PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing an Monk/Inquisitor character concept

ArqArturo
2013-07-02, 12:47 PM
So, for our Pathfinder campaign (the setting is in Neverwinter), I'm making the character as the title above says, the concept is that the character is like Ezio. The Monk Archetype is Martial Artist, and the inquisitor's archetype is Spellkiller. The levels are as goes: Monk2/Inquisitor 5

Here's how I have him so far.

Str 16
Dex 18
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 21
Cha 10

The feats are:

1.- Toughness
1.- Extra Stun
H.- Dodge
1 (Monk).- Improved Grapple
2 (Monk).- Mobility
3.- Combat Casting
6.- Improved Natural Attack

Here's, however, one of my questions: Can I later on take Eldritch Claws? Since Unarmed strike counts as both a held and a natural weapon, I guess I should be able to.

HylianKnight
2013-07-02, 04:07 PM
You may want to double check this, but last I heard they said Monks can get Natural Weapon feats with the exception of Improved Natural Attack.

ArqArturo
2013-07-02, 05:54 PM
Hmm, it seems it can't, which puts a dent on my plans, but there are some instances that npc monks do have that feat, so as just to be sure I guess I need to get a Monk's Robe, or something of the sort.

grarrrg
2013-07-02, 06:24 PM
1.- Extra Stun

??

6.- Improved Natural Attack

Here's, however, one of my questions: Can I later on take Eldritch Claws? Since Unarmed strike counts as both a held and a natural weapon, I guess I should be able to.

"A monk's unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons"

Feats are neither 'spells' nor 'effects'.

Also, note that Improved Natural Attack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/improved-natural-attack) says this:
"(not an unarmed strike)".

shaikujin
2013-07-02, 08:21 PM
Not sure if allowed in pathfinder, but the fanged ring (dragon magic) will give INA for unarmed attacks.

Was that any help?