PDA

View Full Version : PTA Battlefest: Ruby Bracket

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-01, 09:00 PM
No matter where your coming from, you've all converged on Driftveil City. You've sat through long line of registrations and paperwork. You've been filed into the grandiose Pokemon World Championship arena. As you step out onto the floor, you see.... nothing. Well mostly nothing a long line to a pair of curtains hung over the center arena. Periodic flashes of light appear from behind the curtains, and another person steps in, but no one steps out.

One by one, you step into the curtains. There are two people in lab coats, one asks for your ID badge and the other works a keyboard. After checking your ID, they tell you your bracket and asks you to stand on the Red, Blue, Green or Topaz X on the floor. A whir of machinery and you are ripped from your spot, as you are teleported. You appear inside a room. No one greets you, but on the floor is a pathway in the same color of the X you were just standing on. Following the pathway leads you to a small auditorium, slowly filling up with other people.

Once seated, a man comes in in a League Uniform, who recites in a dreadful monotone the rules of the tourney, before pulling up the bracket. The bracket you reside in matches the color X and Pathway you followed.

Finally, in the Ruby auditorium, the man speaks with a bit more cheer. Rules are done, we can start the first match in the Ruby Bracket. Jakob Stevens, if you will please follow me. He motions and a door slides open to his right.

Arcran is up first.

Arcran
2013-07-02, 10:16 AM
Jakob follows, rolling Weapon 1's Pokeball around in his hand.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-02, 10:30 AM
You are lead into a narrow winding stairwell, which brings you up and out of the building you were in. You are buffeted by wind, realizing you were not in any building, but a large airship. The skyscrapers of Castelia surround you, showing you've long left Driftveil. Another boy, seemingly younger than even you, stands on the opposite side. Both of you are led to the center of the upper deck, where another teleportation platform resides. Stepping onto it, you are thrown across Unova.

When you regain your balance, your inside a cave. A large, slowly rotating set of monitors hover over a arena carved out of the cave floor. The Monitors blaze the words

Reverse Mountain Arena
Ruby Bracket Round 1 Match 1
Jakob Stevens vs. Dudicus Namicus

Init count:

Dudicus
Jakob
Weapon 1
Shock

Dudicus is forgoing his turn, he has no actions he wants to use right now.
Map link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdDdfbEJ6Q29GSldCQjBJZjdXNUxNTGc#gid=3)
Players do not have editing rights, mainly to avoid accidental (or not-so-accidental) mix ups or map destroying activity. While posting, please be as clear and explicit as possible. Make sure your marking your starting position, and your end position and the route, if it isn't obvious. As far as features go, if you activate (or invoke, in the case of static features), you must put them being activated (or invoked) in a spoiler in your post.

Arcran
2013-07-02, 01:19 PM
Jakob glares at his opponent. Dudicus? What was he, some gladiator wannabe?

1, let's get this started. Make it hard for this idiot to find you. Double Team.

The beast flickers as multiple copies of itself spread around the battlefield, running around to confuse his foe.

Double Team

Just gonna say the top left squares. If I were saying location of current Weapon 1, it'd be A7, for reference.

A1, A5, A9, A13

I will PM IrnBru with the location of the real one.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-02, 07:23 PM
For easier reference, I've numbered all Clones on both sides. If you would, PM Blues the real one as well, so then someone will know where it is at any given time. I'll be doing the same.

Hey! No fair, you can't use 4 pokemon at once! And not even the same one, the dude totally said that! Before the realization struck the boy. OH! I can do that too! Shock, Double Team! The beast lumbers forward, splitting into 4 copies. Your pokedex dings Blastiose as Dudicus' dinged Arcanine. Fire type eh? I got lucky then! Shock, remember our training about moving over tough terrain? The turtles simply nod.

Shock (Blastiose) used Double Team.
Dudicus used Terrain Mastery.

Arcran
2013-07-03, 12:21 PM
Any reason you're already announcing our 'mon for all to see?

Blastoise is a Water Type and can easily hit 1 Super Effectively. That is, unless measures are taken...

