PDA

View Full Version : Which character you would like to play?

Raimun
2006-12-07, 07:30 AM
So, if you were going to play a campaign of DnD and you had to play one of these character combinations, which one you would choose? Imagine the stats would be rolled to be pretty much the same as the OotS-crew has.

The Prince of Cats
2006-12-07, 07:42 AM
I am having a dull day... I looked atthe options and thought "those choices are a little restrictive, aren't they?" before I worked out what they were...

Khantalas
2006-12-07, 07:55 AM
Note: It's CN Human Rogue and LG Dwarf Cleric. And non-evil Elven Wizard.

Having said that, I do go ahead and say CE Halfling Ranger. Although Gnome instead of Halfling.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-12-07, 07:55 AM
Yay!!!
Everyone wants to play Elan...

*doesn't care about statistically significant sampling*

magic8BALL
2006-12-07, 09:20 AM

*looks around*

*stab*

BardicLasher
2006-12-07, 09:23 AM
I play a Chaotic Good Bard... Okay, maybe Chaotic Neutral... .... Okay, maybe Chaotic Evil... He's had a slow decline to darkness ever since he started hanging out with goblins.

Norenche
2006-12-07, 09:23 AM
mmmmh CE half orc barbarian

:thog: thog like puppies!

Vargtass
2006-12-07, 09:34 AM
Note: It's CN Human Rogue and LG Dwarf Cleric. And non-evil Elven Wizard.

Having said that, I do go ahead and say CE Halfling Ranger. Although Gnome instead of Halfling.

The class and level geekery thread has it pinned as CG Human Rogue. I agree on LG Dwarf Cleric, though. And I think it should be NG Elven Wizard, but have no conclusive evidence.

And BTW, I would love to add my impression of Elan to the lot...

Khantalas
2006-12-07, 09:42 AM
Pinned? Using what, a lasso? Did they make their grapple checks?

I bet most of the guys in that thread don't even have Improved Grapple.

Raimun
2006-12-07, 10:41 AM
... Wait? Durkon is Lawful! There's no reason to live! Where's my kayak?!Where's my kayak?!

Ok, I actually got that wrong. Should have remembered. :smallamused:

Still, I think Haley is Chaotic Good, not Chaotic neutral. She does steal and all that but she's kind, compassionate and willing to help others (like the mud farmers).

As for Vaarsuvius, I think s/he is Neutral. It's clear s/he's not Evil (the spell of the goblin cleric) but s/he doesn't look Good to me. She's willing to blast a party member (Belkar) for an experiment and regards helping poor mud farmers as a waste of his/her arcane powers.

On Law-Chaos-axis V hasn't showed any kind of bias.

XtheYeti
2006-12-07, 11:11 AM
mmmmh CE half orc barbarian

:thog: thog like puppies!
Amen my brother

Grasilich
2006-12-07, 11:16 AM
I play a Chaotic Good Bard... Okay, maybe Chaotic Neutral... .... Okay, maybe Chaotic Evil... He's had a slow decline to darkness ever since he started hanging out with goblins.

I'm not a DnD player (though I know a lot about it thanks to some friends, NWN and this strip), so I'm curious... how do you play an evil bard? Do you like... sing songs that are, in some way, evil? 'Evil Bard' isn't something you hear of every day.

I picked Neutral Elf Wizard so that I could chuck fireballs at everyone.

Thexare Blademoon
2006-12-07, 11:56 AM
You play an evil bard by killing things and then singing about it, of course.

CG Rogue. I actually play CG and/or Rogues pretty often anyway...

Martok
2006-12-07, 01:24 PM
Definitely a dwarven cleric! I have a soft spot for both the race and the class. :smallsmile:

Amon Star
2006-12-07, 01:52 PM
:vaarsuvius: all the way, in so many ways.

I'm not a DnD player (though I know a lot about it thanks to some friends, NWN and this strip), so I'm curious... how do you play an evil bard? Do you like... sing songs that are, in some way, evil? 'Evil Bard' isn't something you hear of every day.

A vile heart-breaker or male black-widow as two examples.

Diabhan
2006-12-07, 02:20 PM
Rogue. Definately...I can't get enough of um

Jarelk
2006-12-07, 02:24 PM
Rogue here. I almost clicked the Dwarf Cleric, but then I saw that Rogue lying in front of me...

