PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Adventure Path Suggestion

EvilPig
2013-07-03, 10:27 AM
I am looking for suggestion about a nice adventure path to play with 3 players.
Not too hard to play but fun.

I would something from low starting lvl but long enought to hit higher lvl of game.

Hope some path exists with this chance... Else maybe can try something with gestalt option to balance difficulty

Deathkeeper
2013-07-03, 12:06 PM
Carrion Crown can be hard for four people. I love it to death, but avoid that one.
Rise of the Rune Lords is meant to be an intro of sorts to the game, maybe that will work for you. All APs start at level 1. I can also recommend some modules instead.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-03, 12:37 PM
Question: When you say "play with 3 players," do you mean that the game would be run for a 3 player party, or that you would be a player in a 4 player party?

Morbis Meh
2013-07-03, 12:42 PM
Avoid kingmaker in addition to Carrion Crown, tis a party killer! Skulls and Shackles may be alright (I personally dislike it specifically because of how it starts out and it's obsession with skill based gameplay) I have heard good things about Jade Regent so you way want to look into that one. Curse of the Crimson Throne seemed like fun as well; Legacy of Fire isn't too shabby either but the first few encounters will have anyone who plays melee foaming at the mouth.

EvilPig
2013-07-03, 02:11 PM
We will be 3 players and GM so 4 in total.

Players are not so experienced so i would give them sething challenging but not impossible!

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-03, 03:44 PM
None of them are really designed for high-op parties, but I would also recommend avoiding carrion crown or kingmaker. Kingmaker more because it's open ended nature requires a more focued/experienced party and DM. Carrion Crown because it's one of the harder ones.

All the others are designed for a 4 man party, so you'll want to encourage your players not to be low tier characters (bards instead of rogues, no monks, etc.), and to decrease the difficulty for them. That way they should be able to deal with most of the challenges that face them.

EvilPig
2013-07-04, 12:45 AM
What do you say about Rise of the Runelords?

It can be cool and challenging enought?