1! Focus on your Special Defense! He's got cannons! Then Sunny Day! he shouts as he focuses on the Arcanine.

Jakob: Stat Boost (SDEF)

1: Shift: Nope!
Standard: Sunny Day
Free: Special Defense Boost

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-03, 08:13 PM
Because you have pokedex that ID in 1 round. Its going to be impossible to keep your mon a secret unless the match ends the round they are released.

Sun brightens and Dudicus squints. Why is it sunny inside? Dude, really? That ain't cool bro, Shock's gonna dry up! Shock doesn't seem to mind though, as he waddles forward, through the stream and further still.

Dudicus does nothing (thanks for skipping his turn), Shock double shifts
Init count:

Dudicus
Jakob
Weapon 1
Shock

Arcran
2013-07-03, 10:48 PM
But do you really have to just straight up state their name?

I didn't. Blastoise went, he went, then it's me.

Shut up, Jakob mutters, annoyed.

He looks at the Blastoise. If he was right, the damn thing was a lot weaker in the Defense than 1 was...

Jakob: Stat Subversion+. -2 SDEF stages. (FA)
Superior Ability: If 1 has a higher DEF than Blasty, -1 more. (FA)
Use Defense Boost on 1 (TA).

Alright 1, let's get rid of those clones. Aerial Ace!

Using Clone Numero 1.
Move to C2 (1), E4 (4), K4 (11), K3 (12), M3 (15), N3 (16)

Should hit S3 and S2.

Can't miss.
Crit Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Also moving other Clones.
2 to D7
3 to A13
4 to J14

Arcran
2013-07-03, 11:00 PM
As Jakob sees the Blastoise prepare to surge forward, he shouts out a command.

Extreme Speed!

Extreme Speed!
AC: 2 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Then I move back to A1.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-03, 11:17 PM
The Blastoise disappears as the clone dashes back to its hidey corner. Haha! That was a fake! The Blastoise growl, moving about respositioning themselves on the field. One chases after the clone who killed is imaginary companion, another towards the lava flow and the final takes residence inside the stream. The ground shakes a bit, the water and lava ripple. What was that?

S3 was a clone, more double movement. Curse 4 Overland. No action from Dudicus.

Arcran
2013-07-03, 11:46 PM
I could care less. Could you shut up and battle?

1, let's use that Aerial Ace now, Jakob says.

2 will use it, ending in F1.

Crit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Should hit S2 and S4.

Move 1 to J1, 4 to S9.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-03, 11:58 PM
Not so fast, Aqua Jet! S2 dashs forward in a spray of water, slamming into Weapon 1 (2) for 82 Physical Water damage.

Of course, this is before typing, Sun mods or stats. If that was a clone, you can still use Aerial Ace, but using a different clone. You can not change your move, just which clone is acting on it.

Arcran
2013-07-04, 01:10 AM
The clone quickly fades away, only to have the clone in the top corner (1) accomplish the same thing, ending up further away than Jakob would have liked, but still close.

End in G1.

[roll0]
Trainer turns! Yay!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-04, 01:22 AM
Got you again! Counter! As the clone slams into S2, the other Blastoise poof. The remaining one slams into the Arcanine clone dealing 152 unmodifiable damage.

Counter on Clone 1. If its real, you take a lot of damage. If not, oh well.

Arcran
2013-07-04, 01:37 AM
Jakob shatters a Pokeball then uses a jagged shard to slit his throat upon hearing the absolute horse**** going on in this tournament. Free Action Intercepts? Forever? Yeah, no. Not wasting my time here.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-06, 10:01 PM
Back in the conference Room a women walks in with a clipboard. Dr. Nicodemus Hemlock, your up next. You are led to the top of the airship, following the same procedure you step onto the teleporter pad. You land inside a dense forest. Your opponent stands on the other side. Yo dude! Lets get this started!

Map Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdDdfbEJ6Q29GSldCQjBJZjdXNUxNTGc#gid=4)
Give me your opener and I'll get Init and place it on the map.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-06, 11:37 PM
Dr. Hemlock smiles at his opponent's voice. His wizened hand taps a poke ball against te side of his cane and his first pokemon is revealed in a flash of light. Come now Anansi, it's time to begin. The old man grins as the battle commences. Finally! It had been too long since he last tested his skills on the field.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-06, 11:51 PM
You release your pokemon to the field, and Bizzary does as well. He whispers to the mon.