Aldebaran
2006-12-07, 02:46 PM
I chose the bard, since I like to pretend I have musical talent and can sing :smallbiggrin:
Now, seriously, I like the class(rogue combined with an artist, actor and a bit of magician), though I don´t play DnD much now.

Just for fun, I´d try playing a Belkar-like character, but I think it wouldn´t last any long. I´m a goody two shoes, I´m afraid:smallredface:

Dane_Bramage
2006-12-07, 02:53 PM
Gotta go with the NG Dwarf Cleric. I mean... +2 vs Poison and a penchant for hard liquor... who wouldn't want to be a Dwarven Cleric?

imageek
2006-12-07, 03:43 PM
I would so love to play an Elan

Blood
2006-12-07, 03:50 PM
Lawful Good Human Fighter
Chaotic Good Human Rogue
Chaotic Good Human Bard
Neutral Elf Wizard
Neutral Good Dwarf Cleric
Chaotic Evil Halfling Ranger
They're all correct, except for Durkon, who is Lawful Good. Also, although I support V as Neutral, his/her alignment has never been proven.

@OP: I don't know. Belkar and V would be boring for me, and Roy would also be a bit dull. Probably Haley, although Elan or Durkon wouldn't be too bad.

Sneak
2006-12-07, 03:59 PM
KHAAAAAN!

Er...

ELAAAAAAN!

TroyXavier
2006-12-07, 04:11 PM
Rogue for me as well.

Felinoid
2006-12-07, 04:57 PM
I was going based on what I hadn't played and might be fun. I've done the kooky bard at least half a dozen times, played the dutiful dwarf twice, had lots of fun with evil psychopaths (generally with WAY more mental issues than Belkar), and been a wizard more times than I can count, so I was thinking the smart leader would be interesting to play since I usually go for second chair and voted for Roy. But I forgot the one time I did do that, which actually wasn't that fun; the dwarven cleric (coincidental, I assure you) in our party was pretty uppity and kept trying to take command. It lead to an interesting power struggle, if not a terribly fun one.

But after thinking about it a bit more, I'm not sure I've ever played the happy-go-lucky thief. Happy-go-lucky bard who will pick pockets when bored, or an evil thief who steals from everyone, but never quite Haley-ish. I suppose I think thieving maliciously is more fun. :smallamused: Maybe I'll try out the alternative sometime...

mikeejimbo
2006-12-07, 05:16 PM
I'm currently playing a dwarf cleric, but he's Chaotic Neutral. I picked the Chaotic Good Bard, because even though I typically dislike Chaotic Good characters, it is a Bard, and I like Bards...

Khantalas
2006-12-07, 05:24 PM
KHAAAAAN!

Somebody called out my name?

The Extinguisher
2006-12-08, 01:40 AM
I do play a chaotic good bard, but she's hardly human.

So I'm picking the closest thing. Elan would be a fun character to play.

Demented
2006-12-08, 02:01 AM
THOR'S MIGHT!

Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion!

I GOT A 4!

Hmm... So hard to decide...
Wait... Having a vision...

"What would really help is a distraction. Let's set a tent on fire.
"Set a tent on fire?
"Screw it."

CE Halfling Ranger it is.

Tura
2006-12-08, 02:16 AM
CG Rogue.
When I first heard about DnD, my friends told me their campaign needed desperately a cleric, and the first thing that popped into my mind was Friar Tuck. And I thought "Totally cool, I'd LOVE to play something like that!". Then I read the PHB, and saw that clerics are supposed to resemble the Knight Templars, and was rather underwhelmed. Of course, that didn't stop me from playing a female version of Friar Tuck after all: strong, reckless, alcoholic. (Ended up blowing up the entire campaign.) :smallbiggrin:

So anyway, after that, it was very clear what my inclination really is. (See signature.:smallsmile: )

Legendary
2006-12-08, 02:17 AM
Bard. Oh, and my evidence for V's alignment is his/her profile in the game. It states that (s)he's "Neutral Arrogant" and all other cards are like that. Chaotic adjective. Adjective Good. etc, and they're all right.

But that's just me...

