View Full Version : fun spells

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 06:47 AM
i was wondering what some fun spells to play with were
they can be any level, and from any book, but they must be wizard/sorcerer
for example, i just found chain coningency, and programmed amnesia

CRtwenty
2013-07-01, 08:20 AM
Reverse Gravity is always good for a laugh.

magwaaf
2013-07-01, 08:56 AM
GRIM REVENGE! just make sue to twincast and heighten it

NevinPL
2013-07-01, 09:04 AM
Sarcophagus of Stone is "funny", especially when players don't have anything made from Adamantine.
There was a spell on WotC website, that "makes sun don't shine" in a 1 mile radius.
It all depends on your definition of "fun".

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 09:10 AM
Sarcophagus of Stone is "funny", especially when players don't have anything made from Adamantine.
There was a spell on WotC website, that "makes sun don't shine" in a 1 mile radius.

interesting, game-breakingly powerful, non-game-beakingly powerful, usable in odd ways, usable in conjunction with other spells, or just good for a laugh

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 09:49 AM
At lower levels Gust of Wind + an upended flask (or barrel) of oil + Prestidigitation = fiery fun.
Also Grease.

Middling levels all sorts of fun is to be had with simple Plane Shift and trying desperately to turn it into either a ray spell or a field of effect spell.

At highest levels, Gate and Wish and arcane Genesis (the one from ELH) are the triforce of "fun".

It really depends, do you want "fun" instantaneously? Or are you willing to wait for some 1 day plus casting times?

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 09:53 AM
-snip-
It really depends, do you want "fun" instantaneously? Or are you willing to wait for some 1 day plus casting times?

i may be chaotic stupid, but not impatient :smallamused:

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 10:04 AM
This is a nice list of fun spell combos.
http://gamingmyway.com/2008/12/03/creative-ways-to-combine-spells-in-dd-35/

My fav excerpts:
Reverse Gravity + Control WInds
Illusory Script + Explosive Runes

Personally I favor constructs so Animate Objects + cool stuff = fun for me. Quintessence (time freezing psionic substance) and Thinaun (soul drinking steel) are currently on my list of things to animate hilariously.

Using the squeezing rules (PH 148) to allow your huge size animated wagon to come with you on dungeon crawls is always funny.
Edit: especially because after the enemy kills it the debris completely blocks the corridor and you can just re-animate it later to clear the way. :smallsmile:

Alternating between illusions of walls of fire and actual walls of fire is good.
Using Fabricate, Move Earth, and 'Wall of' spells to redesign dungeons and put the monsters into Indiana Jones style trap situations is good too.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:05 AM
GRIM REVENGE! just make sue to twincast and heighten it

what levels are those, and where can i find them?

Vedhin
2013-07-01, 10:18 AM
I like Suspension from Shining South. It's like Levitate, but souped-up so you can creating floating sky-castles with it.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:23 AM
I like Suspension from Shining South. It's like Levitate, but souped-up so you can creating floating sky-castles with it.

think that could be permanencied, or would you just have to reapply it every so often?

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 10:31 AM
Anything can be permanencied. You just need to research a new version of Pemanency for it. 1000gp per spell level, 1 week per spell level, and a Spellcraft check DC 10+spell level and you've got yourself a new Permanency spell that specifically targets the spell you wanted permanent.

And it's also subject to DM approval.

In this case though the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook might be the better place too go. No hassle with DM begging ( at least not as much). Just a straight gp cost to make a building fly.
Esp as 1000lbs per CL won't get you too much material off the ground. Thatch roofing? Sure that's less than a couple tons. Stone battlements? I doubt the spell is capable of the Break DC to tear free the (comparatively) little chunk you'd get to lift.

Vedhin
2013-07-01, 10:33 AM
think that could be permanencied, or would you just have to reapply it every so often?

You could probably Permanancy it, you'd just need to work out cost with the DM. It does last 1d4 days +1day/CL though, so it doesn't need to be recast frequently-- it lasts a minimum of 8 days when you can first get it.