Bizzary used Terrain Tatics
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

So you have Trainer and Mon back to back.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 05:12 PM
Hmmm, something's wrong here. Anansi, dear heart, spread out and prepare. I'm not sure what we're dealing with.
Anansi splits into four identical replicas and flies to different parts of the arena, picking up speed as she does before whirling into a graceful dance.

Anansi shifts to G-16, B-3, D-8, A-12 (pm'd Es with actual location). Dr. Hemlock uses tactical maneuver and Anansi then uses swords dance.
TM role:[roll0]
Requested Wis check: [roll1]
+1 Spd, +2 Atk, +1 SpDef (adaptive boost)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 07:11 PM
Studying the Beartic, its form was sleeker, and fur a light blue. It must be a Ice/Water type now! While your training with Anansi failed, Tough break bro! Cuddles, get closer, and show 'em how we do it? The watery Beartic bounded forwarded, swinging its massive paws menacingly.

Cuddles used Swords Dance, Bizzary used Adaptive Boost increasing Cuddles Speed by 1 stage

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

Anansi and The Doc are up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 07:26 PM
Hmph, Anansi, it's time to focus dear. I'm counting on you! Now, strike! The copies buzz about the arena whirling themselves faster and faster until one throws itself viciously at the bear, mandibles crossed.

A1 to N8, A4 to N13, A3 to G15, A2 to L1
TM check: [roll0]
X-Scissor: 19 AC 2, 93 Physical Bug
Swords Dance: +2 Atk., adaptive boost: +1 Def., Speed Boost: +1 Spd. (10 Evasion)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 07:47 PM
Block it! Aqua Jet! The Beartic intercepted the bug midflight, swatting it into oblivion. Nice try though.
Cuddles used Aqua Jet, A1 was destroyed and dealt 5 feedback.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 08:00 PM
Ah, Perhaps a different tactic is in order. Anansi, Let's whittle it down. One of the bugs buzzes from behind a tree and exhales a pale purple light that drifts toward the bear.

Dr. Hemlock uses efficiency boost so Anansi adds 10 to her AC roll.
A2 shifts to O2 and uses Toxic.
[roll0] AC 4
Spd +1.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 08:04 PM
Again, the Beartic rushes forward, speeding through water, swatting at A2 before the goop left its mouth. Silly Double Teamers. Clones are so unreliable.

Cuddles used Aqua Jet, A2 was destroyed and dealt 1 feedback.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 08:17 PM
Dr. Hemlock tiredly rubs his temples.Damn... It's been too long. Very well. Anansi, Let's get some staying power. Both pokemon begin to vibrate faster and faster until a thin layer of shell hovers protectively just above its body.

A3 to G5, A4 to P10
Anansi uses Substitute and Swords dance (+adaptive boost). +2 Atk. +1 Spd. +1 Def.
TM Roll: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 08:24 PM
Oh you do learn! Sweet! Lets get moving ourselves, Hail and Double Team, lets go! Cuddles splits into 4, chasing after the 2 remaining clones, two remaining in the river. One in the far left waves his arms around, causing Hail to fall over the arena. It bellows, and a swirling vortex overlays the Beartics.

Cuddles used Double Team, and then (with Quick Set-Up), used Hail and then activated Snow Cloak.
Hail will last 3 rounds
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 08:35 PM
Ah, I see play time is over.
One of the remaining bugs darts around the tree weaving it's way past the bears slashing at them with a shadow-clad claw.

A3 to Q9
Night Slash: [roll0] AC 2, [roll1]
Night Slash: [roll2] AC 4, [roll3]
Night Slash: [roll4] AC 6, [roll5]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 08:45 PM
As A3 rushes towards the Beartic clone, Cuddles slams a paw into the bug, the bubble of protective energy popping. Anansi, the real one, goes onwards, slashing through A1, who poofs, but A3 and A4 manage to dodge the bug's furious strikes.

