basically a possessed set of armor

What I'd go for is Int => Cha >> Wis for Ed. Al strikes me more as a Wis => Int > Cha a flatter point buy than Ed

Well Cha would be the highest since Summoners require that to function but yeah I'll get Int as high as possible to suit Edward...as for Alphonse he would be all Physical Stats since the way Synthesist works the "Summoner" provides any mental stats and the "Armor" provides any physical stats

Leadership and a construct cohort or awakened animated object (permanency-ed) or awakened construct

Leadership has unfortunately been banned since our group is already fairly large having cohorts would cramp the board too much...also it's one of the reasons I'm going Synthesist instead of base Summoner the DM might get a little antsy about me having "Two turns, he's new so I'm trying to keep things simple for him

Race, within SRD limits: dwarf, or short side of human.

The idea is to accentuate his shortness by making him a small race like Halfling or Gnome but the group wanted me to make the Quarterling race I keep making jokes about in my campaign so this is a good time to do so...as a player. DM has already approved...not sure how many RP I'm gonna get...prob like 10-15.

Summoner works as a class, if oddly. Wizard (transmuter banning Illusion and Enchantment) with a focus on evocation, conjuration (creation), and all but banning necro and illusion would work. If 3.5 material is allowed: Geometer 1+ PrC and/or runesmith. Eidetic spellcaster to do away with the spellbook, getting scribe scroll as a feat at 1 or 3, uncanny forethought (you have virtual spell mastery by eidetic spellcaster) and you have a mostly spontaneous fella who casts by drawing symbols on stuff.

Unfortunately we can only use PF stuff as the DM is fairly new and wants to keep it simple for his first campaign. I actually prefer Summoner to Wizard for this build because...

FMA PLOT SPOILER...it focuses on Conjuration which is essentially what "Alchemy" is in FMA...you take stuff from one world and bring into your own

Possibly have Al as an improved familiar?

Well I could do that as a regular summoner have him as an "Eidolon" but I really like the idea of an alternative universe in which Alphonse is wearable...just want to try it especially because it allows me to have a little creative license with their characters since it's an "Alt Universe" instead of just straight up copying them.

Anyways I just got home from work so I'm gonna start fleshing out the build a bit more. I'll likely post an update just before I hit the hay or tomorrow morning

Waker
2013-06-29, 10:02 PM
Ok, I've got a suggestion. Try looking at the Arcane Savant (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/pathfinder-savant) PrC. It does a good job of mimicking a spellcaster with a more scientific approach to things, giving you big bonuses on dealing with magical items and theory, which fits in well with Edward's deep understanding of Alchemy. Furthermore you can add spells known to your Summoner spell list from any classes list, which is a huge bonus for nabbing spells.
Try and wheedle your DM into allowing Boon Companion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion) to work on your Eidolon. Doing that would allow you to take levels in other classes without slowing down Alphonse's progression too much.

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-29, 10:44 PM
Hmmm...interesting Dip -> Oracle 1 -> Nature Mystery -> Whispers of the Land: Cha to AC instead of Dex. I don't think the class would suit Edward or Alphonse though.

Oh one thing I'm thinking about it having this be much later than than the show and have Edward be really old to the point where he pretty much needs to be fused to Alphonse to survive. (remember this Al & Ed never made it to the "dark" part of the anime)

Also an interesting feat is Dimensional assault which uses dimension door (synthesist as an SLA at lvl 6 1/day +1/3 per summoner level) to allow you to "charge" with a teleport.

Arcane Savant & Boon Companion

Damn even just two levels of that makes UMD, Spellcraft & Knowledge Arcaner 10x more awesome, grants me extra spells...either more Summoner spells or ANY SPELL (one level higher) the possibilities of those 2 things alone are epic and for pre-reqs I'll have anyways (except the item creation feat but 1 feat can't hurt) than with boon companion I have room for another dip class or two.

The only thing my sysnthesist would miss out on is Summon Monster 9 and Gate but really summons are only back-ups since I can't summon them when I'm usiong my Eidolon

Ignominia
2013-06-29, 10:57 PM
You know, I just stumbled upon FMA recently (loved it) and the entire time I kept picturing Ed as a straight Artificer and Al as a warforged Artificer/Monk. I thought it would be cool to play Ed myself and have another (FMA fan) player to play Al.

