PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Year of the Iron Dragon

shamgar001
2013-07-01, 12:29 PM
The Year of the Iron Dragon has begun!

Paper lanterns levitate in the sky, casting shimmering lights over the crowded cobblestone streets. The lanterns are periodically lost in flashes of pyrotechnics which turn night into day for an instant, leaving behind only thunderous reverberations and smoky haze.

The bustling crown parts as a troop of lion dancers weave their way through the streets. After they pass, the crowd returns, laughing and cheering. The smell of the alchemical reagents from the fireworks mix with the aromas of all kinds of delicious foods: fried cakes dripping with honey, steaming rice noodle soup, savory roast duck, and more. The music of skilled musicians in taverns competes for the crowds attention with magicians and acrobats performing up and down the main street of the port city of Tetsu-Ryu.

The annual New Year celebration in Tetsu-Ryu is legendary, but this year is the Year of the Iron Dragon - the same year in the 15-year cycle in which the city was founded. This means good luck for the inhabitants, and everyone is optimistic about the coming year.

Six adventurers are here for the festivities. Although they don't know yet know it, their destinies are intertwined.

tbergman92
2013-07-01, 01:51 PM
To those passing by, the large, steel-toned body of the warforged should have stood out like a sore thumb. For some reason, however, there seemed to be a shadowy essence that surrounded him as he walked. This combined with the reflection of the fireworks and the flames in the paper lanterns of his body made the eye simply slip away from noticing him.

Wax walked through the crowd, drinking in the sights, sounds, and the smells. Oh, the smells... He thought, passing by one of the food vendors.

He paused in a shadowed alcove. "I do miss food." He barely contained a laugh, as some in the crowd jumped when they heard the deep, husky voice come from the darkness. He stepped slowly out of the shadows, and grinned in his most menacing fashion. A number of those around jumped away, and quickly hurried off, chased by his dark chuckle.

Wax began to walk away, his mirth fading as he pondered the failure of his original purpose in the city. Well, at least something good came of this trip. I should have known there was no reason it would be here. He shook his head, and directed his thoughts elsewhere.

I wonder if there's anything else in this city to interest me. Let's see... Wax searched his memory for any information of interest about the city or the festival, as he began to walk away from the crowds, looking for a less populated, less happy section of the city.

Noticing the smell of the sea, Wax brightened slightly. I could always try out that new water walking ritual I found... Making up his mind, Wax headed that way.

Shadow Walk for concealment.
Shadow Blend for concealment at the alcove.
Intimidate check for kicks: [roll0]
History Check for lore: [roll1]

shamgar001
2013-07-01, 02:09 PM
Wax's glares and threatening sounds are lost on the people around him, most of them being too drunk to appreciate the strangeness of his presence.

He recalls that Tetsu-Ryu is an old port city, founded centuries ago by merchants of the Hukyu kingdom. Since Hukyu kingdom fell from power, Tetsu-Ryu has remained largely independent, although it is a member of a loose confederacy of populations around the Teishin sea. It lacks a strong military of its own and relies of allies for its defense. Tetsu-Ryu is not the biggest port around, but it is quite large, and its tolerant and cosmopolitan sensibilities makes it a popular destination for immigrants and tourists.

nholloway2007
2013-07-01, 10:36 PM
As Thorn Werebeast sits outside of a local tavern drinking his fourth cup of sake for the evening, he quietly watches the hustle and bustle of the local people. He watches the lion dancers come by, mildly amused -- yet confused as to the significance, as he had come into Tetsu-Ryu as a stowaway on a merchant ship carrying -- what else? -- fireworks.

Looking out past the commotion, toward the beauty of nature that was the ocean, he recalls growing up in the forests of Direfang, a wooded coastal town 200 miles or so south of here. When he left the forests at 19 to study his craft, that was the last he saw of his family. In order to fill the void, he roamed from town to town, visiting temples to learn rituals, roaming with wolf packs in his beast form, and...staying mostly drunk... This isn't enough... he thinks to himself, in a sake induced fuzz.

"I need more than old tomes and wolves. I have to find some sort of distraction," he says to no one in particular.

Thorn stands, wobbling a little, leaving the money for his bar tab on the table, and begins to make his way toward the crowd of people, wondering who, or what, he could find.

riswynn
2013-07-02, 12:37 AM
Re'ka Velika inspected her boots that were atop the table in front of her. She picked off a dead flower petal and tossed it on the ground.

Outside of the tavern she had holed herself up in, people were celebrating. Dancing, eating, drinking, laughing...all without a care in the world. She sighed, knowing she would be approached by at least a dozen people tomorrow asking her to right some wrong done to them.

Putting all of your cares aside for an evening of bliss...what a luxury. Re'ka knew this luxury was not meant for her. It had not been meant for her in the past 37 years, either.

From across the room, she made eye contact with the barkeep and nodded her head ever so slightly. She folded herself into the dark corner while she waited for another drink to arrive.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-02, 06:28 PM
Standing only a few inches taller than most people's kneecaps, it's no surprise that Moira Gingerbeard had chosen to avoid the crowded streets of the city during the festivities. Instead, she chose to celebrate the new year just as she always has; at a small table outside a tavern on the outskirts, where she could steer clear of most of the rowdy spectators and still enjoy the light show in the sky above.

She sat at the table with a mug of ale and her favorite old spellbook in which she always seemed to have her nose firmly planted. Every few seconds, she would take a small piece of the bread she'd been nibbling and pass it stealthily to the small furry lump in her lap. Bofur, Moira's pet ferret would squeak happily and munch small morsel quickly before curling back up on her lap as she smiled down at him fondly.

Sighing happily, Moira turned from her dusty tome to watch the display of lights flashing in the night sky above her. This place is amazing.. I just wish I had someone to share it with.. She paused for a moment, missing her friends back home whom she'd chosen to leave to learn about new cultures around the world. After a moment, she snapped back to reality, feeling little paws pulling at her sleeve and glanced down as her furry friend scampered up onto her shoulder, staring up at her happily. She patted his head and turned her gaze back up to the fireworks above, smiling. "This year's gonna be an adventure, Bofur. I can feel it."

Naur138
2013-07-02, 09:33 PM
With a brilliant explosion of light, Kento Okamiotoko brought his golden blade swiftly down at his opponents head, but his opponent blocked just as swiftly. Exchanging blows back and forth with all the elegant skill of a dance, the two men moved around the circle, occasionally unleashing brilliant flashes of light from their swords. Then they backed away from each other, gave a quick salute, followed by a bow to the cheering crowd.

Most military orders wouldn't be able to make public performances during such a celebrations, but this is the Order of the Rising Sun. Their sparing drills are both figuratively and literally the flashiest fights you'll ever see. With a joyful howl, Kento unleashes a final blast of light. It wasn't part of the drill and the higher ups would chew him out for it later, but he knew that the crowd would love it, and that was all that mattered.

Leaving the stage, Kento starts heading towards the harbor, looking for the best place to celebrate. Not just the new year, but also the fact that he's been given two full months of free time before he has to return the Orders headquarters.

Elfination
2013-07-04, 01:46 PM
Aysiria watched Timothy's eyes and swishing tail as another stream of revelers passed them, swinging colorful paper lanterns. She knew he'd love to pounce on those giant glowing balls, kicking the crunchy paper with his back feet like a kitten. She rested her hand on his shoulders, calming him.

"We'll get you one," she told him. "And maybe a nice duck." She went off through the crowd, keeping her eyes open for a somewhat sturdier-looking lantern and a food stall that might have some treats for both herself and Timothy. She felt Timothy's low rumbling murmur under her hand as a few people ahead scurried quickly out of a shadowy area as though something had just pinched them.

Aysiria paid little attention, though the shadow slipping away did catch her notice. Lots of shadowy things in these streets, no matter how many happy people were here.

Timothy stopped short and snorted, looking behind him. As Aysiria looked, a little voice yelled, "KITTY!!" and gave Timothy's tail another good yank.

tbergman92
2013-07-04, 04:58 PM
As Wax walked toward the docks, going over the necessary components and gestures for the water walking ritual in his head, he noticed a half-elf standing in the crowd. Normally, he wouldn't have paid any attention to the specific creatures in the crowd--however, this particular half-elf had a panther with her.

Well, that's unusual... Wax paused for a moment, before shrugging and moving on.

As he took his first step, a voice rang out behind him. "KITTY!!"

Startled, he stopped in his tracks and turned. Seeing what was taking place, he chuckled, and paused to see what would ensue.

nholloway2007
2013-07-04, 06:48 PM
Walking through the crowd, Thorn looks through the shop windows as he passes. when he comes upon yet another bar and notices a small....weasel...wrapped around a dwarf's shoulder like a stole.

Thinking to himself, he chuckles. That thing is as big as she is...I wonder if it's friendly?

Walking into the bar, he sits at the bar stool next to the bookish little dwarf, looking at the large, dusty text on her table. "So, Miss uh...dwarf...what's bigger, you, the weasel, or the book?" as he laughs uproariously.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-04, 07:21 PM
Moira sat staring up at the night sky for a few minutes more, watching the fireworks before her view was suddenly impeded by a large figure. A man by the looks, much taller than herself and by the smell of him, she guessed he'd had a few to drink. She chuckled to herself and decided to humor him in his intoxicated state.

"Well, mister....tall man.... He's not a weasel, he's a ferret and his name is Bofur." She paused for a moment, glancing down to the silver creature as he sniffed the air around his new potential friend, his backside wiggling happily. "As for the book, I've gotten so used to carrying it around, I hardly even notice it's here anymore. But judging by the smell of sake on your breath and your atrocious pick up line, I'd say you've had a few. Am I close?"

Moira looked back up at the tall man, taking a long drink of ale from her tankard before holding out her hand in a friendly fashion, so as not so seem rude. "I'm Moira, Moira Gingerbeard. And you are....?"

nholloway2007
2013-07-04, 07:29 PM
Shaking Moira's hand, Thorn speaks, slowly and slurred. "I'm...," the shifter trails off, "...incredibly too drunk for my own good. My name is...Werebeast. Thorn Werebeast. I'm from the forests of..Flyerdame...I mean...Firedang...Direfang...Direfang..."

"I'm sorry...I didn't try to pick you up, I actually walked in to meet you and your little furry friend. I can talk to him, you know? Being part-animal, and a druid myself, that is."

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-04, 07:47 PM
Chuckling slightly at the drunkenness of the stranger, she throws back the rest of her ale and sets the tankard back on the table. "Relax, It was a joke. And as for the talking to animals, feel free to let me know if he starts talking unkindly about me. He has been known to do that from time to time." She puts the bundle of fur on the table, letting him run around the small space and greet the drunken shifter.

Bofur scampers across the table to where the tall man was sitting, planting his front two paws on the man's arm and staring up at him, getting a good whiff. His backside wagged from side to side quickly as happy as can be."Well, you're in luck, he appears to like you. Last person who tried to talk to me is now missing an arm...and a toe... and possibly a nostril..." She crosses her arms over her chest and grins across the table jokingly. "So what brings you here, oh gigantic one?"

nholloway2007
2013-07-04, 07:58 PM
"Well, I stowed away on a boat from Ak' Mehazat that was...apparently...carrying supplies for tonight's festivities. Before then, I was running with a group of dire ostriches across the plains. I haven't spent any time in any one place since I was 19."

Thorn makes eye contact with the little critter currently nuzzling his hand. "And how are you, my little slender friend? Uh huh...uh huh...at least you're not in a cage or...," he whispers, "...turned into a coat by some twisted soul," in response to squeaks and clicks by the little ferret.

Looking up from the tiny furball, he speaks to Moira, "He really, really likes you, you know. Says you're the best dwarf he's ever met. Whaddya say we go find some other people to join our little crotley moo...I mean motley crew..."

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-04, 08:12 PM
Moira smiles down at her small furry pet, stroking his neck."Yeah, he's a good friend, had him for years now. He was supposed to be sent down into the mines but I wouldn't hear of it."

She grins, picking up her book and hopping down from her chair. As Bofur reclaims his spot on her shoulder, she tosses her payment onto the table and turns to Thorn. "Alright I'll tag along...providin' I don't have to carry ye." She grins up at her new friend, her thick Dwarven accent cutting through her words. "The more the merrier. Let's go, Gigantor."

tbergman92
2013-07-04, 08:33 PM
Wax moved to get a better view of the panther and his tormentor. As he slowly walked, the shadows around him gradually fell away. He took up a position near the entrance to a tavern that was closer to the outskirts of the thinning crowd--apparently everyone was heading toward the town square. As he approached the door, he noticed a small ferret jumping from a shifter to the shoulder of a dwarf in the outdoor seating of the tavern.

Odd bedfellows... he thought, as he turned his attention back to the panther and his pulled tail.

shamgar001
2013-07-04, 08:34 PM
A regal-sounding chord played on horns blare through the city. The crowds all turn toward the town square: they know that the horns mean that the main part of the evening's spectacles are about to take place in the city center in an hour. The chaotic flow of the masses turns to a more ordered movement to find the best places.

riswynn
2013-07-04, 08:44 PM
Re'ka stands up from her corner table at the sound of the horns. She grabs her mug in one hand and makes her way outside of the tavern. As a regular customer, the barkeep trusts her enough to bring the glass back eventually.

She begins moving between the crowds to get a little closer to the festivities. This is one part of the festival she allow's herself to enjoy.

nholloway2007
2013-07-04, 09:57 PM
Making his way through the bar, stumbling lightly and dodging chairs as they seemingly jump out at him, Thorn makes his way out of the bar. Closely behind Moira and her pet, he catches the sound of trumpets, blasting a majestic chord through the air.

"Let's go see what that is."

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-04, 10:19 PM
Moira turns and shakes her head, chuckling at the drunken shifter behind her seeming to stumble over everything in his path. "Bloody hell man, how much did you have?" She laughs and grabs his arm to steady him.

