PDA

View Full Version : good +1 LA templates

Blackhawk748
2013-06-29, 07:37 PM
ok i need a good template for a Dromite Ranger, who is going archery style, he worships Vecna if that helps

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-06-29, 07:43 PM
Tier System for Templates (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7044)

For a +1 LA, the first choice should be White Dragonspawn from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, though I hear a later book officially said it should be a +3 LA if you're not enslaved to the dragon that gave it to you. That gives wings, +7 natural armor, a few +2 ability scores, a weak breath attack, and Sorcerer 1 spellcasting which you can use for utility like Nerveskitter and Benign Transposition.

Dark Creature in Tome of Magic is an obvious choice, especially for this character.

Dumbledore lives
2013-06-29, 07:44 PM
It's more fluff than anything else but God Blooded (Vecna) from Monster Manual V is a very cool thing that makes it basically impossible to track you for any period of time.

The Viscount
2013-06-29, 07:56 PM
You're better off using up Vecna Blooded, as the stuff that remains for 0L LA is all the good stuff. By the numbers, I'd say Draconic is pretty high up there.

Seffbasilisk
2013-06-30, 06:11 AM
For sheer stats: Lloth-touched.
For those who wanted to be the Thing: Mineral Warrior.
Shapechanging: Mulhorandi Divine Minion.