PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestion

ChubsMcGee
2006-12-07, 08:08 AM
Just a quick suggestion I wanted to throw out. Under the comics page have a link to the cast pages, as well as archive. When I was trying to find the cast page for Erfworld the only way to get there was by going to view the comics, and clicking the question mark. Not exactly self explanatory to me. I think having a link on the Comics page between First and New, and actually spelled out as Cast would be beneficial to those just browsing.

Not to complain though. I love the site, just a usability issue I thought could be changed.

RawBearNYC
2006-12-07, 09:40 AM
Not sure that the cast page is that important, but to get to the archive, click the image above Start and New.

HempRope
2006-12-07, 09:45 AM
I have to say, a question mark is a weird symbol for a cast page. An exclamation point is a bit off for extras, but a question mark just doesn't make any sense for the cast.

WampaX
2006-12-07, 11:15 AM
I have to say, a question mark is a weird symbol for a cast page. An exclamation point is a bit off for extras, but a question mark just doesn't make any sense for the cast.

You have questions, the cast page has answers.
What could be more intuitive than that?
(note, do not click on the "?" in the above sentence as it will not lead to answers . . . nor will the one in this sentence, for that matter).

Rawhide
2006-12-07, 11:17 AM
I certainly exclaimed my enjoyment of the extras.

ChubsMcGee
2006-12-07, 03:43 PM
Not sure that the cast page is that important, but to get to the archive, click the image above Start and New.

I see your point, to me it just seems like its a page you should be able to navigate to from the Comics page. It seems like everything else related to one of the comics can be linked to from that page. But then again, I'm not much of a web page designer. :smallsmile: At the end of the day, giantitp.com rocks, and still one of my very much frequented pages.

InaVegt
2006-12-07, 04:32 PM
I certainly exclaimed my enjoyment of the extras.

You made your point.

HempRope
2006-12-08, 09:45 AM
Ow.

I like how one of you answered for each icon, though. Cooperative refutation is very convincing.

Rawhide
2006-12-08, 09:54 AM
Ow.

I like how one of you answered for each icon, though. Cooperative refutation is very convincing.
If you ever forget, you can always leave your cursor hover over the symbols for a few seconds...

HempRope
2006-12-08, 02:50 PM
Oh, I do. Believe me, I do.

I don't know what I mean by that.

In other news, what're the odds of nixing the 403 error page?

nifty>>virago<<
2006-12-11, 07:15 PM
i think it would be neat for oots to have a cast page as well.... i dont see why it doesnt... and if it does well then i cant find it

HempRope
2006-12-11, 07:21 PM
See! I've proven my point. Can we have something a little more intuitive than a question mark?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2006-12-15, 04:44 PM
i think it would be neat for oots to have a cast page as well.... i dont see why it doesnt... and if it does well then i cant find it

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Just in case you were not joking....