PDA

View Full Version : A list of all things a Cleric can command? (3.0/5)

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-02, 01:08 PM
Those guys, they can command a bunch of things! Can we make a list of ALL of them?
Please list source..:smallwink:

So far, I've found;
Fire, Water, Earth, and Air Elementals. (SRD) Domains of Elemental type
Undead. (SRD) Normal for a evil cleric
Plants (SRD) Plant Domain
Hippos (Sandstorm) that one Feat.
Dragons (Races of Dragon) ACF

And I'm lost on the others, any ideas?

Andezzar
2013-07-02, 02:27 PM
Fire, Water, Earth, and Air Elementals. (SRD) Domains of Elemental typeIt's more than that. You get to command [element] creatures. There are creatures that have an elemental subtype but are not elementals: djinni (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm#djinni), certain dragons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTrue.htm#greenDragon) etc.

[cold] creatures - Cold Domain
Animals (reptiles and snakes only) - Scalykind Domain
Spiders - Spider Domain

Khatoblepas
2013-07-02, 03:01 PM
Warforged - Command Constructs
Deathless - Greater Rebuke Deathless (Good if you're an evil cleric and you want some Deathless on your side instead of destroyed)
Slime, Ooze, Thirst - Command Oozes
Blightbringer - Command Blightspawned creatures
Necromancy - Command Undead (Dragonlance Campaign setting). I dunno why you'd want this one. Maybe if you really felt like swapping out Turn Undead?

I wonder how you'd get all of these domains on your cleric list? Rebuke every single creature in the world.

Asrrin
2013-07-02, 06:00 PM
Moon Domain gets you Lycanthrope turning.

TuggyNE
2013-07-02, 10:40 PM
Moon Domain gets you Lycanthrope turning.

But does it let you command them? I don't think it does.

Devronq
2013-07-02, 10:57 PM
I went and double checked the epic feat (epic handbook pg.64) planar turning lets you turn rebuke and yes command outsiders.

TuggyNE
2013-07-02, 11:35 PM
I went and double checked the epic feat (epic handbook pg.64) planar turning lets you turn rebuke and yes command outsiders.

I can't tell if that was a reply to my post, but if it was: Planar Turning is not the same thing as a domain's granted power, and works differently (by separating based on moral-alignment subtype).

If not, carry on, citizen. :smallcool:

Devronq
2013-07-02, 11:49 PM
I can't tell if that was a reply to my post, but if it was: Planar Turning is not the same thing as a domain's granted power, and works differently (by separating based on moral-alignment subtype).

If not, carry on, citizen. :smallcool:

Actually i remembered the feat and your post made me think that maybe you could only turn and not command with the feat so i felt the need to double check. It wasn't directed at you exactly :P

Lord Vukodlak
2013-07-02, 11:54 PM
But does it let you command them? I don't think it does.
You are correct the moon domain doesn't let you command lycanthropes.

MirddinEmris
2013-07-03, 03:43 AM
Animals via Initiate of Nature feat