PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for an adventure

kellbyb
2013-07-03, 12:23 PM
I'm DM'ing a segment where the adventurers are travelling through a large forest while fighting off a group of bandits that are actually death cultists, and I need some good stealth puns to insert along the way. Any suggestions?

Tokiko Mima
2013-07-03, 04:17 PM
I'm DM'ing a segment where the adventurers are travelling through a large forest while fighting off a group of bandits that are actually death cultists, and I need some good stealth puns to insert along the way. Any suggestions?

Well, it's hard to say. If I gave you a general list of puns, they're going to be forced and unnatural when you use them. You kind of have to think on your feet to make them work.

If you want advice, though.... I would use puns to enrich the game, not to interrupt it. Give the bandits names (and name tags!) that are mostly takeoffs of famous/pop culture bandits, like Smokey, Black Bert, Curly Bob, Thelmatt, and Louis. You can drop hints about them actually being death cult members by randomly inserting higher ranked bandits with names that reference death, death metal, or Blue Oyster Cult. Thanatoes, Metallicker, and Kasim Sulton would be good hints to the players that they are maybe dealing with a death cult. You might want to create a list of suitable names, and cross them off as the NPC's are killed.