PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Template

Thurbane
2013-07-01, 08:39 PM
Are there any templates (or combination of templates) that will turn an Outsider into a Humanoid?

End goal is to turn a Mechanatrix into a Humanoid, while retaining his SLA and Ex abilities.

I am aware of the Lesser Planetouched option, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

It doesn't matter if the templates are LA --.

Cheers - T

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-01, 08:46 PM
Dustform+Incarnate Construct should do the trick, I believe.

Crake
2013-07-01, 08:48 PM
isnt there a type pyramid in savage species that prevents a reduction from "greater" to "lesser" types? I guess you can just disregard that since its 3.0 though?

Urpriest
2013-07-01, 08:56 PM
isnt there a type pyramid in savage species that prevents a reduction from "greater" to "lesser" types? I guess you can just disregard that since its 3.0 though?

Yeah, since it's 3.0 (and there are lots of templates that don't follow its rules) it's not generally worthwhile.

Anyway, Humanoid is tricky to get to while keeping SLAs and Ex abilities. Incarnate gets you to Humanoid, but loses all abilities. I can't think of a template that can turn you into a Humanoid if you aren't one already besides Incarnate. I guess Dragonborn kind of can, but it's poorly written.

Thurbane
2013-07-01, 09:03 PM
Hmm, looking like Lesser Planetouched might be the only option...

ShurikVch
2013-07-01, 11:23 PM
Feat Human Heritage :smallwink:

Thurbane
2013-07-01, 11:53 PM
Human Heritage is promising...I'm trying to get into the Renegade Mastermaker PrC, which specifies Type: Humanoid in the reqs, so not sure if the feat would work?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-02, 07:24 AM
Human Heritage is promising...I'm trying to get into the Renegade Mastermaker PrC, which specifies Type: Humanoid in the reqs, so not sure if the feat would work?

Nope, it definitely works.
You are treated as a humanoid with the human subtype for the purpose of adjudicating all effects. If you are not a humanoid, your type changes to humanoid and you gain the human subtype. If you are already a humanoid, you gain the human subtype. In either case, you retain any other subtypes you had (such as orc or extraplanar), and you retain any traits common to all creatures of your original type (such as darkvision). You gain 4 additional skill points.

Nicely done, ShurikVch

relytdan
2013-07-02, 07:49 AM
hate to be the one to burst the bubble here..
Races of destiny pg. 152
General Feat
Human Heritage*
Prerequisites
Half-human or human-descended race
Benefit
You gain the human subtype and 4 skill points
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.
See the Variant: Half-Humans and Humanlike Races sidebar, page 150, for more about races eligible to select this feat.
and from what I see in fiend folio pg 137 Mechanatrix are type - outsider and have no human or half-human variant available for this feat to work
however if you plug some template in like .. Half-Minotaur
(born to one Minotaur parent & a giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid)
(DR313 p94) - it might work.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-02, 08:33 AM
It depends on the DM - all of the planetouched (whose numbers include mechanatrixes) are called out to be humans with a touch of outsider blood.

Technically, the genasi from the FRCS or the planetouched from MM2 don't qualify either, but I can't see a reasonable DM not letting them qualify.

Thurbane
2013-07-03, 01:28 AM
Yep, all good. I agree, would require some DM interpretation and leeway with the feat, but since I would be the DM, that shouldn't be a problem. :smallwink: