PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Fourth Wall: Wall 4 1 and 1 4 Wall

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

happyturtle
2013-06-30, 10:42 PM
A long, tall, wide Wall, completely white at first. It's on Private property. Before the wall is erected a sign.

Feel free to write, draw, scribble, graffiti or otherwise put anything up on this wall.

Sincerely,
The Owner of this Wall.

Near the base of the wall is spare Chalk and Spray Paint.

On this thread:
This is for fun. :smallwink:

In this thread, your characters may leave messages, notes, ads, warnings, jokes, gossip or anything else you might want them to. The posts themselves are the messages, you do not need to RP your character walking in and writing.

This thread is fully IC and the messages are written by characters and about characters, not by players or about players.

You do not need to sign the character's name, although people might be able to guess if they know your characters.

OOC guidelines:

Consider IC taunts, praise, or general conversation on a single topic to be an "encounter".
Don't dogpile onto a single PC or org without giving them an opportunity to respond during an encounter. Turn order doesn't have to be strictly adhered to, but if someone is getting multiple posts in before the target has had a chance to respond, then that's not okay.
Just like in any other thread, any player has the right to disengage from an encounter at any time for any reason. If they make an OOC request "Please have your character Alice stop talking about my PC Bob or my faction Big Org of Barbecues (BOB)", then that should be respected. Of course, this also means that Bob doesn't get to post about Alice either. The request can be for a temporary or a permanent ban.
Orgs that have multiple players will need to check in with their other players before requesting an org-wide permanent ban on being flamed. How they make such a decision is up to that org to work out.
Since we agree not to play to win in all other encounters, it should extend to Wall arguments. We're not here to tear each other's posts to pieces, looking for any signs of weakness.
The goal is for the players to have fun. :smallsmile:

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 10:45 PM
I am not jealous of some fat cat ex-ruler political master wanna-be. Vyrn is old, recycled, reused trash. His time is over. AMEN's time is now.

Ashen Lilies
2013-06-30, 10:48 PM
You don't actually in any way speak for, or represent AMEN. You do know that, right?

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 10:53 PM
And also Vyrn's totes one of the ruling powers of Inside? Unlike you.

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:00 PM
It's either really stupid of NO to be called Neutral when it's not, or really stupid of AMEN to have pissed off even the neutral dudes. Take your pick.

To be fair, the name Neutralist Organization is dated. Or at least I think so. It's probably a good thing everyone, including us, calls it NO.

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 11:04 PM
Don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure the "who's stupid" question got settled as soon as AMEN's new spokesman picked up some chalk.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:06 PM
Stupid? I'm not slinging childish insults around. Inside is nothing. Inside will be destroyed in due time. Or ruled by us. I don't represent AMEN officially, no.

The Bushranger
2013-06-30, 11:07 PM
Then shut your silicon hole, chip-for-brains.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:12 PM
Then shut your silicon hole, chip-for-brains.

...? You just made yourself look like a class A dumbass. I'm a man. Undead, technically. A sea ghoul, a Captain. Not a machine. Get your facts straight you underfed cack-handed eyesore.

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:13 PM
Stupid? I'm not slinging childish insults around. Inside is nothing. Inside will be destroyed in due time. Or ruled by us. I don't represent AMEN officially, no.

Apparently AMEN's hiring standards have slackened considerably in the last couple years. Which is sad because they never had any of those to begin with.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:15 PM
Apparently AMEN's hiring standards have slackened considerably in the last couple years. Which is sad because they never had any of those to begin with.

I'm a respectable gentlemen, with morals and a code of honor, hardly slack for the same group who employees slutty flowers.

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 11:16 PM
Well shoot. Here we are, calling him stupid, then he goes and outwits us all by using words I'm pretty sure aren't even real words.

I mean, srs? 'Cack-handed'?

BladeofObliviom
2013-06-30, 11:19 PM
...I already conceded the point that certain AMENites are, in fact, immature and not especially bright. Unfortunately, some immature and unintelligent individuals happen to be rather vocal.

Meanwhile, the claim that I am "moralizing" is laughable; I assure you, I'm a fully unapologetic psychopath.

I was merely pointing out the irony of a supposedly neutral, amoral (as opposed to immoral, in this case) organization declaring restrictions for political and moral reasons. It's a bit absurd, really. Almost like an anti-apocalypse force devolving into a general peacekeeping faction, or a general peacekeeping faction devolving into an isolated house of curtains. Oh, wait. Those happened.

Say what you will about AMEN, but at least they've mostly stayed upon the path that they started upon.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:20 PM
I'm a respectable gentlemen, with morals and a code of honor, hardly slack for the same group who employees slutty flowers.

Well, I think we're done here, folks. I'd love to make mister dark blue here make more of a fool of himself, but it seems he's got that covered on his own.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:21 PM
Well shoot. Here we are, calling him stupid, then he goes and outwits us all by using words I'm pretty sure aren't even real words.

I mean, srs? 'Cack-handed'?

And I have a vocabulary greater than yours as well, apparently. Congratulations, a dead man is more intelligent than you. Cack-handed: Clumsy or Awkward. Maybe if I nail yer brains to the mast on me ship It'll teach you a little bit, ye proxy cur.

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:23 PM
...I already conceded the point that certain AMENites are, in fact, immature and not especially bright. Unfortunately, some immature and unintelligent individuals happen to be rather vocal.

Meanwhile, the claim that I am "moralizing" is laughable; I assure you, I'm a fully unapologetic psychopath.

I was merely pointing out the irony of a supposedly neutral, amoral (as opposed to immoral, in this case) organization declaring restrictions for political and moral reasons. It's a bit absurd, really. Almost like an anti-apocalypse force devolving into a general peacekeeping faction, or a general peacekeeping faction devolving into an isolated house of curtains. Oh, wait. Those happened.

Say what you will about AMEN, but at least they've mostly stayed upon the path that they started upon.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

Funny, I never realized stagnation was the sign of success. Face it, buddy, the fact others have evolved and changed over time is a better outcome than them never changing and ending up relics.

Lord Magtok
2013-06-30, 11:24 PM
Magtok, de jure second-in-command of AMEN here. What we don't stand for is suicide strikes against a competent governing body. So cut that nonsense out. Seriously Captain Crunch, we keep you for the airship, not your politics. If Remnant killed your parents or something, deal with it on your own time. Also, the next Watch to say a word about AMEN gets their own secret dealings with us blown wide up in considerably less vague detail than I'm using now, right here on Wallchan. Go ahead and try to call that bluff, see what happens. I mean, I'm already as good as dead right now, right?

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:29 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'm already dead Admiral Magtok. It's not suicide if you're not dead, and I'd hardly waste my ship on that. No... My quarrel is with people like those treacherous Watchtower employees who make shady deals with AMEN. The Nexus is a great black hole, and the people inside are full of ****, for the vermin of the world inhabit them and their morals aren't worth what a pig can spit.

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:31 PM
Hundred bucks says this guy has no idea what mags is going on about.

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 11:35 PM
Better bet. One hundred wallbucks says the big secret about WATCHTOWER involves curtains.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:37 PM
Hundred bucks says this guy has no idea what mags is going on about.

Oh, I don't. I don't need to. I believe it, and I've always suspected no group could be that firmly clenched onto the belief that they are good, unless they're hiding things.

Gullara
2013-06-30, 11:41 PM
Oh, I don't. I don't need to. I believe it, and I've always suspected no group could be that firmly clenched onto the belief that they are good, unless they're hiding things.

Here I never even knew Watch called themselves good straight up. Thought that was HALO.

Better bet. One hundred wallbucks says the big secret about WATCHTOWER involves curtains.

Apparently I'm not as up on the personal lives of Watch members as most people here, so I'm just going to not take that bet to be on the safe side.
It makes a person wonder how it's so well known anyway, but I supposed the wall is questionably canon half the time to begin with.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:45 PM
Peh. Same thing. Both of them are foolish men and women trying to use spoons to bail out enough water to sink the titanic. People are bad. All people. It's no use fighting for them.

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 11:49 PM
Heck, not like I'm peeking at gossip rags to see who's sleeping with who. Just making a safe bet because these things always have somebody sleeping with somebody they shouldn't.

It totally is just a safe bet in any circumstance. My player has no clue what secrets Magtok is referring to.

The Bushranger
2013-06-30, 11:49 PM
The purpose of WATCHTOWER is to prevent apocalyptic events and to battle against major threats. We are not, nor have we ever claimed to be, 'good'.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:50 PM
Heck, not like I'm peeking at gossip rags to see who's sleeping with who. Just making a safe bet because these things always have somebody sleeping with somebody they shouldn't.

It totally is just a safe bet in any circumstance. My player has no clue what secrets Magtok is referring to.

Except me. Cause I literally just got a bone down there. :smallyuk:

ThirdEmperor
2013-06-30, 11:52 PM
Okay then, I'm out. I already know too much.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-30, 11:54 PM
Okay then, I'm out. I already know too much.

Wait, now that I check... Yup, still got one. I think... :yuk:

Lord Magtok
2013-07-01, 12:02 AM

I wish I could tell you that you're wrong. That, for just once in the Nexus's history, it's not always about who is or isn't sharing a bed. Fudge you and your being right.

Anyways, that should be enough of a hint to Watchies in the know. I have a MagMonies account online to forward any and all hush money, if anyone's interested. I don't need much, just enough to rebuild when this Excelsior junk is done. Donate enough to my kickshutupper and I'll see if I can't mail you Enshadu's head, once it's been liberated from his body. Ignore me, threaten me, or try to preemptively excuse your transgressions at your peril.

We've never claimed goodness

No, just moral superiority, huh? That your apocalypse crusades justify and excuse all else. That opposing your agendas is tantamount to playing Strip Twister with Calublufiok. News flash, they don't, and it doesn't, so get off your damned high horse before I pull your posturing asses off of it for good, as there's plenty more blackmail material in my coffers that's been waiting for a rainy day like this one. You're either good, or down here with the rest of us sinners; pick one and stick with it.

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 12:05 AM
Funny, I never realized stagnation was the sign of success. Face it, buddy, the fact others have evolved and changed over time is a better outcome than them never changing and ending up relics.

Stagnation? Hardly.

There is a wide difference between consistency and stagnation, just as adaptability is not the same as total randomness. I'd make a pun involving StrAMEN here, but it would likely be lost on about two-thirds of potential readers anyway.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

PS: DarkBlue, just shut up. I have literal, braindead zombies in my dungeon who can debate with far more skill than you display.

Darkcomet
Why were we talking about Vyrn again? I'm not him. Nor is my robot.

He's the smug one with the fancy navy writing.

Secondly, I have no idea what the hell Magtok is talking about. Nor do I know of any 'shady deals'. But that's normal, considering he's had a habit of spouting this crap about everyone nowadays...I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. His mind must be going from the situation he's in. He's seeing extra enemies everywhere, apparently.

Also I just want to point out how the obnoxious navy text acts. See? This is what AMEN is. They might pretend they're not going to attack Inside, but it's only a matter of time.

Capitulating to them in Riverside was a stupid mistake that's going to cost us all in the long run.

Hattish Thing
I wish I could tell you that you're wrong. That, for just once in the Nexus's history, it's not always about who is or isn't sharing a bed. Fudge you and your being right.

Anyways, that should be enough of a hint to Watchies in the know. I have a MagMonies account online to forward any and all hush money, if anyone's interested. I don't need much, just enough to rebuild when this Excelsior junk is done. Donate enough to my kickshutupper and I'll see if I can't mail you Enshadu's head, once it's been liberated from his body. Ignore me, threaten me, or try to preemptively excuse your transgressions at your peril.

No, just moral superiority, huh? That your apocalypse crusades justify and excuse all else. That opposing your agendas is tantamount to playing Strip Twister with Calublufiok. News flash, they don't, and it doesn't, so get off your damned high horse before I pull your posturing asses off of it for good, as there's plenty more blackmail material in my coffers that's been waiting for a rainy day like this one. You're either good, or down here with the rest of us sinners; pick one and stick with it.

See? He gets it. Kinda. There are no good people, though. We're all sinners. Except maybe Civvy. I happen to know... Quite well.

Ah! Nevermind. It was just a wart!

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 12:18 AM
Also I just want to point out how the obnoxious navy text acts. See? This is what AMEN is.[/B]

No.

Navytext is a peon with enough muscle to be useful, too little brainpower to have a hidden agenda, and an enormous mouth that appears to have swapped positions with an anus, given the sheer volume of utter bull**** pouring out of it.

Navytext is not a representative of AMEN; he's a glorified henchman who thinks he's special.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 12:23 AM
No.

Navytext is a peon with enough muscle to be useful, too little brainpower to have a hidden agenda, and an enormous mouth that appears to have swapped positions with an anus, given the sheer volume of utter bull**** pouring out of it.

Navytext is not a representative of AMEN; he's a glorified henchman who thinks he's special.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

I am a CAPTAIN. I am an Ex-Inspector, Captain of The Crone's Claw, AMEN's only airship and most powerful attack vessel, Master of a crew of undead loyal only to me, and I offer great riches! I am more important than most of them! I offer more, I am more. A hidden agenda? Hah, haha! That's the point of a hidden agenda. It's hidden. Suck my decomposing balls, whoever you are.

Ashen Lilies
2013-07-01, 12:29 AM
I'm on a shopping trip/swordmithing quest/lying in a pool of my own blood currently, but when I return we might have to look at this hidden agenda of yours.

xoxox
Kal

Gullara
2013-07-01, 12:30 AM
Stagnation? Hardly.

There is a wide difference between consistency and stagnation, just as adaptability is not the same as total randomness. I'd make a pun involving StrAMEN here, but it would likely be lost on about two-thirds of potential readers anyway.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

PS: DarkBlue, just shut up. I have literal, braindead zombies in my dungeon who can debate with far more skill than you display.

Whatever you say. I can't say I know much about Watch, but NO's new plans are pretty much in line with our basic goals for as long as I've been here. And I'm not exactly a newcomer, even if there are a fair few that have been around longer.