Suddenly Bofur, still perched atop Moira's shoulder, perks his ears up and stares focused at the center of town, the general direction from which trumpets could be heard. As the shifter suggests following the noise, Moira nods and heads in that direction. She pauses and looks back for a moment to watch Thorn, allowing him to catch up. Probably shouldn't go too fast...the bloody fool'll kill himself..guess not everybody can hold their drink as well as us.

tbergman92
2013-07-04, 10:50 PM
Wax's attention was taken from the spectacle taking place in regards to the tail, and the youngling who was attempting to pull it by the loud sounding of a horn.

Ah. Well. Time for the main festivities. I guess I should participate... he thought.

He turned toward the town square with some regret, but happened to notice the dwarf and shifter ahead. I wonder what their story is. he mused. I think I'll follow, and see. Wax found himself growing increasingly satisfied with this journey, and shadowed the two as they traveled towards the town square.

nholloway2007
2013-07-04, 11:31 PM
As Thorn and Moira proceed toward the festivities, with blasts from the horn growing louder, he notices a half-elf with a panther.

"Those," he says gesturing to the sleek, black cat, "are unusual in this part of the world...I wonder what her story...and her...friend's...is. And I can't help but notice a few...creatures of the night...have their eyes tuned to something behind us."

Elfination
2013-07-05, 07:58 PM
//GAAHH I feel so behind!!//

Timothy rumbled quietly, trying to swish his tail in annoyance.

"kitty kitty kitty kitty!!" came the happy cheering of the little person, each word punctuated with another yank on Timothy's slender tail.

Timothy finally succeeded in snapping his tail out of the child's hands, turning to face his tormenter with a half-snarl and a playful paw-swat.

Aysiria had hoped that Timothy's naturally quiet nature would make him invisible - and indeed, he was to most adults. But children have a way of seeing what adults do not. And Timothy's cover was blown.

"So much for a quiet evening, boy," Aysiria murmured, noticing that she was now being watched by the person who'd caused commotion further up. Wait, metal?

Timothy rumbled quietly at the child, allowing little hands to pet him briefly as he watched another sort of commotion across the way. He chattered, a sound he only used when he saw a prey animal he wanted, and he stared intently at a dwarf just outside the tavern.

"I don't think you're allowed to have that," Aysiria said, petting his head, interrupting his focus on a ferret the dwarf seemed to be wearing. "But I bet we can find some food there."

Elfination
2013-07-05, 08:09 PM
The horns blared as the child ran off, tugging on a sleeve up ahead. "Mamama I saw a kitty! A big one!"

Aysiria looked to Timothy for his input. "Do we go to the crowd, or do we go have snacks in peace?"

Timothy started off down the street, following the crowd, chattering very softly. Aysiria figured he wasn't interested in the festivities so much as that ferret, but she shrugged and just hoped he wouldn't do anything obnoxious.

They walked fast enough to catch back up with the child, now in the company of an adult. "mamama! MAAA! LOOK it's the big kitty! Mama! I saw a big kitty AGAIN!!"

"That's nice, dear," said the mother. Aysiria chuckled. People really don't see what's right in front of them sometimes.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-05, 11:02 PM
Moira paused at the announcement of the unseen follower and turned to look. She peered into the darkness to see a rather large, huge by Moira's standards, warforged following them in the shadows. She cocked her head to one side and looked at him curiously. "Hallo?" she walked towards him a few steps and gaped at the sheer height of the man compared to herself. "Sehanine's garters!.. You're.. If you don't mind me saying so..You're bloody Gigantic!" She grinned up at him. "A fella like you could come in real handy in this crowd for us short folk."

Bofur, unnoticed by Moira was staring past the large man towards what appeared to be a large black cat who was returning his gaze hungrily. He let out a squeak and tensed up and scurried across Moira's shoulders, hiding as best he could behind her hair as she spoke to the warforged.

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 12:03 AM
Wax, doing his best to be unnoticeable, was a little surprised that he was so quickly discovered. I don't know why I even try...It is a little difficult to hide this much...creature. I'm still not used to this body...

"Umm, Hello, there. I am, uh...fairly large, yes. And I do tend to, uh, separate the crowd." Wax was oddly off his game--something about this dwarf had thrown him--or perhaps it was just his reminiscence that was affecting him.

"I'd be, err, happy to help. In exchange, what brought you two together? You're an unlikely pair, if you don't mind my saying so." At this, Wax stepped ahead of them, and begin to push a path through the crowd, trying to intimidate the weaker-willed in an effort to clear a wider path.

Intimidation! (Maybe it'll work better this time): [roll0]

riswynn
2013-07-06, 12:04 AM
As Re'ka walked toward the massive crowd of people preparing for the main attraction of the evening, her attention was drawn off to the left side, where some sort of a side show was taking place. A dwarf on stilts was juggling three longswords, while shouting out jokes to the crowd around him.

Re'ka chuckled, in spite of herself.

She let out an "Oof!" and fell down, catching herself and somersaulting back up. She had forgotten to look where she was going and bumped into a very large man wearing a full suit of armor. This is why she never lets herself enjoy anything.

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 12:09 AM
Wax stopped, and turned at the impact on his side. "Excuse me?" he attempted a glower, but found that his facial features did not want to fit into such an expression.

Darn this metal mouth...

"May I ask where you were going, that was so important to run into me?" Wax looked down at the half-orc, momentarily forgetting that there were others following him closely through the crowd.

nholloway2007
2013-07-06, 12:25 AM
Following closely behind Wax, Thorn tries to relay his story while staying far enough back to stick with Moira.

"Well, I had just come out of the Sea Dragon down there...," gesturing to the bar across the way, "...looking for a group of people to do something with, when I happened to look in the window of whatever tavern that is, and saw her with her little ferret. To make a short story even shorter, we decided to go off together in search for something to do. I have a feeling she followed me to keep me from killing (or making a bigger ass out of) myself."

riswynn
2013-07-06, 12:30 AM
Re'ka looked up at the hunk of metal that was talking to her.

She crossed her arms across her chest as she responded to the man. "Well, clearly I decided to run into you because I hate you and wanted to make an enemy," she spoke in a sarcastic and accusing tone. "Starting a fight in this crowd would be suicide, so why don't you just scoot over so I can see the festivities?"

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 12:33 AM
Wax completely missed the tale of the shifter, as his attention was focused on the highly aggressive creature in front of him.

"Well. No need to be so snippy, little one. There's more than enough room for us all here. You're more than welcome to follow us as we try and squeeze through to some better seating--perhaps right at the front."

Without waiting for her response, Wax resumed his journey, pushing through the throng to get to the front of the crowd.

riswynn
2013-07-06, 12:40 AM
Thankful that the man did not have a death wish, Re'ka decided to follow him to the front. I can get to the front by myself, of course, but this way I can save all that energy.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-06, 01:01 AM
Moira chuckled at how easily the large man was flustered. As he strode off into the town, she trotted along behind him, being sure to stick close to Thorn in case he decided to try and do battle with anymore furniture. "I was just sittin' there watchin' the lights and Thorn came over and chat but we reckoned we should check out the rest of the festival. She grinned up at the shifter before continuing. "Like he said, I reckoned I should at least keep an eye on him so he didn't make a complete bleedin' arse outta himself."

She paused as the giant warforged lumbered through the crowd and knocked over a half-orc. As they glared at each other, Moira stepped in, impressed by the girl's agility and intrigued by her sarcasm. "Can we please not cause a scene anymore than we already are" She stepped up next to Wax, emphasizing the size difference between them, watching the half-orc. "You're rather quick on your feet, what's you're name?"

shamgar001
2013-07-06, 01:32 AM
The town center is a sight to behold. The floating lanterns give way to thousands of luminescent bubbles on strings above the vast open space. The walls of the palace take up the entire East side of the square, with an imposing gatehouse in the middle. The other sides are populated by a variety of businesses, as well as the major roadways. The middle of the square is roped off and empty to make room for the performers, leaving the masses around its borders. Many people are left in the radiating streets, trying to find a high place from which to watch the show.

The horns blare again and a grand-looking door that opens to a platform above the gatehouse opens. The crowd's cheers become deafening as the governor of Tetsu-Ryu, a portly man in a ridiculous hat, steps out. After enjoying the praise of his citizens for half a minute, he gestures a request for silence. The crowd settles down and he begins to speak with a magically-amplified voice.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/NPC%20Faces/governorhappy_zps43103667.png "Today is the most prestigious of days, for it marks not only the beginning of another year, but the Year of the Iron Dragon, in which our beloved city was founded 345 years past! Our most esteemed scholars of the stars foresee that this will be a prosperous year for-"

A loud boom echoes across the city. The crowd expects to see a large firework, but none light the sky. A murmur spreads among the people.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/NPC%20Faces/governorhappy_zps43103667.png "These newfangled alchemical fireworks aren't always as stable as we'd like, haha. As I was saying, this will be a prosperous year for our people..."

The governor continues his speech. He is an energetic speaker, but the people in the square are clearly more interested in the coming performance than his grandiose words.

From the back of the crowd, a small voice fights to be heard.
"Lemme t'rough! I gotta ring da bell!"

Elfination
2013-07-06, 09:31 AM
//waitaminute I was supposed to post in green, wasn't I?//

Aysiria watched as the metal man, the dwarf with the ferret, and a shifter moved off into the crowd, now seeming to have a conversation with each other. Huh. All these interesting elements just converging.

Seems like my kinda party, Aysiria thought.

"Behave yourself," she cautioned Timothy. "That's someone's companion, like you."

Timothy huffed in a large-scale version of that sigh that cats have. He swished his tail, muttering quietly in that tone that Aysiria knew meant he knew exactly what she was saying. Felines make no promises, but he did understand her.

They moved together a little faster, trying to catch up to the little party that had formed. Out of nowhere, a scrappy half-orc bounced off the metal man.

Aysiria lagged back and watched, wondering if she ought to intervene. She wasn't sure how these people were all drawn together, nor why she was so intrigued by them. Perhaps it was the wild differences.

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 12:52 PM
Wax quickly grew bored with the speech, and was preparing to cause some mischief, just when the loud boom rang out. He turned, still not listening to the pompous man, and sought out the source of the explosion. I wonder what that noise was...

Wax was still searching out the source of the explosion when he heard the small voice say something about ringing a bell. So, only wanting to do his civic duty, Wax searched for a bell somewhere nearby that looked as if it needed ringing.

I think that's two separate perception checks, so, here we go.
Source of Explosion: [roll0]
Bell: [roll1]
(I'm totally an instigator right now).

Elfination
2013-07-06, 01:13 PM
Timothy squeaked very briefly as his paw was trod on. Aysiria felt Timothy's body get unceremoniously shoved against her.

"Lemme t'rough! I gotta ring da bell!"

Whatever bell it was, Aysiria wasn't sure this was scheduled. She also wasn't too sure that explosion was a "misfire". Having everyone in the center of the city like this, unarmed and inebriated...

"Be careful, Tim," she half murmured, stroking his ears. "Could be trouble brewing."

Naur138
2013-07-06, 02:25 PM
Kento took his time getting to the city square, knowing that the mayors speech would drone on for awhile before anything interesting happened. Having finally arrived, he begins to search the crowd for an interesting group to join. Towards the front he notices a group made up of a dwarf with a bundle of fur on it shoulder, a man that appeared to be made of metal, a aggressive looking half-orc, and a fellow shifter that was very, very drunk.

"Well, that looks like an fun little group."

Kento begins to work his toward the odd ensemble. It's slow going, as most people aren't willing to make room for anyone, not even a paladin in shiny gold armor!

shamgar001
2013-07-06, 02:28 PM
Wax can't locate the origin of the boom, being in the middle of what is essentially a large amphitheater. He does see the bell in question. It is hanging from a tower on a large temple, apparently jointly dedicated to Avandra and Melora. The child seems to be heading in that direction. He ducks beneath Wax's legs.

Elfination
2013-07-06, 06:18 PM
"I wonder what ringing the bell will do?" mused Aysiria aloud. "Anyway, it's not like there isn't enough noise."

She looked at the temple and decided she ought to pay respects to Melora tomorrow. Maybe the bell has something to do with Avandra, thanks for all the tourists, she thought.

nholloway2007
2013-07-06, 09:07 PM
Thorn started to move closer to the orator, attempting to sense something...anything.

I need to see if I can get up there...like to the bell tower or...where the fireworks are. I don't trust what I just heard.

"Think about that for a minute, folks," Thorn said to the small group of newcomers gathered near him. "Did that sound like any firework you had ever heard?"

Makes perception check looking for doors or stairs upward: [roll0]

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 09:35 PM
Hmmm...Something's wrong here... Wax turned to the group behind him.

"I think something's might be up. I'm going to try and push through this crowd to see if something's going on out there--if I'm wrong, then I just get the pleasure of missing out on the rest of this fool's speech; If I'm right, we might have some trouble coming. I'd rather bet on trouble, personally."

Wax began the journey back out of the crowd, forcing his way through where necessary, and using his menacing figure to try to clear the rest of the people out. He didn't stop to see if any of the others were following him.

Intimidation! Third time's a charm?: [roll0]

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-06, 09:55 PM
At the sound of the bang, Bofur quickly scurried down into Moira's bag, terrified of the thunderous noise. Moira's hand instinctively flew to the holy relic that dangled around her neck. "What in the name of Sehanine's bloomers was that?!"

She looked around wildly to try an locate the source, failing of course due to both her height and the sheer amount of people. Her head whipped around as Thorn and Wax spoke. "I've been to plenty of parties in my day and no firework sounds like that. Not even the bleedin' homemade ones! Somethin's definitely not right."

She thought for a second and trotted after Wax. "Oi! Tall boy! Remember when I said you could be useful to us short folk? I think that time's about now." She grins up at him, hoping to get a better view of everything from atop his shoulders.

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 09:59 PM
Wax stopped his progress through the crowd momentarily, and turned to the dwarf.

"What do you suggest? I cannot see over the entire crowd, even with my height."

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-06, 10:04 PM
Moira grins up at the massive warforged. "Aye, but if I ya lift me onto your shoulders, I'll be able to see another couple o' feet above your head. I can see what's going on." She pauses for a moment waiting for the metal man. "Go on then! Lift me!"

