PDA

View Full Version : Wildhape confusion(3.5)

sambouchah
2013-07-02, 10:51 AM
So I am currently playing a Druid in a game and had a question about my wild shape. The PHB says ANY Small or Medium animal, does that really mean ANY? And if so; what is the best medium/small animal to shape into?

Thanks, Sam

Tvtyrant
2013-07-02, 10:54 AM
So I am currently playing a Druid in a game and had a question about my wild shape. The PHB says ANY Small or Medium animal, does that really mean ANY? And if so; what is the best medium/small animal to shape into?

Thanks, Sam

Any animal with a HD equal to or lesser than your own, yes.

Fleshraker from MMII is the best medium form.

Snowbluff
2013-07-02, 10:57 AM
Any animal with a HD equal to or lesser than your own, yes.

Incorrect. Your character's (Effective) Druid level. This is an important distinction for other sources of Wildshape, such as Divine Minion. :smalltongue:

sambouchah
2013-07-02, 11:01 AM
Incorrect. Your character's (Effective) Druid level. This is an important distinction for other sources of Wildshape, such as Divine Minion. :smalltongue:

Could someone link or give me a page number to the whereabouts of the HD rules? I'm sure they're there, just want to read them for myself.

Snowbluff
2013-07-02, 11:03 AM
Could someone link or give me a page number to the whereabouts of the HD rules? I'm sure they're there, just want to read them for myself.

The new form’s Hit Dice can’t exceed the character’s druid level.

PHB, page 37.

Immabozo
2013-07-02, 11:07 AM
For example, there are some great druid PrC that are wildshaping PrCes (my personal favorite druid class feature) that do not give full wildshaping progression, which sucks. Then there is an amulet that lets you wildshape as if you were 4 levels higher.