PDA

View Full Version : Help my BBEG

Lanson
2013-07-02, 03:04 PM
Hey Playgrounders! I'm in a little bit of a quandry, as one of my players (While helping me search for a lost possession) stumbled across my BBEG in teh campaign he's in. Now that she knows he was going to be a lich, I'm deciding to throw them all a curveball.

I've toyed with the idea of Making a Yak Folk Artificer character, but seeing as the people who's games I play in (rather than dm) refuse to allow monster characters, I think I'm going to make him my BBEG.

Mainly, the purpose of the character is to get to Artificer level high enough he can crank out some low-end golems and adventure with his creations, no longer needing a party (or in yak folks case, warrior-slaves, more likely) And use his creations to retrieve all magic items he can from across the world. Mostly to turn them into craft reserve points :smalltongue:

I was wondering if anybody can help me optimize the character. Main reason for Yak Folk was for the free stave usage even though he will have a high UMD, that and their naturally evil tendancies and lean towards slavery really fit with the campaigns enemies. (Will use the lich as his patsy, btw) Group is fairly casual, but does like to use builds and tactics they find online, they are weakly coordinated, but effective overall.

His Starting stats will be:
Str 16
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 19
Wis 14
Cha 18

His 5 racial hit dice will grant him 2 hitdice, and he's proficient with simple weapons and Falchions in addition to standard Artificier proficiencies.

I mostly need help with feats to take, and what infusions are good choices. I've never had the option of playing the Artificer in a game, as it's too "Techy" for my DMs' tastes, so I havent researched it very well. I'm willing to alter the character as much as needed, but I'd like to keep the core concept around construct crafting, everything else is totally negotiable

Balor01
2013-07-02, 03:32 PM
Well posting his stat block would be a good start.

Lanson
2013-07-02, 03:43 PM
Right, I forgot to add in the specifics for the characters starting stats, sorry. Editing them in