Holy_Knight
2006-12-08, 03:20 AM
Think the Phantom of the Opera. :smallsmile:

Aside from that, the PHB gives an example of a bard who uses music to entrance people and essentially trick them into giving away their money to him. I could also imagine a scoundrel kind of bard, who used his natural charm and persuausion to swindle and seduce people, or one who operated behind the scenes of a ruling power to manipulate and control lives.

As far as Haley, I agree that she's chaotic good, not chaotic neutral. She's too kind-hearted to just be neutral, I think.

V tends to strike me as lawful neutral--loyal, orderly, and methodical, and clearly not evil but not particularly altruistic either.

Durkon is definitely lawful good, that's something that is made a big deal out of in the comic.

Roy is lawful good by admission.

Belkar is chaotic evil by obviousness.

Elan is chaotic good by obviousness too.

A Gray Phantom
2006-12-08, 04:09 AM
Bard for the win!

blackfox
2006-12-08, 08:51 AM
I bet Elan would be reallllly fun to play...

BardicLasher
2006-12-08, 09:12 AM

You play an evil bard by killing things and then singing about it, of course.

Well, it's very easy to play an evil bard in an evil party. You aid others as they're doing evil... But my bard wasn't in an evil party, so here's some examples of how he was evil...

-Using Fascination on townsfolk and Suggesting they give him money.
-Using his Sleight of Hand skill to take money without them noticing.
-Using illusions to spend money that wasn't real.
-Writing songs that inspired chaos and rebellion.
-Using enchantment spells to make women do things with him that they wouldn't normally do. Or even when he just used diplomacy, he went out of his way to never see them again.
-Raping a Dryad (Though in his defense, she deserved it. She had just sent a bear to maul his best friend for rolling a natural 1 on an untrained perform check, and my bard was clearly under the mindset of "If you attack me and fail, your life is forfeit." There was a large debate afterwards over whether or not it was more morally acceptable to rape her and leave her in the woods or to kill her.)
-Cheating on your Atonement quest. (Me and summoned monsters only, huh? Well, I'll just use this scroll of gate and... Summon Party Fighter 18!)
-Eat elven flesh (roasted to perfection). Preferably Drow. They're full of much needed vitamins and nutrients.
-Purchase a slave, wrap a Whip of Shock around her, and activate it, just to watch her squirm, scream, and roast as she dies. And if the electricity cooks her well enough...
-Regularly casting spells with the Evil descriptor.

There's more, but I think that's enough to clearly put him in the realm of Chaotic Evil.

StickMan
2006-12-08, 09:24 AM
Elan would be fun but Roy leads the party so he has my vote.

Pain in the neck
2006-12-08, 10:26 AM
Neutral Good Dwarf Cleric. I like dwarfs. They are reliable.

ThorFluff
2006-12-08, 10:41 AM
Well, it's very easy to play an evil bard in an evil party. You aid others as they're doing evil... But my bard wasn't in an evil party, so here's some examples of how he was evil...

-Using enchantment spells to make women do things with him that they wouldn't normally do. Or even when he just used diplomacy, he went out of his way to never see them again.
-Raping a Dryad (Though in his defense, she deserved it. She had just sent a bear to maul his best friend for rolling a natural 1 on an untrained perform check, and my bard was clearly under the mindset of "If you attack me and fail, your life is forfeit." There was a large debate afterwards over whether or not it was more morally acceptable to rape her and leave her in the woods or to kill her.)
-Cheating on your Atonement quest. (Me and summoned monsters only, huh? Well, I'll just use this scroll of gate and... Summon Party Fighter 18!)
-Eat elven flesh (roasted to perfection). Preferably Drow. They're full of much needed vitamins and nutrients.
-Purchase a slave, wrap a Whip of Shock around her, and activate it, just to watch her squirm, scream, and roast as she dies. And if the electricity cooks her well enough...

There's more, but I think that's enough to clearly put him in the realm of Chaotic Evil.

:eek:
This is why i never play really evil, i don't have the stomach to even pretend to do that!
Though it does make me want to try to play really evil, just to give myself a challenge!... perhaps a barbarian!

Nerd-o-rama
2006-12-08, 11:16 AM
Hmm...arguments about alignments aside, this is tricky.