Aqua Jet dealing 136 physical Water damage, which should very easily destroy that pesky Substitute.
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Cuddles

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 08:56 PM
Hmm, I worry we've exhausted our options here. Why don't you take a break? Anansi vansishes into her pokeball, leaving behind what appears to be an aurora borealis that hovers for a moment before sinking into the skin of her replacement, Bacab, who roars in anticipation.
Baton pass, morale ralley, raising Special Attack +6, Bacab at D8 with lucky punch.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 09:06 PM
As Bacab sucked in the baton of energy Anansi left for him, Cuddles 2 shifts through the stream. Fun. BLIZZARD! Cuddles 2 inhales deeply, blasting out a gale force wind of frigid air, washing over Bacab for 125 Special Ice Damage, Freezing Bacab.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Cuddles
Bacab

The Doc are up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 09:09 PM
As the freezing winds bear down on Bacab, a bright golden glow surronds him, nullifying the chilling wind. Nikodemus huddles closer in his coat as he mutters instructions to his 'mon.

Gotta love Protect! And the Good Doctor uses Tactical Maneuver (Got a 16)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 09:20 PM
For the first time, you see Bizzary lose his cool. AGH! Muk Protect! Cuddles, crush it! Cuddles 2 surges forward, water encasing his form as he crashes into Bacab for 158 Physical Water damage, Flinching Bacab.

Cuddles used Waterfall
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Cuddles
Bacab

The Doc are up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 09:33 PM
Urgh. Dr. Hemlock flinches with Bacab but continues muttering.

[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 09:35 PM
Did I chill you out? How bout now! Cuddles 2 Slams a frozen fist into Bacab for 152 Physical Ice damage.

Cuddles used Ice Punch
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Cuddles
Bacab

Bacab is up. But I have a feeling Bacab isn't conscious.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 09:44 PM
Ah, I'm sorry Bac. You just couldn't get a fin in.
In a flash of light, Puck appears with a rakish grin. Alright my old friend, I'm counting on you.

Released on D8

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 09:52 PM
I see then. Cuddles, lets retreat. Set up the Rain! As Cuddles 2 retreated into the water, Cuddles 3 and 4 did a little diddy, calling forth a Rain Storm for 9 Rounds. Cuddles 2 seems to swim even faster once the first drop hit water.

Rain Dance and Swift Swim.
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Cuddles
Puck

Puck is up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 10:00 PM
Puck skips forward appreciatively, clapping his hands happily at the rain. When he reaches the bear, Puck whirls around before slamming his body into it.

Shift to I8. Use Encore: [roll0] AC 2, [roll1]
Tactical Maneuver: [roll2]
Body Slam: [roll3] AC 2, [roll4]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 10:08 PM
As Puck skipped forward, getting ready to clap, Cuddles 2 sped forward, slamming into Puck with a watery paw for 121 physical water damage (x1.5 after Defence due to Rain). Oops, did I mess up your thing? Puck slams into Cuddles 2, 3 and 4 dissappearing.

Aqua Jet, which is now Encore'd
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Cuddles
Puck

The Doc and Puck is up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 10:13 PM
Not quite. Puck gives as good as he gets.
Dr. hemlock smiles as Puck snatches the bear's paw and slams it into the riverbed.

Counter, deals 303 unmodified damage

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 10:25 PM
Cuddles sinks to the bottom of the stream as Puck's attack drops him in a heartbeat. Oh kitty's got claws? Alright Oleh, Scald! Oleh jumps into the water, shooting out a stream of steaming water for 127 Special Water Damage (x1.5 after Special Defense).

Oleh used Swift Swim
Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Oleh
Puck

Puck is up (if it survived)

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 10:32 PM
Not just yet! Just as it had before, a golden glow surrounds Puck who stands blissfully within. As the water harmlessly dissapates, he again dashes forward and slams into the new 'mon.