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 10:14 PM
Wax was moderately concerned that he wouldn't be able to lift the girl. She was small, true, but Wax's body was built to channel arcane energies more than dwarf girls.

He looked at her appraisingly. I can handle that.

"Alright. Up you go." At this, Wax reached down and lifted her up on to his shoulders, holding on to her to keep her from losing her balance on his shoulders.

Once she was up, he continued moving through the crowd, trying to get to a place with a better vantage of what was going on.

nholloway2007
2013-07-06, 10:19 PM
"Hey tiny! How's the weather up there?" Thorn hollered back, chuckling a little at the sheer height difference between the huge metal warforged and the almost child-sized dwarf.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-06, 10:36 PM
Moira stands atop Wax's shoulders wavering slightly but gaining her balance quickly. She chuckles at Thorn's comment and glances down at him. "Well if it starts rainin' I'll be the first to know!" She scans the crowd for a moment before grinning down at Wax "Hey, I think I can see my house from here!" She laughs.

Her face grows serious again as she turns her eyes back to the massive throng of people, scanning the crowd and the surrounding buildings, searching for the source of the bang or any cause for disturbance among the people. There's got to be a reason that boy wants the bell rung in the middle of a speech..

Makes perception check to look for
The source of the bang: [roll0]
cause for disturbance in the crowd: [roll1]

tbergman92
2013-07-06, 10:48 PM
Wax rolled his eyes at the girl's comment.

"Umm. I just realized. I never caught your name. I'm Wax. What name do you go by, other than 'tiny,' of course." He grinned at the shifter, who was beginning to be swallowed up by the crowd filling in the spaces behind Wax as he walked away.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-06, 10:59 PM
Moira for the first time in her life, finds she has to look down at her newfound friend, reaching down to shake his hand. "Moira. Moira Gingerbeard, pleased to meet ya." Bofur pokes his head out of his hiding place in her satchel for a few seconds only to see the great height at which he suddenly finds himself before quickly ducking back inside. The dwarf chuckles "And this little scaredy ferret is Bofur. He isn't really accustomed to bein' up so high. Normally he's real friendly."

nholloway2007
2013-07-06, 11:06 PM
As the alcohol begins to wear off, Thorn pushes up through the crowd, rejoining his newfound group of friends, and is seemingly newly thrown off by the fact that he no longer has to look downward to talk to the little redhead.

"What uh...whatcha doin' up there? See anything?"

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 12:59 AM
"Ah, that's alright. I can always get to know him better when he's a little closer to the ground." Wax smiled, and then echoed the shifter's question. "Can you see anything?"

Wax continued to wade through the crowd with Moira on his shoulders until he got to the outskirts of the throng of people.

Elfination
2013-07-07, 08:16 PM
The group she was following had turned around and was heading right toward Aysiria. That boom had startled a lot of people, and the mayor's nervousness was apparent. She suspected the group was either heading to investigate or fleeing - either of which was better than listening to another word. She kept her position, and when the metal man approached, she piped up.

"Can I help?"

shamgar001
2013-07-07, 08:55 PM
The people in the crowd ahead of Wax are not inclined to move for anyone, even a child. The boy turns toward the impromptu group with pleading eyes.

"I gotta ring da bell. Dere is pirates out dere!"

A young elfmaid nearby apparently overhears this. "I've read all about pirates! They rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into their clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that ord-"

"Young lady!" Her mother scolds, "Don't talk about such dreadful things!"

The boy further implores the group. "Can you make the people move?

"Shut up, ye whelp, yer makin' a racket!" a man gruffly says.

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 09:08 PM
"Pirates? Damn." Wax immediately began planning for what needed to be done.

"Alright. First, we either need to get this kid to the bell, or ring it ourselves. Preferably with the kid. You--" Wax pointed toward the half-orc who had shown her acrobatic skill earlier, and continued, "or I probably have the best chance of getting through the crowd. Can you get the kid through with you, or do I need to do it?"

Wax turned to the others. "The rest of you need to get outside, and figure out what's happening. We need to know what we're up against before we can decide what to do."

riswynn
2013-07-07, 09:17 PM
"It would be easier for me to do it myself, without the kid. We aren't that far away, and once I get on top of the buildings I could get to the bell with no trouble. I would just need a boost," Re'ka responded to Wax, as she glanced at the small kid.

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 09:26 PM
"Alright, then. Moira, I'm gonna have to set you down now." Was reached up and lifted her down, gently setting her on the ground.

"The rest of you, Push through the crowd, I'll catch up as soon as I get her up on the roof. Kid, you need to go somewhere safe. Stay away from the docks, and from anywhere that has anything valuable. You, I didn't catch your name." Wax looked at the half-orc. "You can tell me on the way. Lead me to wherever you need the boost from." He waited for her to head off, and followed her when she did.

riswynn
2013-07-07, 09:54 PM
As Re'ka heads to the nearest wall that is at least somewhat vacant, she shouts back at her new friend. "MY NAME IS RE'KA VELIKA! JUST OVER HERE SHOULD WORK. QUICK, GIVE ME A BOOST!"

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 10:04 PM
Wax shook his head. There was no need to shout--He was right behind her. He reached down and lifted her up to help her reach the top of the wall.

Athletics check to assist: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-07, 10:09 PM
Wax's boost was ... adequate. Enough to give Re'ka the help she needed.

Re'ka gets a +2 bonus to her next athletics check.

nholloway2007
2013-07-07, 10:15 PM
"Moira, Aysira, why don't we head down to the docks and see what we can find there? Pirates aren't known for being particularly...sneaky, if you will," Thorn says quietly to the pair in front of him.

riswynn
2013-07-07, 10:30 PM
"Thanks!" Re'ka told Wax, as he was lifting her up.

She steadied herself, then crouched and jumped up a few inches to grab a hold of the edge of the roof. She begun to swing herself from side to side, and then swung her legs onto the surface, which allowed her to get onto the roof and stand up without casualty.

She glanced down at Wax again. "I'll meet you all by the docks! Unless I get caught...ha!"

Athletics check to get onto the roof: [roll0]

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 10:37 PM
Wax smiled, despite himself as Re'ka scrambled onto the rooftop. That girl's a bit cocky... He shook his head.

Focusing back on the attack, Wax pushed through the crowd and out of the amphitheater. When he got outside, he looked around for the others.

Naur138
2013-07-07, 10:39 PM
As Kento draws nearer to the group, he sees them starting to force their way back through the crowd with a mission in mind. Now even more intrigued by the odd band of people, he backs out of crowd and runs toward the group.

"Hey, what are you guys doing? Need any help?"

shamgar001
2013-07-07, 10:43 PM
Re'ka successfully finds her footings and mounts the roof. The apex of the roof is long and straight. If drops off into an alleyway before reaching the temple, which will need to be crossed.

riswynn
2013-07-07, 11:14 PM
Re'ka ran along the roof until she reached the alleyway. She quickly grabbed her grappling hook from her bag, aimed at a gargoyle, and threw it across. She did this all while crossing her fingers in good luck.

Dexterity check to get across: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-07, 11:30 PM
The finger-crossing must have worked - the grappling hook made it around a gargoyle head and pulled tight. Nobody seems to have noticed.

riswynn
2013-07-07, 11:48 PM
Re'ka climbed the rope up to the other side of the alleyway and collected her hook.

Quick as she could, she made her way along the rest of the roof until she stood in front of the enormous temple bell.

Re'ka braced herself for the sound, pulled the log back as far as it could go, and let it swing forward to strike the bell. She covered her ears and ducked as soon as her hands let go of the log.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-08, 12:10 AM
Moira, being dropped by her large warforged friend turned to Thorn. "Alright, guess it's just us then. We need to get out to the docks an' see about these pirates." She turned to Asyria glancing at her large black feline. "You comin' with us then? We can meet and greet on the way." As she turns and starts to trot off to the harbor gates, another catches them asking if he can be of any help. "Alright, another set o' hands won't hurt. But let's get a move on!"

Elfination
2013-07-08, 11:40 AM
"Right there with you!" Aysiria nodded enthusiastically. Timothy was more than happy to follow the dwarf-who-had-ferret, and Aysiria turned quickly with them.

"Hi, Um, I'm Aysiria. This is Timothy. We saw you at the tavern, and I made him promise to leave your ferret alone, but I don't know how to explain that to your ferret. Tim's actually really good. Anyway, did I hear the little kid say pirates?? Oh dear."

shamgar001
2013-07-08, 02:05 PM
BOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

The clear, powerful reverberations from the large bell put Re'ka in a daze briefly, but it gets the point across. The audience murmers and the governor looks up toward the tower.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/governorannoyed_zpscdac4129.png "What do you mean by interrupting my wonderful speech? You'd better have something to say for yourself. Guards, go arrest them."

Another explosion, this one louder and apparently closer, rattles the windows on the shops around the square.

riswynn
2013-07-08, 02:35 PM
"Over my dead body..." Re'ka muttered to herself, knowing the governor couldn't hear her.

She turned toward the crowds and began to shout. "THOSE BIG BOOMS YOU ARE HEARING ARE NOT FIREWORKS. THEY HAVE TO DO WITH THE PIRATES THAT ARE ABOUT TO ATTACK US! PLEASE, EVERYONE, GET TO YOUR HOMES IMMEDIATELY! DON'T TRY TO BE A HERO."

Hoping that that was enough to convince the masses, Re'ka turned away and jumped back onto the roof. She ran a short distance before deciding to jump back onto the ground, since there were guards headed her way on both sides.

Falling damage: [roll0]
Acrobatics check to reduce fall damage: [roll1]

tbergman92
2013-07-08, 02:38 PM
"Come on guys, we need to go, now. Let's head toward the docks, and see what we can do." He turned, and as he was about to run toward the docks, he heard what the mayor said about Re'ka. Looking up to check on her, he saw that she was disoriented from the bell's ring, but recovering quickly.

"Seriously? That guy's an idiot. He needs to be mobilizing the troops to take out the pirate attack, not to arrest Re'ka for alerting him about it." Wax shook his head, but saw Re'ka jump off the roof and run their way.

"Alright. We really need to head out--Let's go to the docks. Any of you that can be stealthy, try and scout ahead." Wax began running toward the docks.

Not running in game mechanics terms, more like double moving. I don't really feel like granting CA, at the moment.

shamgar001
2013-07-08, 03:50 PM
The governor suddenly looks very worried. A pair of guards step in front of him and over-cautiously protect his retreat into the walled palace. A well-armored dragonborn with a glaive steps out to the platform. His voice is not magically amplified, but nobody has trouble hearing him.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/dragonborn_zps08c7572b.png "People! Do not disperse. The gates of the place walls will open and you will all move inward in an orderly manner. The guards will protect the city; worry about your own lives and the lives of your loved ones. Captain Roboar, take your squad to scout. All other guards assemble in the square and prepare to meet the invaders. Any creature with the skill and weapons to fight, you are not bound to protect this city, but any volunteers will be appreciated. Assemble in the square if you choose to do so. "

riswynn
2013-07-08, 03:58 PM
Re'ka continued walking towards the commotion the pirates were causing, ready to fight. She didn't give what the head of the city guard said a second thought.

Naur138
2013-07-08, 05:33 PM
Kento decides to start moving towards the docks along with the city guard, wondering how the half-orc learned about a pirate attack without leaving the city square. Was there actually an attack? Maybe she was just trying to stir up trouble? Either way there was no long a reason to stick around the city square and the chance to gain some glory fighting pirates was too much to resist.

Elfination
2013-07-08, 05:34 PM
Aysiria decided to follow Wax's idea. Dashing ahead, she and Timothy found some shadows to conceal them, and Aysiria extended all her senses to see what she could.

stealth: [roll0]
perception: [roll1]

(did I do that right?)

nholloway2007
2013-07-08, 11:01 PM
Thorn begins to head down to the docks, following the rest of the group, looking for any signs of the invaders down that way.

Perception check to look for signs of the pirates: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-08, 11:55 PM
Plumes of smoke rise from several places around the city near the docks. Although the crowds had mostly gathered near the town center, a few still remained on the streets, now screaming and running in terror or trying to barricade themselves in buildings. The bell back in the temple, along with other bells throughout the city, are ringing furiously in alarm. Guards rush about, either returning to the square or trying to protect the citizenry. Whatever the pirates are doing, they seem to moving through the city very slowly.

Around a street corner, the party sees a small group of guards stalwartly holding off advancing raiders, but more pirates are arriving.

tbergman92
2013-07-09, 12:31 AM
"Those guards are going to need help. I'm headed that way--you can join us, and we'll finish them off faster, or you can look for trouble elsewhere. But if you're with me, we're going now." Wax ran, shadows coalescing around him to distort his appearance, until he was just within range of the pirates.

Noticing that the dim light was slightly detrimental to the fighting, Wax activated a small globe embedded in his body. Suddenly, the entire area was flooded with a bright light, which seemed to shine out from him, though his specific features were still shrouded by the shadows swirling around him. That's a bit better. Wax smiled as he prepared to enter the fray.

riswynn
2013-07-09, 12:42 AM
This Wax fellow is quite a good leader...I haven't seen one like him since my last adventuring party...

Re'ka runs after Wax, pulling her spike chain out of it's holster.

Elfination
2013-07-09, 07:58 AM
Knowing that diplomacy would be no help against pirate raiders, Aysiria drew her scimitar and headed after Wax. As they ran, she cautioned Timothy: "Do what you can but don't you DARE get hurt or captured!! You're my baby kitty, and I love you."

Timothy growled his assent - they'd had this conversation many times since his kittenhood.

shamgar001
2013-07-10, 01:24 AM
As the party moves toward the commotion, they can see more clearly what's going on.

Only three guards are holding off a few of the raiders. A pair armed with spears and shields are trying to fend off a large trained scorpion while avoiding the hit-and-run attacks of the corsairs. The third guard stands behind a bar extending from a restaurant, firing his crossbow when he has a shot.

The building behind the corsairs is already burning, and the fire may spread if left unchecked.

Encounter Begin!