Waker
2013-06-29, 11:09 PM
Damn even just two levels of that makes UMD, Spellcraft & Knowledge Arcaner 10x more awesome, grants me extra spells...either more Summoner spells or ANY SPELL (one level higher) the possibilities of those 2 things alone are epic and for pre-reqs I'll have anyways (except the item creation feat but 1 feat can't hurt) than with boon companion I have room for another dip class or two.

The only thing my sysnthesist would miss out on is Summon Monster 9 and Gate but really summons are only back-ups since I can't summon them when I'm usiong my Eidolon
Getting to take a 10 on three skills and small bonuses isn't anything to shake a stick at. The rest of the party would be hard-pressed to demonstrate a greater mastery of magic theory. For the Item Creation feat, I would suggest Craft Arms and Armor or Wonderous Item.
Losing out on Summon Monster 9 and Gate is something of a loss, but most games don't tend to run that long so you might not actually have that to worry about.

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-29, 11:09 PM
You know, I just stumbled upon FMA recently (loved it) and the entire time I kept picturing Ed as a straight Artificer and Al as a warforged Artificer/Monk. I thought it would be cool to play Ed myself and have another (FMA fan) player to play Al.

I have yet to convince anyone to do so (they all have their own ideas of course) and I've always viewed FMA Alchemy as Conjuration so summoner suits me just fine and while not as good as having another player be Alphonse him being a Super Summon (Eidolon) works for me...besides no Artificers in PF and unfortunately "Alchemist" my 1st attempt at making Edward is nothing like FMA Alchemy...good for making "The Hulk" oddly enough...also good for a "Mad Scientist" or "Demo Expert" types.

Getting to take a 10 on three skills and small bonuses isn't anything to shake a stick at. The rest of the party would be hard-pressed to demonstrate a greater mastery of magic theory. For the Item Creation feat, I would suggest Craft Arms and Armor or Wonderous Item.
Losing out on Summon Monster 9 and Gate is something of a loss, but most games don't tend to run that long so you might not actually have that to worry about.

Yeah especially since you can't summon monsters whilst your Eidolon is present so their even less useful...Now the question is how many levels and when to take them...Definitely at least 2 levels of AS...not to excited about the other levels unless I can find a really good spell from another class that is worth losing out on possible dips (thinking Synth 16 [+ Boon companion for Lvl 20 eidolon] Arcane Save 2-4..than weigh possible single lvl dips vs. Lvl 3 and 4 of AS...or vs. Synth18/AS2)

As for when to start taking these dips I'd say at least 6 Levels of Summoner to start to allow for access to the D-Door SLA....if only because it would be super fun to punch someone whilst charging through a portal.

Speaking of dipping I'd love some suggestions on that...the only useful dip that I've found so far is Oracle 1...which doesn't fit the flavour of the build so despite being awesome (Cha to AC instead of Dex which an Eidolons is pretty low compared to their Str/Con) I'm already stretching the flavour of FMA a bit to make this work I don't want to break it completely.

Oh another one could be Monk 1 since your considered unarmored when fused with your eidolon...with a decent Wisdom (which can be fit since your dumping your 3 physical stats) Stunning fist could be quite useful to apply to a claw attack as well as flurry of blows...not sure how the 1D6 unarmed damage would function though. Oh and if I read it right Monks use both Wis and Dex for AC....The Monk level would actually fit quite well since Alphonse is an effective unarmed fighter....oh oh actually if I took the Monk of the Four Winds Archetype I could get "Elemental Fist" instead of Stunning fist allowing me to add 1D6 elemental damage to any unarmed attack(acid, cold, electricity, or fire...1/Day + 1 per 4 lvls)...which for an Eidolon using natural attack should be all of them? mixing Alphonse Unarmed combat prowess with Edwards Magical abilities.

Oh and of course 2 Paladin for the MASSIVE save boost but it doesn't fit AT ALL so thats out.

Sidenote: Looking through create a race this is perfect

Paragon (1 RP)

Modifiers: Members of this race gain a +4 bonus to a single ability score, and a –2 penalty to either all physical or all mental ability scores. If the bonus is to a single physical ability score, the penalties apply to all mental ability scores, and vice versa.

+4 Cha, -2 Str/Dex/Con...may as well be +4 Cha for 1 RP.

