PDA

View Full Version : Meeting People!

fergo
2013-07-02, 05:18 PM
Ok, so I'm slightly tipsy and trying to keep myself busy after a recent break-up and need things to do, people to see, places to go!

What are some good ways of meeting people online?

I had a thought to meet local people to do random things with; specifically, I was thinking of trying to get into mountain climbing and cycling, and some people to do that with would be cool. Other than that, interesting people all over the world to chat with about random crap, books, movies, music, etc., would be great.

Anyone in this lovely community got any ideas? :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2013-07-02, 07:44 PM
Usually join a community that tends to need off-site discussions or chats. Role-playing, gaming, things of the sort. Then become accessible through various means (facebook, IRC, Twitter, AIM...) and join any groups they use to discuss. You start out talking about site-related stuff and eventually move into knowing each other more deeply.

Ulysses WkAmil
2013-07-05, 07:21 PM
If you're looking for just random people you could try Omegle, whih is spotty. You can add interests to find random people who share your interests. I recently started a romantic venture thanks to omegle, and also found some other friends i talk to. Its hit and miss though, you have to really dig.
Locally, I have no idea, but going to conventions and stuff can find you interdasting people.