Initiative:

Aysiria & Timothy: [roll0]
Kento: [roll1]
Moira: [roll2]
Re'ka: [roll3]
Thorn: [roll4]
Wax: [roll5]

City Guards: [roll6]
Pirate Swashbucklers: [roll7]
Stormclaw Scorpion: [roll8]

shamgar001
2013-07-10, 11:08 AM
Two of the guards are carefully fending off the giant scorpion. They try a combination technique to rob the arachnid of its footing. The foot sweep misses its mark, but the second guard manages to hit its back with his spear.

Behind the counter, the third guard reloads his crossbow from a crouching position, then stands and fires at a nearby pirate. The quarrel merely glances off of the pirate's arm, drawing blood but doing no significant damage.

Guard 1
Standard action: Foot Trip against Stormclaw Scorpion
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: The Stormclaw Scorpion grants combat advantage for its next attack.

Guard 2
Standard action: Spear against Stormclaw Scorpion
Attack vs. AC: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage, and the target is knocked prone if it is granting combat advantage.

Guard 3
Minor action: Reload
Move action: Stand
Standard Action: Crossbow against Swashbuckler 1
Attack vs. AC: [roll3]
Hit: [roll4] damage.

Naur138
2013-07-10, 01:42 PM
With the pirates now in sight, Kento draws his sword and charges towards the nearest foe, the pirate behind the cart. As he swings his blade at his opponent, it begins to glow with a brilliant light.

Minor action: Draws Sunsword
Move action: Run to G12 (-5 to all attack rolls and grants combat advantage until the start of my next turn)
Standard action: Charge to J16, Ardent Strike vs. Pirate Swashbuckler 1 (Ardent Strike can be used instead of a MBA at the end of a charge)
Strength vs. AC [roll0]
on hit: [roll1] damage, target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn
Free action: use Sunsword to create bright light in a 3 square radius around Kento

shamgar001
2013-07-10, 04:28 PM
The pirate's attention is drawn by the sound of clanking armor. Looking up and seeing the shifter paladin clumsily charging toward him, he makes a sneering smile. He sidesteps the attack like an uncoiling spring, then responds with an attack of his own, cutting into the shifter at a join in his armor. Instinctively, he steps back with his guard up, preparing to continue the fight.

Meanwhile, the other two continue to skirmish with the guards, following their practiced patter of hitting and moving. The parry with their shields and spears. Although they are mostly successful, it's clear that they are outmatched and won't be able to keep it up much longer.

Swashbuckler 1 (this happens during Kento's turn)
Immediate Reaction (triggered by Kento's missed attack): Shift to K17.

Swashbuckler 1
Standard action: 2 Cutlass attacks against Kento

Attack 1 vs. AC: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Attack 2 vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3]
If both attacks hit, Swashbuckler 1 deals an additional 6 damage.
Move action: Shift to K18.

Swashbuckler 2
Move actions: Shift to G19
Standard action: 2 Cutlass attacks against Guard 1

Attack 1 vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5]
Attack 2 vs. AC: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7]
If both attacks hit, Swashbuckler 1 deals an additional 6 damage.

Swashbuckler 3
Move actions: Move to J18
Standard action: 2 Cutlass attacks against Guard 2

Attack 1 vs. AC: [roll8]
Hit: [roll9]
Attack 2 vs. AC: [roll10]
Hit: [roll11]
If both attacks hit, Swashbuckler 2 deals an additional 6 damage.

tbergman92
2013-07-10, 05:15 PM
Wax followed the Paladin's rush into the fray, though he didn't move quite so quickly. As he reached a good vantage, shadows surrounding him, he spat out an oath in a hellish language, which bound the life force of the scorpion to the infernal powers at his command.

Reaching out an arm, Wax casually pointed at the scorpion, causing a blast of pure eldritch power to blast towards it.

Move Action: Move to G11. Shadow Walk Grants Concealment, Hidden Sniper Gives Me CA on Ranged attacks.
Minor Action: Warlock's Curse the Scorpion. (I'm much better at remembering this in PBP, Jesse).
Standard: Eldritch Blast Against the Scorpion
Attack Vs. Reflex
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Warlock's Curse Damage: [roll2]

shamgar001
2013-07-10, 05:27 PM
The scorpion seizes up and twitches in pain from a source it can't see. Once the pain has receded, it returns to its fight.

It reaches out with a blue claw and snaps at one of the guards, grabbing ahold of his leg and trying to crush it.

Scorpion
Standard action: Claw against guard 2
Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is grabbed.

riswynn
2013-07-10, 06:05 PM
Re'ka pulled out her hand crossbow, flipped it open, and walked down to where the pirates and scorpion were attacking.

She stopped for a moment, looked at Wax, and winked. She then took a few more steps, aimed at the nearest pirate, and fired her bow.

Minor Action: Pull out hand crossbow
Move Action: Move to H11
Standard Action: Deft Strike against Swashbuckler 3
*Special: Move 2 squares before attack; Move to H13

tbergman92
2013-07-10, 06:10 PM
Wax was highly confused by Re'ka's wink. What was that? He wondered.

Oh well, there are bigger issues at hand. He shrugged and turned his attention back to the fight.

Elfination
2013-07-10, 09:15 PM
That fire's gonna get out of control, Aysiria thought. That's no good. She mentally scolded the pirates for getting "pillage and burn" in the wrong order, and looked around for something that would help with the fire. No magical water pumps like in bigger cities - it looks like this town's fire control is handled by PWB... People With Buckets.

If that fire goes too long, though, the PWBs aren't going to do much good. Aysiria looked for a way to help that process along. She spied a cart in the street, noting that one of the pirates was occasionally ducking behind it for cover. It looked like a couple of barrels were in the cart. Aysiria hoped they weren't full of anything important, because it was about to be dumped out in favor of canal water.

"Tim," she said to the big cat, "We need to go to that cart and push the barrels out" She summoned the best mental image she could of a playful kitten pushing a rolling ball around, and accidentally mowing down a pirate. Tim liked a little chaos in his play, and he assented.

Move action: Run to K10, Timothy moves to J13
Move action: Move to K14, Timothy jumps on the cart at J14
Minor action: Open the back gate of the cart and push the barrels out.

shamgar001
2013-07-10, 09:40 PM
The barrels roll out the back of the cart. They are well-made barrels, so they stay intact and keep on rolling. Their full weight thunder across the cobblestone streets right into the pirates. The villains try to dodge, but are too late. They fall to the ground.

Barrel 1: knock over Swashbuckler 1
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: The target is knocked prone.

Barrel 2: knock over Swashbuckler 3
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll1]
Hit: The target is knocked prone.

The barrels are now in K19 and I19. They count as difficult terrain.

nholloway2007
2013-07-10, 10:55 PM
Thorn, never one to be late to a party, especially when the party involved swords, potential death and dismemberment, and loot, decided it was time to get his hands dirty...literally.

Let's see who I can hurt...

Turning into a large wolf, Thorn snarls and snaps at the air before charging into the thick of battle, biting at the closest pirate.

Minor action: Wild Shape to turn into wolf.
Move Action: Run to I12
Standard Action: Charge to J17, MBA vs. pirate at J18
Hit: [roll1] damage

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-11, 12:06 AM
Moira, hanging towards the back of the group stared at the scene before her, The pirates yelling and beating anything they could get within arm's reach, her new comrades bracing behind cover. It'd all happened before. The first time she'd left home. Suddenly it was like she was back in the village where it'd happened. The smell of the town burning, the screams of terrified men, women and children as they fled their homes. All of it was seared in her mind. And it was happening all over again.

Before she realized what was happening, Moira found herself jerked back to reality with the sound of crashing of barrels and the pained cries of the pirates under them. She quickly assessed the situation and looked up to the front of the battle just in time to see the paladin take a terrible slice through his armor. Damn it! Get it together Moira! She shouted at herself internally.

Pulling herself together, she spotted the cart and ran for it, taking cover out of view of the pirates. Glancing around the corner for just a second to get a look at the injured knight, she takes hold of the holy relic dangling around her neck and holds it to her lips whispering a prayer of healing to her wounded comrade.
Move Action: Move to J11
Move Action: J13
Minor Action: Healing Word

shamgar001
2013-07-11, 12:15 AM
Thorn's claws rip into the pirate, who grasps at the wounds on his arm. Things were going so well, then these clowns had to show up and ruin it all.

Over by the cart, Kento feels his wounds begin to heal, a sensation he knows well: divine healing magic.

Additional hit points from Healing Word: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-11, 12:39 AM
The guards try to remain professional, but unwardly they thank the gods for their new allies. The second guard struggles unsuccessfully to pry open the scorpion's claw around his leg. Unable to do so, he instead stabs the beast. The first guard follows suit, and they both hit.

From behind the counter, the third guard takes a shot at the second pirate, trying to cover his comrade's back. The arrow finds its mark and the pirate thinks better of sneaking in an attack.

Guard 1
Standard action: Spear against scorpion

Guard 2
Move action: Escape grab
Acrobatics check vs. Reflex: [roll2]
Success: Guard 2 is no longer grabbed

Standard action: Spear against scorpion
Attack vs. AC: [roll3]
Hit: [roll4] damage

Guard 3
Standard action: Crossbow against swashbuckler 2
Attack vs. AC: [roll5]
Hit: [roll6] damage

Naur138
2013-07-11, 01:28 PM
With his wounds healed, Kento turns his attention towards the barrel that is now dangerously close to the fire, trying to discern weather or not it is filled with something that will go BOOM!

Minor action: Perception cheek on barrel to determine contents: [roll0]

Waiting on results before completing my turn

Naur138
2013-07-11, 03:08 PM
Kento sees a label on the side of the barrel that says "Oshikko brand Sake."

"Uhg,that stuff taste awful. It's only good for lighting fires! Well, best not put it to waste."

He leaps over the two pirates laying on the ground and gives one of the barrels a mighty shove towards the burning building.

Move action: move to J19
Standard action: Shove barrel on I19 towards F19
Strength check[roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-11, 03:22 PM
The two pirates lay on their backs, a little unsure of what hit them. They started to rise when the shifter paladin ran past them. Instinctively, they strike at him from the ground. One caught him on the foot, but the other hit nought but air.

Kento's mighty shove got the barrel moving. At it passes through the burning debris, it caught fire itself. The pirate by the building tries to stand his ground, but finds himself caught between the barrel and the building behind him, unable to move.

Swashbuckler 1
Opportunity action: MBA against Kento
Hit: [roll1] damage.

Swashbuckler 1
Opportunity action: MBA against Kento
Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage.

Barrel
"Saving throw" for barrel to avoid catching fire when passing through H19
[roll4]
Failure: The barrel takes 1d6 fire damage each turn (not round)

Rollls to G19
Attack against Swashbuckler 2
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll5]
Hit: The target is immobilized and takes ongoing 2 fire damage (save ends both)

shamgar001
2013-07-11, 08:30 PM
The pirates are having a bad day.

The first and third rise to their feet. They strike out with all blades, slashing their assailants.

The second, pinned to the wall by a burning cask, struggles to push it away before he gets burned too badly.

Swashbuckler 1
Move action: Stand up
Standard action: Two cutlass attacks against Thorn

Attack1 vs. AC: [roll0] (Critical Hit)
If both attacks hit, pirate swashbuckler deals 6 extra damage.

Swashbuckler 2
Takes 2 fire damage
Save to end ongoing damage and immobilization: [roll4]

Swashbuckler 3
Standard action: Two cutlass attacks against Kento

Attack1 vs. AC: [roll5]
Hit: [roll6]
Attack 2 vs. AC: [roll7]
Hit: [roll8]
If both attacks hit, pirate swashbuckler deals 6 extra damage.

tbergman92
2013-07-11, 10:46 PM
Wax once again reached out and bound the life force of one of his enemies in order to further fuel his arcane energy--this time one of the pirates. He then whirled around Re'ka, striding toward the gap between the two guards to stand next to the scorpion.

Wax shouted at the scorpion in a twisted language, and a grotesque glyph on his forehead burned with a darkly flaming light--A matching glyph floated through the air, propelled by his voice, aiming to rest on the scorpion's body.

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse Swashbuckler 1
Move action: Walk to H17, Shadow Walk, Hidden Sniper for CA.
Standard Action: Hellish Rebuke against Scorpion.
Attack Vs. Reflex (ranged)
Effect: The first time Wax takes damage before the end of his next turn, The scorpion takes 1d6+6 Damage. (Assuming it occurs on a turn other than my own, The scorpion takes an additional 1d6 damage from Warlock's curse).

shamgar001
2013-07-11, 11:16 PM
Its claws occupied by one of the guards, the scorpion instinctively lashes out its stinger at the warforged, preempting the warlock's strike with a poisonous stab. Wax manages to cast the spell and hits the scorpion.

Scorpion
Opportunity action: Sting against Wax
Hit: [roll1] poison damage, and and the target takes ongoing
5 poison damage (save ends).

The scorpion then takes 10 damage.

Sparks fly from the blue claws of the arachnid as the guard, still struggling to free himself, is electrocuted. The tail lashes out again to still the man, striking him hard.

Scorpion
Scorpion
Standard action: Sting against Guard 2
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] poison damage, and and the target takes ongoing
5 poison damage and is immobilized (save ends both).
Minor action: sustain grab.

Damage rolls for barrel on fire (from the swashbuckler's, Wax's, and the scorpion's respective turns.):
[roll4] Fire damage
[roll5] Fire damage.
[roll6] Fire damage.

riswynn
2013-07-12, 04:27 PM
Re'ka searched the fray in front of her for her next foe. Once she spotted the pirate pinned to the wall by a flaming barrel, she decided it was time to have a little fun.

She walked forward, whipped out her spike chain, and spun it around in a circle.

"So, matey. Having a bit of a problem?" Re'ka joked with the pirate before she pummeled him with the ball on her chain. She first struck the side of his head and tore his ear out. She then leaned back and lassoed her chain around his neck, pulling tight for a few seconds. To end her assault, Re'ka spun the chain around above her head and brought it down with a mighty force right upon the pirates thigh, which began bleeding profusely.