Protect.
Tactical maneuver: [roll0]
Body Slam: [roll1] AC 2, [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 10:43 PM
Hahaha delaying the inevitable. Bubblebeam! The stream of bubbles spew forth, dealing a lot more damage than Puck has HP because Mesi is lazy.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Oleh
puck

The Doc and whoever he releases.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 10:47 PM
As the bubbles pound Puck into the ground, he lets out a piercing cry that echoes throughout the arena. As Dr. Hemlock covers his ears, one of his pokeballs vibrates before bursting open and releasing Baccab back onto the field with a bellow.

Used Healing Wish. Released at D8

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 10:56 PM
Bizzary glares daggers at you. I'll put it back down again then. Oleh swims through the stream, popping out and blasting Bacab with scalding water for 129 Special Water, Burning Bacab (and the x1.5 thing).

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Oleh
Bacab

Bacab is up
[/QUOTE]

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 11:07 PM
Battered and burned but still standing, Bacab lets out a roar that twists the couds above. Crackling arcs of electricity writhe together in the sky before slamming down on the ludicolo. The sparks then crawl acrossthe ground and gather in claws of the eelektross before flowing back and slamming again into Oleh. Following this exertion, Bacab collapses into unconsciousness.

Thunder, Auto hit in rain: [roll0]
Tactical Maneuver: [roll1]

Discharge: [roll2] AC 2 [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 11:13 PM
The combined attacks dropped the Ludicolo. Final Stretch eh? He releases a Lanturn in the middle of the river, Anansi coming out on the field.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Flash

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 11:20 PM
Nicodemus's brow furrows as he leans on his cane. Keep it loose now, dear, stay on your guard. The ninjask buzzes in response before attempting to slice a long gash in the fish's back as it skims the surface of the river.

Dr. Hemlock uses Versatility
Anansi shifts to I9 and uses X-Scissor, [roll0] AC 2, [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 11:23 PM
Flash's blinking lure blinds Anansi, throwing off his attack. Confuse Ray. Your move. He smirks confidently.

Init:

Bizzary
The Doc
Anansi
Flash

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 11:30 PM
With a whirl, Anansi loops around for another pass, building up speed before slamming into the fish.

Confusion Roll [roll0]
Swords dance: +2 Atk CS,
Tactical Maneuver: [roll1]
Giga Impact: [roll2] AC 2, [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 11:37 PM
The attack landed hard, but not hard enough. Close but no cigar. Thunder. The Lanturn called down a bolt of lightening, destroying the Bug (and healing itself, not that it matters). That was a good match. Kept me on my toes.

UncleScrewtape
2013-07-07, 11:45 PM
With pursed lips and tightly clenched hands, Dr. Hemlock watches as his old friend is obliterated. Indeed. I bow to your skill, young sir, and wish you the best. He turns and walks back to the teleporter, a beaten old man who suddenly seemed much smaller than he had first appeared.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 07:34 PM
After several hours of waiting, the last battler is called. Aidan Lucerne, come with me.

Like the others, you are led to the roof of the massive airship (now over the ruins of the old Victory Road). The teleporter takes you into a dark, musky cave. The mining equipment strewn about tells you its the Driftveil mines. A tiny man in a well tailored suite, covered in sewing needles greets you from the opposite side of the rock strewn arena. Welcome, honorable opponent. It will be my pleasure to face you today. He bows, releasing a absolutely fabulous Arcanine.

Aidan releases Tarvik.

Alright Zod, lets give the big guy a show. Shine, my darling

Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Voi used Beautiful Shine, Zod now has the Magic Guard Ability.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 07:40 PM
Adrian looks over the arena, before nodding. "Likewise... this should be an interesting match."

Adrian takes no action.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 07:44 PM
Advance and keep calm. The dog moved forward, obviously annoyed with the ground beneath it. It reached the crystal and stopped, its entire body loosening and relaxing. You are most Cool, my friend.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Zod used Agility
Voi used Crazy Awesome

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 07:54 PM
Aidan frowns slightly as he looks over the terrain before ordering, "Alright, Tarvik... hop over those rocks and get closer... then set up a Sandstorm. He'll come to you."