I'd like to play the Lawful Good Paladin/Monk. But that's because I always play the Paladin, and a P/M build is something I've wanted to try as a counter-caster, and a non-sucky Samurai. However, I'd be much too nice to take Miko's role, and my poor powergamey self wouldn't be able to stand the downsides to her TWF build.

So, Lawful Good Dwarf Cleric. Because there's no way D's nonlawful.

SupraGuy
2006-12-08, 01:49 PM
:vaarsuvius: "I prepared explosive runes this morning."

If you have a problem with that, I also prepared Evans Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion.

Xi-1
2006-12-08, 02:09 PM
I play a Neutral-Good half-elven fighter with a rurouni's moves, and I'm thinking of bringing in the Chaotic-Neutral human version. But out of these choices I'm either behind Elan (uber-fun) or Durkon (Go Team Cleric!).

On the other hand, my N-G fighter ended up being a male lead type despite being in his mid-teens. So I'm still having fun. Besides, he has a Neutral-Evil aspect for emergencies.

Jarwy
2006-12-08, 04:37 PM
Oops, voted for the wizard, but I really meant to go for Roy's character. He is such a smooth fellow with the ladies and really not that restricted as a paladin would be. :smallwink:

Norenche
2006-12-08, 04:58 PM
and a half dwarf half elf fighter/wizard? (yeah, too much Munchkin)

purpleroze
2006-12-08, 05:07 PM
the smooth thifting of things is my hobby. :haley:

BardicLasher
2006-12-08, 05:32 PM
:eek:
This is why i never play really evil, i don't have the stomach to even pretend to do that!
Though it does make me want to try to play really evil, just to give myself a challenge!... perhaps a barbarian!

Don't worry, it gets easier every time. :nale:

As for a Barbarian... No. Barbarians just kill people. If you want to be evil and awesome, go for either a Sorcerer or a Monk. An evil monk is a huge challenge, but I've done it beautifully before, and a CE sorcerer who simply things seeing things explode is cool is very fun.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-08, 05:40 PM
Don't forget the evil cleric of an evil god. They can be, er, evil too.

BardicLasher
2006-12-08, 07:17 PM
Evil mystic theurge of Garyx I played once. THAT was fun. He just exploded EVERYTHING because his god demanded it.

Norenche
2006-12-08, 07:43 PM
a LE Paladin (well, it's not a "paladin" at all) would be awesome, killing everyone honorably, just like Takhisis' Knights at Dragonlance

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-08, 08:23 PM
Neutral Elf Wizard. I already play one...

Weiser_Cain
2006-12-08, 09:53 PM
I'm always the Wizard!

FlawedParadigm
2006-12-08, 11:35 PM
And lo, the universe was created, and all was well.

And lo, the universe took form, and planes were created, and all was well.

And lo, the Heavens were created. Sun, and sky, and sea, and moon. And all was well.

And lo, life was created. The trees, and orcs, and goblins, and humanoids, and tree sloths, and breakfast cereals, and so on, and so forth. And all was well.

And lo, stupidity was created, and many problems arose.

And lo, stabbity death was created to solve stupidity, and all was well.

Belkar, baby. Belkar FTW.

Balesirion
2006-12-08, 11:44 PM
I actually think the alignments are a bit screwed up. Durkon is Lawful Good, he has proven himself on the side of law many times (e.g. Miko). Varsuuvius is either neutral or perhaps neutral good.

Though Durkon just plain rocks, in my opinion.:smallbiggrin:

krossbow
2006-12-08, 11:50 PM
Definitely the chaotic good bard; bard's are my favorite class after all! And I do love elan.

But the easiest way to play an evil bard is simply to act as a death metal character. Take the evilest, msot insane musician you can find, and then play them, with horribly cheesy attempts to constantly be dark; such as when a child's puppy dies, make a song about it having no soul and the boy's life being meaningless!
________
VAPIR NO2 REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

Shadic
2006-12-08, 11:54 PM
Looks like I'm one of the few would play a Human Fighter.

I mean, look at my avatar! He runs around and swings a sword! Always thought of myself as more of a Good / Neutral, or whatever though.

Demented
2006-12-08, 11:54 PM
Though Durkon just plain rocks, in my opinion.:smallbiggrin:

Ab-so-lutely.
Thor's Lightning.
Thor's Uber Lightning.
Thor's Might.