But as far as I can tell, you see "Neutralist" in the name and start drawing conclusions from that. Which wouldn't be so bad if your points had any more depth than that.

Don't deal with slavers because of the god awful PR, and don't deal with AMEN for the above as well as their rosters containing people like dark blue over there seem like pretty good reasoning for those restrictions.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-01, 12:30 AM
You really want to do this, DC? A part of me always held out for peace between us someday, never went for shots like this out of what I had foolishly mistaken for mutual, grudging respect. It's not too late for me to take this all back and chalk it up to invasion stress and combat drugs, y'know.

Just say the word though, and we'll never be able to go back. I won't be able to kid-gloves you anymore if you force the issue. This is one of those secrets and the memory of you having me shot to death is still fresh, so you should know I wouldn't be gentle about it, Mr. Imagined Enemy. Last chance, it's all dependent on what you say next, kay? I've already told my Westside liaison, but it'll be a while before she can confirm its veracity, and limits on what they're willing to do or say with your dirty laundry. No such qualms here, so long as you keep up that dismissive attitude.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-01, 12:32 AM
I guess Magtok's speech might've been a little cool, if navy idiot hadn't had to go and agree with it. Chalk up another lost chance at respect for AMEN to the stupidity of it's own members. Whether this guy's a minion or not I wouldn't want to be in the same Org as him.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 12:32 AM
I'm on a shopping trip/swordmithing quest/lying in a pool of my own blood currently, but when I return we might have to look at this hidden agenda of yours.

xoxox
Kal

You can also line up to suck my decomposing balls. Maybe I'll begin charging. Eh?

Darkcomet
2013-07-01, 01:27 AM
Let's not pretend I started this little spat. You have accused us of attacking your cave. But regardless, I'll drop the matter. Words never accomplish much anyway, I've found, but then that's probably why I'm not in that Council seat instead.

Although I will say that I concur regarding how frustrating it is that everything seems to revolve around who's rolling under covers with who. It really is ludicrous.

Morty
2013-07-01, 05:26 AM
I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect such knee-jerk response to NO's proclamation. See, if I could allow mercs we certify to work with AMEN, I would. But I can't, because AMEN has proven itself to be unreliable, untrustworthy and outright dangerous many times over. NO alone has lost a member, permanently, to their attacks. Neutrality is a thing we value, but it needs to take a back seat to the necessities of the situation. If we're to introduce order into the adventuring profession, AMEN needs to be kept out of it. I think the threats and insults spouted by the fellow with the bold navy font are all the proof I need for that.

And I understand that AMEN really doesn't want NO to gain prominence, at least not without being able to benefit from it. You guys do like to imagine yourselves to be the big kids in the cave. Same goes for quite a few other people. Well, tell you what - too late.

I've always been more of a scavenger than a merc, but this entire thing strikes me as super meh, on one hand union's are important and useful in this sort of thing, that protection thing especially, but a union run by a mercenary band should make anyone wonder exactly where union dues go.

My advice to those signing up, learn where your money goes, demand NO's receipts, and demand voting rights. I can not stress that last one enough. People run the system, not the other way around.

I can tell you where this money goes. It goes towards providing all the benefits our license holders can enjoy. They don't come cheap, you know. Our profits will be directed towards increasing the quality of our services and the standards of the industry as a whole.

happyturtle
2013-07-01, 09:19 AM
...? You just made yourself look like a class A dumbass. I'm a man. Undead, technically. A sea ghoul, a Captain. Not a machine. Get your facts straight you underfed cack-handed eyesore.

Like I said, crimes against hygiene.

Anyways, that should be enough of a hint to Watchies in the know.

((Is this about Darcy and Ilpholin? :smallconfused:))

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 10:35 AM
I am a CAPTAIN. I am an Ex-Inspector, Captain of The Crone's Claw, AMEN's only airship and most powerful attack vessel, Master of a crew of undead loyal only to me, and I offer great riches! I am more important than most of them! I offer more, I am more. A hidden agenda? Hah, haha! That's the point of a hidden agenda. It's hidden. Suck my decomposing balls, whoever you are.

A little bit defensive, aren't we? Your accomplishments are fairly meager by Nexus standards, really. Try conquering a few planes of existence, then maybe I'll give you a fraction of the respect you seem to want.

Also, pass. I may swing both ways, but I do have standards. However, if you're so eager to be sucked, perhaps I could introduce you to my friend, Gravitational Singularity. I assure you, you'll never leave once you've met!

But as far as I can tell, you see "Neutralist" in the name and start drawing conclusions from that. Which wouldn't be so bad if your points had any more depth than that.

Don't deal with slavers because of the god awful PR, and don't deal with AMEN for the above as well as their rosters containing people like dark blue over there seem like pretty good reasoning for those restrictions.

You see, the first of these would have been an acceptable point to bring up in the first place, but your very leader (whom I would imagine to have a fair grasp on the organization's goals...) moved to defend your neutrality under an excuse of professionalism. So unless you're going to claim that Dipsnig Razortooth, of all people, doesn't represent NO, you're just blowing hot air.

As for the second, that's a flimsy excuse and you know it. It's also not especially great for PR to work with the non-AMEN murderers, dissidents, and criminals that make up a disproportionate amount of the adventuring community, but that doesn't exactly stop you from associating with them. After all, it is an inexperienced adventurer that has never killed a man, whether in self-defense or because they're being paid to do it.

So basically, you're arguing that hiring people who've had associations with AMEN or Slavers at any point is inherently bad for you, but hiring "normal" roving murder-hobos whose very lives depend on hilarious amounts of violence is perfectly a-ok.

Please tell me that I don't have to explain just how absurd that is, because you're civil enough that I'd rather not have to lump you in with Dark Blue Text.

See, if I could allow mercs we certify to work with AMEN, I would. But I can't, because AMEN has proven itself to be unreliable, untrustworthy and outright dangerous many times over. NO alone has lost a member, permanently, to their attacks. Neutrality is a thing we value, but it needs to take a back seat to the necessities of the situation. If we're to introduce order into the adventuring profession, AMEN needs to be kept out of it. I think the threats and insults spouted by the fellow with the bold navy font are all the proof I need for that.

Out of curiosity, do you also place specieswide bans on who you certify? Do you just not hire Orcs or something? Perhaps you just don't hire communists? How about left-handed people?

I ask because you're making a childish generalization about a group whose actual binding factor has nothing whatsoever to do with the reason you're excluding them. AMEN is a very diverse organization, and the only characteristic that all members share is a basic lack of desire to uphold the stereotypical tenets of good. In fact, to underscore just how diverse, I know of at least one member who is actually a pacifist.

Your assertion that all members of AMEN lack professionalism using the "proof" of one member's total lack of it is utterly absurd. In fact, by the exact same reasoning, I could conclude that all Goblins lead mercenary organizations based on the fact that you do. It wouldn't be reasonable, realistic, or especially practical, but I could.

Really though, what makes your entire defense completely laughable is the fact that you already have specifications that the applicant must have a professional attitude and maintain an honorable code of conduct when it comes to contracts.

This means that if your arguments that you refuse to certify AMENites and Slavers were really based on a lack of professionalism in these groups, and not a pathetic attempt to justify your blatant political and moral impositions without compromising your stated neutrality, then BOTH of these specifications would be utterly redundant.

You've already set up a basic set of rules, after all. If your assertions were all true, then would not every one of these strAMEN quickly become blacklisted by their unprofessional behavior without need for a specific, partisan ruling?

Just food for thought.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

happyturtle
2013-07-01, 11:00 AM
I have an idea! http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/gottahavegraphics/SmileyIdea.gif The Neutralist Organization should rename itself the Mercenary Organization, or MO.

Then every member has to grow a bitchin moustache. Like one of those awesome 70s porn staches. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/Pennybags.png

That'd be wicked! :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2013-07-01, 11:26 AM
In turn, I have a revolutionary idea to rename AMEN in order to better represent the average member (as demonstrated on this very wall)! All in favor of the Society for the Evil, Maniacal, Egotistical and Narcissistic say aye!

Gullara
2013-07-01, 11:40 AM
You see, the first of these would have been an acceptable point to bring up in the first place, but your very leader (whom I would imagine to have a fair grasp on the organization's goals...) moved to defend your neutrality under an excuse of professionalism. So unless you're going to claim that Dipsnig Razortooth, of all people, doesn't represent NO, you're just blowing hot air.

I'm just going to have to shrug my shoulders at this one. Not much more I can say that I haven't said already.

As for the second, that's a flimsy excuse and you know it. It's also not especially great for PR to work with the non-AMEN murderers, dissidents, and criminals that make up a disproportionate amount of the adventuring community, but that doesn't exactly stop you from associating with them. After all, it is an inexperienced adventurer that has never killed a man, whether in self-defense or because they're being paid to do it.

So basically, you're arguing that hiring people who've had associations with AMEN or Slavers at any point is inherently bad for you, but hiring "normal" roving murder-hobos whose very lives depend on hilarious amounts of violence is perfectly a-ok.

Please tell me that I don't have to explain just how absurd that is, because you're civil enough that I'd rather not have to lump you in with Dark Blue Text.

There's a difference between your common adventurer that's taken a life and someone that's declared themselves to be involved with trafficking sapients or what's not uncommonly considered a terrorist organization. The difference being one can keep their more unsavory actions quiet a lot easier while the other wears a neon "hate me" sign above their heads. You may argue that not all AMENites are the nut bars like dark blue there, but your organization has a reputation that isn't entirely undeserved and is damn hard to escape.

But I doubt either of us are gonna change the other's mind, so unless you've got something fresh to bring up, I think I'm calling this little chat here. Besides, arguing the moral high ground side of this thing is making me nauseous.

Morty
2013-07-01, 11:43 AM
It's pretty hilarious, really, since the AMEN ban is here to stay, and they can just sit... wherever it is they're sitting and come up with justifications for not disallowing professional mercenaries from dealing with terrorists.

If anything, this pointless little argument convinced me that I was right to add that clause.

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 12:46 PM
There's a difference between your common adventurer that's taken a life and someone that's declared themselves to be involved with trafficking sapients or what's not uncommonly considered a terrorist organization. The difference being one can keep their more unsavory actions quiet a lot easier while the other wears a neon "hate me" sign above their heads. You may argue that not all AMENites are the nut bars like dark blue there, but your organization has a reputation that isn't entirely undeserved and is damn hard to escape.

But I doubt either of us are gonna change the other's mind, so unless you've got something fresh to bring up, I think I'm calling this little chat here. Besides, arguing the moral high ground side of this thing is making me nauseous.

I could argue this one a bit further, but you're probably right that it won't amount to anything.

And if you feel ridiculous taking the moral high ground, just imagine how I feel arguing that AMEN is being unfairly persecuted. Can you say "Devil's Advocate" three times fast?

It's pretty hilarious, really, since the AMEN ban is here to stay, and they can just sit... wherever it is they're sitting and come up with justifications for not disallowing professional mercenaries from dealing with terrorists.

If anything, this pointless little argument convinced me that I was right to add that clause.

If AMEN is a terrorist group, they're a terrorist group that broadcasts its location to everyone and hasn't been stormed and destroyed yet, so clearly we're not enough of a problem to actually deal with. Further, the only reasons your archetypical mercenary would have to avoid "terrorist" contracts are fear of repercussions, personal morality, or insufficient pay. Given that only the last is relevant to all mercenaries, and isn't an issue for AMEN, the question isn't "Why shouldn't we ban AMEN?", but "Why should we?"

So you must forgive me when I point out that your statement above makes nothing resembling sense. I mean, really? Everything that you just said amounts to "I don't care about your logic, I'm right and you're wrong because I say so." What world do you come from, where having every one of your points skewered makes you more correct? Did you also train at the same dojo as Wimp Lo? Also, you used a double negative for some reason, which is just heinous.

Frankly, this is rather disappointing. Where's that legendary rapier wit? That snarky tongue? I can understand feeling intimidated by such a skilled debater as myself, but I suppose I overestimated you.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

Morty
2013-07-01, 12:53 PM
Or maybe I'm just a busy goblin who has better things to do than argue with someone thoroughly unimportant and anonymous on Wallchan.

Felandria
2013-07-01, 01:54 PM
For A Good Time Call 1-833-526-3742
That's 1-8FE-LAN-DRIA

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 02:01 PM
For A Good Time Call 1-833-526-3742
That's 1-8FE-LAN-DRIA

Um, what?
whitetext!

happyturtle
2013-07-01, 02:57 PM
just imagine how I feel arguing that AMEN is being unfairly persecuted. Can you say "Devil's Advocate" three times fast?

My mom got sick of a plague and then we all got sick and then our dog Buddy died and then we all got better except for mom. She died. I'm glad you are being perstecuted. I hope you always get perstecuted until you all die. AMEN is bad and I hate you!

OrchestraHc
2013-07-01, 03:06 PM
[COLOR="Sienna"]I can tell you where this money goes. It goes towards providing all the benefits our license holders can enjoy. They don't come cheap, you know. Our profits will be directed towards increasing the quality of our services and the standards of the industry as a whole.

Excuse me for not taking a merc at his word. Like I said before: Receipts, Transparency, Voting. Demand all three from NO before joining.

I have an idea! http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/gottahavegraphics/SmileyIdea.gif The Neutralist Organization should rename itself the Mercenary Organization, or MO.

Then every member has to grow a bitchin moustache. Like one of those awesome 70s porn staches. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/Pennybags.png

That'd be wicked! :smallbiggrin:

No, they should all have bowlcuts like Moe Howard!

Zefir
2013-07-01, 03:34 PM

You knoe beeing an EX- INspector doesn't speak for you. And most powerful attack vessel? Not as far as I know, but I think you only know your ship.

I think it's best you don't speak up for AMEN. The thing s you mention are likly your own point of view and not AMEN's

Felandria
2013-07-01, 03:41 PM
Um, what?
whitetext!

She's Zeus's daughter.

She inherited his predelictions.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 03:44 PM
She's Zeus's daughter.

She inherited his predelictions.

That doesn't explain why you're posting a phone number on the wall! Wait no, predilections? Zeus also has predictions. This is getting confusing. Words! Words!

Felandria
2013-07-01, 03:51 PM
That doesn't explain why you're posting a phone number on the wall! Wait no, predilections? Zeus also has predictions. This is getting confusing. Words! Words!

That is to say, she enjoys company.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 03:54 PM
That is to say, she enjoys company.

Clearly that much could be surmised.
Hey wait a second who is this providing backstory anyway?

Felandria
2013-07-01, 03:58 PM
Clearly that much could be surmised.
Hey wait a second who is this providing backstory anyway?

You'll find out eventually........:smallredface:

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 04:09 PM
Hmm. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Right now I've get back to work before the Inn opens. Later, wall!

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 04:16 PM
You knoe beeing an EX- INspector doesn't speak for you. And most powerful attack vessel? Not as far as I know, but I think you only know your ship.

I think it's best you don't speak up for AMEN. The thing s you mention are likly your own point of view and not AMEN's

My mom got sick of a plague and then we all got sick and then our dog Buddy died and then we all got better except for mom. She died. I'm glad you are being perstecuted. I hope you always get perstecuted until you all die. AMEN is bad and I hate you!

I offer firepower. Massive, potent and deadly firepower. And I don't even use that nonsense space technology! Hah! Who needs missiles when ya got a good old' grape shot, or exploding cannon... Or my personal favorite, the shrapnel shot. I do believe my ship is the biggest and strongest in AMEN right' about now.

Your dog? Hehehe. Tell me, was he a big grey one? I might have had him for lunch... Saved a piece if you like, kiddo. :smallwink:

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-01, 04:21 PM
Clegg? Could you please listen to what everyone's telling you and hush up around now? Because you're kind of making us look bad, and, no, you're nowhere near the strongest member in AMEN.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 04:25 PM
Clegg? Could you please listen to what everyone's telling you and hush up around now? Because you're kind of making us look bad, and, no, you're nowhere near the strongest member in AMEN.

I know that, Indigo. I just have the biggest ship. Which I'm very proud of. Also, you have no authority over me!

Earl of Purple
2013-07-01, 04:28 PM
Clegg, I believe that your ship may have powerful weaponry. However, I bring thirteen attack aircraft to the table, each equipped with more advanced weaponry and superior speed. Shut up and go home. Better yet, remove your lower jaw. I doubt you need it anymore, seeing as you're undead and all.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 04:36 PM
Clegg, I believe that your ship may have powerful weaponry. However, I bring thirteen attack aircraft to the table, each equipped with more advanced weaponry and superior speed. Shut up and go home. Better yet, remove your lower jaw. I doubt you need it anymore, seeing as you're undead and all.

A what now? Meh. You and your fancy aircraft. Superior speed? Yes. Due to the bulk of my lady, speed is somewhat hard to gain. However She can take enough hits to crash each of your pretty little flying paperweights thrice.

Beans
2013-07-01, 04:38 PM
AMEN sounds extremely silly.
As does everything in this place.

Zefir
2013-07-01, 04:41 PM
And i bring in a super sheep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebs5UfcJYM).

What your laugthing at? Tose are really strong and can blow up the crappy wooden ship which isn't very strong at all.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-01, 04:42 PM
Oh, no, we're not at all like Clegg is making us look. We are a serious force for evil these days and have recently conquered territory in Riverside. And Clegg is going to get kicked out soon I'm sure, because he's insulted a direct superior twice now.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 04:48 PM
Oh, no, we're not at all like Clegg is making us look. We are a serious force for evil these days and have recently conquered territory in Riverside. And Clegg is going to get kicked out soon I'm sure, because he's insulted a direct superior twice now.

My superiors are Ilpholin Xar'Cha and Magtok, only. I listen to them, only. You... Are a random nobody on the wall.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-01, 04:54 PM
Nooooo.. Unless I'm way off target here, Mr. Bolder Orange Text who you told to [CENSORED] is actually AMEN's chief security officer. Meaning he outranks you.

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 05:06 PM
Or maybe I'm just a busy goblin who has better things to do than argue with someone thoroughly unimportant and anonymous on Wallchan.

Which is why we already went back and forth a few rounds, obviously. So what you really mean is "better things to do than publicly lose an argument."

To be fair, I probably wouldn't want to stick around long in that circumstance either. Might still be fun to mess with your little initiative though. Maybe a sizable bounty on NO-brand Adventurers?

HEY EVERYONE: Pass me a head and proof of ID for a NO-certified adventurer, and I'll pay out 4,000 Gold Pieces, anonymously, no questions asked!

There. Now people can join your little Union in trade for a few discounts. But are those discounts worth having to look over your shoulder every few minutes for the rest of your life? To check your food for poison before every meal? To always watch your back in case someone tries to stab it when you aren't?

Yeah, some of the more hardened types might not be worried. But the newbies, who might actually be threatened by a few unscrupulous muggers looking for a nice big bag of gold? They'll live a lot longer if they stay freelance.

Wow, that really sucks for you, doesn't it? You really should have evacuated better, then mommy might not have died. Also, I'm not really a good target for the hate, since I didn't make the plague. That would be Shayan.

That's S-H-A-Y-A-N! And from what I've heard, she's working with Tenebras now. So if you or family members died from the plague and you want somebody to take it out on, just march right up to Westside Manor and ask! I'm sure they won't be evasive or protective of their little bioterrorist at all!

Nooooo.. Unless I'm way off target here, Mr. Bolder Orange Text who you told to [CENSORED] is actually AMEN's chief security officer. Meaning he outranks you.

Really, anyone with two brain cells to rub together outranks him. He's pitifully easy to manipulate. Hell, his damn crew probably controls his actions more than he does.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

The Bushranger
2013-07-01, 05:11 PM
Shut up before I open a shadow portal in your stomach.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-01, 05:19 PM
Hunting mercenaries? Hehe, goooood stuff.

happyturtle
2013-07-01, 05:25 PM
HEY EVERYONE: Pass me a head and proof of ID for a NO-certified adventurer, and I'll pay out 4,000 Gold Pieces, anonymously, no questions asked!

*slow clap*

Way to prove that AMEN is a trustworthy business partner. You sure convinced me!

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 05:27 PM
Ha! Clearly you've never been an adventurer. Doing so means you have to spend pretty much every day wondering if the last artifact-toting villain had a brother or a daughter or a Lich contingency to seek vengeance. A lousy bounty wouldn't stop a good one.

Morty
2013-07-01, 05:36 PM
Does anyone still have any doubts why I issued the ban when I started the entire initiative? You don't negotiate with AMEN, you don't work with them and you certainly never back down when they push. See how this AMENite, or AMENite sympathizer, starts offering money to kill NO-licensed mercenaries just because I refused to agree to his demands? That's how they react if every one of their whims isn't fulfilled. I doubt that any mercenary who were to work for them could expect anything more.

((And seriously? Having your character try to nip the whole thing in the bud out of spite? You could have at least waited a little. :smallannoyed:))

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-01, 06:00 PM
Way to prove that AMEN is a trustworthy business partner. You sure convinced me!

It's not really being an untrustworthy business partner if I've never been his business partner at any point in time, is it? Now, it would be nasty if I were to just not pay, but I'm a man of my word and do, in fact, have the funds to cover it on the off chance that people actually bring me something.

A lousy bounty wouldn't stop a good one.

Indeed! Adventurers have enough stress to worry about. Why would they want more when it's very easy to avoid?

Does anyone still have any doubts why I issued the ban when I started the entire initiative? You don't negotiate with AMEN, you don't work with them and you certainly never back down when they push. See how this AMENite, or AMENite sympathizer, starts offering money to kill NO-licensed mercenaries just because I refused to agree to his demands. That's how they react if every one of their whims isn't fulfilled. I doubt that any mercenary who were to work for them could expect anything more.

((And seriously? Having your character try to nip the whole thing in the bud out of spite? You could have at least waited a little. :smallannoyed:))

Well it got your attention, didn't it? The real beauty of it is that it's not going to backfire on me, simply because you won't hire anyone I associate with!

Besides, you're just mad because I just undermined you without so much as lifting a finger and there is nothing you can do about it, because you don't even know who I am, let alone how you could possibly find me.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

((...Really, targeting me OOC? I don't actually plan to follow up on this with any kind of attack from wannabe assassins, a vast majority of PCs who would join this aren't threatened by a minor bounty anyway, and anyone who actually goes around trying to kill off your Org's characters for some crummy IC money is just an ass.

I really don't see how this is any worse than just making a general threat to other characters, and yet you sound like I'm sending a cruise missile at NO.))

OrchestraHc
2013-07-01, 06:00 PM
Which is why we already went back and forth a few rounds, obviously. So what you really mean is "better things to do than publicly lose an argument."

To be fair, I probably wouldn't want to stick around long in that circumstance either. Might still be fun to mess with your little initiative though. Maybe a sizable bounty on NO-brand Adventurers?

There. Now people can join your little Union in trade for a few discounts. But are those discounts worth having to look over your shoulder every few minutes for the rest of your life? To check your food for poison before every meal? To always watch your back in case someone tries to stab it when you aren't?

Yeah, some of the more hardened types might not be worried. But the newbies, who might actually be threatened by a few unscrupulous muggers looking for a nice big bag of gold? They'll live a lot longer if they stay freelance.

Wouldn't that require an actual public location, making yourself as vulnerable to a counterattack?

I would just like to point out that Da Crew Industries is not only available for home repair, construction, landscaping, and dangerous expeditions, but our members are also not under threat of mysterious bounties, so we can devote our full focus on your problems.

Don't be blue, just call Da Crew!

Deathkeeper
2013-07-01, 06:05 PM
Yeah, if you're completely hidden, how exactly would you pay anyone?

Morty
2013-07-01, 06:06 PM
Well it got your attention, didn't it? The real beauty of it is that it's not going to backfire on me, simply because you won't hire anyone I associate with!

Besides, you're just mad because I just undermined you without so much as lifting a finger and there is nothing you can do about it, because you don't even know who I am, let alone how you could possibly find me.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

((...Really, targeting me OOC? I don't actually plan to follow up on this with any kind of attack from wannabe assassins, a vast majority of PCs who would join this aren't threatened by a minor bounty anyway, and anyone who actually goes around trying to kill off your Org's characters for some crummy IC money is just an ass.

I really don't see how this is any worse than just making a general threat to other characters, and yet you sound like I'm sending a cruise missile at NO.))

I hope you realize it means noone can actually collect your bounty either, even if they're stupid enough to want to.

((Sorry if I'm being snippy. I guess I just sort of see it as a petty attack on the first big thing NO's done in ages, just because they stepped on AMEN's toes. It also completely eclipsed their actual announcement.))

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-01, 06:11 PM
Yeah, they'll never find you in a million years.

It's not like you've been slapping your name on every post or going on and on about how much you love AMEN.

ThePhantom
2013-07-01, 08:56 PM
And to all who read this part of the wall, I place the Green Hair Curse upon you. Your hair will be the color of this chalk until you shout at the top of your lung for a minute "I'm a cute pretty princess and I love the color pink." Enjoy, you arguementive bunch.

happyturtle
2013-07-01, 09:05 PM
I just read your post, but my hair didn't turn green. More of a teal.

I demand a refund. :smallannoyed:

The Bushranger
2013-07-01, 09:32 PM
Ha! Joke's on you, my hair is already green.

Asha'man
2013-07-02, 01:47 AM
"Of all the curses you can do why did you have to put a Green Hair Curse on the wall. You're evil man!" :smallannoyed:

Zefir
2013-07-02, 04:22 AM
Excuse me, Mr. Razortooth, but I got some questions as well.

How can I make sure the licence is real? Is there something to inst check it?

And I have to say your non AMEn agenda sounds reliable due to other wall posts. I hope to enjoy our business relationship in the future.

Morty
2013-07-02, 07:41 AM
All NO licenses should be printed upon official NO paper and contain a signature by a member and a magic stamp of authenticity. If a mercenary's document is missing any of those, contact one of the offices to see if they're in our files.

RyanKoopa
2013-07-02, 02:38 PM
See this is why I hate AMEN so much. I mean they think they are so tough and intimidating yet they hire clowns like the navy blue guy. I mean what kind of evil organization outright states that it is an organization for evil to the public constantly? A stupid one that's what!

OrchestraHc
2013-07-02, 03:24 PM
OOOOOOH! (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8agw8jwgT1rv8jpzo1_500.gif)

XoooooooH (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lopkcrfMom1qdjhv0o1_500.gif)Xo Blondie

Lord Magtok
2013-07-02, 03:36 PM
Yeah, whatever. (http://d.asset.soup.io/asset/3197/2909_6d70.gif) Going underground is for wimps and cowards. I mean, it's not like anyone's got what it takes to nuke us or anything, so what difference does it make?

Morty
2013-07-02, 03:56 PM
Meanwhile, I'm just going to leave this here, on this new Wall, for easier reference.

As you all know, the Nexus has been crawling with adventurers for as long as anyone can remember. There's always plenty of people solving other people's problems for money - be they adventurers, mercenaries, bodyguards or troubleshooters.

The thing is, there's no organization to it. Never has been. The teeming masses of problem-solvers just find jobs, often with disreputable employers. Sometimes they're thoroughly unprofessional and fail or betray their employers.

One would think someone should do something about it, and one would be correct. Which is where we come in. The Neutralist Organization has been working for the people of the Nexus for years - never taking sides, completing contracts and gathering experience and information. That means we have the experience, contacts and resources to change the current unfortunate state of affairs.

From now on, the Neutralist Organization will start issuing Official NO Licenses in an effort to finally bring the adventuring and mercenary industry to order.