Move Action: To G17
Minor Action: Take out spike chain
Standard Action: Deft Strike against Swashbuckler 2
Hit: Regular Damage: [roll1] Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]

shamgar001
2013-07-12, 05:32 PM
The pirate gives a howl of pain as Re'ka's blade lacerates his leg. Some of his blood puts out a small part of the fire om the barrel, slowing its burning.

Barrel damage:
[roll0]

nholloway2007
2013-07-14, 11:46 AM
Thorn watches as a look of shock and horror comes across the pirate's face, as he transforms from his growling, slobbering tiger form into his two-legged, yet still thinly veiled animalistic form.

"Hello, boys...did you miss me?" he asks, snarling gruffly at the two pirates in front of him. Without waiting for a response, Thorn thrusts his staff forward and unleashes a flurry of thin, barbed tendrils at the pirate directly in his way. As they wrap around him, severely lacerating his face and body, he steps back in pain, unleashing a bloodcurdling scream.

Minor action: Wild Shape to transform back into shifter form.
Standard Action: Thorn Whip vs. pirate at J18

shamgar001
2013-07-14, 12:04 PM
Pirate 3 is now bloodied.

Elfination
2013-07-14, 12:26 PM
"such violent new friends," Aysiria chuckled to herself. Timothy was growling beside her. "Oh, go! Have some fun, just please be careful!"

Timothy bounded off the cart, Leaving Aysiria surveying the carnage. She had PLANNED to move those barrels to help put water in them... but sure, set them on fire, that would be fine too... She still wondered what was in them. She hoped it wasn't TOO flammable, what with that pirate pinned under a burning one. Well, we'll see.

As Aysiria watched, Timothy postured briefly then gleefully sprang out of a shadow at the pirate blocking the way to that other barrel. She smiled. Clever kitty.

Standard action: Animal attack against Pirate 1
Attack vs. AC: [roll]1d20+10[/[roll]
Hit: [roll0] damage

Elfination
2013-07-14, 12:29 PM
//Sorry, I had an extra [ that didn't belong in the spoiler, effing up the roll. The damage was 9, so I'm just quoting to get the THAC0 right. Or whatever we call attack-vs-armor-class nowadays... :smallbiggrin://

Well, we'll see.

As Aysiria watched, Timothy postured briefly then gleefully sprang out of a shadow at the pirate blocking the way to that other barrel. She smiled. Clever kitty.

Elfination
2013-07-14, 12:31 PM
//OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESE....//

Hit: [roll1] damage -- Jesse, the original roll was 9, pick whatever one you care to use.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-14, 10:49 PM
Poking her head around the cart, Moira sends a prayer to the thunder god as she unhooks the leather strap holding her large hammer to her back, she dashes forward quickly, her long red hair waving behind her. As she nears the least bloodied pirate, Mordinkrad begins to glow, seeming to spark slightly.

She paused in front of him for a brief moment before sending the head of the hammer singing through the air to come into contact with the side of his head with a sickening crack. As the pirate was thrown to the ground, a booming clap of thunder burst through the commotion of the battle. Moira grinned with a sort of satisfaction at the feeling of being back in the fray again, being careful to stay alert.

Minor action: unstraps Mordenkrad.
Move action: Run to K17
Standard action: Thundering Steel against Pirate at K18
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC 1d20+5
Hit:4d5+8
Effect:The next time you or an ally hit the target before the start of your next turn, the target takes 3 extra thunder damage.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-14, 10:55 PM
// ...I'm a nub... ballsed up the rolls...//

Attack: Wisdom vs. AC [roll0]
Hit:[roll0]

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-14, 10:58 PM
//ok for real this time//

Hit:[roll1]

shamgar001
2013-07-14, 11:50 PM
The hammer hits the pirate hard and the thunder of Kord echoes through the streets. The corsair stumbles back, his head still reeling.

The guards continue to attack the scorpion, happy to let their allies deal with the pirates. The second gives up on attacking the beast and focuses his energy on escaping from its claws. After much squirming, he slips out. Meanwhile the first guard gets a hit, while the third guard's crossbow bolt glances off of its exoskeleton.

Guard 2
Acrobatics check vs. Reflex: [roll0]

Success: Escape grab, and take the follwing action:
Move action: Shift to I19

Failure: Attempt to escape grab again.
Acrobatics check vs. Reflex: [roll1]
Success: Escape grab

Guard 1
Standard action: Spear against Scorpion

Guard 3
Minor action: load crossbow
Standard action: Crossbow against Scorpion
Attack vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] damage.

Burning barrel damage:
[roll6]

shamgar001
2013-07-14, 11:56 PM
The first guard starts to move away from the arachnid, but lets his guard down for too long. The whiplike tail strikes at the scorpion's escaping prey.

Scorpion
Immediate reaction: Sting against guard 2
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 poison damage and is immobilized (save ends both)

Guard 2
Save against ongoing damage and immobilization:
[roll2]

Naur138
2013-07-15, 12:32 PM
Kento puts his hand on one of the nastier slashes on his arm and says a quick prayer for healing and strength. Then he raises his sword above his head.

"Time to get this light show started."

He quickly reverses his grip on the sword and stabs it down at the ground. As it makes contact with the street a bright flash of light envelops Kento and the surrounding enemies!

Minor action: Lay on hands to self

Minor action: Channel Divinity: Divine strength
adds strength modifier to next damage roll

Standard action: Sun blade daily power close burst 1
Attack vs. Stormclaw Scorpion reflex:[roll0]
Attack vs. Pirate 3 reflex:[roll1]
Attack vs. Pirate 1 reflex:[roll2]
Hit:[roll3] radiant damage

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 12:43 PM
The flash of divine power strikes the two pirates. The first dropped a cutlass to shield his eyes from the flash. The other, not so quick, was brought near to death. He stood in a daze, trying to recover, when a low rumble followed by a crack of thunder finished him off.

Swashbuckler 1 takes damage
Swashbuckler 3 is dead

Barrel damage: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 12:54 PM
The second pirate stops trying to free himself from the burning barrel as he rubs the purple spots from his eyes.

The barrel burns through and then explodes.

Barrel
Explosion in burst 1

Attack vs. Guard 1's Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] fire damage

Attack vs. Swashbuckler 2's Reflex: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] fire damage

Effect: A zone is created in the burst until the end of Kento's next turn. Creatures who start their turn in the zone take 1d10 fire damage.

Swashbuckler 2 is no longer immobilized and taking ongoing damage, and is bloodied.

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 01:07 PM
The second swashbucker is laying on the ground, bleeding, burnt, and half-blind. He might have been content to just lay there if it weren't for the puddle of burning alcohol on the ground.

He forces himself up and gets the Hells out of there. All nine of them.

His crewmate picks up his dropped cutlass and moves closer to the scorpion. His cutlasses flash in the firelight as he slashes at his hated paladin foe.

Swashbuckler 1
Minor action: Pick up cutlass
Move action: shift to J18
Standard action: two cutlass attacks against Kento

Swashbuckler 2
Damage from zone: [roll4] fire damage.
Move action: stand up
Move action: move to J25

tbergman92
2013-07-15, 02:41 PM
Wax felt the poison at work in his body--it may have been metallic, but the complex systems that kept it working could still be affected by poison, unfortunately.

Shaking it off, Wax smiled briefly at the way the battle was going, and then snapped his fingers at the scorpion--causing a blast of power to fire at it.

Took 5 Damage from ongoing.
Standard: Edritch Blast vs Scorpion
Attack Vs. Reflex
Warlock's Curse: [roll2]

My move/minor actions depend on whether or not the Opportunity Attack from the scorpion hits me or not. I'll roll the saving throw now, but it won't take effect till the after my move/minor. I'll edit this to show my movement after I see the Opportunity attack response.

Saving throw from Ongoing Damage: [roll3]

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 03:10 PM
The scorpion lashes it's tail out at the metal man as fire engulfs its body.

Scorpion
Opportunity action: Sting against Wax
Hit: [roll1] poison damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)

tbergman92
2013-07-15, 04:08 PM
Having expected the attack, Wax grinned as he felt the pain from the scorpion's stinger. Feeling the surge of power that shattered the glyph branded on the scorpion, he laughed.

Wax initiated the internal healing mechanisms of his body, temporarily strengthening him, and making an attempt to purge some of the poison from his system.

He then stepped away from the flames that had burst out of the barrel, and out of the way of further attacks from the Scorpion.

Scorpion takes damage from Hellish Rebuke: [roll0]
Minor Action: Warforged Resolve: Gain THP equal to 3+1/2 Level (5) and make a saving throw against one effect on you that deals ongoing damage: [roll1]
Move Action: Move to I15 in such a way that it takes 3 squares of movement (H17 to H16 to H15 to I15). Shadow Walk Concealment, Hidden Sniper CA.

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 04:45 PM
The scorpion jumps back at the seering pain of the warlock's brand. It snaps its claws out at the retreating worforged and pursues it, snapping at its legs.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/pirateangry_zps32440817.png "Git back yar, ye oversized shrimp! Ye'll git yerself skewered!"

Enduring the barrage of blows the scorpion reaches to seize the metal man. He won't get away this time!

The scorpion is bloodied.

Move action: Move to H16. This movement provokes the following opportunity attacks:

Guard 1
Opportunity attack against scorpion
Attack vs. AC:

Guard 2
Hit: [roll3] damage

Re'ka
Attack vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll]2d4+ damage
Sneak attack: [roll5] damage

Standard action: Claw against Wax
Attack vs. AC: 1d20+12[
Hit: [roll6] damage, and the target is grabbed (until escape).

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 04:46 PM
Corrected damage roll for Re'ka:
[roll0] damage

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 04:48 PM
Corrected attack roll for the scorpion.
[roll0]

riswynn
2013-07-15, 05:12 PM
Not liking the immediate threat of the huge scorpion standing next to her, Re'ka decided to focus on the creature instead of the filthy pirates.

Minor Action: Low Slash against Scorpion
*Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]

Remaining actions conditional on success of roll.

shamgar001
2013-07-15, 05:19 PM
Re'ka's quick strike hits true and hard. The blue claw around Wax's leg lets go as the scorpion succumbs to its grievous injuries.

Stormclaw Scorpion is dead.

Wax is no longer grabbed.

riswynn
2013-07-15, 10:07 PM
Still feeling energized from her victorious slaying of the scorpion, Re'ka walked over to the last remaining pirate in reach and struck him upon the back.

Move Action: To H17
Standard Action: Deft Strike against Swashbuckler 1
On Hit Free Action: Furious Assault vs. Swashbuckler 1
Damage: [roll2]

nholloway2007
2013-07-16, 11:00 PM
Striking at the last remaining pirate, Thorn retreats to safety behind the cart with Aysiria and Timothy.

"Hello, friend," Thorn purrs to the big, sleek, sable cat. "And Aysiria, it's good to see you're safe and sound. Also...watch this," he said as he chuckled lightly.

As Thorn raises his staff to the sky, thunder rumbles, shaking the entire battlefield, yet seeming to concentrate on the area surrounding the pirate from whom he had just retreated. Suddenly, a bolt of lighting, seemingly out of nowhere streaks through the sky and strikes the ground, coursing through the pirate's body.

Move Action: move to J13
Standard Action: Call lightning, target J17, burst radius of 1
Attack vs. Reflex: 1d20+5
Hit: [roll0] lightning damage
Effect: The burst creates a zone of rumbling thunder that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, any enemy takes -2 to attack rolls, and any enemy that leaves the zone takes 5 thunder damage.

nholloway2007
2013-07-16, 11:09 PM
//Screwed up the format on my attack roll, so here goes the second chance.

shamgar001
2013-07-16, 11:29 PM
The pirate slashes at the retreating druid, but misses. Shortly thereafter, the thunder starts rumbling. Remembering what happened last time that happened, he prepares and manages to avoid the bolt of lightning that comes down.

Swashbuckler 1
Opportunity action: Cutlass against Thorn

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-17, 02:37 PM
Moira turned and moved forward, glancing around at the other fallen enemies, before grinning at the last pirate standing surrounded on three sides by herself, Re'ka, and Kento. "Well then. It seems to me you're a wee bit outnumbered aren't ye?" She chided, her thick accent once again making an appearance as she stared him down.

She looked down at her hammer and whispered a quiet prayer, causing the weapon to crackle and spark with the power of the storm god. Then in the blink of an eye, Moira hefted the over-sized hammer and swung it straight at the pirate's side.

Move Action: To K18
Minor Action: Storm Surge, targeting myself
Effect: the next time the target makes a damage roll for a mele weapon attack before the end of your next turn the target deals 4 extra lightning damage
Standard Action: Blessing of Wrath against Pirate 1
Attack: 1d20+10]
Hit:[roll0] damage plus 4 extra liightning damage from Storm Surge

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-17, 02:47 PM
//*sigh* ....rolls will be the death of me....//

shamgar001
2013-07-17, 03:06 PM
The crafty pirate ducks as the hammed swings past his head. He sticks his tongue out at the cleric for good measure.

shamgar001
2013-07-18, 02:23 PM
The second guard steps aside to allow the first to move out of the fire. The first tries to ignore the burns on his skin as he sets up a foot-tripping maneuver with his comrade, but the pirate won't fall for it. He is tipped by the first leg sweep, but he regains his balance in time to deflect the felling blow.

The third guard, seeing that combat was winding down, reloads his crossbow and moves around the bar to join the rest of the party.

Guard 2
Move action: shift to J17
Standard action: Foot trip against Swashbuckler 1
Hit: The target grants combat advantage, and if the next attack by another guard against the target hits, the target is knocked prone.

Guard 1
Fire damage from starting turn in the fire zone: [roll1]
Move action: Move to I17
Standard: Spear against Swashbuckler 1
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll2]

Guard 3
Move action: Move to H15
Move action: Move to H17

Elfination
2013-07-18, 08:38 PM
"DON'T KILL HIM!!" Aysiria shouted to the two ladies wielding huge weapons. "WE CAN GET INFORMATION FROM HIM!"

