PDA

View Full Version : Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1c)

Philemonite
2013-07-03, 10:14 AM
Prison Break

Braking in to a prison does not really seem like a great idea, but after Walden explained it you are a lot more convinced. After all, he did say that two guards on the outside can be easily disabled, so the only trouble you will have is on the inside. This will also eliminate any potential back-up, and make your mission a lot simpler. Still, this mission is an assault mission, so brute force is necessary. Reaching the prison was not a problem, but now you have to decide how to approach the guards.

Battlemage
2013-07-04, 11:04 AM
Khoren Bloodsnow

Khoren studies his surroundings and then looks at Arkus and Xardis.

"So... hit them in the head? One of us could talk to them about some useless stuff to distract them and then we just run up and club them unconscious. Though none of us really look normal enough to just walk up to them and start a conversation. Still, Xardis, you'd probably be our best bet for that, at least you're not 8 feet tall."

Untrained perception roll because barbarians don't get enough trained skills:
[roll]1d20+1[roll]
Edit: damn typo

HopeHubris
2013-07-04, 11:33 AM
Askus

"Sounds like a plan"
Askus says, bringing out his net and twirling it around

Askus looks around as well
Perception: [roll0]

Wdwune
2013-07-04, 12:15 PM
Xardis

The genasi scowls but finally realises the decision of his teammates was for the best. "Alright," he says. "Wait here, but be wary about any signs of hostility."

He approached the guards, trying to put himself on the line of sight of both of them simultaneously to allow them to focus their attention more on him and less on their surroundings.

"Reporting," Xardis says to one of the guards, standing in a military stance. "Lord Seldor sent me. You're the ones I need to speak to. I'm here with the new high-security prisoners but I was told you were helping bringing them in..."

OOC:

Bluff check: [roll0] (An average roll... I hope the guards roll a low Insight) :smalltongue:

I'll be ready to use my Battlefront Shift power when we roll initiative.

Philemonite
2013-07-10, 06:24 AM
The guards are confused by Xardis's words, they just stare at him with a blank stare.
"Lord Seldor? Isn't that the noble that visited a few days ago?" One of them asked.
"I think so, but we don't know anything else about that. You should talk to our boss." The other one added while scratching his head.

Battlemage
2013-07-10, 06:43 AM
OOC:

Khoren will charge the guards as soon as they are focused on talking to Xardis. Initiative time?

Philemonite
2013-07-10, 06:51 AM
OOC
Just sneak up to them and hit them in the head. They are already confused, so their perception is natural 1. No need to roll initiative, yet:smalltongue:
*evil grin*

Battlemage
2013-07-10, 08:33 AM
Khoren Bloodsnow

Khoren moves in silently until he is close, and then bursts into explosive motion. He charges the distracted guards, fullblade raised high, muscles bulging under steel skin.
When he is among them he lashes out, the spectral appearance of a steel dragon's terrifying head overlaying his weapon, fangs bared, a mighty roar echoing from its metal maw.

OOC:
Khoren doesn't really do subtle, sorry.:smalltongue:
Stealth to get in charge range: [roll0]
Charge closest guard and use Howling Strike: [roll1]
Damage [non-lethal]: [roll2] + [roll3] = 17

Whelp, that could have gone better

HopeHubris
2013-07-10, 10:02 AM
Askus

With a lowering of his horns, and a raising of his voice, Askus lunges for the guard Khoren didn't

"Charge!"

Goring Charge
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] target gets knocked prone
That is some crappy damage :smalltongue:

Wdwune
2013-07-10, 10:07 AM
Xardis

As Xardis sees the goliath and the minotaur suddenly appear and charge towards one of the guards, he concentrates and makes the ground around him tremble, making the guards lose their balance.

OOC:

Xardis will use his racial ability to create a small earthquake to increase the chances of success of his comrades' attacks.

Earthshock: (Minor action)
Close burst 1
· Attack guard 1: [roll0] vs Fortitude
· Attack guard 2: [roll1] vs Fortitude

Hit: Target is knocked prone

Philemonite
2013-07-11, 10:42 AM
It didn't take much effort and the guards were already on the ground. Luckily, they were unconscious, but still breathing.
Looking through their pockets you find the keys that open the prison.