Any mercenary, adventurer, bodyguard, troubleshooter or another person who works by solving people's problems for money on a contractual basis will be free to receive one in our offices in Inside and Riverside or our base in the mountains. The license will come with several benefits:

Discounts in Erin's Emporium, Azik's Enchantments, Trog's Tavern and Black Dragon's Den
Access to job offers and opportunities in our offices
NO's support if an employer tries to cheat them out of the money they're owed - NO will make sure they're paid what they can expect based on the contract, and mark the employer as untrustworthy
Access to NO's information-gathering services for a reduced fee.

In exchange, the holder of the license will pay NO a percentage of the profit they earn for the jobs they take, whether they are one-time adventures or longer contracts, such as bodyguard jobs.

Of course, we're not doing it just to provide people services for a cut of their profits. No, the purpose of this campaign is to introduce order and professionalism into the mercenary population of the Nexus. As such, the license will be revoked upon following conditions:

Attempting to claim the reward when the job has not been completed
Turning on one's employer while still bound by a contract
Engaging in capturing, keeping and trading of slaves
Working with or for the terrorist organization known as AMEN
A glaring breach of the professional standards and competence expected from our licensed mercenaries

Needless to say, we will only be issuing licenses to those who meet the standards of conduct and competence the people of the Nexus deserve when they pay to get something done.

Remember - morality is relative. Professional standards are not.

Earl of Purple
2013-07-02, 04:00 PM
A pile of broken sledgehammers lie at the base of the wall. Above them, the following message is scrawled:

Breaking the fourth wall is harder than you would believe.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-02, 04:20 PM
See this is why I hate AMEN so much. I mean they think they are so tough and intimidating yet they hire clowns like the navy blue guy. I mean what kind of evil organization outright states that it is an organization for evil to the public constantly? A stupid one that's what!

Alright, I've had it with you. A clown? I am a CAPTAIN. Alrigh', if yer so tough... Meet me by The Misty Marshes in Outside at 7:30 PM. I'll nail your head to the top of AMEN. Or the mailbox.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-02, 04:50 PM
Wait, so everyone pointing out your incompetence and misplaced arrogance is fine, but calling you a clown is the berserk button?
And your response actually was "1 v. 1 me bro?" What is this, a first person shooter forum?

Morty
2013-07-02, 04:54 PM
It's the Wall, so... you're pretty close, actually.

Darkcomet
2013-07-02, 05:05 PM
Navy chalk is a smelly clown psychopath with an ego problem and a rotted brain, pass it on.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 12:28 AM
Navy chalk is a smelly clown psychopath with an ego problem and a rotted brain, pass it on.

The psychopath, ego, rot brain stuff is true. The clown thing... That's going too far. So yeah, 1 vs 1 me, you cowardly ass-kisser.

Darkcomet
2013-07-03, 01:12 AM
Can I pick the place?

This is like watching a singularity implode further against all logic.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 01:16 AM
Can I pick the place?

This is like watching a singularity implode further against all logic.

No. My place. The Misty Marshes, by Lake Lazulis.

Darkcomet
2013-07-03, 01:25 AM
No deal. Also I'm not purple chalk over there.

Anyway, I thought the standard custom was that the challenged party gets to pick the circumstances of these things. If you want to prove you're not just some clown, at least pretend to show some respect.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 01:30 AM
No deal. Also I'm not purple chalk over there.

Anyway, I thought the standard custom was that the challenged party gets to pick the circumstances of these things. If you want to prove you're not just some clown, at least pretend to show some respect.

I don't respect you, at all. Too afraid to fight me, eh? Coward, worm, bitch. All of the above. You're a waste of man.

Zefir
2013-07-03, 01:35 AM
"Let's make a deal, let someone else pick a place."

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 01:37 AM
"Let's make a deal, let someone else pick a place."

Fine. I have nothing to lose...

Darkcomet
2013-07-03, 02:03 AM
I said pretend, rotten clown. Preteeend. You know, like politicians do. Lie! Play nice so you don't look as ridiculous! It's not hard.

Cough up the suggestions, pink. I'd like a volcano though. It's suitably dramatic.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-03, 02:04 AM
Ooh, we know.

Swamp of Doom.

Darkcomet
2013-07-03, 02:05 AM
He already wanted something like that, stop favoring him.

Maybe a mountaintop. That's also nice and dramatic.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 02:06 AM
I said pretend, rotten clown. Preteeend. You know, like politicians do. Lie! Play nice so you don't look as ridiculous! It's not hard.

Cough up the suggestions, pink. I'd like a volcano though. It's suitably dramatic.

I'm no slimy ass politician. And, no. No volcanoes. No fire. I'm... Allergic.

Don't choose the swamp. Whatever you do.

Zefir
2013-07-03, 02:22 AM
"Best you pick the lost arena"

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-03, 03:12 AM
Hey! Bet you wouldn't call it 'favoring' anybody if we provided the volcano you requested. Besides. He does not want the Swamp of Doom. It's where idiots go to die.

GrandDM
2013-07-03, 10:44 AM
"I believe I can offer a neutral battleground. Be at HLabs in Inside four days from now at 7:00. I will collect you from there."

Aric Kale
2013-07-03, 12:47 PM
Hullo to the Wall! Ah am Hubert "Chuckles" O'Reilly, First Mate of the Crone's Claw. Ah'm jus' here te give an apology fer th' Cap'n. Cap'n don't mean any harm, please leave him be...

Cap'n Clegg Thenardier, ah am bound to the Claw, indirectly te yerself. If'n yer goin' te put her in harm's way, ah will have to disregard yer orders. Sir.

"Durkon, you know that you don't have to transcribe your accent, right?"

Darkcomet
2013-07-03, 01:28 PM
Oooh.

Mutiny! This is even better than I'd hoped.

MPG
2013-07-03, 01:44 PM
I know I'm a bit late to the party, so you may pay as much or as little attention to my scribblings as you see fit.

As the first NO-approved adventurer I'd like to say: I'm Open for busyness :smallbiggrin: will accept all reasonable offers, from opening stuck pickle jars to foil the villainous plot / pious vindication. Must ask in person.
- - -
Now in regards to this
___--- |VvV| --- ___

Three words: Just Bring It. I'm shaking in my little boots.
I'm amazed amused that my getting a little piece of paper could invoke the ire of an entire evil organization. Wait not probably not the whole Org just your own fallus-cranium self seems to have any opinion.

I'm also insulted. 4000 gold, really? I got a higher price on my head from a night of light drinking, back home.
Sorry, just felt like venting. I'll not scribe another word on the subject.

Now forgetting all of that unplesentness. Dance pink-one dance
<('.'<) <(' .' )> <( '.')> (>'.')> <(•.•^)

OrchestraHc
2013-07-03, 02:07 PM
Fun Fact of the day: Historically pirates were extremely democratic, dedicated as a whole to the crew rather than the captain or ship. The captain only held the supreme power we know them for, in times of combat, for the sake of speed from command to action. Non-combat decisions were made between the captain and elected sub-officers.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 05:40 PM
Hullo to the Wall! Ah am Hubert "Chuckles" O'Reilly, First Mate of the Crone's Claw. Ah'm jus' here te give an apology fer th' Cap'n. Cap'n don't mean any harm, please leave him be...

Cap'n Clegg Thenardier, ah am bound to the Claw, indirectly te yerself. If'n yer goin' te put her in harm's way, ah will have to disregard yer orders. Sir.

"Durkon, you know that you don't have to transcribe your accent, right?"

Ye are not to talk to me in this way, O'Reilly. I am your Captain, and it is I who found ye and The Crone's Claw, and took yer old Captain's place. You are bound to order me. Forced to obey my... Every command. Mutineers? Oh no... Mutineers suffer on my ship. Extensively.

I will however, not be bringing her into battle. One on one. What do Ye say!

Hattish Thing
2013-07-03, 08:11 PM
Aaaaattention all villains of The Nexus! Do you have trouble getting started? Are your schemes constantly foiled by those meddling kids? Well, I think I may have the answer to all your dreams. No matter what your motive; World Domination, General ********, or Pyschopath, come to meet me at The Ritzzz Casino & Club, to audition for funding from me, your host.

Come with something to prove your worthy of my funding, please. Open fire on me or threaten me, and you will be shot many times. Right, Kal?

ThePhantom
2013-07-03, 09:15 PM
Okay, that is stupid. You put things like that through word of mouth, not set up on the wall. For such stupidity, I should put a curse on you.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-03, 09:18 PM
Okay, that is stupid. You put things like that through word of mouth, not set up on the wall. For such stupidity, I should put a curse on you.

You should, and it would make us all happier if you did, fine sir. Especially if it was funny.

The Bushranger
2013-07-03, 09:25 PM
On this spot on the wall, it seems somebody has put a pinup poster...of Becky.
It's quite...racy.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-04, 12:24 AM

No, not stupidity. Confidence. I am a very confident man.

Zefir
2013-07-04, 01:01 AM
On this spot on the wall, it seems somebody has put a pinup poster...of Becky.
It's quite...racy.

"More"

"Oh and The Ritzzz Casino & Club seems to be dead. Mr. Ritzz don't seem to react to people talking to him" ((POKE?))

Ashen Lilies
2013-07-04, 01:33 AM
Next to the Becky poster, someone has put up a photoshopped (proffesionally done and highly realistic) pinup poster of Magtok, wearing the exact same clothes and in the same pose as Becky.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-04, 01:36 AM
"More"

"Oh and The Ritzzz Casino & Club seems to be dead. Mr. Ritzz don't seem to react to people talking to him" ((POKE?))

Mr. Ritz's player was out of ideas on what to do there. :smallannoyed: It's better now.

Zefir
2013-07-04, 03:56 AM
Next to the Becky poster, someone has put up a photoshopped (proffesionally done and highly realistic) pinup poster of Magtok, wearing the exact same clothes and in the same pose as Becky.

"Ahh My eyes NOOOO"

"Sometimes Mr ritz you may do what people offer instead of trying to find something yourself."

RyanKoopa
2013-07-04, 10:16 AM
Oh I'm a coward and a worm alright, and I like it that way. What point is there to fighting with you. To supply your hurt ego with ammunition? Hah, you wish! I don't have the power to fight you directly anyway. Of course if you do find a way to confront me... lets just say I don't play fair...

Lord Magtok
2013-07-04, 10:23 AM
Next to the Becky poster, someone has put up a photoshopped (professionally done and highly realistic) pinup poster of Magtok, wearing the exact same clothes and in the same pose as Becky.

You're a terrible person and should feel bad about yourself. Also, that's either photoshopped or done with a shapeshifter.

Recaiden
2013-07-24, 11:00 AM
You're a terrible person and should feel bad about yourself. Also, that's either photoshopped or done with a shapeshifter.

"It looks pretty accurate to me."

And to all who read this part of the wall, I place the Green Hair Curse upon you. Your hair will be the color of this chalk until you shout at the top of your lung for a minute "I'm a cute pretty princess and I love the color pink." Enjoy, you arguementive bunch.

"Yeah green hair!"

Darkcomet
2013-07-26, 09:04 PM
For the destruction of an Evolution Industries gunship, the death of an Evolution Security officer who will go unnamed by the request of his remaining family, the aerial attack on the Class 3 Reactor in Westside, and the infection of several Evolution Industries employees by plague, Evolution Industries hereby places a- [VAGUE NOT TOO CRAZY AMOUNT OF MONEY] -on the death or capture of known AMEN members*. If anyone captures or kills their leader and brings proof forward, we will commission a custom suit of armor incorporating the finest technology we have for their personal use.

*Magtoks do not count, on account of an individual Magtok being no major loss to AMEN. Exceptions may apply if evidence is present to prove that the Magtok was captured or killed while aiding AMEN operations.

ThePhantom
2013-07-26, 09:20 PM
Sir, you do know that this will likely cause people to lose their lives in pursuit of your money. AMENites are dangerous, there's a reason why we rely on the ARCO's and Remnant to deal with them.

Terumitsu
2013-07-26, 09:26 PM
If you think people die on the spot after accepting a bounty then you must not know how these things work. It's a risk/reward thing, dude/ette! It's not like dungeon delving is any safer. Else, why would Treasure Hunter be a prestigious title?

Darkcomet
2013-07-26, 09:30 PM
I am aware of the risks.

However, evidence suggests that Remnant at least is not interested in attempting to put them down, having attempted to placate them before. This mentality limits the ability of the Council Powers to do much of anything about the problem until AMEN inevitably turns toward Inside once again, considering Commander Vasquez is likely to block any proposed moves against AMEN before that point.

Recent attitudes in Riverside also indicate that the major powers chose to placate AMEN rather than decisively deal with the problem. They gave them what was once Southside to build a new fortress on, which I believe to have been an incredibly shortsighted mistake.

Therefore, I have little choice but to go outside those sets of powers to deal with the problem. Unlike some, I'm not going to let my people die meaninglessly. Should AMEN choose to retaliate against Evolution Industries as a result of this, they will do so knowing that our main operations are in areas well-covered by the Council and Riverside Powers. Attacking within their territory will only ensure that even more retaliation is directed at AMEN.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-26, 10:26 PM
Counterargument 1: AMEN has no desire to have anything to do with Inside or its governance, now that Gordon has been deposed. This is common knowledge, evidenced by their actions since the regime change, stated purposes for the shift in leadership, and immediate abdication of AMEN's seat on the Inside Council. Claiming that a turn towards Inside is 'inevitable' is little more than fear-mongering and propaganda. Lies to turn the public against us shouldn't be necessary when we're talking about an Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious, and I would like to politely ask that you stop.

Counterargument Dos: You shot first, Han. I have recordings from the day of your pre-emptive strike, where your tanks assassinated a Magtok who was within the city on unrelated business. Councilwoman Mithar's claim that the presence of a Magtok in Riverside at the time was a threat to the city is preposterous; MagCorp has had a mutually beneficial relationship with the city of Riverside since long before even the regime change within the Association, as Westside's leadership can attest. Before half of the current factions as work were even within the city, for that matter. A Magtok within the city of Riverside was nothing to raise an eyebrow over, much less an excuse to shoot me no less than sixty times in the chest.

