PDA

View Full Version : You're Not the Boss of Me Now

unseenmage
2013-07-02, 12:56 PM
Okay, say one can create any construct using only it's CR as a guide.

This means one can create constructs which do not originally have creators and which normally have free will. (Inevitables, Raggamoffyn, etc.)

As Craft Construct is used to make even these constructs does it's wording allow you to command them?

What is you're trying to use the Rod of Construct Control on them?

It merely states that they now treat you as their creator. But these constructs "creator" was their plane, their fellow constructs, or even some random conflux of magical energies. What then?

Are there other means to command normally-uncommandable constructs?

Edit: I seem to remember a third party source which had fairly detailed construct creation rules including a different price for each of the 'add your blood', 'magic control talisman', and 'build in geas/quest' options for construct control.

Khatoblepas
2013-07-02, 01:15 PM
The Warforged Domain allows you to rebuke/command Constructs as a cleric commands undead. Just keep your turning level up, and you'll be rebuking tatterdemalions like a champ.

unseenmage
2013-07-02, 01:22 PM
The Warforged Domain allows you to rebuke/command Constructs as a cleric commands undead. Just keep your turning level up, and you'll be rebuking tatterdemalions like a champ.

See, now that's kinda frustrating. Part of why i prefer constructs is because you don't have to bother with the Turning rules. :smallsmile:

Anyone care to walk me through how to keep your Turning level up via the purchase of magic items and spells?