If only his idea of snap decisions didn't involve "THA TREES BE ATTACKIN'! RUN FER YER LIVES!!!"

N4L3
2006-12-08, 11:56 PM
take a wild guess, we need the linear guild up there!
Lawful evil all the way!

brionl
2006-12-08, 11:58 PM
I've always wanted to try a Chaotic Good Half-Orc Bard that specializes in Bag-pipes.

Vindemiatrix
2006-12-09, 12:45 AM
Probably Elan, although I'm personally more like Haley...incidentally, I think Haley is NG, as she is too tied down by her various personalities to be Chaotic.

And I think Durkon is LG, because of his little rant to Hilgya in the first story arc.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-09, 06:23 AM
*off topic*

Um, I am quite pissed at that death metal quote. Death metal is NOT the bad, evil one. Black metal is. I listen too melodic death metal, and trust me, it isn't evil, just very nihilistic. Quite a lot of it is philosophical. I am a massive metal fan, so I know wht I am talking about

*end off topic*

Khantalas
2006-12-09, 06:32 AM
But the easiest way to play an evil bard is simply to act as a death metal character. Take the evilest, msot insane musician you can find, and then play them, with horribly cheesy attempts to constantly be dark; such as when a child's puppy dies, make a song about it having no soul and the boy's life being meaningless!

QFBW = Quoted for Being Wrong.

Metal rocks. No pun intended.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-09, 06:37 AM
Ja! Metal rules! If you keep mouthing off, I will sick the grunge fans on you! DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!

But really man, stop it. You are just perpetrating an incorrect stereotype created by the media. Which is bad.

azrianni
2006-12-09, 01:47 PM
I voted for :belkar: because what could be more fun than someone who lives by the code "When in doubt, set something on fire." He gets to cause all the trouble the others get to fix.

If I were really playing in a group like this, though, I'd much more likely end up as :roy: .

Learnedguy
2006-12-09, 02:54 PM
Bard of course. Face it, the bard always gets the girl before the ending. Losers like Bond gets them after the ending.

Thus Bard>Bond

Raimun
2006-12-10, 12:13 AM
Ok... I like I said before, I sure did write Durkon's aligment wrong. I guess it's because there was this NG dwarf cleric in one campaign who was too durkonish but hey, how many ways there are to play a dwarf? Two? Three? :smallamused:

Replace Durkon's Neutral with Lawful.

Raimun
2006-12-10, 12:27 AM
*off topic*

Um, I am quite pissed at that death metal quote. Death metal is NOT the bad, evil one. Black metal is. I listen too melodic death metal, and trust me, it isn't evil, just very nihilistic. Quite a lot of it is philosophical. I am a massive metal fan, so I know wht I am talking about

*end off topic*

Don't believe this guy. Every metalhead is evil or isn't a metalhead at all. I'm eeevil! I like metal. It's different from mainstream music and scaaary. I flay puppies. I even dress in black.

... Yeah, right. Stupid stereotypes. :smallamused:

Back to Evil Bard-thing.

Evil Bards might be interesting characters to play. Bards already show little regard to laws (usually) and might find their charming powers a real asset in life of crime. It's not hard to imagine someone would an Evil Bard.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-10, 01:21 AM
Heh. The nicest person I know listens to black metal (i.e., the evil one). So, metalheads are not inherently evil, but we are quite often antisocial. But yes, mainstream music is cruddy beyond reason. It is FUBAR.

Mr.Burn
2006-12-10, 01:37 AM
Id go with a Halfling Rogue Neutral Evil, cross classing with a Ranger for the spot feet bonuses

...generally cos I find it amusing when i think fo the posytion of a enemy... imagin the shock of a 3 feet tal oger getting his ass wooped by a 1 foot thingie with small daggers ;)

So halfling stealth FTW

Amon Star
2006-12-10, 06:33 AM
incidentally, I think Haley is NG, as she is too tied down by her various personalities to be Chaotic.

Surely her multiple personalities is one of her chaotic traits. Anyway, she could easily be CN instead of CG.

Jazzvader
2006-12-10, 09:58 AM
Me it's gotta be V because I love elves they are the master race everyone should be tall and pointy eared!!!

