PDA

View Full Version : all divine thuerge?

blelliot
2013-06-30, 07:35 AM
Upon reading a post about optimization of an arcane heirophant, I started to wonder, is there a prs that advances both cleric and druid spells/abilities? I know they are both dvine, but it just seems like a cool idea.

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-30, 10:42 AM
There is no dual-divine casting PrC that I am aware of. If you just want to be able to cast spells from both the Cleric and Druid spell lists, play an Archivist. If you want the larger number of spells per day you will have to either do a divine/arcane caster, arcane-prepared/arcane-spontaneous caster, caster/manifester, caster/invocation-user, or something like that.

enderlord99
2013-06-30, 10:49 AM
Well, if you just want the flavor of a druid, you could go Cleric/Anagakok/Mystic Theurge...

Mechanically, though? You'd need homebrew.

Uncle Pine
2013-06-30, 12:30 PM
A clever combination of the Southern Magician (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Southern_Magician) feat and the Alternative Source Spell (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Alternative_Source_Spell) feat would let you enter in an arcane/divine theurge class with only cleric and druid levels: Alternative Source Spell lets you prepare any divine spell as an arcane spell at CL -1 (and vice versa). Although, to qualify for the feat you need to be able to cast both divine and arcane spells. This is what Southern Magician is there for: it lets you cast a divine spell as an arcane spell (and vice versa) 1 day/two spellcaster levels.
Actually, Southern Magician could be enough, but one could argue that since "the actual source of the spell's power doesn't change" you don't qualify for classes like the Mystic Theurge, even if you only really need to be able to cast 2nd-level divine spells and 2nd-level arcane spells.

Now that you succesfully entered in an arcane/divine theurge class with only cleric and druid levels, note that since an "arcane spellcasting class" is a class that casts arcane spells, you can advance both cleric and druid spellcasting each level.

Profit!

blelliot
2013-06-30, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the help! Looks like ill need to homebrew a prc that increases the ws and turning abilities of the two classes