BWR
2013-07-01, 10:38 AM
Mad Monkeys. (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/madMonkeys.html#_mad-monkeys)

One of my favorite spells.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:41 AM
Anything can be permanencied. You just need to research a new version of Pemanency for it. 1000gp per spell level, 1 week per spell level, and a Spellcraft check DC 10+spell level and you've got yourself a new Permanency spell that specifically targets the spell you wanted permanent.

And it's also subject to DM approval.

In this case though the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook might be the better place too go. No hassle with DM begging ( at least not as much). Just a straight gp cost to make a building fly.
Esp as 1000lbs per CL won't get you too much material off the ground. Thatch roofing? Sure that's less than a couple tons. Stone battlements? I doubt the spell is capable of the Break DC to tear free the (comparatively) little chunk you'd get to lift.

the character i'll be playing has a caster level of 62 make that 82 :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Slipperychicken
2013-07-01, 10:45 AM
Fireball is fun. It's half the reason most people play mages in the first place.

almightycoma
2013-07-01, 10:46 AM
I like sphere of ultimate destruction because the artifact version doesn't usually show up in most campaigns.

NevinPL
2013-07-01, 10:54 AM
...game-breakingly powerful, [...] usablebe odd ways, usable in conjunction with other spells, or just good for a laugh
You know, a lot of people here say that Locate City Bomb if workable, so with the right amount of tinkering probably a majority of spells can be all that ^.
Domination and other mind-affecting spells, probably can be are all that.

Heart ripper is laugh worthy. And don't forget the "I've prepared Explosives Runes today" prank. Entice Gift could be funny.

...interesting...
Divine Interdiction, Improvisation, Decastave, Improved Mage Armor, Fang Trap, Launch Item, Reciprocal Gyre, Deeper Darkvision, Quick Potion, Energize Potion.

Check PM.

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 10:59 AM
the character i'll be playing has a caster level of 62 make that 82

Well in that case Suspension away. :smallsmile:

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 11:03 AM
Well in that case Suspension away. :smallsmile:

i'm actually planning on building a demiplane with genesis, amd making it huge then kidnapping people, and using programmed amnesia/mindrape, to make them believe they grew up on said demiplane, and that i'm their benevolent god, and now i want to have them make a castle so i can use suspension on it :smallamused: (or i may use that in my back story)

NevinPL
2013-07-01, 11:10 AM
The "sun don't shine" is Skyrift from WotC series of articles "Far Corners of the World", specifically: "The Hidden Realm Above: Spells of the Sky" (don't know if posting link to it falls under "Posting Copyrighted Content", so just search for it). It (the series) has some other interesting stuff too.

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 11:14 AM
i'm actually planning on building a demiplane with genesis, amd making it huge then kidnapping people, and using programmed amnesia/mindrape, to make them believe they grew up on said demiplane, and that i'm their benevolent god, and now i want to have them make a castle so i can use suspension on it (or i may use that in my back story)

My Larval Mindflayer Psion character plans to use the spell Mirror Walking (MotP) to invade the Plane of Mirrors.
Just keep sending one thrall in at a time until one of them defeats their mirror-plane doppelganger then repeat the process until my minions outnumber all new mirror-plane doppelgangers.

Then build a piece of wondrous architecture to Mindrape/Programmed Amnesia and Simulacrum/Ice Assassin both the thralls and the mirror-plane doppelgangers of the thralls.

In the end I'll use some little bit of the Mirror Plane as a gateway to my city. Inside that Mirror Plane piece will be a wondrous architecture gateway which Mindrapes and Simulacrums visitors and their Mirror Plane duplicates all at once.

(The Mirror Plane duplicates can't leave the Mirror Plane without their originals dying but that doesn't mean I can't find use for them.)

Lord Haart
2013-07-01, 11:17 AM
My female dwarf wizard, who has alienist for a mentor, soft spot for transmutation and wisdom score of 2, researched Fuse Arms (spell compendium, does what you'd guess it does) as a way to improve fighting dudes. They don't know about it yet, but they will pretty soon.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 11:18 AM
My Larval Mindflayer Psion character plans to use the spell Mirror Walking (MotP) to invade the Plane of Mirrors.
Just keep sending one thrall in at a time until one of them defeats their mirror-plane doppelganger then repeat the process until my minions outnumber all new mirror-plane doppelgangers.

Then build a piece of wondrous architecture to Mindrape/Programmed Amnesia and Simulacrum/Ice Assassin both the thralls and the mirror-plane doppelgangers of the thralls.

In the end I'll use some little bit of the Mirror Plane as a gateway to my city. Inside that Mirror Plane piece will be a wondrous architecture gateway which Mindrapes and Simulacrums visitors and their Mirror Plane duplicates all at once.

(The Mirror Plane duplicates can't leave the Mirror Plane without their originals dying but that doesn't mean I can't find use for them.)

make them build you a castle :smallwink:

unseenmage
2013-07-01, 11:24 AM
make them build you a castle

I'll definitely make them build me something.
Probably a massive Portal to the Plane of Dreams (MotP) where literally anything is possible. Then "dream up" a Dream demiplane where the Mirror duplicates are useful (read: won't cease existing) then have them build me a castle. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: More topically the Dream Realm is accessible via the Dream Travel spell (MotP).

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 11:31 AM
I'll definitely make them build me something.
Probably a massive Portal to the Plane of Dreams (MotP) where literally anything is possible. Then "dream up" a Dream demiplane where the Mirror duplicates are useful (read: won't cease existing) then have them build me a castle. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: More topically the Dream Realm is accessible via the Dream Travel spell (MotP).

that's definitely a fun spell :smallwink:

Gem
2013-07-01, 12:02 PM
Apocalypse from the Sky is always fun, particularly with Stratospheric caster levels like that. If you can afford the material components, it deals decent damage in a massive radius. It's basically a country-killer.

It's a corrupt spell, though, so you gotta be evil, and prepare spells. Book of Vile Darkness.

Krobar
2013-07-01, 12:12 PM
I like Iceberg. Because so many situations can be resolved by dropping a giant block of ice on something.

It's also fun to cast Commune and ask your deity personal questions.

Or the old standby I almost forgot... Regal Procession. Because there's nothing like summoning dozens of horses in a dungeon or on the deck of someone's ship, or any number of places.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 12:33 PM
Apocalypse from the Sky is always fun, particularly with Stratospheric caster levels like that. If you can afford the material components, it deals decent damage in a massive radius. It's basically a country-killer.

It's a corrupt spell, though, so you gotta be evil, and prepare spells. Book of Vile Darkness.

I like Iceberg. Because so many situations can be resolved by dropping a giant block of ice on something.

It's also fun to cast Commune and ask your deity personal questions.

Or the old standby I almost forgot... Regal Procession. Because there's nothing like summoning dozens of horses in a dungeon or on the deck of someone's ship, or any number of places.

both seem fun
especially apocalypse from the sky, let's see, with CL82, i'd make a 820mile radius circle, centred on my self, said circle would have an area of 2112406.9 miles :smallconfused: damn, that's a spell i need :smallwink:

Darth Stabber
2013-07-01, 12:36 PM
Delayed blast fireball + quintessence, have the fireballs be almost ready to go off and put them in a trunk full of quintessence along with some valuable treasure. People will see a quintessence filled chest and assume the Q is purely for preservation purposes and blow themselves up trying to get the treasure.

Put still living enemies in Q, and hide them in something divination proof/resistant. Any resurrection attempts will meet with disappointment as they aren't dead.

Use quintessence to turn your camapaign into futurama! Bonus points if you find an alcoholic, klepto warforged.