Now if only I could figure out a way to give Edward Point ears so I could pick up Immune to sleep (sleep is very dangerous to a Synth since it breaks the bond with the Eidolon although resilient Eidolon can really help with that)

Oh should I be taking the TWF line of feats? since I'll be doing multiple attacks...actually how does that work I'm really confused how the multi attacks thing works.

Gildedragon
2013-06-30, 01:30 AM
Thing is, while Ed is highly grounded in his convictions; indicating a high charisma; FMA alchemy is a taught discipline, an intellectual one that is furthered by research and practice, this Int dependent. Ed's capacity for it is the result of a high capacity for understanding and retention... plus a story feat granting a +godknowshowmuch insight bonus to caster level.

Conj (creation) seems in line with FMA; but Transmutation (as a complete school) is overall more fitting: fabricate, transmute rock <--> mud, flesh to salt, sand to glass.

Anyway for suit of living armor: why not have a mage that can cast in armor and have an animated suit of armor they can wear?

Immunity to sleep isn't particularly fitting. Ed falls asleep a lot.

He seems to be a one-handed weapon type fella. I'd recommend a morphing gauntlet, but that's 3.5. So a Magus blade?

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-30, 02:03 AM
Thing is, while Ed is highly grounded in his convictions; indicating a high charisma; FMA alchemy is a taught discipline, an intellectual one that is furthered by research and practice, this Int dependent. Ed's capacity for it is the result of a high capacity for understanding and retention... plus a story feat granting a +godknowshowmuch insight bonus to caster level.

Which is why I like that I can have my INt AND Cha high with Synthesist...unfortunately I don't think the DM will allow the Edward feat of +Fifty Bjillion to CL :P

Conj (creation) seems in line with FMA; but Transmutation (as a complete school) is overall more fitting: fabricate, transmute rock <--> mud, flesh to salt, sand to glass.

Hmmm...never thought of that side to be fair Summoner does have quite a few transmutation spells I have a look through tommorow and be sure I can include several of those along with Conj Spells.

Anyway for suit of living armor: why not have a mage that can cast in armor and have an animated suit of armor they can wear?

Could work but is a bit of a PITA to get that to work...I'll look into it though...see how an Eldritch Knight rolls up.

Immunity to sleep isn't particularly fitting. Ed falls asleep a lot.

Heh that was mostly a joke as being immune to sleep negates a huge weakness of the Synthesist (eidolon goes bye bye if summoner is put to sleep) but it's not that big of a deal since a Summoner (especially a Synth) has a massive will save...speaking of which any chance PF has a feat similar to "Force of Personality" (Will saves use Cha instead of wisdom which I think fits Edward quite well)

He seems to be a one-handed weapon type fella. I'd recommend a morphing gauntlet, but that's 3.5. So a Magus blade?

He would actually be a weird mix of the alchemist's throw anything feat and bombs, the Bladebound Magus (see his summoned blade thing), summoned creatures (namely elementals which can account for alot of his combat alchemy abilities), a gunslinger (he uses various cannons and guns), Monk (he does fight unarmed alot) unfortunately the build would be spread way to thin stat wise not to mention become a build type i loathe (like 7/1/1/2/1/2/1/2..etc.) this is basically the reason I opted to use Alphonse as my primary form of combat where-as Edward is providing support with healing, buffs and various other spellcasting duties.

Waker
2013-06-30, 02:40 AM
You probably don't want to dip in too many classes. I suppose you could dip into Ninja to give him some acrobatic abilities while still retaining the Charisma focus.
You might also consider taking Expanded Arcana to learn some new spells. Eldritch Heritage could let you nab a weird power, although I'm having trouble thinking of which Bloodline would fit.

marcielle
2013-06-30, 08:24 AM
Alchemy would focus more on spells like Stone wall, spike pit, grease, maybe some barkskin and shield.
A wand of mirror image would emulate one of Ed's funniest tricks.
You probably won't be using your swift actions most of the time so Arcane Strike could give you a little oomph.
Spiked gauntlets would make it so you don't need to Monk to fight unarmed, also eliminating the need for a high Wis. A punching dagger actually resembles Ed's automail>knife.
Maybe attacks a switchblade to a gauntlet with a blade boot for good measure?
Just throwing around random ideas at this point.:P

Shame this wasn't 3.5. Ardent Tashalatora monk would probably have done nicely for Ed, especially with the build your own power list ACF.

Drachasor
2013-06-30, 08:38 AM
It is very weird to have Al appearing out of nowhere and only being able to appear around Ed. Al is never an independent entity with a Synthesist.