You are the one inviting further conflict, DC. Stoking the flames, so to speak. While you've been stomping your foot in rage, mobilizing your soldiers and ejecting bile from your orifices, we've been content to build decidedly non-military structures, wall off our territory from would-be invaders such as yourself, and party. We may be malicious, yes, and evil, too. Nefarious as well, but we are not the aggressors here.

That's not to say we don't accept your challenge, of course. I couldn't possibly turn down an invitation like that, all bundled up in slights against me personally. I'm merely here to say that there is a proper way to champion justice and morality, and that this isn't it. You let pride guide you, instead of a more noble motivating force, and others will bear the consequences for that. I'm Magtok, of course I'm going to be petty about insults like this, everyone knows how I am about that sort of thing. So enjoy your inevitable collateral damage, you sick ****. You deserve it.

Darkcomet
2013-07-26, 10:54 PM
One: Because AMENites are clearly known for their discretion? Official goals or not, the membership is composed of aggressive psychopaths, Magtok. Even if they're under orders not to act in Inside, how well do you think that will really go? Official AMEN business or no, the madmen you call associates can't be controlled like that. You may temporarily direct them, but they'll still do all the same things they would otherwise eventually.

They will do it because they're bored. That's what they do. And even if Inside is somehow miraculously spared any attention from any AMENite, that justifies nothing. You are all still performing such vile acts as unleashing plagues on people that did nothing to you, in the name of conquest. How are your business figures faring in Westside after that, incidentally? I can't imagine it's going very well, what with you being a part of that.

Two: Yeeees, because clearly I should have included a 'hey, ignore Magtok' condition in that 'keep AMENites out of here' order. Because clearly that wouldn't have let you abuse anything to sabotage defense efforts on AMEN's behalf AT ALL.

If I'm the only one who sees the problem there, I'm going to eat this energy converter. Why, exactly, should we trust that the clone killed there was not on AMEN business, when said clone was there during an AMEN attack? The answer is that there is no reason to do so. What happened was your own damned fault for not realizing that 'hey, someone might take issue with AMENites here right now'.

The fact that AMEN has been allowed to survive after all it has done is a mistake, and an insult to justice beyond that. Is it unique in that? Hell no, and I think you and I both know who else I mean by that. But at least this one is something I can do something about.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-26, 11:18 PM
Even if you don't care about the morality involved in cold-blooded murder, you still have to admit that interrogation and/or capture of that clone would've been a great deal more productive. We both know you have the capacity to do such a thing. We also know that AMEN activity in Inside has been absolutely nonexistent since the power struggle, so I'd have to say that 'controlling the psychopaths' is going especially well, and shows no signs of taking a turn for the worse. As I said, fear-mongering and propaganda aren't needed here. Let's stick to the facts here, please.

Here's another pair of facts, incidentally. Bounties in the Nexus have a notorious habit of going unfulfilled, like my attempt at thinning the Reinholdt herd has proven. Additionally, AMEN's commander Ilpholin is a member of Watchtower, as is her girlfriend. Both can be seen in and around your organization quite frequently. Care to explain why you need to hire outsiders to kill the woman who rooms just down the hall from you? Hell, why not just hold the girlfriend at gunpoint, and open negotiations with that? We've already confirmed that morality isn't what's at issue here, right?

Your story is as full of holes as your head, DC. You're hiding things from the public, and making up stories to whip people who would otherwise not care about Riverside into some sort of fear-frenzy. If I'm guilty for association with Associates, so are you. Maybe even more so, since I'm not the one exploiting this whole situation for money. When I'm done with Excelsior, you can expect a sternly-worded letter in the mail, containing all my grievances with you, your corporation, and your organization. Also anthrax, because why not.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-26, 11:21 PM
If you really think you rich power company lounge lizards can hire some schmoes to off AMENites, you obviously have no clue what we are. And, ya know, just to show you how completely unafraid we are, I give you a picture of my rotting ass. Kiss it.

Sure enough... a nude picture of Clegg's backside is posted on the wall in all it's undead glory.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-26, 11:24 PM
Ooh. That bit about Ilpholin and WATCH sounds pretty damning.

... But Magtok's still a smelly ol' butt who needs to deal with the fact there's actually consequences for associating with an Org that's got 'Evil' right in the name. Who would thunk it?

EDIT: And speaking of smelly ol butt... Ewwwwww.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-26, 11:25 PM

Okay look, I'll trade you Clegg to kill or torture or whatever you want to do to him, but in exchange I want you to use your psychics to have the memory of that photo wiped clean from my brain for the rest of time. :smallyuk:

Devixer
2013-07-26, 11:25 PM
You didn't show us that you are unafraid, you showed us that you're an idiot who vastly underestimates your opponents. No different from before, I suppose.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-26, 11:28 PM

Okay look, I'll trade you Clegg to kill or torture or whatever you want to do to him, but in exchange I want you to use your psychics to have the memory of that photo wiped clean from my brain for the rest of time. :smallyuk:

You know quite well my ship is valuable. And I'm also actually useful, if you or Ilpholin ever gave me the chance to DO something. But no! I was on guarding AMEN duty.

Can't kill me. Torture doesn't work well on an undead. I don't underestimate anyone, I just know I'm better than most of you.

Devixer
2013-07-26, 11:30 PM
You overestimate yourself, then. And I'm glad you're being honest with yourself and not refuting statements regarding your stupidity.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-26, 11:31 PM

And next to this little chestnut, some enterprising fellow with a smidgeon of skill and access to basic image editing technology has added a third poster to the series. It's exactly the same as the above, only with Clegg's butt shopped over Maggie's face.

Darkcomet
2013-07-26, 11:36 PM
One, I fail to understand how stopping AMEN is cold-blooded murder. Really, I do. It's not as if you don't broadcast your guilt to everyone constantly by means of the organization's very name. Stopping AMEN is a service to everyone. Well, except AMEN.

But that part with Ilpholin is curious, isn't it? Personally I'm inclined to think all this crap with the supposed 'Ilpholin duplicates' is a plot, but unfortunately, the others will stay my trigger finger. I really don't know why they bought into that, I don't think it's a very good story. Of course, I never really trusted her anyway, so there you go. I don't think that makes much sense either, why don't you ask 'yours' about it?

((That and his player isn't that much of an ass, so he just has him assume that.))

Also, were I trying to make money, I don't think I would be offering anyone else payouts. That doesn't make much sense, try again. If I was doing that I'd probably be pushing envirosuit advertisements everywhere and going 'protect your loved ones from plagues!'

Hattish Thing
2013-07-26, 11:43 PM
You overestimate yourself, then. And I'm glad you're being honest with yourself and not refuting statements regarding your stupidity.

And next to this little chestnut, some enterprising fellow with a smidgeon of skill and access to basic image editing technology has added a third poster to the series. It's exactly the same as the above, only with Clegg's butt shopped over Maggie's face.

If you got it, flaunt it.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-26, 11:51 PM
Killing a MagClone has nothing to do with stopping AMEN, it's just simple sadism. Let's not pretend I'm some master saboteur, or amazing supersoldier, or some other thing where the death of a clone is a quantifiable loss for AMEN. I'm their diplomat, I deal with situations like this by raising my voice or coming up with some clever scheme for someone else to employ; I don't fart grenades at you like Enshadu or Prometheus would. All that killing me does is inflict harm upon me individually, and goad me towards action against you.

Anyways, let me make sure I have this right. You stubbornly refuse to harm Ilpholin, who is leader of AMEN and mastermind behind the supposed Riverside invasion, and instead open fire on me instead. Because that's going to stop AMEN somehow. Because the rest of WATCH told you so. How much is Excelsior paying you guys for this, anyways?

Darkcomet
2013-07-26, 11:57 PM
Were 'yours' there and in my men's gunsights, believe me, they would have tried quite a lot. I left the area most of AMEN arrived in to the other powers in Riverside, which was, apparently, a mistake, judging from the capitulation that ensued.

And-what? Really? This again? I thought we were done with the mad accusations at the last Council meeting. Should I call Cessie so she can repeat herself?

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-26, 11:57 PM
Pff. Like we need to pay people to kill ya.

They line up to do it all on their own, without us even asking most times.
And they've been doing it before all this nonsense too. People've always been happy to kill ya an always will be as long as you keep showing that ugly mug of yours.

So why don't you just shut up already? You're not going to convince anyone and all this conversation amounts to is you kicking and screaming and acting like an idiot.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-27, 12:04 AM
Pff. Like we need to pay people to kill ya.

They line up to do it all on their own, without us even asking most times.
And they've been doing it before all this nonsense too. People've always been happy to kill ya an always will be as long as you keep showing that ugly mug of yours.

So why don't you just shut up already? You're not going to convince anyone and all this conversation amounts to is you kicking and screaming and acting like an idiot.

Face it Maggot, we're behind everything.

Darkcomet
2013-07-27, 12:14 AM
You just had to mention those idiots, didn't you.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-27, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I'm just trying to find some justification for shooting on the one and only hope you had of resolving matters with AMEN with a minimum of bloodshed. Murdering the only AMENite who could benefit from maintaining the status quo in Riverside, and thus would have ample reason to support you in seeking out an appropriate resolution between both sides. Y'know, just looking for an explanation that doesn't make you look like an enormous idiot.

At least if you were temporarily allied with Excelsior, we could justify it as pitting two of your enemies against one another or something. Beat up the survivor and crown yourself king and junk after they're dead. I could believe that, and I wouldn't hold it quite so much against you as I do your most recent rash of actions and shoddy explanations, since at least it'd make sense in a 'ends justify the means' Watchtower philosophy sort of way.

Really, DC. Anyone with eyes can tell I go out of my way to keep MagCorp disentangled from AMEN affairs. I look out for myself first, and AMEN second, and that's no surprise to anyone, much less my fellow AMENites. You're the only one here who doesn't seem to get that. When you slapped me in the face, you didn't slap AMEN in the face, you slapped me in the face, and slapping me in the face has consequences all of its own. Excelsior is currently learning all about those consequences as we speak, but when their turn is over, I'll be coming for you next, assuming you haven't atoned for your indiscretions by then.

Here, I'll even be extra-nice, and give you a suggestion as to how you could make it up to me, since it's clear you're dreadfully new to this whole 'diplomacy' thing. Just send over a copy of your Riverside reactor's blueprints, and maybe that suit you promised to anyone who kills Ilpholin, and I'll call it even. Really, ego-bruising aside, I think that's a pretty sweet deal, given what you're facing if you keep at this whole militaristic jerkwad thing.

tl;dr version: You killed me, so I'm going to get around to doing the same to you, unless you can swallow your pride and make a proper apology for it. AMEN and everyone else is irrelevant to this situation.

... But Magtok's still a smelly ol' butt who needs to deal with the fact there's actually consequences for associating with an Org that's got 'Evil' right in the name. Who would thunk it?

Holy **** I am drowning in an ocean of your hypocrisy right now. You're an ex-AMENite who wanted to nuke Inside to death with viruses and junk, and you're currently leeching all your best stuff off Enshadu of all people, who is about as friendly and heroic a robot as the Terminator 1 Arnold. You of all people think you can talk about consequences for hanging out with evil? Raptor Christ.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-27, 09:55 AM
Wowza. You know, I think we could stop the invasion right now and just watch everyone you've insulted since **** hit the fan come kick your teeth in.

Hattish Thing
2013-07-27, 12:37 PM
Wowza. You know, I think we could stop the invasion right now and just watch everyone you've insulted since **** hit the fan come kick your teeth in.

We could film it and save it. I still fantasize over Ilpholin busting Magtok's half-metal balls. We could film all his enemies attacking him at once. Sorta like a porno. Then we can post it everywhere. It'll great.

And Maggot, that's mean. I'm no terminator.

OrchestraHc
2013-07-27, 12:44 PM
Woah! Keep your kinks to yourself, Metallo.

Children view this board!

XoXo Blondie

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-27, 12:57 PM
Yeah!
Like me!

No more posting here, ever. That's an order!

happyturtle
2013-07-27, 01:04 PM
We could film all his enemies attacking him at once. Sorta like a porno.

Porn does not work that way.

The Alexandrian
2013-07-27, 01:08 PM
Rofl!

You're in a major, childish snit just because I assaulted your precious reactor. It wasn't like I tried to cause it to explode in a massive blast of energy or anything.

You yourself claimed that you value the lives of your people. By meddling in AMENite affairs which you had no valid reason to be involved in aside from elevating your already lofty status with the citizens of Riverside with daring (risky) heroics wherein your forces fired upon AMENites unprovoked, you willingly put your men's lives on the line, and ultimately, their commanders are responsible for their deaths, not AMEN or Magtok. You went on the offensive first, practically begging on your hands and knees for high value Evolution targets to be painted for attack so that Riverside's military assets would be diverted to their locations thus pulling the heat away from our ground teams.

You lost a ship and a couple soldiers. We lost my ship and a bunch of soldiers, but you don't see me throwing a tantrum about it. In short, while you might be saving face with those members of the public without even a rudimentary understanding of the most elementary tactics, to the rest of us, you're proving that your leadership capability is minimal at best, shamelessly shifting the blame away from yourself rather than owning up to your mistakes and perhaps incurring the umbrage of the public but earning the respect of your people and your opponents.

If you aren't willing to accept responsibility for the blood shed as a direct result of your actions (nobody forced your hand) then perhaps you shouldn't have done what you did. In any case, it's over now, but I swear that if you continue to deceitfully strut down the twisted path you have chosen, angrily kicking a sleeping beast all the while, you will eventually succeed in waking her, and you stand to lose much more than she does in the violent struggle which shall indubitably follow. I do not speak for AMEN, but I'm personally warning you here and now that if that day comes, the blood we shall so eagerly shed in our deadly game will stain your hands redder than mine, for I will defend me and what little is mine against you and what plenty is your's at any and all costs.

Darkcomet
2013-07-27, 01:39 PM
I just want to point out how stupidly backwards this is. The AMENites are moralizing. This is no doubt nothing besides a pathetic attempt at getting out of finally having some consequence to their actions. For too long, they've thought they could just hole up in their little base and lash out at anyone with no consequences. I can't be the only one who thinks it's time we changed that.