OOC: Not much to say, so the post is short.:smalltongue:

HopeHubris
2013-07-11, 11:54 AM
Askus

Askus picks up the keys

"So, anyone have any clue what prisoner we're looking for? Or where in the prison 'e 'is?"

Front door thing is now unlocked, not sure if it was before, but it definitely is now

Wdwune
2013-07-11, 12:38 PM
Xardis

"That was easy," the genasi thought. "I didn't even have to draw my sword."

"Apparently we're looking for a merchant guy named Daneir," Xardis replies to the minotaur. "We don't know much, but our current employer told us that inside would be more guards, so we should take them all and interogate one of them about our target."

Xardis then draws his 50-ft rope and use it to tie the unconscious guards' hands and feet.

Battlemage
2013-07-11, 02:19 PM
Khoren Bloodsnow

Khoren just shrugs.

"Fine by me. Any special plans for the guards inside?"

Wdwune
2013-07-11, 06:45 PM
Xardis

"We don't know how many there are," Xardis replied to Khoren, "but we were told that they were more challenging than the minions here. I suggest we break in, and charge if the guards wield melee weapons. If they are the ranged type however, then both Askus and myself will cover you by returning fire from a distance. In any case, I will always lend support if needed, and I'¡m pretty sure Askus' net will be very useful."

HopeHubris
2013-07-11, 10:24 PM
Askus

"I say me just bust in and break faces, not all the faces though, need one that can still tell us where the merchant is"

And with that, he opens the door and walks in

Philemonite
2013-07-13, 09:58 AM
As you enter the prison you see a long corridor with two rows of cells on both sides. The cells are mostly empty, with only a few prisoners who do not even look at you as you enter. There are no guards in the corridor, but you can a big black door at the end and at least three loud voices coming from the other side. Near the big door, there are two smaller doors one on each side.

HopeHubris
2013-07-13, 12:34 PM
Askus

"You guys ready? I'm gonna try to smash the door down, we should probably not take out all of them next time"
Askus laughs
"Though if they're just like the door guards, that might be harder than it sounds"

Battlemage
2013-07-13, 12:41 PM
Khoren Bloodsnow

The goliath is grinning broadly, enjoying the action.

"Smash away my friend!"

Wdwune
2013-07-14, 12:22 PM
Xardis

The genasi dragged the two outer guards inside and carefully closed the entrance door. Once inside, he took a look around as the minotaur was eager to open the big black door open.

He briefly looked around and then nodded to the minotaur.

Perception check to notice something unusual [roll0]

EDIT: Poor senses, you know. :smalltongue:

HopeHubris
2013-07-14, 12:41 PM
Askus

Askus throws himself at one of the doors and tries to smash it open

Strength: [roll0]

Philemonite
2013-07-24, 10:19 AM
The lock brakes without much trouble and the door opens. As you pass the door you enter a big, square room. With a quick glance you notice three very confused guards. If you want to attack now would be the perfect time.

Wdwune
2013-07-24, 10:28 AM
Xardis

Without thinking twice, Xardis quickly moves forward and concentrates to use his racial earthly ability to make the ground tremble and make the guards lose balance and help his teammates to make the finishing blow.

OOC:
As a "no action" I use Battlefront Shift to shift 3 squares in a position adjacent to as many guards as possible.

Then I use Earthshock to make them fall prone.
vs Guard 1: [roll0] vs Fort (16 if I have CA)
vs Guard 2: [roll1] vs Fort (19 if I have CA)
vs Guard 3: [roll2] vs Fort (12 if I have CA)

Hit: Target is prone.

Philemonite
2013-07-24, 10:49 AM
{table] |
_A_ |
_B_ |
_C_ |
_D_ |
_E_ |
_F_ |
_G_ |
_H_ |
_I_ |
_J_ |
_K_ |
_L_ |
_M_ |
_N_ |
_O_ |
_P_ |
_Q_ |
_R_ |
_S_ |
_T_

#1 |_|_|_|G2|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#2 |_|_|G1|X|_|_|_|_|G3|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#3 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#4 |_|_|_|D|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#5 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#6 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#7 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#8 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#9 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#10 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#11 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#12 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#13 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#14 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#15 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#16 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#17 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#18 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#19 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#20 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
[/table]

D-Door
A-Xardis
G1, G2, G3-Guards
The room is from 1-4, A-I

Guard 1 [roll0]
Guard 2 [roll1]

Battlemage
2013-07-24, 10:54 AM
Khoren Bloodsnow

With a wordless shout of excitement, Khoren breaks into a charge, weapon raised, slamming into the nearest guard with crushing force. Once again the steel dragon's roar makes the air tremble as his massive blade strikes downward.

