PDA

View Full Version : Earliest entry for Telfmmar shadowlord without flaws?

CyberThread
2013-07-03, 12:47 AM
What is the earliest entry you can think of for a telfmmar shadowlord without flaws?

Am looking over my options and am not liking it very much.

L1 Dodge
L3 Mobility
L6 Blind Fight
L9 spring attack

Making it , I can't enter the class until level 10(11 if using template ) ?

Novawurmson
2013-07-03, 01:01 AM
Well, all of them are Fighter bonus feats.

So
1 - Dodge
Fighter 1 - Mobility
Fighter 2 - Blind Fight
3 - (any)
Fighter 4 - Spring Attack

Edit: Maybe do human with Able Learner for the skills (I'm a Pathfinder guy, so cross-class skills are something that happens to other people : P).

CyberThread
2013-07-03, 01:14 AM
as it is already heavy on feats, and mask as a god requirement.

Mask has a domain that gets access to blind fight, would that be worth it over one of the fighter dips?

I don't know....

Cliostered cleric Dodge blind fight
Fighter mobility
Fighter
rogue
Rogue
rogue I meet my +4 bab so can get spring attack I also get my 2d6 sneak attack needs

Can't get into telf until level 8 so...

I don't know prc into a one level dip of assassin?

Aegis013
2013-07-03, 01:22 AM
It's only worth doing the Cleric if you're not concerned about losing the BAB or the other domain you pick up will provide a significant benefit from its domain power. Or if you desperately need the skills.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-03, 01:26 AM
Hmmm... the earliest I've got is Scout 1/Cobra Strike Monk 6 with the Improved Skirmish feat (ECL 7).

You get Hide/Move Silently as class skills, skirmish=SA for entry, and you get Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack as monk bonus feats.

This should be earliest entry, barring skill/HD shenanigans.

CyberThread
2013-07-03, 01:29 AM
Hmm maybe, then again we are doing fractional bab and saves,so I need to look up that math when am not tired.

Snowbluff
2013-07-03, 01:29 AM
Being a human would chop quite a few levels off.

as it is already heavy on feats, and mask as a god requirement.

Mask has a domain that gets access to blind fight, would that be worth it over one of the fighter dips?

Yes.

lsfreak
2013-07-03, 01:32 AM
Mobility is available as a flat-cost armor enhancement.

If you take a monk dip for feats, I'd suggest dropping evasion for Invisible Fist. 1/3 round invisibility as an immediate action. Lets you full attack-sneak attack when you're saving your teleports or out for the encounter/day.

Snowbluff
2013-07-03, 01:36 AM
The best Entry Method would probably be Human Paragon2/Swordsage5 with the template.

CyberThread
2013-07-03, 01:38 AM
Hmm....can you explain to me like am 5 on how a monk like build would work out?

Jacque
2013-07-03, 08:02 AM
The feat requirements makes the prestige class annoying to enter, but I found the +2d6 sneak attack and dimension door requirements much more challenging to fulfill without having to spend too many levels.

My current Shadowlord uses a Feat Rogue 2 / Swordsage 5 build. It requires me to use Assassin's Stance for the sneak attack bonus and my GM allowed the teleport maneuvers from shadow hand to be sufficiently qualifying for the dimension door requirement.

CyberThread
2013-07-03, 02:12 PM
Hmm...some interesting points all around, I think no matter how I do this, it won't come out pretty.