Secondly, to Magtok specifically: I cannot and will not hand out blueprints or any technology to you. You have already proven your rather malicious intentions toward us, and let's not pretend I started it: You did, when you tried to help a demon infiltrate our base. That is where this started, not with me, and perhaps you should realize what association with the likes of her and AMEN will get you.

Shot.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-27, 07:03 PM
Holy **** I am drowning in an ocean of your hypocrisy right now. You're an ex-AMENite who wanted to nuke Inside to death with viruses and junk, and you're currently leeching all your best stuff off Enshadu of all people, who is about as friendly and heroic a robot as the Terminator 1 Arnold. You of all people think you can talk about consequences for hanging out with evil? Raptor Christ.

Wut is this I dun even.

Right now Magtok, you're whining on and on about how mean DC shot you but you totally weren't planning anything at all bad, pinky promise. If you can't see how stupidly hypocritical that is, welp, I guess I'm gonna have to beat it into your skull in person. You can't just wake up and decide that you're gonna be Mr. CEO of MagCorp one day and Mr. AMENite Scumbag the next, and expect everyone to forget what you did while you had the other suit on.

You're an AMENite. You were in a warzone. Make a little paper medal for yourself and shaddup.

Now us, we're at least honest about it. We're planning to pretty well ruin the day of anybody who opposes us, but we're not the rampaging monsters you want to make us look. We're, for instance, definitely not planning any stupid massacres that do nothing but kill a lot of non-coms and make everyone else mad at us. 'Cause that's stupid.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-27, 09:24 PM
You have already proven your rather malicious intentions toward us, and let's not pretend I started it: You did, when you tried to help a demon infiltrate our base. That is where this started, not with me, and perhaps you should realize what association with the likes of her and AMEN will get you.

Shot.

No, I'm pretty sure you've had this irrational desire to kill me since long before then. Reasonably certain I can dig up some video evidence of a Watchtower-sponsered invasion of the MagCave to prove it, too.

Honestly, I don't know why your organization has always had it out for me. Your group was founded to fight fire with fire, to shun the ways of the paladin in favor of a more pragmatic approach to stopping evil. Working with me against evil is the very definition of that sort of dark pragmatism, yet at every opportunity to do so, like in apocalypses or against AMEN's supposed expansionist policies, you've been screaming 'Don't touch, he's evil! EEEEEEEEVIIIIIL!' and spitting in my face. Your organization is on better terms with Reinholdt than it is with me, and last I checked, I didn't have a kill count even a tenth as long as his. That I've finally opted to stop fooling around and just end you isn't a surprise to anyone; the shock is that it's taken me this goddamn long to do it.

As for the Excelsior spokesman, the MagCave is a private residence that under normal conditions would be filled to the brim with noncombatants. To insist that your invasion is free of war crimes is tantamount to denying that the sky is blue. If you had your way, multiple innocents would be, at best, homeless and starving in the streets. At worst, toys for your perverse robot friend. And once again, the reason you hate me is because I didn't let you attempt to sack Inside, a city positively swimming with non-coms. You sided with Gordon because you wanted Inside to burn. You're exactly the rampaging monsters I make you out to be.

Oh! One last thing: Implied species-ism. There are perfectly nice demons who aren't terrible, awful monsters. The one we're talking about might or might not be, and you should point out what this one did that was so bad, so people can tell you have a reason to hate her, and that you're not just a huge prejudiced jerk.

ThePhantom
2013-07-27, 09:31 PM
Arr, the captain didn't want the city to burn. Anyways, ye all are jerks, and the afterlife won't be fun for any of you when ye get there.

Darkcomet
2013-07-27, 09:49 PM
Believe me, were Reinholdt within my power to eliminate, I would do it. Happily, considering it's rather personal for me! But he has GLoG's protection, unfortunately, and believe me, I did try to do something about that. Ask Quinn if you won't take my word for it. She was sadly rather stubborn about it.

His survival has hinged on making friends in high places, much like yours, come to think of it. Unlike yours, his friends in high places shockingly aren't a bunch of psychopaths and terrorists.

As for the accusations of speciesism, kidnapping and mind control of our members count, I believe. I wasn't actually involved in that operation besides dealing with the aforementioned mind control. Beyond that, I don't think anyone with a demonstrated willingness to try to kill one of us, as she showed, would ever back off for something so...petty. That story of yours made about as much sense as GLoG's sheltering of Reinholdt, which is to say, none at all.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-27, 09:55 PM
Riiight. The noncoms in your base right now. Who've had a full weeks worth of warning to get the hell out of there before we showed.
If there's any still in there, tough. Their choice.
I'm not saying we'll go out of our way to shoot 'em, but I can't promise nuthin.

As for Gordy, he wanted to rule. Not massacre. Or maybe he did want to eat everybody and somehow kept that a secret, but somehow, I'm doubting it.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-27, 10:08 PM
Jezebel's account of the events seemed to involve an awful lot of trespassing and murder on Watch's part, but as I was neither there nor paying very much attention when she told me what happened, I'm just going to nod and thank you for clarifying there. An argument for another time, with another faction.

Also, you're mistaken on the 'not psychopaths and terrorists' bit. True, they're not as bad as AMEN, but GLoG's got a wacko or two as well. Shrike, the Good League's Council member? She was part of the Exalted zombie apocalypse. I think Tobias is rumored to be something of a crazy for-the-greater-good sociopath type too, but I dunno. Honestly, I don't really think he's half as bad as he wants people to think he is.

Also, who even cares what Gordon wanted? Gordon's motives aren't even close to relevant, what's relevant is that you and Gordy wanted us to pay attention to Inside, and common sense said otherwise. You were developing a bioweapon to dump in Inside's water supply; that's as vicious as it gets when it comes to non-com deaths! I have the memory log of it and everything, if you want me to prove it.

Darkcomet
2013-07-27, 10:34 PM
I cannot speak further on the matter of Jezebel, as I, again, was not closely involved with that. Everything I have said stands.

As for Shrike...I will need to verify that.

I was busy coordinating Evolution Security in assisting Imperial defense forces during that event. Unfortunately, the assault was enough that I was unable to personally deal with those who caused it.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-27, 10:54 PM
Meh. Dig up the logs if you want, but I know nothing about it so it must've been Riv.

And he's dead. Not really expecting that'll do much for calming down those he's pissed off, but we're not doing what he would've done. Which includes no biowarfare on the general pop.

That said? I'm dropping this little line of conversation. We can pick up again when you stop using it to distract from your own little foibles.

Lord Magtok
2013-07-28, 09:23 AM
I'm not trying to distract from my own foibles. I'm trying to present DC with his own, whilst remaining entirely honest about my desire to see him dead if he continues to goad and insult me. Full disclosure, I would very much like to find a way into Watchtower's good graces someday, though I admit I don't believe it to be possible. My information network is the best there is, even with MagSat downed, and if we were on better terms and had a more open exchange of intelligence, plenty of deaths could've been prevented in one apocalypse or another. Their missions against slavers could go better if they had someone with the stomach to go on the inside and do what it takes to actually fit in with those types, and let's not kid ourselves here, the improvements to my own tech would be fairly substantial, too.

It'd be win-win, and all it would take to make everyone that much happier and safer would be for Watch to meet me halfway on things. Again, I fully admit to being evil, but I'm a necessary evil. A net profit for good, if you can make it worth my while, and why wouldn't you? I don't pretend to lack an ulterior motive, I'm greedy and selfish as sin, of course, but seeing all this potential to help the hero-types go to waste, well...it's just sad, is what it is.

I'm a fickle, easily manipulated scoundrel practically begging for an excuse to sell secrets, and everyone with use for my information has more than enough shiny toys to afford it. Clinging to some imagined code of honor instead of exploiting the weasely information broker for every last precious secret in his vault...it's silly. I could tell you where Ilpholin buys her clothing and then recommend a brand of nanobot spy to hide in her cleavage, tell you which AMENite is the most sensitive to mind control shenanigans, or even telewarp you right past all our security so you could just cut the crap and go guns blazing in the blink of an eye. I could do all of these things and more, but I won't, because I hate WATCH's guts right now, and present-day AMEN has been good to me. Me and Ilpholin don't always see eye-to-eye, but she's yet to murder me for it, no matter what Enshadu's creepy fetishes might imply.

That Watch and DC insist upon throwing lives away by treating me like an irredeemable scoundrel is disappointing, and leaves me with nobody except maybe Remnant to do favors for. You'll note that I have a pretty long history of doing that, by the way. With Remnant you always know you'll get a fair deal, even if they're not particularly nice about it, but Watch won't even hold their fire if you try talking to them. One little incident involving an early attempt at removing Gordon aside, which I reluctantly accepted the consequences of, I believe things with the Remmies have been fairly positive, to the point that I can trust them with my own son, and on occasion they've allowed me into their compound without so much as an arrest or a cavity search, despite my terrorist status. It's why I got the 'special treatment' the other Council members were crying about. Hardly anyone ever helped Remnant out except when it was convenient for them, whereas I did so at my own expense, because I could tell I was working with pragmatists who'd make my magnanimous gesture worth my while.

As for Excelsior's last point, Riv created those smelly monkeys, and everything about them sprout forth fully formed from his own two hands. Memories, personalities, orders to invade the MagCave, etcetera, etcetera. I'll believe in your supposed code of honor just as soon as I start seeing proof. Things like not pinning someone to a table and raping their brain. Or using mind control and/or reprogramming to enslave others. I can't say that Enshadu doesn't deserve it, since I have doubts that Enshadu is even totally sentient, but Zane could maybe make a halfway tolerable NO merc if he were ever let off his leash. Depending on how well he contains his pyro urges, I mean. Casual amorality for the sketchier contracts Dipsnig won't let his golden boys touch.

ThirdEmperor
2013-07-28, 09:52 AM
Blah blah blah.

Blah.

Still haven't addressed my point.

happyturtle
2013-07-28, 10:15 AM
I'm fascinated at how both Magtok and Excelsior are able to have in depth, philosophical debates about morality whilst dodging the bullets they're presumably firing at each other at this very moment.

Hey, that reminds me, why isn't this invasion being televised? I got the good popcorn!

Lord Magtok
2013-07-28, 05:31 PM
I'd love to, but Enshadu insists on overpowering my radio broadcasts, and I can't risk revealing classified security stuff to the Nexus at large via television news channels. Once it's all over I can get you a tastefully censored director's cut of the war, though.

As for my presence here, I'm keeping a small supply of resources outside the Cave, on the off-chance that things go awry. If things do get that nasty, I'll either be called upon to provide backup, or rebuild elsewhere. Probably not happening, though. Excelsior doesn't really have much in the way of bioweapon defenses.

Aric Kale
2013-07-29, 11:33 AM
Zane could maybe make a halfway tolerable NO merc if he were ever let off his leash. Depending on how well he contains his pyro urges, I mean. Casual amorality for the sketchier contracts Dipsnig won't let his golden boys touch.

Thanks Mag, that means a lot. I'll look into after Enshadu gets himself killed. Or maybe just after the MagInvasion...

Haruki-kun
2013-07-29, 11:37 AM
You people take "Wall of Text" to a whole new level.

The Bushranger
2013-07-29, 05:02 PM
...He CoMeS...

OrchestraHc
2013-07-29, 05:05 PM
He GoEs

SeRiOuSlY, yOu GoInG tO gIvE uS mOrE iNfO tHaN tHaT?

XoXo BlOnDiE

5a Violista
2013-07-29, 05:38 PM
I'lL bEt ThAt He'S a FaMoUs RoCkStAr.
CaN i GeT hIs AuToGrApH? Please?
-- Fangirl # 2

Darkcomet
2013-07-29, 05:51 PM
Writing like that does not make you look 'cool'. I believe the more appropriate term would be 'tool'.

Rhyming unintentional.

Ashen Lilies
2013-07-29, 11:39 PM
...He CoMeS...

And he only lasted, like, thirty seconds, too! Ugh... worst night I've ever had.

Zefir
2013-07-30, 03:05 AM
Maybe this is only part of the text? I edit it.

HeRe CoMeS THE RAINBOW

Shadowcaller
2013-08-03, 11:37 AM
Having trouble with legal issues?
Do people keep breaking the contracts you made with them thanks to the lack of law enforcer in the nexus?
Do you feel you're controlled by chaotic idiots with "bigger weapons"?

We at SHEOL INCORPORATED. offer you a chance to turn the tables and take back control of your life.
Our company have thousands of years of experience making blood deals and making sure people keep them.
But why stop there? Our company has been able to gather the blood of nearly every living soul in the multiverse thanks to our trusty multidimensional gatherers. If we don't have the blood you want we can guarantee that we will have it in a day from the time you request it.

So why turn your back on a chance like this? If you don't take control of your life, maybe someone else will. So give us a call at 090-666-13-69

SHEOL INCORPORATED - SEALING BLOOD DEALS SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN

((Or PM me.))

Devixer
2013-08-03, 12:12 PM
Well I, for one, don't think this is shady at all.

The Bushranger
2013-08-10, 09:28 PM
Weren't they previously known as Ackbar's Perfectly Safe Legal Advice?

Shadowcaller
2013-08-11, 08:20 AM
Well I, for one, don't think this is shady at all.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/28241014-2a6f-4e01-a05f-eb9e7417f517_zps3e2a5177.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/Seweron/media/28241014-2a6f-4e01-a05f-eb9e7417f517_zps3e2a5177.jpg.html)Shemol the SHEOL DEVIL says:

"SHEOL INC. is just earning their livelihood so those who work here can feed all their kids. Remember, to be a business SHEOL INC. must build up a trust to their customers otherwise they wouldn't be here anymore." :frown:

Weren't they previously known as Ackbar's Perfectly Safe Legal Advice?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/28241014-2a6f-4e01-a05f-eb9e7417f517_zps3e2a5177.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/Seweron/media/28241014-2a6f-4e01-a05f-eb9e7417f517_zps3e2a5177.jpg.html)Shemol the SHEOL DEVIL says:

"I might not old enough to understand what you mean miss or sir but they do offer a wonderful senior discounts at SHEOL INC!" :smile:

Ashen Lilies
2013-08-11, 08:45 AM
I trust them. They sound legit.

