PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up speech bubble in #695

Forrestfire
2013-07-02, 05:47 PM
Hi. I'm not sure if this goes here, but I felt that Rich might have a chance of seeing it, so here goes.

I was reading through the archive and discovered that Haley's speech bubble in panel 1 of #695 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0695.html) is missing its pointy thing (is there a term for it?) tail.

Just thought someone ought to know.

Tock Zipporah
2013-07-02, 05:50 PM
Hi. I'm not sure if this goes here, but I felt that Rich might have a chance of seeing it, so here goes.

I was reading through the archive and discovered that Haley's speech bubble in panel 1 of #695 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0695.html) is missing its pointy thing (is there a term for it?).

Just thought someone ought to know.

According to Wikipedia, it's called a "tail" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_balloon#Speech_bubbles

FujinAkari
2013-07-03, 04:26 AM
He knows :)

He very rarely (never?) fixes errors like this in the strip, but I can all but guarantee you at least fifty people mentioned it when the strip first came out.

Thank you though!

137beth
2013-07-03, 08:07 AM
It will probably be fixed in the book version...

Rogar Demonblud
2013-07-03, 02:36 PM
He still hasn't provided the translation for one of the first encrypted speech bubbles in NCFTPB. Don't hold your breath, for he has better things to do than minor patches.

Giving Mrs Giant a shoulder rub, for instance.

Forrestfire
2013-07-03, 03:35 PM
Fair enough. I wasn't sure, so I felt I'd try. :smallsmile:

Sethala
2013-07-03, 06:56 PM
He still hasn't provided the translation for one of the first encrypted speech bubbles in NCFTPB. Don't hold your breath, for he has better things to do than minor patches.

Which one? I just read my copy and it has translations for all of them...

Cizak
2013-07-03, 07:22 PM

Wait, what? Which one?

Rakoa
2013-07-03, 07:29 PM
Wait, what? Which one?

I think there is only one Mrs. Giant. :smalltongue:

Cizak
2013-07-03, 08:09 PM
I think there is only one Mrs. Giant. :smalltongue:

No, I mean which shoulder?

Conte_Vincero
2013-07-04, 03:46 AM

Which one, I've been having fun translating all of them, so I should have it

Sethala
2013-07-04, 02:10 PM
Just re-checked my copy of NCftPB, and at the start of Round 9, it's mentioned that due to a "printing error" (he forgot to give them to the printer), the translations for a few of Haley's speech bubbles were left out of the first printing. Is that the ones you're talking about, maybe? (Strips 291, 296, and 298.)

Rogar Demonblud
2013-07-04, 11:32 PM
Nope, it's the first comic after her speech impediment kicked in. The point where she's complaining about getting eaten (and thrown up) by a dragon.