PDA

View Full Version : How to Find the Unfindable

DrakePenn
2013-07-03, 01:51 AM
All right, the is a conundrum. In a high level campaign, how can you find someone who fled, and is managing to avoid magical and psionic detection? She has massive bluff and disguise, and access to teleport twice a day, and use magic device. This is difficult so bring your best ideas! Thanks!

Flickerdart
2013-07-03, 01:52 AM
Metafaculty pierces all sub-epic defenses, even those that block other divinations and clairsentience effects.

Just to Browse
2013-07-03, 01:56 AM
flicker has a reaction posting time of approximately 60 seconds. What on earth.

Arcanist
2013-07-03, 02:06 AM
I can't be the only one laughing at Flickerdarts 60 second response time right? Always immediate and right between the armor as always, eh?

gurgleflep
2013-07-03, 02:20 AM
I think Flicker just changed the definition of the word "ninja" :smalleek:

MirddinEmris
2013-07-03, 03:34 AM
Something like Contact Other Plane could work

Darrin
2013-07-03, 06:35 AM
Helping hand/Messenger Arrow (from Ghostwalk Web Enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030607a)) can get around mind blank and "anti-divination" magic.

Discern location can't get around mind blank, but you can maybe use it on items the person is carrying. If Griselda can't be found, try Griselda's longsword +1.

TuggyNE
2013-07-03, 07:23 AM
flicker has a reaction posting time of approximately 60 seconds. What on earth.
I can't be the only one laughing at Flickerdarts 60 second response time right? Always immediate and right between the armor as always, eh?
I think Flicker just changed the definition of the word "ninja" :smalleek:

Clearly, Flickerdart is manifesting metafaculty once every two rounds to determine which post to reply to next and using a recharge trick in between. :smallwink:

DrakePenn
2013-07-03, 12:34 PM
Helping hand/Messenger Arrow (from Ghostwalk Web Enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030607a)) can get around mind blank and "anti-divination" magic.

Discern location can't get around mind blank, but you can maybe use it on items the person is carrying. If Griselda can't be found, try Griselda's longsword +1.

My DM rules that mind blank protects your gear from detection as well, so that won't work.

DrakePenn
2013-07-03, 12:43 PM
Metafaculty pierces all sub-epic defenses, even those that block other divinations and clairsentience effects.

Wow, great reaction time. That might be exactly what I'm looking for. Finding a seer shouldn't be to difficult.