Move to D7-G10
Tarvik uses Sandstorm - Duration: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 08:00 PM
Interesting. Surely, you know Magic Guard protects Zod from the abrasive sand. You are a tricky one.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Voi does nothing

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 08:01 PM
Aidan chuckles and answers, "True, he's protected. But it doesn't mean I don't have a plan in mind, you know."

No Trainer Action from Aidan

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 08:04 PM
I'd be insulted if you did not. Zod, mount the crystal, and sing us an Awesome song. The giant dog hopped onto the crystal, howling that rattled the ceiling above you. He gives an Intimidating glare at the Steelix, as the brooch around his neck glimmered, glowing rainbow scales encompassed his fur.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Zod used Howl
Voi used Crazy Awesome
Zod used Intimidate
Zod activated his Accessory, gaining Multiscale as an ability, replacing Intimidate

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 08:47 PM
Aidan frowns for a moment, before saying, "Set up some Stealth Rocks, Tarvik... and then let's see if you can smash through that crystal with Iron Head!" The Steelix sends out small, floating stones in response before sliding back and dashing forward to headbutt the crystal.

Stealth Rock in G6, G5, H5, I5, J5
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver - [roll0], Target 15
Iron Head v Crystal - AC: [roll1] v 2 + Phys Evasion(Flinch on 15-20, if applicable), [roll2] Steel Physical Damage plus [roll3] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 08:50 PM
Voi gives you a perplexed look. Again, Magic Guard protects Zod from your trap. I don't think your taking this seriously.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Does nothing!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 08:54 PM
Aidan shrugs and replies, "As it is, I'm merely working around the terrain."

No Trainer Action

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 09:02 PM
It seems the terrain is working you. Zod, Blitz you magnificent beast. The massive hound bounded around the crystal, flames wreathing around him. A rock flies at him, but a barrier blocks it from connecting. He collides with the massive steel serpent for 207 Physical Fire damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Tarvik
Zod was hit by Stealth Rocks, but takes no damage due to Magic Guard
Zod used Flare Blitz, but takes no Recoil due to Magic Guard
Voi used You Call That Impressive?!
Voi used I Believe in You!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 09:14 PM
Aidan frowns as the blow slams into the Steelix, the great beast falling as it's slammed against the rocks. Recalling the creature, he sighs and says, "So first blood goes to you, it seems. I'll have to even things up... let's see how you fare against the Breath of Destruction. Ibuki, you're up." He releases his Pokemon on the opposite end of the field from the Arcanine.

Releasing Ibuki at S6/T7.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 09:18 PM
Indeed it does. Is this one going to put up more of a fight? Zod, keep calm please. Zod leaped back onto the crystal, his body relaxing once more.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Ibuki
Zod Agility

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 09:36 PM
Nodding to himself, Aidan says, "Take flight, Ibuki." The Pokémon rises up with a roar, moving towards the crystal pillar.

Ibuki moves to Q8-R9, 5M up. Aidan's going to have no action on his turn.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 09:39 PM
The dex pings. A Salamence? Interesting. Zod, prepare yourself. Sing for us. Zod hops ontop of the crystal, howling at the moon that is probably up.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Ibuki
Zod used Howl

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 09:48 PM
Aidan nods, and orders, "Ibuki, tear it apart. Hit it with Bite, then follow it with an Earthquake!"

The Salamence lets out a roar as it glares at the Arcanine before moving forward, biting at the Arcanine with electrified fangs before sending out a pulse of seismic force which rattles the crystal.

Ibuki uses Intimidate.
Ibuki moves to L8-M9, and attacks with Thunder Fang.
Bite - AC: [roll0] v 1(Adjusted due to Luck Incense) + Physical Evasion(Flinch on 15-20), [roll1] Dark Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver. [roll3] v 15.
Ibuki uses Earthquake.
Earthquake - AC: [roll4] v 1(Adjusted due to Luck Incense) + Physical Evasion, [roll5] Ground Physical Damage plus [roll6] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 09:56 PM
The Shimmering Scales rebuff the Bite, breaking. However, a more powerful barrier stops the earthquake cold. Nice strategum. I'm sorry it failed. Zod hopped down from his perch, behind the now cracked crystal.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Ibuki
Zod used Protect
Voi does nothing

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 09:59 PM
Aidan shrugs and replies, "Perhaps... but I'm far from finished."

No Trainer Action

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 10:03 PM
Of course not. You have one mon left. Zod, show them your rage. Show them your might! Zod focuses intently on the dragon, before closing the distance. A purely feral bellow erupts from his mouth as he lashes at the flying dragon violently. Despite his sudden ferocity, his aim was true, striking the beast for 217 Physical Dragon Damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Ibuki
Voi used Electrifying Performance! Zod used Lock-On as a Free Action
Zod used Outrage, which Auto-Hits due to Lock-On.
Voi used I Believe In You!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 10:08 PM
Aidan calls out, "Ibuki, use Protect and back away!" The dragon nods, folding its dark wings in front of it to endure the blow. A barrier forms around them, the Arcanine's attack bouncing off, as Ibuki moves away.

Used Protect. Ibuki moves to E8-F9, 5M up.
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver. [roll0] v 15.
If Successful, Ibuki moves to A8-B9, 5M up.

No trainer action from Aidan.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 10:13 PM
Voi frowns. Zod chases after the dragon uselessly.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Zod
Ibuki

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 10:23 PM
Aidan nods, and says, "Now... let's finish this. Ibuki. Rock Tomb, then Earthquake!"

Ibuki uses Rock Tomb.
Rock Tomb - AC: [roll0] v 4(Adjusted due to Luck Incense) + Physical Evasion, [roll1] Rock Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit. -1 Speed Combat Stage to target.
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver. [roll3] v 15.
Ibuki moves to 2M altitude and uses Earthquake.
Earthquake - AC: [roll4] v 1(Adjusted due to Luck Incense) + Physical Evasion, [roll5] Ground Physical Damage plus [roll6] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 10:28 PM
The Arcanine falls. Impressive. Lets try another. Grundy, dazzle us. A magnificent dragon appears on the field, a shimmer plate of scales covering its body. You recognize it as a Dragonite. A barrier forms around its body, before becoming transparent.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Ibuki
Voi used Beautiful Shine, granting Grundy Magic Guard.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 10:32 PM
Aidan nods, and says, "So... a clash of dragons, then. Very well... let's see how yours fares."

No Trainer Action

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 10:37 PM
Grundy, lets make things interesting. The Dragonite split into 3, spreading out in a really cool fashion.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Ibuki
Grundy used Double Team
Voi used Crazy Awesome

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 10:46 PM
Aidan looks for a moment before saying, "Very well then... let's see about thinning the ranks a bit. Ibuki, Bite the nearest one." The Dragon-type glides over and down, biting fiercely at one of the copies.

Ibuki moves to C13-D14 and attacks G4 with Bite.
Bite v G4 - AC: [roll0] v 1(Adjusted for Luck Incense) + Phys Evasion + 2(Flinch on 15-20), [roll1] Dark Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver - [roll3] v 15.
(Will post second move if successful and after seeing if target is real)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 10:51 PM
The Meteor explodes prematurely, debris bouncing off the Dragonite. Shame. It was a beautiful attack. Grundy, lets end this one quickly if you please. Dragon Rage. G3 nods, a plume of violent purple flame erupting from its mouth, washing over Ibuki for 40 unmodifiable damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Ibuki

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 11:05 PM
Aidan nods, and says, "Now... to end this deception. Start with the far one, Ibuki... Draco Meteor!" The great dragon glides forward before roaring, launching a meteor of energy towards the copy in the farthest corner.

Ibuki attacks G1 with Draco Meteor.
Draco Meteor - AC: [roll0] v 3(Adjusted for Luck Incense) + Special Evasion + 2, [roll1] Dragon Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver - [roll3] v 15
(Will post added move next post if applicable)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 11:10 PM
The Meteor explodes prematurely, debris bouncing off the Dragonite. Shame. It was a beautiful attack. Grundy, lets end this one quickly if you please. Dragon Rage. G3 nods, a plume of violent purple flame erupting from its mouth, washing over Ibuki for 40 unmodifiable damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Ibuki

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 04:36 PM
Aidan replies, "Ibuki, one last shot - Earthquake!" The Dragon lets out a roar and glides forward as Aidan makes a gesture, and pulses of darkness surge out from the dragon, rattling the area around it as the Salamence finally collapses.

Aidan uses Not Yet!
Ibuki moves to O11-P12, Altitude 1M.
Ibuku uses Earthquake. Aidan uses Move Shift to make it Dark-type.
Earthquake(Hits G2 and G3) - AC: [roll0] v 1(Adjusted for Luck Incense) + Physical Evasion + 2(Double Team), [roll1] Dark Physica Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 04:54 PM
Your last option, so no way out. Thunder Wave. G3 sends waves of static at Mordryn, Paralyzing him.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Mordryn
Grundy used Thunder Wave

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:02 PM
Aidan holds himself back from cursing as he sees the attack fail, before recalling the fainted dragon. "Looks like this is going to be my last shot... Mordayn, let's go." He then releases his last Pokémon onto the field, trying to figure out a strategy.

Releasing Mordayn at O12, no Trainer Action.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 05:10 PM
Your last option, so no way out. Thunder Wave. G3 sends waves of static at Mordryn, Paralyzing him.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Mordryn
Grundy used Thunder Wave

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:17 PM
Aidan says, "Maybe not... but I won't be giving up. Put the pressure on them, Mordayn... and let's try to flush the real one out. Shadow Punch!" The ghost battles against the paralysis, struggling to rise up and fling a shadowy fist at one of the copies, which then darkens further at another gesture from Aidan.

Paralysis Check: [roll0] v 6
Mordayn uses Pressure.
Mordayn rises to altitude 3M, and attacks G3 with Shadow Punch. Aidan uses Move Shift to make Shadow Punch a Dark-type Move.
Shadow Punch - AC: [roll1](Can't Miss), Damage: [roll2] Dark Physical Damage plus [roll3] on Crit.
Tactical Maneuver(assuming success) - [roll4] v 15.
Will post second move after confirming success.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:23 PM
"Good... now, follow it up with a Shadow Ball!" Aidan orders, as Mordayn forms a ball of purple energy in its hands. Another gesture from Aidan causes blackness to seep down the ball, turning it into a solid sphere of total darkness which Mordayn then launches at another of the copies.

Mordayn moves to J12 and attacks G2 with Shadow Ball. Aidan uses Dark Move Shift.
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion + 2, [roll1] Dark Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 05:30 PM
Your not having much luck are you? Dragon Claw and shuffle. G2's claws extend to deadly blades, slicing into Mordryn for 175 Physical Dragon damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Mordryn
Grundy used Dragon Claw

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:37 PM
The metallic sheen coating Mordayn cracks and flakes off at the blow, and Aidan calls out, "Now, Mordayn... blast them with Confuse Ray, then Earthquake!" The dark spirit nods and shifts slightly before firing a beam of disorienting power at one of the Dragonite copies, before releasing a tremor which emanates waves of dark power at another gesture from Aidan.

Paralysis Check - [roll0] v 7
Mordayn moves to I12 and attacks G2 with Confuse Ray. (Auto Hit, Confuses, No Damage)
Aidan uses Tactical Maneuver - [roll1] v 15
Mordayn uses Earthquake. Aidan uses Move Shift to make Earthquake Dark-type.
Earthquake - AC: [roll2] v 2 + Phys Evasion + 2, [roll3] Dark Physical Damage plus [roll4] on Crit.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:50 PM
Aidan narrows his eyes, and says, "Alright, Mordayn... make this next shot count!"

Aidan uses Efficiency Boost.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 05:55 PM
Final crescendo. Outrage. Grundy munches on a moldy apple, glowering at Mordryn. He charges forward, striking aggressively for 200 Physical Dragon damage.
Init:
Voi
Aidan
Grundy
Mordryn
Voi used Electrifying Performance
Grundy used Lock-On as a Free Action
Grundy used Outrage

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 05:58 PM
Aidan scowls as his final Pokémon falls. "Well played... victory goes to you."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 05:59 PM
Voi bows respectfully to you. It was my pleasure.