PDA

View Full Version : can it do more, go faster?

relytdan
2013-07-02, 03:11 PM
PC has an exotic saddle
( Mount is War Trained )

Race: Pegasus
Templates -
Half-celestial
Dark Creature
Shadow Creature

Large Magical Beast, Extraplanar
Hit Dice: 8d10+12
Initiative: +2
Speed: land 290ft.(1450ft with run), fly 580ft Perfect maneuverability
Armor Class: 16 (–1 size, +3 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
Full Attack: 2 hooves +7 melee (1d6+4) and bite +2 melee (1d3+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, superior low-light vision, scent, spell-like abilities
Immunity to disease
resistance 10 cold, Resistance to acid 10 and electricity 10
Damage reduction: 5/magic
Spell resistance equal to creature’s HD + 10
racial bonus +4 on Fortitude saves against poison.
Evasion, as the rogue class feature
+2 luck bonus on all saving throws
UA - trait Quick +10ft
Spell-Like Abilities: At will—detect good and detect evil within a 60-foot radius. Caster level 5th.
Grafts
Fast Leg - 10ft no hvy armor/load, +5 comp climb, jump
Fast Leg - 10ft no hvy armor/load, +5 comp climb, jump
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 17, Con 20(22), Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 17
Skills: Balance +2, Climb +10, Diplomacy +3, Jump +12, Listen +12, Sense Motive +9, Spot +12, hide +8, move silent +6
Feats: Flyby Attack, Iron Will, Air Heritage, run, powerful charge, great fortitude
Carrying Capacity: light load 519; medium load 1038; heavy load 1560; Drag 7800

Pegasi cannot speak, but they understand Common.

hide in plain sight ex: use hide skill even if observed except natural daylight, daylight spell

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows,
giving it total concealment. a daylight spell will negate this ability

Daylight (Su): Half-celestials can use a daylight effect (as the spell) at will.

Smite Evil (Su): Once per day a half-celestial can make a normal
melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Equipment
Horshoes of Speedy Charging - +30 speed, gain powerful charge feat
Belt of Endurance- +2 enhanc con, gain great fortitude feat (+2 to fort save )
Saddle blanket of major Displacement, Resistance, Scentblinder - 50% miss chance, spell resistance- SR 21, no scent trail
Horned Panthar Helm- base speed 2x, 5ft speed, gain run feat
Chestplate of maneuverability, greater- improves maneuverability 2 steps

almightycoma
2013-07-02, 10:47 PM
With those mental stats it's a sentient creature. This should make it eligible for class levels, so pick one that gives fast movement like monk or barbarian. though that may require DM approval.

karkus
2013-07-02, 11:16 PM
Plane
Extraplane
Extraplanar

Ugh. One of the worst spellings for me; although after a few years I finally learned that it's an A. :smallyuk:

Also, why Half-Celestial, if I may ask? Is it for the Fly Speed=Land SpeedX2?

karkus
2013-07-03, 12:13 AM
How about you swap out those horseshoes for these (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Horseshoes_of_Speed) ones?

And I think that Expeditious Retreat (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Expeditious_Retreat) can be Permanencied (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Permanency)...

There's also a Heritage Feat on page 37 of the Planar Handbook that grants +30' to Fly speed.

That's about all I can get right now... :smallsigh:

relytdan
2013-07-03, 09:58 AM
karkus: Feats: Air Heritage - Horseshoes of speed + Charging could work a little better. Permanency a 5th lvl wiz/sor spell, that in phb does not list Expeditious Retreat as an option. - why Half-Celestial, yes this was 1 of the reasons, some of the other abilities as well, but if you know of another template that does a lot of the same stuff - do share - and yep Extraplanar - so I guess I failed the spell check.

almightycoma: Int 12 base of 10 for straight Pegasus - Pegasi cannot speak, but they understand Common. so please do explain how to make it eligible for class levels, that this is possible, what source & page.

so an increase of 20ft speed so far -

almightycoma
2013-07-03, 10:43 AM
I don't have a source or page but here is my thinking. sentient creatures are smart enough to be trained in classes right? class levels don't apply to just bipedal creatures, example(centaurs and dragons). If its the they cant talk thing that might be stopping them there as to be like a dozen ways around that with magic. Like a said though it may require approval. idk if those are standard rules or just the way the tables I play at run things.

relytdan
2013-07-03, 01:51 PM
ok so as with anything I guess a dm could allow for it, but this is an effort at a non-class allowed animal mount, any other sugestions on how to make the npc animal mount better and or faster than this configuration?

almightycoma
2013-07-03, 08:54 PM
I know there are rules for custom magic items that mimic feats. get/make one that gives you dash for +5 move speed.
edit: if traits are allowed there is the quick trait +10 move speed for -1HP per HD

relytdan
2013-07-04, 10:56 AM
first off - Wish folks would actually read everything in the post before commenting -

almightycoma - would have seen the Quick trait that is listed, as for the item creation for feats there is a sidebar only that shows an explaination for it but nothing very detailed like what is listed in the DMG for other magic item creations.

-So I ask yet again is there a template, item, or feat, to make the Pegasus Mount better, do more or faster ?

ShurikVch
2013-07-04, 06:43 PM
Is it for TO or for actual game?
What is this Pegasus: character, cohort, mount, encounter?
Is there any level limit?

relytdan
2013-07-04, 06:59 PM
its set at 8 hd as mount for a PC who will have it war trained and appropriate exotic saddle - must be a Pegasus - can have upto 3 templates
and equipment is just renamed for appropriate horse wear locations that I can think of.