OOC:

Charge G1 and use Howling Strike combined with Inevitable Strike (Two attack rolls, if one of them hits the attacks hits as normal, if both hit it does +1d8 damage):
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] = 17 damage
If both attacks rolls hit + [roll4] for a total of 24 damage

In case the enemy goes to 0 HP or lower: Khoren will use Swift Charge to charge G2 with Howling Strike:
[roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] = 13 damage

Hope I got that all right

HopeHubris
2013-07-24, 11:06 AM
Askus

"Attack!"

Askus charges his net with the spirit of a serpent, throwing it at the guard on the far side of the room.

Serpent Arrow:
Attack roll, Wis vs AC [roll0]
Damage (Weapon +1d6 +Wis) [roll1]
Slide target up to 4 squares, furthest guard goes as far away as possible, looks like he'll move 1 square up (Unless he has a bow or other ranged weapon visible, in which case he moves straight towards the Goliath)

Philemonite
2013-07-27, 10:15 AM
New "map"

{table] |
_A_ |
_B_ |
_C_ |
_D_ |
_E_ |
_F_ |
_G_ |
_H_ |
_I_

#1 |_|_|_|G2|_|_|_|_|_

#2 |_|_|_|X|_|_|_|_|G3

#3 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#4 |_|_|_|D|A|_|_|_|_
[/table]

I didn't know where to put Askus, you can move him if you like

Philemonite
2013-07-27, 12:54 PM
The second guard was surprised, but seeing his comrade fall unconscious he gathered his strength and stood up. He turns his attention towards Xardis and swings his sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wdwune
2013-07-27, 01:17 PM
Xardis

The genasi blocked the sword swing with his heavy shield and counterattacked the guard not with a fencing move, but with a swift arcane spell, making an earthly rune to appear under the feet of his opponent.

Then he quickly stepped back as he finally drew his longsword and charged towards the other guard, finishing the move with a distracting sword swing.

Minor action: Aegis of Assault on G2, now the Guard 2 is marked by Xardis (-2 on attack rolls vs anyone but Xardis).

Move action: Shift to E3

Standard action: Charge at Guard 3, finishing the movement on H2, and using the Student of the Sword feat to add +1 to my attack roll and mark the other guard.

Charge basic attack [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] and mark the Guard 3 until the end of my next turn.
· Miss: Mark the Guard 3 until the end of my next turn.

EDIT: A natural 20 on my initiative roll, a natural 1 on both my attack and damage rolls. :smalltongue:

Philemonite
2013-07-27, 01:25 PM
Guard 3 quickly evades Xardis's strike.

{table] |
_A_ |
_B_ |
_C_ |
_D_ |
_E_ |
_F_ |
_G_ |
_H_ |
_I_

#1 |_|_|K|G2|_|_|_|_|_

#2 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|X|G3

#3 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

#4 |_|_|_|D|A|_|_|_|_
[/table]

Both guards are marked by Xardis

Battlemage
2013-07-27, 01:29 PM
Khoren Bloodsnow

After seeing Xardis charge the far guard, Khoren decided to continue his assault on the guard next to him. He strikes out with his massive blade and the steel dragon silhouette covering his figure mirrors his movement, slashing at the guard with ghostly claws of glinting metal, a scream of hate and molten iron coming from it's open maw.

OOC:

Khoren uses Desperate Fury on G2:
Attack: [roll0] vs AC.
If it misses he pays 5 life to reroll the attack [roll1]. If the second roll also misses he takes an additional 5 damage.
Damage: [roll2]

Philemonite
2013-07-27, 01:41 PM
Guard 3 comes to his senses and uses his sword to get up. He swings the big blade trying to hit Xardis. Simultaneously he tries to sweep him of his feet using his right leg.

