PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic rod of persist

Yogibear41
2013-07-01, 11:32 AM
Do metamagic rods of persist exist? If yes what book are they in? If not to make a custom one what would you set the price at? Lesser version for all of these so 3rd level spells and down.

Alternatively, is there anyway to persist Ranger spells through some other means.

Immabozo
2013-07-01, 11:41 AM
I do believe they do, 200,000 a piece I believe

Rebel7284
2013-07-01, 11:51 AM
Do metamagic rods of persist exist? If yes what book are they in? If not to make a custom one what would you set the price at? Lesser version for all of these so 3rd level spells and down.

Alternatively, is there anyway to persist Ranger spells through some other means.

They do not exist. You can probably figure it out by extrapolating costs from the other metamagic rods.

Dip a class that gives turn undead and use divine metamagic to persist.

Yogibear41
2013-07-01, 12:34 PM
The ranger variant Im using actually gets rebuke animals at level 6, but im muticlassing and won't get it til level 10. Also my Charisma is only 8 lol.

Raendyn
2013-07-01, 01:18 PM
The ranger variant Im using actually gets rebuke animals at level 6, but im muticlassing and won't get it til level 10. Also my Charisma is only 8 lol.

It wouldnt help anyways, DMM works with turn undead attempts.

Chronos
2013-07-01, 05:06 PM
If you have an Incantatrix in your party, they can persist your spells for you, either via Cooperative Metamagic, or Metamagic Effect.

A plane could theoretically exist with the Enhanced Magic trait to apply Persist to an appropriate sort of spell for free.

You could take a bunch of feats or class features that reduce the cost of applying metamagic feats.

If you're epic, you could take the Improved Spell Capacity feat enough times to get high enough level spell slots.

hobbitkniver
2013-07-01, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't exist because persistent spell is already broken enough.