PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 1st level ranger spell

Yogibear41
2013-06-30, 04:19 PM
Are their any 1st level ranger spells that give a bonus on craft checks? Specifically for craft: alchemy

CaladanMoonblad
2013-06-30, 08:34 PM
the only craft bonus spell that comes to my mind is from Magic of Faerun; Wieldskill (Cleric 1 (Gond)), which adds a +10 bonus to a specific skill, or can grant a feat (like armor or weapon proficiency) for 1 min per level.

You might want to leaf through the Spell Compendium.

NevinPL
2013-07-01, 09:44 AM
You might want to leaf through the Spell Compendium.
Hide, Climb, Spot, Search, Tracking, Balance, Jump, Tumble, even Intimidate, but I don't see Craft, probably because it's not a Ranger "thing".
You can always invest into some items\potions with Fox’s Cunning.
There's a 1st level Bard spell (Improvisation) that grants you a "pool" of bonus points, you can use to improve skill checks, and other things. So if you somehow manage to obtain it, that probably would be the best solution.

Diarmuid
2013-07-01, 10:12 AM
Again, not a Ranger spell but Divine Insight gives a bonus of 5+CL a skill check of your choice in the next CL hours.

Sceluvia
2013-07-01, 10:40 AM
Are their any 1st level ranger spells that give a bonus on craft checks? Specifically for craft: alchemy

As far as i know there is no spell for rangers which grants a bonus to craft.
But you could alter the spell from the wizard list "crafter's fortune" (pathfinder spell), which grants a +5 to craft checks. And then ask your DM for approval.

HalfQuart
2013-07-01, 09:38 PM
I don't think so. Here's all I came up with for low level stuff:

Bigby's Helpful Hand; Sorcerer/Wizard 1; PHB2 - +2 Craft
Magecraft; Magewright 1 or Sorc/Wiz 1; ECS - +5 Craft
Unseen Crafter; Bard 2, Cleric 2, Magewright 2, Sorc/Wiz 2; RoE - +(casting stat mod) Craft
Adept Spirt; Cleric 2, Sorc/Wiz 3; MoI - +2 Insight bonus to Int-based skills
Benediction; Cleric 2, Paladin 2; CC - reroll and skill check
Divine Insight; Cleric 2, Paladin 2; SpC - 5+CL to any skill check
Focusing Chant; Bard 1; SpC - +1 circumstance bonus to skill checks
Fox's Cunning; Various 2; PHB - +4 enhancement bonus to Int and thus +2 to Craft skill checks
Guidance; Various non-Ranger level 0; PHB - +1 competence bonus on a skill check
Immediate Assistance; Bard 1; CM - grant a reroll on a skill check
Insight of Good Fortune; Bard 2, Cleric 2, Sorc/Wiz 2; PHB2 - roll twice and take the better
Share Talents; Various, including Ranger 2; PHB2 - +2 on skill checks, plus share trained skills

But no Ranger 1.