PDA

View Full Version : (PF) variant channelling ...disease

JohnStone
2013-06-29, 04:53 PM
could the case be made for Calistria to have this variant.

makes sense to me, i could tell you a story but...

GilesTheCleric
2013-06-29, 07:24 PM
I assume you mean cleric channeling, from PF? Personally, I don't think it fits her, since her portfolio is lust, trickery, and revenge. Disease doesn't really fit into any of those very cleanly.

Also, what would 'channeling disease' do? A 30' radius of infection? As far as I'm aware, diseases are either injury, contact, or ingested. A burst of divine energy doesn't seem like it would deliver on any of those counts.

JohnStone
2013-06-29, 08:28 PM
pathfinder has something called variant channelling for clerics. basically its a large list of effects you can add to your burst of channelled energy. but you can only pick one at the start of your career and it has to fit your diety.

disease would cause everyone to become sickened, cool.

I thought it might fit, as clerics of Calistria are known to be temple "ladies" if you will.

GilesTheCleric
2013-06-30, 03:02 AM
IRL in places where prostitution is legal, there are a goodly number of legal requirements, including those related to health/hygiene. In-game, these are clerics, so it is very easy for them to remove disease. Thus, having STDs doesn't make much sense, no matter what the faith (they would have to willingly choose to not remove the infections). Besides, you don't get many customers if you're a known disease vector.

Edit: if 3.5 is allowed, there are a number of ways to gain diseases or their effects - eg. the pestilence domain grants immunity to disease, but the ability to carry infectious diseases. The fluff isn't STDs, but that's fluff.

My apologies for not having anything PF-specific. Thank you for changing the title, though.

JohnStone
2013-06-30, 04:49 AM
OK well as a neutral diety i could take a feat to channel both positive and negative energies. mixed with disease variant, means i both heal and cause disease. healing disease would basically be my mission as a travelling female cleric of Calistria. so then i just hold onto the little buggers till i need them.

Of course this is a GM decision, i originally thought it would just be a quick and humorous post that would get some interesting replies, while still answering my question.

i suppose while we are here we could ask about the poison variant as well, referring to the whole Bee obsession the clerics seem to have.

GilesTheCleric
2013-06-30, 04:59 AM
I'm afraid you've lost me at this point. I don't know anything about PF, so I don't think I'll be of much help. My apologies.