5tephen
2006-12-10, 09:23 PM
:elan: is just too much fun to not play him.

I tend to always play something where I can just goof off a little.
Second choice would definately be the Rogue. Because I like stealth.

Izodor
2006-12-11, 12:57 AM
The bard (although I would prefere LE above CG). Maybe I will do a combination fighter/rogue/sorcerer specializing in enchantment spells.

skinkatlarge
2006-12-11, 01:12 AM
For "evil bard", just think of your least favorite, most obnoxious and arrogant MTV or VH1 diva/rockstar...

EDIT: Oops. Posted before I read through to the death/black metal controversy. Well, it still stands.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-11, 01:18 AM
Nobody wants to be the cleric but who do they run to when they're down to their last few hit points? That's right US!

Amon Star
2006-12-11, 07:15 AM
Nobody wants to be the cleric but who do they run to when they're down to their last few hit points? That's right US!

Quoted for truth.

Caractacus
2006-12-11, 09:46 AM
Id go with a Halfling Rogue Neutral Evil, cross classing with a Ranger for the spot feet bonuses

...generally cos I find it amusing when i think fo the posytion of a enemy... imagin the shock of a 3 feet tal oger getting his ass wooped by a 1 foot thingie with small daggers ;)

So halfling stealth FTW

I assume you mean a 3-METRE tall ogre getting his arse whipped by a 1-METRE tall thingy (halfling)...?

Halflings aren't 30cm high, and a three-foot ogre, well I reckon even I could have one of them... :smallbiggrin:

Bruenor
2006-12-11, 11:10 AM
Dwarf cleric all the way...Gotta say something though...One of my friends refuses to belive there is dwarven women...what makes it worse is he's current Dm...Just somehting funny to say...

Martok
2006-12-11, 12:58 PM
For "evil bard", just think of your least favorite, most obnoxious and arrogant MTV or VH1 diva/rockstar...
William Shatner. :smalltongue:

My friend and I co-DM'ed a campaign where one of the main bad guys was an evil bard who....spoke...with a...."Shatnerian"....style. It was quite amusing for all involved. :smallbiggrin:

Holy_Knight
2006-12-11, 07:09 PM
William Shatner. :smalltongue:

My friend and I co-DM'ed a campaign where one of the main bad guys was an evil bard who....spoke...with a...."Shatnerian"....style. It was quite amusing for all involved. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you..............my.....friends MY.......small...friends!

..a cookie to whoever gets that reference.

DrowWolfrider
2006-12-19, 10:52 PM
My first post! Hooray!!!

Okay so I chose NN Elf wizard for 3 resons

1, Wizard with longsword and composite longbow
2, One word: Fireball
3, :vaarsuvius: is my favorite OoTSer

SCEPTRE
2006-12-20, 12:25 AM
id be elan because it would be cool to always be in a happy mood even when fighting 100 goblins, (most likely).

mockingbyrd7
2006-12-20, 12:36 AM
One of the first three choices... I went with Human Bard because it's a weird twist for me and Elan's my favorite character in OOTS.

Lord_Kimboat
2006-12-20, 07:07 AM
Well I tend toward clerics because they are probably the most versatile class. They get good armor, they are decent at combat, they get relatively good spells - including the all important healing spells, every party protects their cleric (except perhaps OotS) because he's the only one who can heal them or bring them back from the dead. Oh, yes, they can also make undead (not really a LG thing to do though).

On the Dwarven side, he can see in the dark, has great saves vs spells and poison and can probably craft his own weapons and armor.

Yep, the Dwarven cleric is probably able to solo (remember - Go Team Cleric!) but rarely has to since the party will most of the time protect him.

elliott20
2006-12-20, 07:49 AM
I wanna play the chaotic/lawful -evil lich.

oh wait...

Duke of URL
2006-12-20, 08:50 AM
:xykon: Chaotic Evil overlord/arch-villian for me, thanks.

Wiione
2006-12-20, 01:59 PM
I think that Durkon's LG and V's never been stated but my guess is LN. I would play Roy, BTW.

David94
2007-01-17, 10:43 PM
Roy: because I usually play a fighter when I play D&D.
Haley: because stealing stuff and being sneaky is fun.
Elan: because I love the funnyness.
Vaarsuvius: because 1)Fireball 2)Magic Missile 3)Lightning 4)ESTFI.*
Belkar: because chaos and getting to kill stuff.
Durkon: because**

Can't decide... too confusing... too hard to decide... [brain explodes]

*Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
**Sorry, Durkon lovers.

Talyn
2007-01-17, 10:49 PM

Lawful Good fighter, so I could KILL people JUST LIKE THAT. Quickly, and with a minimum of fuss.

Rainspattered
2007-01-18, 12:24 AM
Ideally, a half-orc barbarian of the ADHD alignment.

vbushido
2007-01-18, 01:14 AM
Done it, done it, done it, done something like it, does a CN gnome wizard who makes judges flop-sweat count? Her first act was to crotch the male halfling rogue in the party with her staff. Hmmm.... choices, choices... ah to heck with it. "Elf me! Elf me!"

-----
A pile for everything, and everything in its pile

Lrbearclaw
2007-01-18, 03:43 AM
I've RPed a L-G Human Fighter before. Was easy... because my RL alignment is Lawful Good. Of course.... I prefer Choatic Good Barbarian. BOOYEAH!

Caractacus
2007-01-18, 02:05 PM

Sorry to comment on Mr Burn again, but a Halfling with 'spot feet' bonuses?

They should be pretty easy to spot; after all, they are huge, hairy, unshod and, given Halflings' height, not very far away... :smalltongue:

As the Elven spellcaster, I prepare Explosive Runes to protect myself against the stabbity death that now stalks me...:smallwink:

ozymand1as
2007-01-18, 03:47 PM
Clerics have it all, spells (divine so rarer resistance) and the ability to fight. OOOOH! Also, dwarves are just freaking awesome.

MisterM
2007-01-19, 04:22 PM
Once I had a multiclass (half-?) Elf Rogue/bard made for me (I believe it was a bard with Arcane archer or something), but I've never played it...
Anyway, that is why I'm not voting.

Obezageip
2007-01-19, 05:03 PM
How can Durkon be LG if Thor is CG? He has to be NG, cause there's no way he's chaotic.

Regardless, CG Human bard for me. Though the one that I played (unfortunately that game's over :() had an INT score of 14, so he wasn't quite Elan.

Uzraid
2007-01-19, 05:27 PM
I am currently playing a CG Dwarf Cleric who's loosely based on Durkon, right down to stealing a deity from literature, although mine is Mahal. The deities in PHB are, frankly, a snoozefest.

And serious props to anyone who knows it without looking it up.

War
2007-01-19, 05:35 PM
I have a healthy distaste for elves, but the stuffy, arrogant, long-winded, morally indifferent character seems to be pretty me. It's fun, darnit!

Orrmundur
2007-01-20, 05:28 PM
how do you play an evil bard? Do you like... sing songs that are, in some way, evil? 'Evil Bard' isn't something you hear of every day.
Two words: R. Kelly.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

MisterM
2007-01-20, 05:32 PM
Two words: R. Kelly.

WHAHAHAH!!!

I bet there are more examples of 'Evil Bards' out there.

Coffee_Dragon
2007-01-20, 08:27 PM
Rich has confirmed all non-halfling OotS members as Good in the far past. And since I've posted exactly the same thing before, I have to add something random... celeriac!

Edit though: I also think Durkon has pretty much been confirmed as Lawful in the comic, deity notwithstanding.

PiperlyonWiz5
2007-01-20, 08:31 PM
I have played a wizard and they are sweet

Kilbia
2007-01-20, 09:13 PM
So, if you were going to play a campaign of DnD and you had to play one of these character combinations, which one you would choose? Imagine the stats would be rolled to be pretty much the same as the OotS-crew has.

Ummm...my main character in Living Greyhawk *is* a Chaotic Good Human Rogue. She's more of a face than a sneaker/sniper, but I'm working on that. ;)

Amon Star
2007-01-21, 05:53 AM
WHAHAHAH!!!

I bet there are more examples of 'Evil Bards' out there.

Ozzy Osbourne?

Jazzvader
2007-02-12, 04:00 PM
Anyone who didn't vote for :vaarsuvius: is a fool!!!
Elves and Magic rule!!!
I participated in the Guild war of 2007 you know!!