Turning to Thorne and Timothy, Aysiria suggested, "Can you guys go look menacing? Knock him out if you have to but DON'T kill him, OK? We can find out more and the townspeople can have a prisoner to try for his crimes."

Timothy chuffed quietly, he'd have liked to take another swat. He hoped he'd get the chance.

"And let's not go after the other guy just yet," Aysiria concluded. "Let him go back and tell the tale of how he got his hindquarters in his hands."

Naur138
2013-07-18, 09:56 PM
Not content to let any of the pirates escape, if they're going to have one prisoner, why not two? He takes a step towards the fleeing foe and gives him that stern paladin look, attempting to magically force the pirate to return to the fight.

"Get back here coward! I'm not done with you yet!"

Unfortunately, insults and believing really hard in the power of magic aren't enough to get a near dead swashbuckler to return to certain doom.

Move action: Shift to J20
Minor action: Divine Challenge agaisnt Pirate 2
Standard action: Call to Arms vs. Pirate 2
Charisma vs. Will [roll0]
On hit: pull target to an adjacent square and make a secondary attack

Secondary attack: Charisma+2 vs. AC [roll1]
On hit:[roll2] damage

shamgar001
2013-07-18, 10:41 PM
The pirate in the middle looks around and assesses his bleak situation. He raises his swords to a defensive stance, ready for anything. He calls out to his fleeing shipmate:

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/Piratescared_zps43429bfa.png "Yeh- yeh won't leave me here, will ye? Not yer own shipmate?"

The second stops and looks back. He seems torn by indecision. It would be suicide to go back, but he feels a strangely strong compulsion to engage the armored shifter, like failure to do so would anger a power beyond his ken. Superstition wins out, and he turns back toward the row.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/Piratescared2_zps792e3c9f.png" I'm a-coming to save yeh, matey!"

Swashbuckler 1
Standard action: Total defense (+2 to all defenses until the beginning of the swashbuckler's next turn)

Swashbuckler 2
Move action: Move to J20
If both attacks hit, the target takes an additional 4 damage.

tbergman92
2013-07-18, 11:26 PM
Surveying the battlefield, Wax felt himself being filled with a demonic sense of desire to harm--even at the cost of harming himself. He laughed, his voice modulating to fill with the echo of flames and pain. The glyph on his forehead once again seemed to be etched in fire as he shouted a word that seemed to twist the air as it sailed out towards the pirate to brand him.

Standard Action: Hellish Rebuke against Pirate 2.
Attack Vs. Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the first time I take damage before the end of my next turn, the target takes an additional 1d6+6 damage.

tbergman92
2013-07-18, 11:52 PM
Seeing the pirate dodge the flaming glyph flying at him, Wax growled, reset his aim at the man, and roared the word again. This time, as the flaming brand shot toward the pirate, those whom it passed could hear sounds of those in unbearable agony--as if they could hear the sounds of souls being tormented in the depths of the Hells.

Not waiting to see if the glyph branded itself onto the man this time, Wax strode around the group, gritting his teeth at the pain of walking through a large flame, to stand within reach of both pirates. He grinned evilly at the pirate he'd attacked, and reached out to bind his soul to Wax's vitality.

"You can keep the one alive, if you'd like, but this one's dead!" Wax shouted at the girl with the panther, his voice once again filling with the inferno of torment that they'd heard before, his eyes beginning to dance with the flames of Asmodeus's realm.

Action Point: Standard Action: Hellish Rebuke against Swashbuckler 2.
Attack vs. Reflex.
Hit: [roll1] And since I'm taking damage from the flames right after the attack, assuming it hits, another [roll2] damage.

Move Action: Walk to I19 (H16, G17, H18, I19). Shadow Walk, Hidden Sniper, Concealment and CA.

Damage from Flames: [roll3]

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse on Pirate 2.

riswynn
2013-07-19, 08:07 PM
When Re'ka saw that this battle was not yet over, she decided to help her allies finish off these pirates.

"If there was only one left, we could indeed interrogate him! But with two, that might be a little hard to arrange, Aysiria!"

Minor Action: Sneak in the Attack against Swashbuckler 1
Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target and has combat advantage over it, deals an extra 2d8 damage.
Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Swashbuckler 1
Effect: If target attacks me before the start of my next turn, I make same attack as an immediate interrupt.

shamgar001
2013-07-19, 08:11 PM
The barbed end of Re'ka's spiked chain made contact with the pirate's body, forcing him off balance, and leaving him vulnerable to another powerful attack.

Re'ka's forgotten sneak attack damage: [roll0]

Swashbuckler 1 is now bloodied.

nholloway2007
2013-07-20, 10:36 PM
After turning into a large black panther only slightly smaller than Timothy, Thorn spoke to Timothy in a series of growls, purrs, and what could only be described as meows. Thorn then assumed an attack position, with the front half of his body lower than his swishing tail. He dashed toward the first pirate, teeth bared, before propelling all 160 pounds of cat at the first pirate, intending to sink his teeth into the pirate's left shoulder.

Minor action: Wild Shape to turn into panther.
Standard Action: Charge to J17, pounce vs. pirate at J18
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] damage. Target grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it before the end of your next turn.

shamgar001
2013-07-20, 10:53 PM
The guard standing by the pirate sees the two bestial forms bounding toward him. He steps off to the side politely, not desiring to become a cat toy on this particular day.

Timothy charges in alongside thorn, playfully swatting at the bloody corsair, but not hitting.

Guard 2
Immediate interrupt: shift to K16 (I'm cheating. Deal with it.)

Aysiria & Timothy
Move action: Timothy moves to J17
Standard action: Timothy uses Animal Attack against Swashbuckler 1

Elfination
2013-07-21, 10:05 AM
Aysiria watched as the shifter mirrored Timothy's appearance, the two of them scampering off as though they were long-time playmates. The shifter dealt a swift and painful blow to one of the pirates, but Timothy seemed to be swatting at nothing. Silly kitty. He's not taking this very seriously, Aysiria thought.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-23, 10:54 PM
Moira paused for a moment wondering how to best finish this quickly. She was getting bored of these two dopey pirates and was running low on patience."Alright then, we keep one......"She hoisted her hammer once more, swinging it at the head of the nearest pirate, silently praying it comes off with this last swing. "Just not this one!" She grins awaiting the sound of his head hitting the street as Ra'ka's spike chain begins to flair with divine power.

Standard action: Blessing of Wrath
Effect: Myself or an ally within 5 squares of me gains a power bonus to his/her next damage roll against the target before the end of my next turn. The bonus equals my Con. (+3)

Naur138
2013-07-23, 10:58 PM
Frustrated by the pirates good fortunes in this fight and the numerous wounds covering his body, Kento loses what little restraint that he had, giving in to his animal nature. With a vicious growl he lunges at the pirate that just struck him.

Minor action: Longtooth shifting
+2 to damage rolls, gain regen 2 when bloodied
Move action: Shift to I 21
Standard action: valorous smite vs. Pirate 2
Attack vs. AC:[roll0]
On hit:[roll1] damage
All enemies within 3 squares of me is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my turn.

shamgar001
2013-07-23, 11:09 PM
Moira's hammer crushes the skull of the pirate, leaving his body a shattered form in a pool of blood. The rumble of thunder dies away.

Nearby, the second pirate dodges another swing of the paladin's blade. He is taken aback by the sudden transformation and questions the wisdom of coming back. He makes an attack and tries to move away.

Swashbuckler 1 is dead.

Swashbuckler 2

Attack 1 vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage

If both attacks hit, the swashbuckler deals an extra 4 damage.
Move action: shift to K22

tbergman92
2013-07-24, 01:04 AM
Feeling the pirate's lifeforce bleed into a protective shell that would abate some of the power of his foe's attacks, Wax circled around to cut off one of the last pirate's routes of escape. As he neared the pirate, Wax's forehead flashed, temporarily infusing the pure light that shone from around him with a dark, flame-like quality. As yet another glyph appeared to hover in front of him, Wax called out in the infernal language again, and the glyph sped toward the Pirate's face.

Move: Walk to J23 (around Kento's back, so I don't provoke).
Standard: Hellish Rebuke against Pirate 2.
Attack vs. Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the first time I take damage before the end of my next turn, the target takes an additional 1d6+6 damage (As well as curse damage if it's not on my turn).
Curse Damage: [roll2]

shamgar001
2013-07-24, 01:33 AM
The pirate clutched his head as the glyph burned into his forehead. The pain seems to be almost enough to overwhelm him.

riswynn
2013-07-24, 05:47 PM
Excited to be rid of this group of foes, Re'ka stepped forward and swung her spiked chain around the last standing pirate.

Move Action: To J20
Standard Action: Dazing Strike against Swashbuckler 2
Hit: [roll1] and target is dazed until the beginning of my next turn

shamgar001
2013-07-24, 07:57 PM
Re'ka's chain wraps around the pirate's neck and the razor blades slice his blood vessels open. He falls to the ground, never to pillage again.

The encounter is over.

The flames continue to burn and the wooden roof of the nearby building caves in. The first guard clutches a wound on his upper arm and issues orders to his subordinates.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/guardcaptnormal_zps060209ee.png "Go man the water lift. Empty that cask into the gutter - away from the fire, please - and use it as a reservoir. You all-" he gestures to the party, "-go find some buckets and form a line to put out that fire."

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/guardnormal_zpse01c512f.png "Sir! I saw some buckets behind the bar there." The third guard offered.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/guardcaptnormal_zps060209ee.png "Thank you, Koto. Let's get to work."

The captain headed off toward the bar while the other two wentto the canal wall, where an Archimedes's screw-like mechanism could draw water up and out of a spigot.

tbergman92
2013-07-24, 09:00 PM
Wax stared at the man, struggling to control his leftover rage from the battle, only barely keeping from blasting the man out of indignation. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself and spoke, the glyphs on his body fading to their nigh-undetectable state.

"I believe that our talents would be better put to work on combatting those who are trying to set additional fires, and harm the people here. I think that we should go search for those who are instigating this attack, not cart buckets of water." Wax was doing his best to be as convincing as possible, though he could only do so much--he was a giant metal man, after all.

Elfination
2013-07-24, 10:11 PM
Aysiria stepped up beside Wax, a cool touch on his arm.

Confidently, she looked at the guards and smiled.

"I'm sure we're more than happy to help heal you all up..." With that, she gestured toward Moira, "... Have you got someone patrolling further? Somewhere there's a ship with a crew that's only missing three. Well, and a scorpion. We're happy to make sure they don't get in by another entryway. Where else in the city could the pirates enter?"

Timothy stood next to Aysiria, and sat in that purposeful manner that cats have, demonstrating that he would follow Aysiria's suggestions, and that he thought everyone else should, too. He stared at the guards, blinking slowly, his tail curled carefully over his front paws.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
I think that's right...

shamgar001
2013-07-24, 10:34 PM
The guard captain stops and frowns. It is apparent that he is not used to his words being disregarded.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/guardcaptfrown_zpsf5a3ecb8.png "My orders are not binding to you. I cannot advise you to go and fight the intruders, but neither can I stop you." His countenance lightens. "But you are obviously all capable warriors (except perhaps for that paladin). The pirates could only have come through the harbor; if you head that way, you'll surely find more of them. This road leads directly there."

Another explosion echoes through the streets. "If all else fails, you can just follow the blasts. Now excuse me please; the sooner we get this fire out, the sooner we join our brothers."

He heads over to the bar to get the buckets. The other two had already inserted a crank into the wall and are now turning it, bringing water up from the canal and into the emptied sake barrel.

tbergman92
2013-07-24, 10:39 PM
Wax turned to the rest of the group, the guard already forgotten.

"Is everyone still well enough to continue fighting, or does anyone need for us to find some healing? I myself am not unscathed, but it's nothing I can't take care of myself."

Wax spends 1 healing surges. (for those of you fairly new/not currently talking with the soon-to-be-Fortners, apparently Jesse's giving us a free short rest here).

riswynn
2013-07-24, 10:45 PM
"Well, I'll need a moment to gather my bearings but then I will be ready to go. I think it is a likely story for the rest of us that do not live in a fullmetal body."

Re'ka uses one healing surge.

Naur138
2013-07-24, 11:25 PM
Calming down from his rage, Kento stumbles over to the wall to lean against it.
"I think I need to rest here for a while, that last fight was not kind to me. I swear I usually fight better than this." While he is catching his breath, he pulls the shield off of his back and gets it ready, just in case another group of pirates comes along.

Kento spends 3 healing surges and equips his shield.

shamgar001
2013-07-29, 01:52 AM
A voice cries out from the opposite side of the canal.

“Help! Somebody help!”

A distraught tiefling woman stumbles into sight, dragging a crying girl behind her. She sees the party and slows down to assess the group before her. Apparently deciding that they aren’t pirates, she moves close.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/tieflingcrying1_zpsaae57bff.png “Please! Please, you must help me! Those pirates have my children trapped in our apartment back there. My husband said he’d get them, but he’s a merchant; he won’t last long against those murderers!”

The girl tugs violently on her mother's hem.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/youngtiefling_zps960f806d.png “Mama! We need to go back and get big brudder!”

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/tieflingcrying2_zpsaa037f26.png “I know you don’t know us, but…but…my babies!” The woman collapses and begins to sob uncontrollably.

riswynn
2013-07-29, 02:27 PM
"WELL...we should go now to assist you," Re'ka responds in an unsure voice, while looking around at the clan.

tbergman92
2013-07-29, 02:33 PM
Wax turned to the woman. "Where is your home? We must know if we are to save your family."

shamgar001
2013-07-29, 03:03 PM
The woman holds her child close and points down the street, saying through her sobs, "It's straight down the street ... by the Typhron office."

tbergman92
2013-07-29, 03:39 PM
Wax turned to the others. "Let's go."

Without waiting for a reply, he began running down the street the way she pointed, looking for the Typhron office.

Elfination
2013-07-29, 11:43 PM
Aysiria nods in assent. "We'll find them, ma'am."