Spinning Sweep
[roll0]
Hit:[roll1] damage and knocked prone
Miss: 5 damage

The first attack hit, guard 2 took 16 damage. Xardis took 5 damage.

HopeHubris
2013-07-30, 09:20 AM
Askus

Askus throws his net at the closest guard, hoping to end the fight quickly

Standard Action: Harrier Strike, [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage, If the target doesn't end its next turn at least 2 squares away from its starting position it takes an additional 4 damage

I probably missed <_<

Philemonite
2013-08-06, 10:46 AM
Unable to focus, second guard takes a swing at Khoren, trying to return the favor.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Wdwune
2013-08-06, 02:36 PM
Xardis

The earthly rune on the second guard glowed briefly before Xardis suddenly appeared behind him and attacked suddenly with his sword. "I am your opponent," he reminded him.

For some reason, the genasi was not confronting the third guard anymore.

OOC:

Immediate reaction (after G2's attack on Khoren) : Teleport to E1 and make a Basic Melee attack on G2 (flanking him)
· Attack: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] damage

Note: I'll post my turn's actions in a while, after seeing the results.

Wdwune
2013-08-06, 03:11 PM
Xardis

Upon seeing the guard dodge Xardis' sword move, the genasi growled and stepped back rising his shield. Then he turned to his former opponent and rushed at him to keep him distracted from his companions.

Come, he thinks.

OOC:

Move: Shift to F2.

Standard: Charge at the Guard 2, ending my move in H2.
· Attack: [roll0]
· Hit: [roll1] damage

Note: If someone needs a healing, I have 1 use of Inspiring Word. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Aaaaand another natural 1! :smallcool:

Philemonite
2013-08-06, 03:21 PM
Third guard laughs as he dodges Xardis's attack. He focuses his blade, determined to hit his target.

Sure Strike (Xardis)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Battlemage
2013-08-06, 03:54 PM
Khoren Bloodsnow

Khoren laughs wildly as the guard's blade cuts a line of pain across his left arm. Blood seeps from the wound, its color silver instead of the red that blood should normally be. With a roar of pure enjoyment the giant goliath, and with him the spectral steel dragon, retaliates, trying to smash his massive blade's hilt into the guard's face with brutal strength.

Khoren got 3 temporary HP from reducing the first guard to 0, so he took 4 damage from the guard's attack.

Khoren uses Howling Strike on Guard2:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] = 9

Heh, our rolls sure impress this rounds.

HopeHubris
2013-08-08, 04:56 AM
Askus

"Stand still!"

Harrier Strike Guard 2, Hit: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Wdwune
2013-08-08, 09:46 AM
Xardis

The genasi focused as he renewed his energies. "It's not over yet."

He quikly stepped aside and slammed the remaining guard with his shield in hope to create an opening for Askus to attack.

OOC

Minor action: Inspiring Word on myself: I spend a healing surge and regain [roll0] hit points

Move action: Shift to I1

Standard action: Opening Shove on Guard 3
· Attack: [roll1] vs Reflex
· Hit: Push the guard to I3 and as a free action Askus either shifts 4 squares or makes a basic attack against Guard 3

@Askus: If I hit, you can attack him with a sweet Biting Swarm if you wish :smallsmile:

HopeHubris
2013-08-12, 08:08 AM
Askus

Askus hurls his net, surrounded by a small swarm of spirit insects, at the guard that momentarily lost his footing, but he lost his own footing and completely missed

Biting Swarm: [roll0] Wis vs AC, Damage: [roll1] target and each enemy adjacent to It take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of your next turn.

Philemonite
2013-08-13, 11:32 AM
Last remaining guar looked at his fallen allies. "Pathetic!"
He took a second to focus and them launched a precise attack aimed at Khoren.

Unstoppable [roll0]
Sure Strike
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Battlemage
2013-08-13, 07:05 PM
Khoren Bloodsnow

"Time to end this!"

With an exultant roar Khoren charges across the room, splattering blood from his wounds onto the stone floor, and slams into the last remaining guard. His heavy blade falls down in a scything arc of glinting metal, aiming for his opponent's neck.