Gem
2013-07-01, 12:39 PM
especially apocalypse from the sky, let's see, with CL82, i'd make a 820mile radius circle, centred on my self, said circle would have an area of 2112406.9 miles damn, that's a spell i need

If you're doing epic supervillainry, it is really fun. Note, though, that the material component is an artifact, those are pretty rare. It might be wise to grab Ignore Materials if you're going to be using it a lot. Also, bring a wand of Restoration, because that wisdom drain can be really nasty.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 12:53 PM
If you're doing epic supervillainry, it is really fun. Note, though, that the material component is an artifact, those are pretty rare. It might be wise to grab Ignore Materials if you're going to be using it a lot. Also, bring a wand of Restoration, because that wisdom drain can be really nasty.

i think i could just use it once, that'd solve any problem i had, and the wand of restoration would be usefull

lsfreak
2013-07-01, 01:23 PM
For more mundane forms of fun than what most people are talking, I really love some of the teleporting spells. Benign Transposition, Baleful Transposition (from Spell Compendium), Dimension Step, and Dimension Shuffle (PHB2).

Extract Water Elemental from Sandstorm.

For evil spells, Blackfire. 1d4 Con damage a round, anyone within 5 feet of them catches on fire too. Here's the big thing: you have to make three consecutive saves to end the effect entirely rather than just suppressing it for one round, and since it's dealing Con damage, the likelihood of making three Fort saves gets worse and worse. Since it lasts 1 round/level, you're likely dropping at least 25-30 Con damage as long as they don't make all three of their first saves.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 01:30 PM
For more mundane forms of fun than what most people are talking, I really love some of the teleporting spells. Benign Transposition, Baleful Transposition (from Spell Compendium), Dimension Step, and Dimension Shuffle (PHB2).

Extract Water Elemental from Sandstorm.

For evil spells, Blackfire. 1d4 Con damage a round, anyone within 5 feet of them catches on fire too. Here's the big thing: you have to make three consecutive saves to end the effect entirely rather than just suppressing it for one round, and since it's dealing Con damage, the likelihood of making three Fort saves gets worse and worse. Since it lasts 1 round/level, you're likely dropping at least 25-30 Con damage as long as they don't make all three of their first saves.

i actually got blackfire (i also have sudden empower, sudden maximise, and sudden quicken spell, but that's besides the point :smallwink: )

magwaaf
2013-07-01, 02:17 PM

grim revenge is in book of vile darkness it's a third or fourth level spell

Medic!
2013-07-01, 03:55 PM
Call me boring, but my favorites have always been (in no particular order) Bestow Curse and my notorious caster-wrecking combo of having a familiar hold the charge on Touch of Idiocy then sending him in and chasing him with Feeblemind...seeing elves play the lip-banjo just tickles me pink

Nettlekid
2013-07-01, 06:25 PM
Can I just ask, how did you manage CL 82? What level are you? I'm one to think that CL 45 is high for a 20th level character, so this is quite impressive indeed.

As for spells, as a fan of Code Geass, I'm a fan of Geas. If you can get around the casting time (perhaps by casting from a scroll, using Anima Mage's capstone, Spellguard of Silverymoon's poorly phrased Selective Spell, or any number of the fast cast tricks), then it's a no-save Dominate. I like to use it to either set up spells like Programmed Amnesia or Dominate Monster ("You will surrender your will to the next mental assault you face.") or, if your DM is the kind to approve cheap tactics, "You will obey me unequivocally."

If you can manage to get anything based off of your Wisdom score, then Owl's Insight would be an excellent spell to stick in a staff (since staves use your CL). You'll get a +41 insight bonus to your Wisdom.

It might feel a little lackluster for your level, but Greater Prying Eyes is pretty excellent. 1d4+82 eyes with True Seeing, scouting for you, is substantial. Similarly, I quite like Chain of Eyes for spying. Look through someone else's eyes? That's just cool.

Dark Way I like because it doesn't say anything about the way you shape the shadow bridge you make. I see nothing that suggests you can't wrap it around an enemy like a box of darkness, and for you they'd have to push through with 16400 pounds in order to get out. It's not the way the spell was meant to be used, but my DM liked it for the creativity.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 09:26 PM
Can I just ask, how did you manage CL 82? What level are you? I'm one to think that CL 45 is high for a 20th level character, so this is quite impressive indeed.