I think a Magus might actually be the best fit. You'd need to take Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Arms and Armor, and Craft Construct though. Maybe use an archetype (like soulforger).

A Summoner is a very odd fit, honestly, since summoning creatures is not something Alchemists do. They're more about transmutation than anything else.

A Synthesist fits a Gundam Pilot more than Al and Ed, imho.

It's too bad there's nothing that's a great fit. Wizards are too weak physically. If this was 3.5, I'd say starting with a Battle Sorcerer would be a good idea. Hmm, too bad Arcane Heirophants can't have a Construct as a companion familiar.

marcielle
2013-06-30, 08:44 AM
Well, if you want to explain it:
Al's whole consciousness is within a small rune so when Ed 'summons' him, he's really quick assembling him from a pile of armor. And since Al is kinda unwieldly, simply pocketing the rune and disassembling the armor wouldn't be that farfetched. He just sits around doing nothing but brood at night anyway.
Doing anything to the rest of the armor doesn't really seems to bother people like Al except for the whole, not able to move thing. It didn't appear painful or traumatic in any way so long as the rune is safe.

Finally, while Ed looks strong compared to a normal human, he isn't that strong when you compare him to other adventurer level entities. His teacher, the Colonel, Major Armstrong, Scar, etc. Unlike most anime heroes who can power through indiscriminately, he seems to have to trick or set up stuff pretty often.
So while you can give him a lot of options like unarmed combat and one handed, he doesn't necessarily need to be good at them, just have them as something to do when he runs outta spells or something.

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-30, 12:11 PM
You probably don't want to dip in too many classes. I suppose you could dip into Ninja to give him some acrobatic abilities while still retaining the Charisma focus.
You might also consider taking Expanded Arcana to learn some new spells. Eldritch Heritage could let you nab a weird power, although I'm having trouble thinking of which Bloodline would fit.

Oh I don't want to dip too much maybe a lvl or 2and I definately plan to take expanded arcana. If your refering to my 7/1/2/12/1/1/1/1/1 paragraph earlier I was explaining why I don't just make ED...his primary combat style would require so much multi-classing it would never be effective AL on the other hand is mostly just an unnarmed fighter so having AL be the basher and Ed be the support makes for a much smoother build

Alchemy would focus more on spells like Stone wall, spike pit, grease, maybe some barkskin and shield.
A wand of mirror image would emulate one of Ed's funniest tricks.
You probably won't be using your swift actions most of the time so Arcane Strike could give you a little oomph.

Except the Alchemist class is more of a "Mad Bomber" or "Hulk" class and doesn't fit Edward at all...a Mix of Transmutation, Summoning Spells (namely elementals) and other Conjuration spells is the closest facsimile I've found

Spiked gauntlets would make it so you don't need to Monk to fight unarmed, also eliminating the need for a high Wis. A punching dagger actually resembles Ed's automail>knife.

Eidolons don't have weapon proficiencies they fight either unarmed or with natural weapons like claws, tails, stingers, etc. but I want to keep Al kinda normal looking (Char-op would have him with 4 legs , 8 arms,etc.) so giving him a single lvl of Monk should help to make up for that deficiency than I focus on evolutions that make him larger increase his stats, boost skills, etc.

Maybe attacks a switchblade to a gauntlet with a blade boot for good measure?

Hmmm...now that's an idea...do those weapons exist within PF?

It is very weird to have Al appearing out of nowhere and only being able to appear around Ed.

From what I recall Al is quite resilient in that he can be disassembled without any pain or trauma as long as his symbol remains intact so as a group were just refluffing the "summoning" as just magically assembling Al...in this case around Edward.

Actually I was originally looking for an old 3.5 homebrew class called Ultimate Gadgeteer which would fit much better (making the construct Al) but I couldn't find it anywhere (I did find a few but it was never complete enough to actually play it) and a few people suggested Synthesist as a similar class that could be refluffed a bit to work.

Al is never an independent entity with a Synthesist.

Yes and no..a little refluffing makes it so for roleplaying Al can walk around separate if he wishes and mechanically at Lvl 16 Edward and Al can split into two entities.

I think a Magus might actually be the best fit. You'd need to take Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Arms and Armor, and Craft Construct though. Maybe use an archetype (like soulforger).

Its one of the classes I was considering but I'm already playing a Magus in a different campaign and I want to try a different class so I quickly removed it from my list of possible builds.

A Summoner is a very odd fit, honestly, since summoning creatures is not something Alchemists do. They're more about transmutation than anything else.

I'd say Trans/Conj (which are most of a summoners spells) and actually summoning elementals can mimic a fair portion of Edwards abilities. The main issue is the actual class "Alchemist" doesn't fit Ed AT ALL. Actually none of the classes in PF fit Al or Ed...Systh just happened to be the closest imo

A Synthesist fits a Gundam Pilot more than Al and Ed, imho.

Depending on how you fluff it...some say your in a mech suit, others say you and the creature merge into one entity, I say Edward is just chilling inside of Al or you could even roleplay it as Al standing in front of Edward allowing him to cast spells, etc. and by Lvl 16 they can mechanically fight separately...I'll admit a normal summoner would like fit the flavour better but I really like the concept of synthesist.

I'm actually debating making Edward really old and having AL somehow be his life support system since IIRC Al is essentially Immortal which really suits the Eidolon since it essentially can't die even when its defeated it just has to rest for a bit before it comes back. A quick refluffing saying when not merged Alphonse wanders around separately and boom no more issue.

It's too bad there's nothing that's a great fit. W

Yeah none of the classes really fit...the main issue is creating ED or Al is that no one class really covers their wide array of abilities (Monk/Empyreal Sorcerer is a possibility but Ed is very much a Cha or Int character imo) not to mention Ed and AL are both inherently have a issue with MAD since they have HIGH Int, Str, Con, Dex and Cha...than probably an ok Wisdom which is one of the big reasons I decided on Synthesist, ONLY Synthesists have the ability to have these all high since they get naturally scaling Str,Dex & Con scores and you only have to worry about mental scores so I'll focus and Cha/Int and than have an ok Wisdom.

Well, if you want to explain it:
Al's whole consciousness is within a small rune so when Ed 'summons' him, he's really quick assembling him from a pile of armor. And since Al is kinda unwieldy, simply pocketing the rune and disassembling the armor wouldn't be that farfetched. He just sits around doing nothing but brood at night anyway.

Doing anything to the rest of the armor doesn't really seems to bother people like Al except for the whole, not able to move thing. It didn't appear painful or traumatic in any way so long as the rune is safe.

This and using a little DnD magic Als body could easily me stored in a bag of holding or similar than "summoning" is actually just magically assembling Al either by himself (can be done at Lvl 16 but still shares his boni with Edward) or around Edward.

Blind_Prophet
2013-06-30, 04:15 PM
Well I've stared a Mockup of my current plans its not finished but the main framework is done so I figured I'd show what I've got so far...next I will be doing the Quarterling custom race so will post that soon.

Any suggestions of feat selection,etc. would be greatly appreciated...also does anyone know how the multiple attacks things work...do i just get to attack that many times or is there a trick to it?

Oh and here's the big one...thanks to Esoteric magic I can add ANY 2 spells to my spells known from ANY class (up to Spell Lvl 5).

FMA - Synthesist Summoner Alphonse+ Edward Build

Class: Synth16/Arcane Savant3/Four Winds Monk1
Race: Quarterling (WIP)

Stats @ Lvl 1 (Synth+Eidolon)

Str 16
Dex 12
Con 13
Int 2nd Highest
Wis 3rd Highest
Cha Highest

AC: ???

Traits: Magical Knack, Two-World Magic (Prestidigitation)

Likely Skills: UMD, Spellcraft, Fly, Linguistics, Know (Arcana), Know (Engineering), if I can fit it probably more knowledges

Level Order: Synth 1, Monk 2, Synth 3- 8, Savant 9 - 11, Synth 12 - 20

1 Toughness, Fused Link,Summon Monster 1, Fused Eidolon, Cantrips, Lvl 1 Spells
2 Dodge or Deflect Arrows, Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike, Elemental Fist
3 Improved Natural Attack
4 Stat up, Summon Monster 2 SLA
5 Eldirtch Claws, Melded Shield, Lvl 2 Spells
6 Summon Monster 3 SLA
7 Magical Aptitude, Maker's Jump
8 Stat up, Summon Monster 4 SLA, Lvl 3 Spells
9 Boon Companion, Adept Activation, Master Scholar
10 Esoteric Magic, Glyph Finding
11 Improved Initiative, Esoteric Magis, Scroll Master
12 Stat up, 4th Level Spells
13 SF: Conj, Summon Monster 5 SLA
14 Aspect
15 Augment Summoning, 5th Lvl Spells, Summon Monster 6 SLA
16 Stat up, Greater Melded Shield
17 Lunge, Summon Monster 7 SLA
18 6th Level Spells
19 IC: Natural, Summon Monster 8 SLA
20 Stat up, Split Form

Note: Item creation ferats are banned thus the DM removed the item creation requirement from Arcane Savant replaced it with Know (Engineering)

Eidolon Progression

1 Evo Pool 3, Dark Vision, Link, Share Spells , Max Attack 3
2 Evo Pool 4, Evasion, +2 AC, +1 Str/Dex,
3 Evo Pool 5
4 Evo Pool 7, Max Attacks 4,
5 Evo Pool 8 +1 Str/Dex, +2 AC, Stat up
6 Evo Pool 9,Devotion
7 Evo Pool 10, +1 Str/Dex, +2 AC
8 Evo Pool 11
9 Evo Pool 13, Max Attack 5, Multiattack
10 Evo Pool 14, +2 AC, +1Str/Dex, Stat up
11 Evo Pool 15
12 Evo Pool 16, +2 AC, +1 Str/Dex
13 Evo Pool 17
14 Evo Pool 19, Improved Evasion, Max Attack 6
15 Evo Pool 20, +2 AC, +1 Str/Dex, Stat u[
16 Evo Pool 21
17 Evo Pool 22, +2 AC, +1 Str/Dex
18 Evo Pool 23
19 Evo Pool 25, Max Attack 7
20 Evo Pool 26, +2 AC, +1 Str/Dex

Build : Biped, Fists (Slam), 2 Arms, 2 Legs
Evolutions (@Lvl 1): Skilled (UMD), Reach, Improved Nat Armor

Blind_Prophet
2013-07-01, 01:47 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm working on fleshing out the Synthesist build more as well as looking into an Eldritch Knight or Magus build to play as just Edward.

Oh also I finished the Quarterling the fluff only really applies to the race in general (he'll likely be working the race into his world so the fluff is mostly written by him) anyways here it is

Quarterling Race (11 RP)

Racial type: Humanoid (Halfling, Gnome)
Size: Small (the Majority of this race is 1ft. 9in - 2ft. 4 inches)
Speed: 20ft (-1 RP: Representing really short legs)
Racial Stat Bonus: +4 Cha, -4 Str, -2Dex/Con (1RP, includes weakness)
Languages: Standard (0 RP) Common, Racial, Int Mod launguages

Racial Bonuses
Weakness (-2 RP): -2 Str
Focused Study (4 RP): Bonus Skill Focus Feat at 1st, 8th and 16th Level
Skill Bonus (2 RP): +2 UMD
Skill Bonus (2 RP): +1 Spellcraft/Knowledge: Arcana
Hatred (1 RP): +1 Attack Rolls vs. creatures of Size Large or above
Lucky (4RP): +2 to Saves

Fluff: Quaterlings are the result of a Gnome and Halfling union for some unknown reason this result in the genes that make Gnomes and halflings so short to be supercharged thus the name "Quarterling"

Quarterlings get along quite well with almost all small and medium creatures but garner a seething hate for anything larger since they tend to ignore or don't even notice Quarterlings.

Due to their small stature Quaterlings prefer to stay indoors where they feel safer and spend alot of time studying...most commonly studying how to make themselves bigger...due to this Martial careers such as a soldier or Mercenary is highly unlikely but due to their parentage (Gnome & Halfling) most Quarterlings have both Wanderlust and a love for Machines, Magic or both, Especially since they can be used to counteract their tiny size in various ways (ie. Enlarge Person spell, Making mech suits, charm/dominated that big dumb ogre...blasting anyone who laughs at them)

Gildedragon
2013-07-01, 01:57 PM
That's Tiny, not Small

Blind_Prophet
2013-07-01, 02:10 PM
That's Tiny, not Small

What's the shortest Small can be?

Gildedragon
2013-07-01, 02:42 PM
~ 2 feet
Though your height range goes slightly above that, the average height is well below that.

Blind_Prophet
2013-07-01, 02:55 PM
~ 2 feet
Though your height range goes slightly above that, the average height is well below that.

Thanks I increas the lowest height to 1ft 9in...is that close enough?