Charge guard 3, ending in I1, using Howling Strike in place of a basic attack.
Attack vs AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] = 10

Wdwune
2013-08-16, 10:26 AM
Xardis

"Push the attack!" Xardis shouts to his teammates as he steps to be in a more advantageous position and casts two quick spells: The first one, his earthly rune that appears under the feet of the remaining guard. The second one, his sword suddenly radiates red fire (Magma Sword) and Xardis swings it against his opponent.

OOC

Move: Shift to I3 to get a flanking bonus from Khoren

Minor: Aegis of Assault on the remaining guard. He's now marked by me.

Standard: Greenflame Blade
· Hit: [roll1] fire damage (if there was adjacent enemies they would have took 4 fire damage, but it's not the case, so...)

HopeHubris
2013-08-16, 10:33 AM
Askus

"HA! You're calling them pathetic when you can't even hit the mountain over there?"
Askus laughs as he throws another net-swarm at the guard

Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Philemonite
2013-08-18, 07:06 AM
"I'm not done yet." The guard yells aiming at Xardis.
Griffon’s Wrath Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and -2 penalty to AC.

Wdwune
2013-08-29, 11:09 AM
Xardis

The genasi replies. "I can see that," he says and he gives one step sideways as he changes the grip of his sword, next he attacks with a distracting strike that will allow himself and Askus to shift their position. "Neither we are."

OOC

Move: Shift to H3

Standard: Nimble Footwork
· Hit: [roll1] damage and I shift to G3 and Askus can shift 1 square as a free action (to F4 if he doesn't choose)

HopeHubris
2013-08-29, 11:22 AM
Askus

Not willing to call upon any of his more powerful spirits on such an obviously defeated foe, Askus continues to imbue his nets with the spirits of insects as he throws another.

Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Philemonite
2013-09-01, 09:48 AM
The guard falls down, unconscious but still alive. As you search his pockets you notice a set of keys in his pocket. One of the keys catches your attention, and you notice that a symbol on it matches the symbol on a door labeled as "Special Prisoners".

Wdwune
2013-09-01, 12:24 PM
Xardis

Xardis nods in approval at Askus; his nets made the task pretty well. "Good job, guys."

Being the closest person to the fallen guard, the genasi grabs the keys and puts them in his pouch. "Special Prisoners," he says. "That must be where Daneir is kept, and there's where we're going now."

He looks around looking for any sign that indicates the location of the "Special Prisoners" section. If not, it would be time for interogate the unconscious guard...

OOC

Perception check, just in case: [roll0] (Duh! Xardis have dull earth-elemental senses) :smalltongue:

PS: Is Khoren still here? (I mean, the character not the player)

HopeHubris
2013-09-02, 09:05 AM
Askus

"It woould seem sooo, but I have nooo clooo where the special prison is"
Askus says, wrapping the guard tightly in a net and shaking him until he wakes up

Assume all erroneous 'o's are mooing noises, because it amooses me

also, any necessary roll for net wrapping: [roll0]+appropriate stat

Philemonite
2013-09-04, 05:33 AM
As you take a look around the room you notice a door labeled as "Special Prisoners". When you unlock the door you see a human who looks at you impatiently.
"It was about time. You were sent by Walden, correct? Of course you were, who else would be crazy enough to break into a prison. Why are you just standing there staring at me? If the guards are secured we need to leave, before all the commotion draws more attention. It is so hard to find a good help this days."
You slowly start to realize why someone would want to imprison this person, even if he is not guilty. Just for a second you contemplate leaving him inside, but you remember you have a job to do.

Wdwune
2013-09-04, 05:39 AM
Xardis

The genasi keeps staring at the prisoner. "Daneir, I presume," he says. "Let's get going, we have a lot to talk about."

He nods to Askus and he's ready to leave the prison as soon as possible.

HopeHubris
2013-09-04, 12:06 PM
Askus

Giving up on the still unconscious guard when Xardis finds the target, Askus drops him to the ground and walks to the prisoner.

"Right, well, this will be fastest way to get yooou out of here" Askus says as he picks the man up and runs for the exit 'accidentally' hitting his head on a doorframe on the way.
"Haha! Let's hurry and leave before more guards come" he calls back over his shoulder at Xardis (and the other one if he's still there)

Philemonite
2013-09-19, 06:19 AM
Mission accomplished.:smalltongue: