PDA

View Full Version : Glitterwisp creature idea (3.5)

LordErebus12
2013-06-30, 02:55 AM
Glitterwisp
A slow moving cloud of golden particles appears at the end of the corridor, a orb of white light moving freely within the cloud of glittering dust, as if it were swimming within the glitter. As it nears your location, it's orb winks out, as if it was a trick of light reflected off of the surrounding cloud.

Figured something like a will o' wisp submerged within a glitterdust effect. figuring maybe 15 Hit Dice. Not sure if it should be an elemental, magical beast, outsider, etc. I think it should have swarm traits of some variety, although im not sure on what this creature might end up like. Figured someone might have some ideas. Figured that maybe its "eye" could be vulnerable, but its outer cloud is like a swarm.

Abilities:

Glitterdust Cloud (Sp): Those caught within the cloud are covered in the glitter, which lasts for an extended period of time. Those caught within can become blinded by the intense light surrounding them, while being visibly outlined, revealing anything invisible that enters the area. Those who get caught within cannot remove the sparkle until it fades.

Any creature covered by the dust takes a -40 penalty on Hide checks and must succeed a will save or become blinded for as long as they are within the Glitterdust Cloud and for 15 rounds after leaving the cloud.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): Glitterwisps are immune to all spells and spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance, except magic missile and maze.

Natural Invisibility (Ex): Glitterwisps have the ability to extinguish their natural glow within their central orb as a move action, effectively becoming invisible, as per the spell. This does not affect or suppress the surrounding cloud of glitter, merely rendering its "eye" invisible.

Wisdom Drain (Su): Ranged touch attack, those who fail a will save suffer 1d4 wisdom damage.

Debihuman
2013-06-30, 05:05 AM
Interesting but it needs to be fully fleshed out before I can really judge it. I suggest you start a stat block and at least begin to fill it in.

I'm not quite sure why magic missile and maze would affect the glitterwisp creature since swarms are immune to those spells.

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

Another option would be to make a Template that could be added to other creatures, it may not need to be an inherited template.

Debby