PDA

View Full Version : need help on barbarian build

about50heavies
2013-07-02, 10:03 AM
I am a beginner in pathfinder. This is a incomplete build. I need some evaluation and some advice on what I have so far.

Race: Human
class: barbarian
lvl:10
invulnerable rager/urban barbarian

stats

STR 16 + 2
DEX 14
CON 14 + 2
INT 7
WIS 13
CHA 10

Feats
power attack
combat reflexes
Raging Vitality
Racial Heritage(orc)
Destroyer’s Blessing
Improved Sunder

Rage powers
lesser beast totem
beast totem
superstition
which hunter
spell sunder

weapons
lucern hammer (1d12)

items

ring of evasion

about50heavies
2013-07-02, 09:26 PM
What would be some items/feats that would be crucial in general for a barbarian

fishyfishyfishy
2013-07-02, 09:47 PM
I don't know much about Pathfinder, but a quick google search led me to this guide: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12732426)

Good luck!

Negher
2013-07-03, 06:54 AM
I've never played a barbarian in PF but i tried to build up one for curiosity.
For the feats I think that Ferocious resolve is a great pick (for an halforc or a human with racial heritage) and feats like cleave and cleaver finish are usefull if you are focused on dealing great damage with a single attack.
For the rage power i'm tempted by the spirit totem path and the world serpent path to overcome DR of your enemy.
For the archetypes I like invulnerable rager and for the weapon.....I hate reach weapons, I think that its sad for a raging barbarian make a step back when is in front of an enemy 'cause you can't attack adjacent foes.
So....GREATSWORD!!!!!

about50heavies
2013-07-03, 10:55 AM
i thought reach weapons could hit enemies next to you

Karnith
2013-07-03, 11:11 AM
i thought reach weapons could hit enemies next to you
Some can, but most can't without some other ability letting you do so. Per the SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons):

Reach Weapons: A reach weapon is a melee weapon that allows its wielder to strike at targets that aren't adjacent to him. Most reach weapons double the wielder's natural reach, meaning that a typical Small or Medium wielder of such a weapon can attack a creature 10 feet away, but not a creature in an adjacent square. A typical Large character wielding a reach weapon of the appropriate size can attack a creature 15 or 20 feet away, but not adjacent creatures or creatures up to 10 feet away.
(Emphasis mine)

marcielle
2013-07-03, 11:20 AM
They generally don't. And that's why the first level of beast totem isn't half bad. Grow foot claws and kick people while wielding a guisarme. Win win. Then there's the third level of Beast totem. Aside from very specialized builds, every Barbarian wants that ASAP. Pounce is one most sought after meelee abilities and even at -5 that attack is has a good chance to hit. Remember, superstition is pretty double edged and if you are going to use it at all, you want that alt favored class bonus that increases it. Otherwise, all it really does is interfere with buffs and healing.

Take the totem barbarian archetype. It costs (literally)nothing and let's you have access to more than one totem line.

For a reach build, spirit totem might be handy, since you get the miss chance almost constantly when fighting larger enemies. Also, it is pretty cheap to pay for a permanencied enlarge person. It has its pros and cons, but personally, I'd go for it the second I could afford it. Being a mobile forty five foot wide area of smackdown is pretty fun, especially if you have the combat maneuver rage powers and tons of AoOs.

Humans + Heart of the fields is a good thing to have if you can't get other methods of rage cycling. While rage cycling is awesome for most, it obviously doesn't matter if you don't use once per rage powers.

Suddo
2013-07-03, 11:27 AM
Some can, like the spiked chain, but most can't without some other ability letting you do so. Per the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm):

(Emphasis mine)

Too bad they nerfed spiked chains in pathfinder.

Currently you'd have to have armor spikes or maybe gauntlets to attack in melee.

about50heavies
2013-07-03, 12:03 PM
i throught that claws could only be on hands and feet would be talons

about50heavies
2013-07-03, 12:09 PM
what would be an effective method of rage cycling and how would I be able to gain additional Attacks of opportunity without a reach weapon

gartius
2013-07-04, 05:17 AM
you are lvl 10? take a lvl in oracle picking up the lame curse-you are now immune to fatigue.

marcielle
2013-07-04, 08:56 AM
I think that's ORACLE level 5, not ECL 5. There are plenty of ways to get immunity to fatigue. There's an item in Ultimate equipment made specifically for this situation but it's a belt, so you can't get a giant strength belt if you use it.
There's the flawed scarlet and green carbochon which automatically turns fatigue into sickened. You can still rage while you are sickened. And you have a Rage Power that ignores sickened while you are raging. Might wanna plug it into a wayfinder to keep it safe.
There's Heart of the Fields I mentioned earlier but it's extremely limited.

gartius
2013-07-04, 07:41 PM
no its lvl 1 oracle
An oracle’s curse is based on her oracle level plus one for every two levels or Hit Dice other than oracle.
so at ECL 10 you become immune to fatigue as you gain access to the lvl 5 oracle curse.

marcielle
2013-07-05, 01:41 AM
Wow, that makes oracle much better than I thought it was for multiclass. Kinda reminds me of martial adepts.