PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for specific enemies

drakoonity
2013-06-30, 04:56 PM
Ok so I'm trying to think of things to target specific characters, the ones I need ideas for are clerics and bards. The other players in our group I already know what I'm goin to do to them, for the barbarian who likes to charge/leap attack and use that stupid travelers devotion I'm goin to put halt on him, and for a ranged scout I'll put on basically ranged resistance to where he can't hit me for up to 100 damage. But now I'm just rambling so for now I would like to ask everyone here, for ideas to handle clerics and bards thanks for any help given :smallsmile:

kreenlover
2013-06-30, 07:03 PM
for dealing with bards?
mindless
immune mind affecting
deaf, blind, and dumb (give the sucker blindsight though) (removes diplomacy/bluffing)

Cleric?
anti-magic field?
there was a class from manual of the planes that got supreme anti-divine stuff. got divine spell immunity as capstone I believe
lots of AoOs
separate the party, so no touch spells on his part.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-06-30, 08:27 PM
For a Bard, anything with Silence will completely shut down all of his class features. Just use a Whisper Gnome with the feats Extra Silence and Silencing Strike, all from Races of Stone. He can put the area version of Silence on himself and stand near the bard, he doesn't get a saving throw. Give him levels in something like Spellthief and he can hit him with a Silencing Strike to shut him down regardless of were he is.

For the Cleric, probably some sort of counterspelling/dispelling arcane caster. There's a spell called Arcane Turmoil in CM that should be perfect, and there are tons of ways to counterspell. A quick google search came up with this guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871214/Dispelling_38;_Counterspelling_Compilation). I'd make the opponent open up with dispels and debuffs, then focus on counterspelling. It really depends on what level the characters are, though.

NevinPL
2013-07-01, 09:23 AM
Cleric
Divine Interdiction - spell that disables targets turn\rebuke and domains, so do DMM. But, there's a "but" - it's a 2nd level spell that allows SR and Saving Throw.
Some monsters "like" divine characters\energies, or are immune to it.

Bard
As the others said - anything that silences him + something to keep him from dodging, Tumbling if he's into those things.

Sarcophagus of Stone for both of them.