As for spells, as a fan of Code Geass, I'm a fan of Geas. If you can get around the casting time (perhaps by casting from a scroll, using Anima Mage's capstone, Spellguard of Silverymoon's poorly phrased Selective Spell, or any number of the fast cast tricks), then it's a no-save Dominate. I like to use it to either set up spells like Programmed Amnesia or Dominate Monster ("You will surrender your will to the next mental assault you face.") or, if your DM is the kind to approve cheap tactics, "You will obey me unequivocally."

If you can manage to get anything based off of your Wisdom score, then Owl's Insight would be an excellent spell to stick in a staff (since staves use your CL). You'll get a +41 insight bonus to your Wisdom.

It might feel a little lackluster for your level, but Greater Prying Eyes is pretty excellent. 1d4+82 eyes with True Seeing, scouting for you, is substantial. Similarly, I quite like Chain of Eyes for spying. Look through someone else's eyes? That's just cool.

Dark Way I like because it doesn't say anything about the way you shape the shadow bridge you make. I see nothing that suggests you can't wrap it around an enemy like a box of darkness, and for you they'd have to push through with 16400 pounds in order to get out. It's not the way the spell was meant to be used, but my DM liked it for the creativity.

technically i'm a level 6 fighter

but, i'm half black ethergaunt (and some other things) (i used the metatemplate in the book of templates to create it, and they cast like a wizard of a level equal to their hit die, then i became a were-legendary-shark, were-legendary-tiger, were-legendary-bear (all inherit templates)
6 HD from fighter, 30 HD from were legendary shark, 26 HD from were legendary tiger, and 20 HD from legendary were bear
for a total 82 hit die, so i cast like a level 82 wizard (this is all DM approved :smallamused: )

Deophaun
2013-07-01, 09:43 PM
I don't think being evil is a requirement.

It is, however, probably going to be a side-effect.

geekintheground
2013-07-01, 09:45 PM
technically i'm a level 6 fighter

but, i'm half black ethergaunt (and some other things) (i used the metatemplate in the book of templates to create it, and they cast like a wizard of a level equal to their hit die, then i became a were-legendary-shark, were-legendary-tiger, were-legendary-bear (all inherit templates)
6 HD from fighter, 30 HD from were legendary shark, 26 HD from were legendary tiger, and 20 HD from legendary were bear
for a total 82 hit die, so i cast like a level 82 wizard (this is all DM approved :smallamused: )

that sounds REALLY good... my dm wont even let me be a factotum...

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:09 PM
I don't think being evil is a requirement.

It is, however, probably going to be a side-effect.

i could probably figure out some reason why a good character could use this, and not be evil (probably not paladin, he'd fall so hard it'd make a crater, the same size as this spells range)

that sounds REALLY good... my dm wont even let me be a factotum...

why not factotum?

Nettlekid
2013-07-01, 10:20 PM
i could probably figure out some reason why a good character could use this, and not be evil (probably not paladin, he'd fall so hard it'd make a crater, the same size as this spells range)

At the risk of turning this into an alignment debate (which is basically the Godwin's Law of this forum), I'm firmly of the belief that evil methods used for purely good purposes can still be good. For example, I'm going to be playing a CG piratey/sailor character in a campaign coming up. I'm planning on keeping among my items, likely never to be used but just in case, several stat-boosting drugs and Thinaun Shuriken, a couple of cursed items, and although they may not have the [Evil] tag I do plan to use Vecna's Malevolent Whisper or Programmed Amnesia if the occasion calls for it (I was thinking about Mindrape, but I should probably stay away from anything that actually has "rape" in the name). Except for Clerics (and Druids I think) and of course Paladins, there seems to be no downside to using Evil spells for good purposes. I quite like how in BoED, it describes how healing spells are not intrinsically Good because they could be used to heal evil people. But even spells with the [Good] describer can be used to benefit the course of evil, and [Evil] spells can be used for good. There's nothing to say that Mindrape can't be used to reprogram the BBEG into a champion of good. So I think you'll manage.