Timothy nuzzles against the child and mother briefly, a soft purr in his throat, then bounds ahead.

nholloway2007
2013-07-30, 11:03 AM
"I refuse to leave anyone in danger," Thorn said, assuming, after everyone else, that he spoke for the rest of the group.

shamgar001
2013-07-31, 02:35 AM
The party moves across the canal and down the street. Soon they see a large sign over the entrance to a tall building, which reads Typhron & Associates, Overland and Maritime Trading Company. Beside that, on the near side of the entrance, is an indent in the line of buildings, closed off by a high brick privacy wall. The gate has been torn from its hinges and is lying in the street.

Through the doorway is a courtyard for some apartments. A fountain in the middle babbles on, oblivious to the chaos around it. There are some piles of debris on the ground near the gate, and the figure of a middle-aged male tiefling can be seen a short distance away lying on the ground. He seems to be unconscious.

Another band of pirates are causing a ruckus around the courtyard. A short hobgoblin seems to be the ringleader, issuing orders with a temper to match his stature. A burly buccaneer with a mace is attempting to break down the door to one of the apartments, while the remaining pirates seen to be trying to get some torches burning. None of the pirates have seen the party.

tbergman92
2013-07-31, 03:14 AM
Arriving at the gate, Wax turns off his delver's light, and moves into a better position. Planning out his strategy, Wax decides to...run into the midst of the guards.

Move to O11. Not actually running in yet, just waiting.

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-07-31, 10:39 AM
Moira watches the pirate with the mace banging on the door and turns to the rest of the group. "Alright then... we should get together a plan of attack, make sure we know what we're...." She trails off watching wax sprint towards the foes. She stares after him at a loss for words, her gesturing hand still hanging in the air. Bofur pokes his furry little head out of the top of her satchel giving him a curious look before spotting the danger ahead and disappearing back into the depths of the bag. "....Or run in 'n let 'em know we're gonna attack... I guess that works..."She glances back at the group questioningly.

riswynn
2013-07-31, 12:19 PM
Re'ka glances at Moira as she walks to more advantageous spot. "Well, it was a nice thought, anyway..."

Move Action: To O11

Elfination
2013-07-31, 05:40 PM
Aysiria shrugs. "Or, yeah. that. He sure loves a good battle." She turns to Timothy, scratching his ears. "Okay, you know the drill. And do try to take it seriously if you're going to pounce someone, hmm? Anyway, how would you like to go for that hobgoblin, he looks about your size. Just have fun with him."

Aysiria looks at Thorn. "So, Wax is metallic, and you can throw lightning, and there's a lovely fountain there. I'm sure you guys can come up with some sort of plan there."

With that, Aysiria draws her scimitar, and steadies her nerves to defend herself and Timothy.

shamgar001
2013-08-02, 02:30 AM
Encounter Begin!

Initiative:
Aysiria & Timmy: [roll0]
Kento: [roll1]
Moira: [roll2]
Re'ka: [roll3]
Thorn: [roll4]
Wax: [roll5]

Hobgoblin Ringleader: [roll6]
"Dread" pirates: [roll7]
Bandana pirates: [roll8]

The first round is a surprise round. All enemies are surprised. Surprised creatures cannot take actions in this round and grant combat advantage against those who do.

riswynn
2013-08-02, 12:30 PM
Re'ka stealthily moves toward the band of pirates with her spike chain hanging at her side. Just as the nearest pirate looked over to his comrade to shout something lewd, she swung her chain behind his leg and pulled, tripping him and leaving him vulnerable to another attack. She then raised her chain and swung it at his chest.

Move Action: To L9
Minor Action: Sneak In The Attack against Dread Pirate 1
Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target & has combat advantage deals an extra 2d8 damage
Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Dread Pirate 1
Attack vs. AC: [roll0] *Forgot +2 for CA.
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]

Naur138
2013-08-02, 08:41 PM
Much less stealthily, Kento charges towards the Hobgoblin giving the orders. Not content with the standard entrance, he makes a show of it by leaping over the fountain and setting his sword ablaze with holy light as he thrusts it towards the orange menace.

Move Action: Move to L10
Standard action: Charge to J8
Ardent Strike vs. Hobgoblin Ringleader
Charisma Vs. AC:[roll0]
On hit: [roll1] damage, target is marked
Free action: All attacks with the sunblade do radiant damage

tbergman92
2013-08-04, 01:32 AM
Wax recklessly charged into the midst of the pirates, stopping when he reached the Hobgoblin, and activating the Delver's Light he carried. As he drew close to the apparent ringleader, he twisted the arcane threads running from the orange creature's soul, fusing them to the source of Wax's infernal power.

As he came to a stop, hellish power flickering in his eyes, Wax grinned as there was an apparent flash of flame, and a smell of sulfur that expanded out in a circle from Wax to encircle all of the enemy combatants, lashing them with a psychic force that made a two-way binding between Wax and the pirates--one that would both fuel his own life force--and force those who attacked him to pay the price in their own blood.

Move: Walk to J7. (Shadow Walk/Hidden Sniper)
Free: Delver's light, bright.
Minor: Warlock's Curse the Ringleader.
Standard: Tyrannical Threat Versus Close Burst 3 (Target: All Enemies in Burst)
Constitution vs. Will
Hit: [roll1] damage, and you place your Warlock's Curse on the Target.
Miss: Half Damage, and you place your Warlock's Curse on the Target.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever a creature cursed by you attacks you, it takes psychic damage equal to your intelligence modifier (4) plus Warlock's Curse Damage, if it has not yet been applied that turn.

Warlock's Curse Extra Damage on Ringleader: [roll2]
Sneak in the Attack Extra Damage on Dread Pirate 1: [roll3]

tbergman92
2013-08-04, 01:36 AM
Okay. I'm stupid, Multiple attack rolls for AOE attacks. So, here we go. We'll say it was in order from closest to farthest, so that first roll is the Hobgoblin.
Dread Pirate 1: [roll0]
Dread Pirate 2: [roll1]
Bandana Pirate 1: [roll2]
Bandana Pirate 2: [roll3]

shamgar001
2013-08-04, 10:24 AM
Kento's attack barely missed the hobgoblin. The leader's mocking sneer vanished when we saw the metal man charge in. All of the pirates feel the pain of Wax's curse.

Dread Pirate 1 is bloodied.

nholloway2007
2013-08-06, 10:48 AM
Having waited behind cover as he considered his best course of action, Thorn slowly moves up and takes a hiding place behind the fountain. He raises his staff and directs an icy blast of cold at one of the furthest pirates.

Whispering to himself, Thorn solemnly quips, "The ice man cometh." He seemed to remember this phrase being echoed in some other plane, but for the life of him, he couldn't remember why.

Move action: move to L10
Standard action: Frost Flash against bandanna pirate 2
Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] cold damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of my next turn

shamgar001
2013-08-07, 03:42 PM
The Tiefling on the ground looks like he went down fighting, though not fighting very well. His right hand loosely grips an antique khopesh, while his left arm looks broken, surrounded by the remains of a smashed shield. Although the wounds covering his body are bleeding profusely, his unconscious gasps indicate that he is still struggling to remain alive.

Damakos:
Death saving throw 2/3: [roll0]

riswynn
2013-08-07, 10:33 PM
As Re'ka glanced around at her allies, she remembered that the reason they were there is to save the father and children. This knowledge gave her the boost she needed to strike with a great vengeance.

"Someone that is good with healing, go to the father and try to get him stable. We probably don't want him to die."

Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Dread Pirate 1
Effect: If target attacks me before the start of my next turn, I make the same attack against him as an immediate interrupt.

shamgar001
2013-08-07, 10:42 PM
The pirate's throat is slashed by the razor edges of Re'ka's spiked chain. He drops his flail to clutch the mortal wound, then falls over and dies.

Dread Pirate 1 is dead.
The surprise round has ended.

Aysiria, being more reserved than the other party members, sneaks in during the confusion, making herself ready to jump in and sending Timmy around the fountain to pounce. Timmy crouches low enough not to be seen, and the pirates don't even see him enter the area, their attention on Wax and Re'ka.

(Since Emily isn't quite ready to post herself, I'm posting for her.)
Move action: Aysiria moves to N8, Timmy moves to L11
Minor action: Timmy drops prone
Move action: Timmy crawls to J12 and makes a stealth check
Stealth check: [roll0]

TheLolnerdgurl
2013-08-08, 08:48 PM
Moira eyed the scene before her, calculating her moves carefully. She glanced around at the Hobgoblin, noting that he seemed to be the leader of this band of miscreants. He's the head, take him out and we squash the brain. Her vision panned right to the severely wounded tiefling in the corner. Poor fool... She grinned quietly to herself having formulated her perfect strategy.

She made her way around the wall to the wounded creature, sprawled out on the floor, checking his wounds quietly and saying a quick prayer of healing to mend him as much as possible.

When she was satisfied that her patient would survive, she turned on the Hobgoblin, charging towards him, hammer raised. As she approached him, she hauled the massive hammer from over her shoulder, swinging it quickly through the air, to meet the side of the Hob's head with a grotesque cracking sound.

Move action: move to M8
Minor action: Healing word of Damakos
Standard action: charge to J8, attack hobgoblin

shamgar001
2013-08-08, 09:29 PM
The wounds on the Tiefling's body miraculously begin to heal, and the divine power of Kord mends his broken arm. His eyes open slightly, but he's still too week to get up.

Moira's attack hits. Damakos is healed to 1 hit point.

Naur138
2013-08-10, 10:21 PM
Having just barely missed with his charge, Kento staggers forward another few steps before he brings himself to a stop. Turning back to face the leader, Kento raises his fiercely glowing sword over his head and brings it crashing down at the Hobgoblin a second time. "May Pelor's light smite you!"

Move action: Shift to H7
Minor action: Channel Divinity: Solar enemy
All enemies within 2 squares around Kento gain 5 vulnerability to radiant damage
Standard action: Valorous Smite vs. Hobgoblin
CHA vs AC:[roll0]
On hit: [roll1] radiant damage, all enemies within 3 squares of Kento are subject to his divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

shamgar001
2013-08-10, 11:20 PM
The sudden charge of the party and the quick slaying of one of the pirates left the other subordinates in a state of disarray. Once the hobgoblin gets his head about him, he is quick to get his men back in line. He issues commands in a voice that suggests a more sophisticated origin than piracy.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/hobgoblinyelling_zpsbe502ada.png "Yurgush! Get behind the paladin! Bombardiers, take out the rest. Move!"

The pirates respond to his commands. A half-orc -probably named Yurgush- with a morningstar moves behind Kento and prepares the one-two attack he had practiced with the hobgoblin.

Hobgoblin
Minor action: Tactical Deployment
Effect: Allies in a burst 5 shift 3 squares.

Dred Pirate 2 shifts to G7
Bandana Pirate 1 shifts to F11
Bandana Pirate 2 shifts to G13
Standard action: Glaive against Kento
Attack vs. AC: [roll0] (combat advantage)

The hobgoblin's attack hits home. The half-orc swings his morningstar toward the opening created by his commander, but his swing is wild and misses by a wide degree.

Dred Pirate 2
Standard action: Skullthumper against Kento
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll2] (combat advantage)
Hit: [roll3] damage, and the target is knocked prone and dazed (save ends).

The other two pirates, both human, move away from the fire they were starting. They pull out exotic-looking tools and start to load them with egg-sized ammunition. As one of them circles the fountain, he sees Timmy ready to pounce.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/Piratescared_zps43429bfa.png "Oy! There be a big 'ol cat back 'ere!"

He lobs the egg at Timmy. As the ammunition leaves his thrower, a beam of light falls from the sky and delivers Pelor's judgement. The egg explodes against the side of the fountain, covering it with frost, showering Timmy with ice crystal.

Bandana Pirate 2
Standard action: Special Shot against Timmy
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] cold damage, and the target is slowed.
Miss: Half damage, and the target is not slowed.

Bandana Pirate 2 takes 7 radiant damage and is bloodied

The other bombardier ducked, hoping to avoid the divine punishment, and decided he'd better attack the paladin. The egg hits the ground next to Kento and released a puddle of acid. Some of it gets on Kento, but it doesn't stick to him as it was intended to.

Bandana Pirate 1
Standard action: Special Shot against Timmy
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7] acid damage, and ongoing 5 acid damage.
Miss: Half damage, and no ongoing damage.

tbergman92
2013-08-11, 01:33 AM
As he chants in the demonic language of his power, Wax raiss his arms towards the Hobgoblin leader, and a fiery image of himself appears in the air. Pausing momentarily, the figure seems to grow fangs of dripping flame before rushing toward the leader in an attempt to drain him of his life force through a vampiric embrace.

Standard: Vampiric Embrace vs. Hobgoblin Leader
Ranged Attack vs. Will
Hit: [roll1] damage, and Wax gains 9 THP.
If he takes the opportunity attack, additional 4 damage.

shamgar001
2013-08-11, 11:46 AM
The hobgoblin is of strong mind, and he resists Wax's advance. He is a little too trained for his own good, and reflexively sidesteps and thrusts his sword into a joint in Wax's shell.

In this moment, he becomes one of the rare individuals who has been castigated by both angels and devils at the same time.

Hobgoblin
Opportunity action: Glaive against Wax
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the hobgoblin shifts to H6

Hobgoblin takes 12 radiant damage and 4 psychic damage, and is bloodied.

nholloway2007
2013-08-11, 10:11 PM
Thorn decides to stay behind the fountain as he unleashes his next attack. Raising his staff toward the sky, the skies darken as clouds move in over Kento, the Hobgoblin, and the Dread Pirate. Thunder rumbles and lightning cracks the sky, before suddenly streaking downward toward the pirates.

Standard action: Call Lightning
Target: G6 and each creature in burst
Wisdom vs. Reflex
Attack vs. Dread Pirate 2's Reflex: [roll0]
Attack vs. Hobgoblin's Reflex: [roll1]
Attack vs. Kento's Reflex: [roll2]
Effect: The burst creates a zone of rumbling thunder that lasts until the end of my next turn. While within the zone, any enemy takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, and any enemy that leaves the zone takes 5 thunder damage.

riswynn
2013-08-11, 10:45 PM
Re'ka didn't want to let the other pirates get away without a taste of her medicine, so she jumped up on the fountain to quickly get to the other side of the room. She ran up to the pirate, swinging her chain and giving it a little more "Umph!" in an attempt to seriously injure her foe.

Move Action: To G11
Standard Action: Dazing Strike against Bandana Pirate 1
Hit: [roll1] and target is dazed till the end of my next turn

riswynn
2013-08-11, 10:54 PM
Using her momentum, Re'ka swings her chain a second time at the pirate who fell prey to her just a moment ago. Poor guy didn't even see it coming.

*Action Point*
Free Action: Furious Assault (+2d4 damage)
Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Bandana Pirate 1

shamgar001
2013-08-11, 10:57 PM
Re'ka's furious assault mangles the body of the pirate. His blood soaks the cobblestones of the apartment courtyard.

Bandana Pirate 2 is dead.

Elfination
2013-08-15, 11:14 PM
Aysiria surveyed the bloody scene. She picked her way over to the gasping tiefling and knelt beside him, laying a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Where is your son, sir? Your wife and daughter sent us. They are fine, they're getting to safety. Where is your son?"

As the Tiefling struggled to speak, Aysiria murmured quietly, rubbing her hands together, pulling her healing energies and creating a small golden seed. One of them will need this, and I hope that boy is okay.

As she spoke, Aysiria glanced in Timmy's direction. He was crouched, sizing up one of the pirates. She'd heard some commotion that the guy saw him, but she wasn't sure if he realized that Timothy was a force of nature.

Timothy charged and pounced.

Standard action, Timmy: Charge to H13,
Animal attack against Bandana Pirate 2
Attack vs. AC: [roll]1d20+11[/[roll]

Minor action, Aysiria:
Seed of Healing, spending 1 healing surge to create a seed that bestows +17 HP on its recipient.

Elfination
2013-08-15, 11:17 PM
DANG IT I did it again.....

Timmy's REAL Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Jesse: use whichever damage you wish, if they're different.

shamgar001
2013-08-15, 11:36 PM
Timmy's claws sink into the flesh of the pirate, who is knocked down by the feline's weight.

Over by Aysiria, the tiefling takes the seed. Even though his injuries have healed, his body is not conditioned like that of an adventurer, and he is still very weak.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/maletielfingweak_zps626d5146.png "He's in ... apartment ... told him to ... barricade ... uhh."

Naur138
2013-08-16, 01:57 PM
With a renewed resolve from having finally hit something, Kento continues to strike at the leader, attempting to hold his enemies' focus.

Minor action: Divine Challenge on Dread Pirate 2
Standard action: Ardent Strike vs. Hobgoblin Ringleader
On hit: [roll1] radiant damage, target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

shamgar001
2013-08-16, 05:17 PM
The bright light from Kento's blade seers the hobgoblin's skin and exacerbates his wounds. He stumbles back and shouts,

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/hobgoblinsquinting_zps3d6ef89c.png "Gaah! Yurgush, keep this one off of me!"

The half-orc nods and circles around Kento before bringing his morningstar down on Kento's head.

Dred Pirate 2
Move action: shift to H8
Standard action: Skullthumber against Kento
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll0] (combat advantage)
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is knocked prone and dazed (save ends).

shamgar001
2013-08-16, 05:27 PM
The hobgoblin betrays a bit of excitement at his plan finally working. He thrusts his glaive down at the fallen shifter, then moves away. Aysiria attempts to stop his escape with her scimitar, but he avoids her and makes it to the gate.

Standard action: Glaive against Kento
Attack vs. AC: [roll0] (combat advantage)
Move action: Shift to I5
Action point: Move to N10, provoking an opportunity attacks from Aysiria.

Aysiria
Opportunity action: MBA against hobgoblin

shamgar001
2013-08-16, 05:34 PM
On the other side of the courtyard, another pirate was face-to-face with a vicious panther which seemed to be enjoying itself a little too much. The pirate carefully loads his thrower as he back toward the corner. Suddenly, he jumps back while slinging his ammunition at Timmy's paws. The small bag tears open as dozens to sticky tendrils begin to wrap themselves around Timmy's paws, sticking them firmly to the ground. The pirate sneers.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/piratesneer_zps4d9548cb.png "Won' be sneakin' up an' pouncin' on anyone like that, now will ya?"

Move action: shift to F14
Standard action: Tanglefoot vs. Timmy
Hit: The target is immobilized until the pirate's next turn, at which point the target is slowed until the pirate's next turn.

Elfination
2013-08-16, 05:35 PM
"BASTARD!" Aysiria shouts, hoping one of her new comrades will realize the hobgoblin's escape. He seemed a little too gleeful to be running away here, though she figured she'd be gleeful to run away also, if she was on that metal guy's bad side.

"We'll find him, and we'll get him," she assured the Tiefling, as he tried to sit up cautiously. She wasn't sure if she meant the hobgoblin or the tiefling's son, but either way she knew they'd prevail.

At least Timothy was enjoying himself...

She looked over to see Timmy get all scramble-footed and fall over. "oh, SERIOUSLY?"

nholloway2007
2013-08-17, 11:52 PM
Having heard Aysiria's shout, Thorn quickly stepped back into the fountain before facing the escaping Hobgoblin. As the waters splashed around his feet, he raised his staff and mused, "Awww...leaving so soon? We haven't even had dessert yet." Suddenly, tendrils lashed out from the tip of Thorn's staff in an attempt to ensnare the escaping goblin.

Move action: move to K10
Standard action: Thorn Whip
Target: Hobgoblin
Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Attack vs. Hobgoblin's Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1], and the target is pulled 2 squares

riswynn
2013-08-18, 12:26 AM
Glancing behind herself, Re'ka spots one of the last pirates, and behind him, the Paladin. "Want some help, Kento? I have nothing better to do," she says as she walks the short distance to where they were fighting.

Move Action: To H9
Minor Action: Low Slash against Dread Pirate 2
Hit: [roll1] and target is slowed until the end of my next turn
Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Dread Pirate 2
Hit: [roll3] and if the target attacks me before the start of my next turn, I make the same attack against him as an immediate interrupt

shamgar001
2013-08-18, 12:40 AM
The hobgoblin begins to desperately hack at the vines holding him back. Across the courtyard, the half-orc turns his full attention to Re'ka, confident that he doesn't need to worry about the dazed paladin. He is able to avoid her most brutal attacks, but takes a number of hits nonetheless.

Dred pirate 2 is bloodied.

Elfination
2013-08-18, 09:37 PM
"Stay calm, stay here, okay?" Aysiria said to the tiefling. "I just need to hurt someone for a moment, and then I'll be right back and we will find your son."

Aysiria turned her attention to the no-longer-fleeing hobgoblin. It seemed that he wanted to run, he just couldn't - which was okay with her.

"I have very little patience for your type," she snarled, raising her scimitar and striking out at her foe.

Move to L11
Standard action: Dynamic Assault against hobgoblin
Hit: [roll1],
and Moira can take a free action to move three squares.

Elfination
2013-08-18, 09:46 PM
"KENTO!" Aysiria shouted to the paladin. "Try to snap out of it! FOCUS! I believe in you!!"

Minor Action: Knack for Success on Kento
(Target Ally gains a saving throw)

shamgar001
2013-08-18, 09:53 PM
Aysiria's words get through to Kento, and his head clears up.

Kento's saving throw to end being dazed: [roll0]
Success: Kento is no longer dazed.

tbergman92
2013-08-22, 04:23 PM
Wax quickly dashes pasts the hobgoblin to the gateway out of the courtyard.
Once he gets there, he turns to face the orange creature, and grins. The glyph on his forehead flares briefly, before deadening to black. Wax opens his mouth, and a stream of flies begins pouring out of it to swarm the hobgoblin.

Move: Walk to N10, through M9 to provoke an OA, in case the hobgoblin decides to take it.
Standard: Cloud of Flies Vs. Hobgoblin Leader.
Attack vs. Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] acid Damage, and the target grants Combat Advantage until the end of my next turn.
Miss: The Target grants combat advantage to Wax until the end of my next turn.

shamgar001
2013-08-22, 04:57 PM
The hobgoblin prepares to strike at the warforged, but thinks better of it. He cuts himself free of the last of the vines when he gets a swarm of insects in his face.

Naur138
2013-08-22, 09:20 PM
Kento was not at all happy that the last strike managed to disorient him and he was now out for revenge, both against the one who made the strike and the one who gave the order. Standing up and casting down his shield, Kento throws all his might into his swings, targeting first the pirate next to him and then channeling his energy to drag the leader back into range.

Standard action: Ardent Strike vs. Dread Pirate 2
On hit: [roll1] radiant damage, target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

Minor action: Divine Challenge vs. Hobgoblin ringleader

Action point: Call to arms vs. Hobgoblin ringleader
Charisma vs. Will: [roll2]
On hit: Target is moved to I8 and I make a secondary attack
Secondary attack:
Charisma Vs. AC:[roll3]
On hit: [roll4] radiant damage

shamgar001
2013-08-22, 09:40 PM
Kento's blade hits the half-orc, who recoils from the blow. The hobgoblin hears Kento's challenge and feels a magic compulsion to engage the paladin. He turns, starts walking, then suddenly stops.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/shamgar001/hobgoblinyelling_zpsbe502ada.png "To the hells with that!"

He resists the urge and turns his ire on the druid.

Standard action: Glaive against Thorn
Hit: [roll1]damage.
Move action: shift to M9

shamgar001
2013-08-22, 10:19 PM
Moira anticipates the hobgoblin's movement and readies a strike against him. Her hammer crashes down, bringing with it a dire warning from the gods not to her or her allies.

Move action: Move to M8
Standard action: Divine Castigation against the hobgoblin
Hit: [roll1] thunder damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever the target attacks you or any of your allies, it provokes an opportunity attack from you.

shamgar001
2013-08-22, 10:27 PM
The hobgoblin's lifeless body hits the cobblestone courtyard. His two remaining raiders see it, and lose some of their bravado.

The half-orc moves out of the space between Kento and Re'ka, having had enough of their teamwork. He swings his mace at Kento, his mind working furiously-but-ineffectively to find a way out. His cleverer human compatriot has an idea, and abandons his post.

Dred Pirate
Move action: shift to I7
Standard action: Morningstar against Kento

Bandana Pirate
Move action: move to K14
Move action: move to N14

nholloway2007
2013-08-26, 06:55 PM
Thorn remained where he stood and raised his staff. Clouds darkened the sky and a slowly loudening thunder rumbled, until suddenly, a deafening thunderclap filled the air and a bolt of lightning rent the sky, hurtling toward the ground.

Standard action: Storm Spike
Target: Dred Pirate at I7
Wisdom vs. Reflex
Attack vs. Hobgoblin's Reflex:
Hit: [1d8+5, and if the target doesn't move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to your wisdom modifier

shamgar001
2013-08-26, 07:21 PM
The half-orc ducked, but was struck by the lightning nonetheless.

Rerolling damage: [roll0]

riswynn
2013-08-26, 07:26 PM
Re'ka places her feet shoulder distance apart and braces herself as she swings her chain from in between her legs behind her to the pirate just a short distance away, bringing the spiked ball down directly on his head.

Standard Action: Riposte Strike against Dred Pirate 2
Hit: [roll1] and if the target attacks me before the start of my next turn, I make the same attack against him as an immediate interrupt.

tbergman92
2013-08-31, 02:32 AM
Wax circled around near the gate to spread the shadows and conceal his actions. As the shadows built, he pointed at the pirate on the pile of debris and a bolt of infernal power shot at the pirate to strike him down.

Move: Circle to M9, M10, N11.
Standard: Eldritch Blast against bandana pirate 2
Attack vs. Reflex
Hit: [roll1] Damage
Warlock's Curse: [roll2]

shamgar001
2013-08-31, 02:35 AM
The pirate, who seemed to have been looking for a way to climb over the wall, takes the hit squarely in the middle of his back. He just barely survives the blast of magic.

Naur138
2013-09-01, 11:34 AM
With the pirate brute on the verge of death, Kento moves in for the finishing strike.

Minor action: divine challenge vs. Dread pirate 2
Standard action: Holy strike vs. Dread pirate 2
STR vs. AC: [roll0]
On hit: [roll1] Radiant damage

shamgar001
2013-09-01, 11:43 AM
Kento's blow brings the half-orc down.

Across the plaza, the last pirate puts the skills he learned at sea to use and climbs over the brick wall. He reaches to top and then disappears over the side.

Move action: Climb the wall, then drop over the other side.
Athletics check to climb: [roll0]

tbergman92
2013-09-04, 01:44 PM
Wax saw the pirate scale the wall, and immediately began running around the wall to catch him. As he approached the Pirate, he pointed at him, firing a bolt of power at him. As it approached the pirate, Wax's curiousity won out over his bloodlust, and he crooked his finger--twisting the energy into a form that would only knock out the pirate.

Move: As close to the pirate as I can get, without provoking.
Eldritch Blast vs. Pirate
Attack vs. reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage (nonlethal).
Warlock's Curse: [roll2] (nonlethal).

shamgar001
2013-09-04, 02:08 PM
The bolt hits the pirate's body, and he seems to be unaffected by it. He runs a few more steps, then suddenly collapses.

tbergman92
2013-09-09, 01:35 PM
Wax walks up to him, checking to make sure that he's unconscious.

In case I need a check, here's a d20: [roll0]. I can figure out the bonus and total after a ruling on whether or not i need a check.

shamgar001
2013-09-09, 04:01 PM
The pirate is out cold. There's no telling how quickly he might wake up, though.

No check needed.

tbergman92
2013-09-09, 04:25 PM
Wax grabbed the pirate's arm and began to drag him, rather roughly, toward the gate. As he approached, he called out, "Anyone have any rope? I'd like to tie this one up before he wakes up."

nholloway2007
2013-09-09, 10:30 PM
"Wax, I have some rope if you need it," says Thorn, as he pulls the satchel from his back. "This ought to be about 50 feet worth, so feel free to take what you need."