Reinholdt
2013-08-11, 08:57 AM
I'll buy from them. Too cute.

Hey Magtok! Where's your adorable company mascot?

Darkcomet
2013-08-11, 01:12 PM
Our company mascot is our competitor trolling adbot.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-11, 06:07 PM
Hey Magtok! Where's your adorable company mascot?

He died in a marching accident.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-11, 06:20 PM
Anyone else think devilish contract lawyers is a little too on the nose.

XoXo Blondie

The Bushranger
2013-08-11, 08:10 PM
Did his successor die in an apriling incident?

Aric Kale
2013-08-11, 09:38 PM
Oddly enough, he died in a Februaring accident...

Darkcomet
2013-08-12, 03:27 AM
1/10, did not laugh. Not even all the humans use the same dating system, make a joke more people are likely to understand. I had to look that up!

And don't drag it into the ground with repetition, either, purple.

Aric Kale
2013-08-12, 12:18 PM
Hello, kind sir, I don't appreciate your negative usage of the dark green hue.

Bite me.

Darkcomet
2013-08-12, 02:41 PM
I don't appreciate your use of it to criticize my quest for understandable humor, either.

Is it too much to ask for jokes I can understand without having to look up antiquated alien dating systems?

BladeofObliviom
2013-08-12, 02:59 PM
If you decide that a joke isn't funny because it's outside of your cultural context, then logically this should apply to all cultures.

Thus eliminating all but the lowest of lowbrow humor, since no clever wordplay, pun, or entertaining story can exist that would be applicable to every culture in the Nexus.

Nice going there; now we all have to live with fart jokes and schadenfreude because anything clever is culturally insensitive.

Cheers.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

Gullara
2013-08-12, 03:11 PM
If you decide that a joke isn't funny because it's outside of your cultural context, then logically this should apply to all cultures.

Thus eliminating all but the lowest of lowbrow humor, since no clever wordplay, pun, or entertaining story can exist that would be applicable to every culture in the Nexus.

Nice going there; now we all have to live with fart jokes and schadenfreude because anything clever is culturally insensitive.

Cheers.

~ The Heart of Iniquity

This section of the Wall mysteriously smells like fart.

Darkcomet
2013-08-12, 03:29 PM
One could always use jokes based on events and such in the Nexus and-...

Now that? That smell? That is offensive.

The Bushranger
2013-08-12, 11:10 PM
I guess you could say that joke was a real gas.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-12, 11:16 PM
That joke was bad and you should feel bad.

The Bushranger
2013-08-13, 10:49 PM
Bad? Why not Magtok?

Darkcomet
2013-08-13, 10:55 PM
Key phrase detected: 'Why not Magtok?'

Magtok, the head of MagCorp, is a known member of the terrorist group known as the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. Don't support terrorism!

The Bushranger
2013-08-13, 10:58 PM
I think the only terror involved there is his own.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-13, 11:15 PM
Don't quit your day job, Teal.

RyanKoopa
2013-08-14, 04:41 PM
OOC: The banter between LordMagtok and Darkcomet is great. Keep it up! :D

Anybody need a mercenary to do some shady business? I'm available for the right price.

Gullara
2013-08-14, 05:05 PM
Darkcomet is great. Keep it up! :D
Anybody need a mercenary to do some shady business? I'm available for the right price.

I figure you're new or haven't heard, so here's some advice. The Neutralist Organization runs the mercenary union around here. You'll want one of our licences if you're looking to get into the mercenary business around these parts.

We take a small fee off the top of your profits, but we offer quite a few benefits in return. Come to one of our offices in Inside or Riverside, or the NO base itself when you want to get set up with us. Here's all the info on this flier.

As you all know, the Nexus has been crawling with adventurers for as long as anyone can remember. There's always plenty of people solving other people's problems for money - be they adventurers, mercenaries, bodyguards or troubleshooters.

The thing is, there's no organization to it. Never has been. The teeming masses of problem-solvers just find jobs, often with disreputable employers. Sometimes they're thoroughly unprofessional and fail or betray their employers.

One would think someone should do something about it, and one would be correct. Which is where we come in. The Neutralist Organization has been working for the people of the Nexus for years - never taking sides, completing contracts and gathering experience and information. That means we have the experience, contacts and resources to change the current unfortunate state of affairs.

From now on, the Neutralist Organization will start issuing Official NO Licenses in an effort to finally bring the adventuring and mercenary industry to order.

Any mercenary, adventurer, bodyguard, troubleshooter or another person who works by solving people's problems for money on a contractual basis will be free to receive one in our offices in Inside and Riverside or our base in the mountains. The license will come with several benefits:

Discounts in Erin's Emporium, Azik's Enchantments, Trog's Tavern, Black Dragon's Den, and Dancing Fox Inn
Access to job offers and opportunities in our offices
NO's support if an employer tries to cheat them out of the money they're owed - NO will make sure they're paid what they can expect based on the contract, and mark the employer as untrustworthy
Access to NO's information-gathering services for a reduced fee.

In exchange, the holder of the license will pay NO a percentage of the profit they earn for the jobs they take, whether they are one-time adventures or longer contracts, such as bodyguard jobs.

Of course, we're not doing it just to provide people services for a cut of their profits. No, the purpose of this campaign is to introduce order and professionalism into the mercenary population of the Nexus. As such, the license will be revoked upon following conditions:

Attempting to claim the reward when the job has not been completed
Turning on one's employer while still bound by a contract
Engaging in capturing, keeping and trading of slaves
Working with or for the terrorist organization known as AMEN
A glaring breach of the professional standards and competence expected from our licensed mercenaries

Needless to say, we will only be issuing licenses to those who meet the standards of conduct and competence the people of the Nexus deserve when they pay to get something done.

Remember - morality is relative. Professional standards are not.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-14, 05:28 PM
I figure you're new or haven't heard, so here's some advice. The Neutralist Organization runs the mercenary union around here. You'll want one of our licences if you're looking to get into the mercenary business around these parts.

We take a small fee off the top of your profits, but we offer quite a few benefits in return. Come to one of our offices in Inside or Riverside, or the NO base itself when you want to get set up with us. Here's all the info on this flier.

No he really doesn't.

Purple, you don't need their license, they just want you to think that. There's no actual legal pull to do so. It's only necessary if you want to get some discounts from Erin's.

I also repeat to all who have already joined, demand transparency, voting rights, and proof of where your money goes.

Morty
2013-08-14, 05:49 PM
You mean discounts at Erin's, Azik's Trog's, Black Dragon's Den and Dancing For Inn. Oh, and protection from dishonest employers. And job opportunites... you know, all the stuff right there in the pitch. You give, you get. Services for payment. It really is simple.

Oh, and by the way? That last plague attack in Inside, that didn't really get anywhere? That was thanks to us, because we got the cure to EI, for the right price, of course. Just saying, for the benefit of those who wonder if we're good enough to protect their interests.

Slii Arhem
2013-08-14, 05:56 PM
Oh, and by the way? That last plague attack in Inside, that didn't really get anywhere? That was thanks to us, because we got the cure to EI, for the right price By kidnapping a woman and holding her for ransom, completely pointlessly as the person she was being held against was defecting from AMEN and giving the cure directly to another group for free, thereby only causing strife for the sake of our bottom dollar, of course. Just saying, for the benefit of those who wonder if we're good enough to protect their interests.

There, much better. Don't you agree?

Darkcomet
2013-08-14, 06:01 PM
Speaking as the employer in question...

I dare any of you to look someone we've cured in the eye and call their continued good health pointless.

I dare you.

Why the AMENites and their ilk seem to think they're such upstanding individuals, I have no ****ing idea. Maybe they just take perverse glee in trying to act morally superior.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-14, 06:04 PM
Why the AMENites and their ilk seem to think they're such upstanding individuals, I have no ****ing idea. Maybe they just take perverse glee in trying to act morally superior.

Well, they are self-proclaimed villains. And villains like to gloat. So I suppose they have to contrive a way to do so, since all they seem to be good at is slaughtering bystanders who can't put up a fight.

Darkcomet
2013-08-14, 06:11 PM
Considering the name it's a wonder anyone believes anything they say, really.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-14, 06:17 PM
You mean discounts at Erin's, Azik's Trog's, Black Dragon's Den and Dancing For Inn. Oh, and protection from dishonest employers. And job opportunites... you know, all the stuff right there in the pitch. You give, you get. Services for payment. It really is simple.

I'll give you Erin's and Azik's, but I don't use Dragon's Den or Fox Inn, and I have literally seen Trog's take rocks as payment. Hell you probably could have paid for your meal with smiles. Not that bars are all that important for supplying adventures.

As for jobs and protection, while no merc has ever needed you to find work before, I'm actually for protection. If you recall, I've actually spoken to be very FOR this sort of union. I just think organizations should be run and audited by it's members, not some mercs at the top who only want this union organized to line their pockets. Hence: Voting rights, transparency, receipts.

Your defensiveness is cute though.

Reinholdt
2013-08-14, 06:29 PM
I too would like to see what rights mercenaries would receive beyond a friggin coupon book. Why should they join something that they have no say in? I've not ever heard of employers of merc contracts backstabbing after successful missions due to the vigilante mob justice that is the Nexus. So I'm not sure how much protection's being provided here. Give us something worth joining over!

Gullara
2013-08-14, 06:38 PM
I'll give you Erin's and Azik's, but I don't use Dragon's Den or Fox Inn, and I have literally seen Trog's take rocks as payment. Hell you probably could have paid for your meal with smiles. Not that bars are all that important for supplying adventures.

As for jobs and protection, while no merc has ever needed you to find work before, I'm actually for protection. If you recall, I've actually spoken to be very FOR this sort of union. I just think organizations should be run and audited by it's members, not some mercs at the top who only want this union organized to line their pockets. Hence: Voting rights, transparency, receipts.

You say that like NO members aren't also members of this union, and like licenced mercenaries can never be in a decision making position. We may not being doing this a democratic way, but don't act like there's going to be no transparency. If you've got a better reason for this than you apparently not liking us, be my guest. Before that, you're just blowing hot air.

Anyway, I'm not arguing this further here of all places. Just saying my piece. If you want to really argue this, I recommend not hiding behind your anonymity by writing on a wall.

~Kirk Locke, Lieutenant of NO

Darkcomet
2013-08-14, 06:43 PM
Lemme tell you guys a story. Haven't even said everything about this to my coworkers, so this is a first!

I used to work for these guys, real powerful bastards. Guns, military, the works. I did good work for them, got paid, except eventually they decided to try to make us work for free. With brainwashing.

I got away. My team didn't. They're probably a bunch of brainwashed drones now. Or dead.

That's the whole reason I had to get to this messed-up place, so don't think for a second that it can't happen. You might not hear about it-but that just means the people doing it are succeeding. And relying on vigilantes!? Please! We had our share of those too, and it didn't work. We need to take it into our own hands if we expect it to work. No separate institutions or vigilantes acting for us are going to do ****.

It has to be us.

Morty
2013-08-14, 06:50 PM

How is what you consider worthwhile relevant? If people want what we offer, they'll pay.

And now you're calling a businessman responding to concerns about his business offer defensive... well. Not sure what you think I should have done instead. Not responding would make you brand me as uncaring or unable to come up with an argument, no doubt.

I too would like to see what rights mercenaries would receive beyond a friggin coupon book. Why should they join something that they have no say in? I've not ever heard of employers of merc contracts backstabbing after successful missions due to the vigilante mob justice that is the Nexus. So I'm not sure how much protection's being provided here. Give us something worth joining over!

NO alone was cheated out of their rightfully earned reward by one Marciano Louv're. Who then proceeded to feed his other employees to a rampaging monster and bury them alive in a mineshaft. Looks like your information is incomplete. And of course, the entire point of this campaign is to introduce order, so we don't need to rely on word of mouth and vigilante justice.

And seriously, people. NO's offices and base are right there. If someone wants to discuss something with us, we're available, both if they already hold our license or if they're wondering if they want it. NO membership is open to anyone who proves competent enough, like it always has been. The difference is that now, the NO licenses offer security and help to those who don't want to tie themselves down to a single organization.

BladeofObliviom
2013-08-14, 07:00 PM
Wait, Marciano actually beat someone at something? Other than his silly magnetic billiards table?

I swear, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Seriously, the guy's basically rubbish at any kind of operation whatsoever. I walked right into his ****ing nigh-indestructible, heavily-guarded fortress, blew up everything in sight, and then trapped the bastard in an alternate dimension basically because I felt like it.

Sure, that plotline might have deadtimed before I got around to gutting him like a sheep and resurrecting his individual organs as separate undead minions before leaving them in an unmarked box at Magtok's front door, and resurrection is ultimately pretty cheap in this place anyway, but it's the thought that counts.

Sincerely,
The Heart of Iniquity

Reinholdt
2013-08-14, 07:04 PM
Wait, Marciano actually beat someone at something? Other than his silly magnetic billiards table?

I swear, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Seriously, the guy's basically rubbish at any kind of operation whatsoever. I walked right into his ****ing nigh-indestructible, heavily-guarded fortress, blew up everything in sight, and then trapped the bastard in an alternate dimension basically because I felt like it.

Sure, that plotline might have deadtimed before I got around to gutting him like a sheep and resurrecting his individual organs as separate undead minions before leaving them in an unmarked box at Magtok's front door, and resurrection is ultimately pretty cheap in this place anyway, but it's the thought that counts.

Sincerely,
The Heart of Iniquity

Your argument that Marciano wasn't a threat to us other people is rendered kind of moot when you throw around phrasing like 'I trapped him in an alternate dimension cause I felt like it'.

If NO is willing to protect me from overpowered psychopaths like this one, sign me right up.

FireFox
2013-08-14, 07:04 PM
Those of us who aren't capable of trapping people in alternate dimensions, much less resurrecting individual organs as separate undead minions, can sympathize more with being cheated.

BladeofObliviom
2013-08-14, 07:23 PM
To be fair, the whole "trapping in an alternate dimension" thing was actually his fault. That was his final, desperate gambit to stop me, and it backfired hilariously.

I can't actually do that normally, though it does sound fun.

Anyway, my point wasn't about me being awesome (I AM awesome, but that's not the point) but that Marciano is really, really, really lame. I mean, someone was dumb enough to hand him basically unlimited resources and he still couldn't do anything useful with it.

Not even, like, keep one mildly pissed off Planeswalker out of his enormous skyscraper-fortress.

He might be a threat to your average civilian. Maybe. They might faint if they caught a whiff of him, or perhaps suffer an aneurysm from listening to his faulty logic.

Cheers,
The Heart of Iniquity

P.S. The main thing keeping people safe from me is apathy, by the way. If NO really wants to stop me, they're welcome to try. :smallamused:

OrchestraHc
2013-08-14, 07:39 PM
You say that like NO members aren't also members of this union, and like licenced mercenaries can never be in a decision making position. We may not being doing this a democratic way, but don't act like there's going to be no transparency. If you've got a better reason for this than you apparently not liking us, be my guest. Before that, you're just blowing hot air.

Anyway, I'm not arguing this further here of all places. Just saying my piece. If you want to really argue this, I recommend not hiding behind your anonymity by writing on a wall.

~Kirk Locke, Lieutenant of NO

You've given no evidence that there will be transparency or power for the licensed members of the union.

I don't hate NO, I'm really non-opinionated about you. "Neutral" one might say. I distrust because mercs in general, especially when it comes to money. I sincerely doubt you're unionizing out of the goodness of your heart.

As for meeting in person, I'd tell you all of this face to face, but I have no intention of giving out my address on the wall. So no go there. Bye.

How is what you consider worthwhile relevant? If people want what we offer, they'll pay.

And now you're calling a businessman responding to concerns about his business offer defensive... well. Not sure what you think I should have done instead. Not responding would make you brand me as uncaring or unable to come up with an argument, no doubt.

For someone criticizing relevance you sure were quick to mention a completely separate subject from your policies when questioned, Mr. Cure for the "right price". I've just been telling people what they should demand from a union: Transparency and voting rights. I'd also want to higher a better PR guy because you guys kind of suck at it.

NO alone was cheated out of their rightfully earned reward by one Marciano Louv're. Who then proceeded to feed his other employees to a rampaging monster and bury them alive in a mineshaft. Looks like your information is incomplete. And of course, the entire point of this campaign is to introduce order, so we don't need to rely on word of mouth and vigilante justice.

Hi, Elio Fabrizio here. I think there's been some miscommunication on that event. He was short changing you and threats and misconduct caused your team to turn on him for coin. I actually paid the ratty fellow.

The Bushranger
2013-08-15, 10:40 PM
Hello WallWorld.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-15, 10:57 PM
Hello darkish-green text fellow!
How are you doing today?

Darkcomet
2013-08-15, 11:08 PM
I don't know about that one, overly-embellished one, but I am holding a survey of sorts to get a better idea of the local demographics and how they tie into political preferences.

1. Which Nexus political figure is your most preferred?

2. Which Nexus political figure is your most disliked?

3. What species are you?

4. How old are you?

5. What level of technology does your homeworld have? If a Nexus native, write 'not applicable' or N/A.

6. What level of magic and other 'supernatural' powers does your homeworld have? If a Nexus native, write 'not applicable' or N/A.

The Bushranger
2013-08-15, 11:12 PM
Aside from being called a 'fellow', well enough...

1. Miss Mithar

2. Lord Magtok.

3. Human

4. 19

5/6. I'm from Creation. So...

Lord Magtok
2013-08-15, 11:33 PM
1. Tough one, since I'm not so vain as to list myself as an answer to this question. I suppose I'll say Ilpholin, but that's not entirely true, and mostly my answer just to avoid associating my bad press with any of the folk I like more than her.

2. Does Reinholdt count as a political figure? If not, DC, followed by Prince Vyrn and Councilwoman Shrike.

3. Human

4. The pre-cloning era Magtok is largely unknown to me, due to a deliberate memory wipe orchestrated on myself. The purpose of this mindwipe is a thing I can only guess at, and consequently, makes my age an estimate based on looks at best, and a less than helpful 'three years' response, based off the age of the particular clone responding to this inquiry.

5/6. My answer to number four should cover that fairly well. I imagine there was probably a good mix of both, because I can't ever recall a time where I was shocked by the existence of either super-science or magical powers.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-15, 11:51 PM
D: ! I'm very sorry if I have offended you darkish green text not-fellow.
As for other darkish green fellow, I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. ;)

1. I do not know what a political figure is. :)
2. I don't think I dislike anybody.
3. I am either sentient energy, or a consciousness that is in control of a portion of energy. I am unsure.
4. I haven't been counting, but many days seems to be most accurate.
5. N/A
6. N/A

I hope I was very helpful! XD

Darkcomet
2013-08-15, 11:54 PM
Analysis: Answer set two most likely to be Magtok; discarding on grounds of considerable bias. Answer set three most likely to be a child, discarding.

ThePhantom
2013-08-16, 12:00 AM
1. Miss Mithar
2. Vasquez, for killing Zee
3. Human
4. 36
5. N/A
6. N/A

5a Violista
2013-08-16, 12:02 AM
In answer to the questions:

1. Which Nexus political figure is your most preferred? Magtok is probably it.

2. Which Nexus political figure is your most disliked? I haven't got one yet. Give me a while longer.

3. What species are you? Evil Shapeshifter

4. How old are you? Middle-aged

5. What level of technology does your homeworld have? There's guns, swords, gun-swords, computers, alchemy, and colored television. I like swords the best, though.

6. What level of magic and other 'supernatural' powers does your homeworld have? Normal, I suppose. There's knights and musicians who are all good at magic.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-16, 12:05 AM
1) Um, I haven't paid much attention to the local politics, so...yeah, no idea there.

2) See above.

3) Mutant

4) 20

5) Really high. Not available to the general public, but there's some crazy high tech stuff that some people have.

6) Pretty much the same. Not super common, but the people that do have it have a lot.

Gullara
2013-08-16, 12:19 AM
1. Does Dipsnig still count? Let's go with him.

2. Surprisingly not Mags. How about... Nah, I changed my mind. Magtok.

3. Drow

4. Too old

5. Just starting to get onto technology. Haven't been there in a while, though.

6. Quite a bit of magic around. Nothing like you see around here, though.

1. Cessie

2. No one I don't think.

3. Dryad

4. 25

5. Almost nothing. Most people just live outside or in huts. Plenty of stone tools. Nothing like here.

6. Very high. Lots of powerful fey had a lot of magic.

1. No preference

2. Ilpholin, then Ramiro

3. Human

4. 21

5. Not, like, super tech or anything. But we had cellphones, cars, planes, the internet, TV, etc.

6. Depends on where you do, but you could find a fair few magic capable people where I'm from.

Aric Kale
2013-08-16, 01:27 AM
Magtok (So sue me.)
Vyrn and his ilk, because he's obnoxious to read about.
Human (pyromancer)
mid to late twenties, believe it or not.
Not very high.
Not varied, but many powerful pyromancers

Vasquez, not sure why...
No one, as of yet
Human
Medieval
fairly high. My people focused on harvesting Murynstil, a metal which has interesting properties involving energy and magic.

Cessie
Opponents of Watchtower
Human
Low, compared to the Nexus
Nothing beyond what the gods themselves choose to wield.

BladeofObliviom
2013-08-16, 02:15 AM
Analysis: Answer set two most likely to be Magtok; discarding on grounds of considerable bias. Answer set three most likely to be a child, discarding.

Wait, you're running a survey but discarding data that you don't like because it's biased? Some of your questions are entirely opinion-based! EVERY reply is biased by the very definition of the word!

I mean, if you want to discard responses because they disagree with the conclusion that you're intentionally skewing the data to, that's fine. But please don't insult the intelligence of everyone here.

Seriously, Clegg could have seen through that, and he doesn't even know which shoe goes on which foot without help from his First Mate.

Cheers,
The Heart of Iniquity

OOC: The second-to-last line was edited because, while it would be in-character for Cyrus, his player would rather not cross any more lines.

happyturtle
2013-08-16, 04:30 AM
1. Vasquez :smallwink:
2. Magtok :smallfurious:
3. Human :smallconfused:
4. I'm not really sure, but Jake is 35 I mean, I think I'm 35. :smallannoyed:
5-6. The Nexus is my homeworld. Best world anywhere. :smallsmile:

1. Magtok
2. Excelsior
3. CDF Special Forces Augmented Human
4. 6 months
5. My homeworld is more advanced technologically than this one.
6. Magic does not exist.

Aric Kale
2013-08-16, 08:29 AM
Seriously, Clegg could have seen through that, and he doesn't even know which shoe goes on which foot without help from his First Mate.

No, no, no sir. The Cap'n can put on his shoes just fine now...
Mind ye, I wouldn't ask for his advice on political matters, tho' ye di'nt here that from me luverly face.

Earl of Purple
2013-08-16, 09:52 AM
1: High Priest Terrowin of Xela's Howe, the Divine Cockroach, Prophet of Dalachrech and Deacon of Inside
2: High Priestess Elezibethele, Mistress of the Hermitage and sole cleric of the Orthodox Dalachrechians
3: Mostly human, some giant
4: 32
5: Pre-gunpowder, but we had printing presses
6: High

1: Ilpholin
2: Everyone in charge of Inside
3: Angel
4: Approximately 3,000 years old. Give or take a century.
5: Stolen tech only; no resources to develop our own
6: High- ever present.

1: Ramiro.
2: Ilpholin
3: Skin-Stealer Vampire; was human.
4: 18, but I haven't aged since I was turned last year.
5 & 6: Nexus native.

Darkcomet
2013-08-16, 12:36 PM
Wait, you're running a survey but discarding data that you don't like because it's biased? Some of your questions are entirely opinion-based! EVERY reply is biased by the very definition of the word!

I mean, if you want to discard responses because they disagree with the conclusion that you're intentionally skewing the data to, that's fine. But please don't insult the intelligence of everyone here.

Cheers,
The Heart of Iniquity

OOC: The second-to-last line was edited because, while it would be in-character for Cyrus, his player would rather not cross any more lines.

Clarification: This survey is intended to analyze the opinions of the populace at large. Political figures themselves are exempt.

happyturtle
2013-08-16, 12:40 PM
Your survey should say that Vasquez is smoking hot. I mean, seriously, just look at that calendar and try and deny it! She's way hotter than anyone else in the Nexus political scene, by miles and miles.

Devixer
2013-08-16, 12:44 PM
1. None.
2. They're all terrible.
3. Human.
4. 24.
5. We're finally making relatively small computers.
6. No magic.

Your survey should say that Vasquez is smoking hot. I mean, seriously, just look at that calendar and try and deny it! She's way hotter than anyone else in the Nexus political scene, by miles and miles.

So who paid you off?

Darkcomet
2013-08-16, 12:48 PM
Whoever it is, they are missing the point.

Physical appearance is largely irrelevant, although we are checking for racial bias...

happyturtle
2013-08-16, 01:04 PM
Paid me off? Are you nuts? I don't need to be paid to ogle the badass soldier woman. It is a privilege!

OrchestraHc
2013-08-16, 01:25 PM
I'm with Burgundy on this one. I've seen that calendar. Hello nurse!

-Impractical Joker

Darkcomet
2013-08-16, 01:30 PM
Stepping in briefly (or not, really, I am using a drone):

No, the Altaran Irregulars will not be releasing a competing calendar. Please stop asking.

The Bushranger
2013-08-17, 12:00 AM
6. Magic does not exist.[/COLOR]

It's nice to know I don't exist.

happyturtle
2013-08-17, 03:56 AM
It's nice to know I don't exist.

Are you from the Colonial Union?

Darkcomet
2013-08-17, 01:28 PM
Speaking as another from a realm lacking in 'magic', it's easier if you rationalize it all as forces we simply have not figured out how to manipulate via technology yet. We had some of those anyway.

While advanced in some ways, many of the aliens about remain relatively primitive where more conventional technology is concerned. It's rather odd. My personal theory is that, due to the presence of these strange forces, their bodies adapt to be able to manipulate them to some degree. Some with training, some without. Like a manner of mutation, so to speak, with plenty of variance.

I'm not an expert on these things, however. The Star Empire had relatively few encounters with these 'sufficiently advanced' aliens.

The Bushranger
2013-08-18, 01:59 AM
I'm from Creation. Look it up.
I am not liable when your head explodes.

happyturtle
2013-08-18, 04:30 AM
My BrainPal contains no data on 'Creation'. Presumably magic exists there, based on your responses. It does not exist in the Colonial Union.

Proud Tortoise
2013-08-18, 04:19 PM
A Grecian man on a ship
Was seemingly quite well equipped
But when monsters attacked
And the keel was cracked
It was found that his dinghy was ripped.

RyanKoopa
2013-08-19, 12:49 PM
Such exquisite poetry this realm has

Proud Tortoise
2013-08-19, 07:14 PM
Bite me tail with your poetry

Recaiden
2013-08-21, 10:32 AM
Whee surveys!

Ilpholin
Magtok
I'm not really sure.
3. I think that's about 46 in Nexus years.
N/A
N/A

Who's the one from Watchtower? Dipsnug? That guy.
But they're all pretty okay.
Human
We had a lot of what you call clockwork, but no metalworking
Magic isn't a real thing. You just use it to explain science from more advanced realms.

Adam
Vrynn
Wolf
A lot of months
N/A
N/A

Magtok
Magtok
Human
High. Post-nuclear weaponry, instant worldwide communications, huge travel network, cybernetic modification, sentient AI, space travel.
Common to the point of mundanity.

RyanKoopa
2013-08-22, 08:29 PM
So... anyone know if AMEN's hiring?