Amidus Drexel
2013-07-01, 10:22 PM
Channeled Lifetheft, metamagic'd with Retributive Spell. A no-save targeted effect. Spend two full rounds casting it at the beginning of the day (out of combat), and thoroughly punish anyone foolish enough to attack you with 5d8 damage and exhaustion, and you get temporary hit points equal to the damage you dealt +10 hp. It's even better with metamagic reducers.

Mass Curse of Impending Blades. A targeted effect on nearby enemies, with no save or attack roll, and a flat -2 to AC. It's only situationally useful, but much better in fights with lots of high-AC enemies. Plus, nearly everyone makes attack rolls at some point.

Quickened True Strike. Once you can prepare this, you should always have one prepared.

Fell Drain Orb of Force. If it's not immune to energy drain, you just gave it a negative level. No save, no SR, and next to nothing has immunity to force damage. Combine with Quickened True Strike for a negligible chance to miss their touch AC. The only thing you even need to worry about at all is concealment. (for that matter, a searing fell drain orb of fire works pretty well too, and dazes them, to boot).

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:27 PM
-snip-

yeah, the only problem is using a spell that deals damage to everything within numerous miles of you, to do good (unless you're somehow inside the nine hells, and attempting to eradicate all the demons)

Necroticplague
2013-07-01, 10:30 PM
I'm a fan of undead, so I've always had a soft spot for Black Sand (Sandstorm). And similarly, both because of undead and because it opens up a giant world of possibilities, Haunt Shift. Assuming you had control of the undead beforehand, you can animate pretty much everything for much less than using Permanency on animated objects. Especially if you start performing shenanigans like making their last order before releasing them (so you can control more) "follow orders from me". Since they continue with their last order after release, and their last order was to keep obeying you....

Darth Stabber
2013-07-01, 10:41 PM
I'm a fan of undead, so I've always had a soft spot for Black Sand (Sandstorm). And similarly, both because of undead and because it opens up a giant world of possibilities, Haunt Shift. Assuming you had control of the undead beforehand, you can animate pretty much everything for much less than using Permanency on animated objects. Especially if you start performing shenanigans like making their last order before releasing them (so you can control more) "follow orders from me". Since they continue with their last order after release, and their last order was to keep obeying you....

Haunt shift, necromancing the stone.

Always a good decision.

Nettlekid
2013-07-01, 10:42 PM
yeah, the only problem is using a spell that deals damage to everything within numerous miles of you, to do good (unless you're somehow inside the nine hells, and attempting to eradicate all the demons)

You've just given a very good example of how to do good with it: Knowing that every creature within 820 miles is evil. A CL 82 caster will be able to know that with little divinations. Alternatively (I know it's not in your build, but just for ideas) using Sentinel of Bharrai 1 and some way to add an energy descriptor to Apocalypse From The Sky (maybe the first part of the Locate City Bomb trick) to make the spell deal nonlethal damage to all plants and animals in range, and then Spellguard of Silverymoon's Selective Spell ability to target only one creature type. Boom. You've just rained death on all Goblins, or Dragons, or Demons or whatever within 820 miles. Although I have to say, 10d6 isn't impressive by a long shot. Pump it up, somehow.

Somensjev
2013-07-01, 10:46 PM
You've just given a very good example of how to do good with it: Knowing that every creature within 820 miles is evil. A CL 82 caster will be able to know that with little divinations. Alternatively (I know it's not in your build, but just for ideas) using Sentinel of Bharrai 1 and some way to add an energy descriptor to Apocalypse From The Sky (maybe the first part of the Locate City Bomb trick) to make the spell deal nonlethal damage to all plants and animals in range, and then Spellguard of Silverymoon's Selective Spell ability to target only one creature type. Boom. You've just rained death on all Goblins, or Dragons, or Demons or whatever within 820 miles. Although I have to say, 10d6 isn't impressive by a long shot. Pump it up, somehow.

sudden maximise, sudden empower, sudden quicken? :smallbiggrin:

Thespianus
2013-07-02, 12:22 AM
For fun spells, I have to go with Defenestrating Sphere (SpC)

It requires a lot of saves and isn't very efficient, but throwing people out windows with magic never gets old. ;)

Slipperychicken
2013-07-02, 01:25 AM
i'm actually planning on building a demiplane with genesis, amd making it huge then kidnapping people, and using programmed amnesia/mindrape, to make them believe they grew up on said demiplane, and that i'm their benevolent god, and now i want to have them make a castle so i can use suspension on it :smallamused: (or i may use that in my back story)

You could just drag people to your demiplane, perhaps wipe their memories, and set it up so you can hunt them for sport, with a few buildings around to chase them through.

Extra points if you do it like a slasher flick, slowly but relentlessly pursuing and dragging the fear out as long as possible. And if you wear a mask or otherwise obscure your facial features. Double points if you don't even get any mechanical benefit from this; you're just hunting people for your own perverse amusement. And if you set the plane up with extra mist to be super creepy.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-02, 01:38 AM
You could just drag people to your demiplane, perhaps wipe their memories, and set it up so you can hunt them for sport, with a few buildings around to chase them through.

You could have the whole plane be made of metal, drag people from all over the multiverse there, replace some of their body parts with metal, and wait for one of their children to become a planeswalker so you can harvest their spark for the glory phyrexia! I don't think any one's tried that.

lsfreak
2013-07-02, 03:01 PM
Fell Drain Orb of Force. If it's not immune to energy drain, you just gave it a negative level. No save, no SR, and next to nothing has immunity to force damage. Combine with Quickened True Strike for a negligible chance to miss their touch AC. The only thing you even need to worry about at all is concealment. (for that matter, a searing fell drain orb of fire works pretty well too, and dazes them, to boot).

Fell Draining Magic Missile. Not as foolproof, but you can pull it off six levels earlier and inflict the negative level on multiple targets.

Necrotic Skull Bomb is the nuke of negative levels, though. Imagine enervate with a 20-foot radius and Fort half, for just +1 spell level. Oh, and did I mention? It's a swift action!

geekintheground
2013-07-02, 05:49 PM
why not factotum?

says its too powerful :/

Darth Stabber
2013-07-02, 06:06 PM
says its too powerful :/

How? It's the shining example of what it is to be tier3. If he's allowing any tier 1 or 2, I would be happy to come over there and disabuse him of the notion that "factoti are too powerful". Won't even do anything crazy, core only druid should do really nicely. I'll take spell focus conj, augment summoning, natural spell, and the rest of my feats will be toughness. You'll be allowed tier4 only by the end of the end of the second session, and when I rip that apart with rogue UMD abuse, we'll see what happens. If I have to demonstrate commoner animal trainer, he's pretty dense.

geekintheground
2013-07-02, 06:19 PM
How? It's the shining example of what it is to be tier3. If he's allowing any tier 1 or 2, I would be happy to come over there and disabuse him of the notion that "factoti are too powerful". Won't even do anything crazy, core only druid should do really nicely. I'll take spell focus conj, augment summoning, natural spell, and the rest of my feats will be toughness. You'll be allowed tier4 only by the end of the end of the second session, and when I rip that apart with rogue UMD abuse, we'll see what happens. If I have to demonstrate commoner animal trainer, he's pretty dense.

thank you for your support, but i think she just doesnt know how to deal with it :) actually, she insisted i play a druid in our latest game XD. and i dont want to cause any problems, its my 1st game. anyway, fun spells right? i enjoy a good illusion spell, controlling the opponents senses is always fun

Darth Stabber
2013-07-02, 06:30 PM
thank you for your support, but i think she just doesnt know how to deal with it :) actually, she insisted i play a druid in our latest game XD. and i dont want to cause any problems, its my 1st game. anyway, fun spells right? i enjoy a good illusion spell, controlling the opponents senses is always fun

She doesn't want factotum because it's too powerful, and insists you play a druid?

That makes perfect sense.

You can't use a biplane, those are too powerful, here's an f-22.