PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ian?

SympathyBot
2013-06-30, 10:53 AM
Sorry if this has been talked about.

BUT we are getting to the end of this part of the story and I can't imagine Ian doesn't show up at some point. So does anybody have any theories as to what role he could play?

DeadMG
2013-06-30, 11:23 AM
A hostage for Tarquin is a common theory. Whilst I agree that he will likely recur, I think it's not likely that he will show up here unless Tarquin has him as a hostage. The confrontation around the Gate is for characters with the power and motivation to try and take it, and Ian hasn't been shown to be in either of those two categories.

Copperdragon
2013-06-30, 11:24 AM
That Ian is not following Geoff's advice indicates he might not end up as hostage (again).

Tragak
2013-06-30, 11:43 AM
But what about the theory that Geoff was the one ratting out Ian's escape plans to the guards?

theinsulabot
2013-06-30, 12:00 PM
That's what he was referring to. By not following geoff's advise he reduces geoff's ability to set him up for recapture

Newwby
2013-06-30, 12:54 PM
I think that as things continue to ramp up we'll reach a point which will leave most of the party incapacitated or at risk of a TPK, then Ian/Geoff will provide some form of rescue or extraction and the party will recuperate at Ivy's or wherever the pair have gone now.

Perhaps they've even headed north to the elves or even dwarf lands?

Xelbiuj
2013-06-30, 01:25 PM
I think he's busy being almost totally irrelevant to the main plot.

David Argall
2013-06-30, 03:20 PM
He is heading back home and is not likely to seriously appear in the story again.