PDA

View Full Version : Knockback/Bull Rush with a ranged weapon?

Rossebay
2013-07-03, 03:23 PM
Is that even possible? I've just got an image in my head of someone firing out a burst of force with their weapons, knocking someone flying.

Can we make it happen?

Darrin
2013-07-03, 03:28 PM
Bloodstorm Blade PrC (Tome of Battle).

Rout feat (Dragon Magazine #304).

Rossebay
2013-07-03, 03:34 PM
Only thrown weapons, no fired weapons?

mabriss lethe
2013-07-03, 04:12 PM
If it's only thrown weapons, the Atlatl from sandstorm might be a nice choice for shenanigans.

Gensh
2013-07-03, 04:31 PM
There's a fighter archetype in PF, but it only comes online in lategame, so it's not really ideal. If you have a friend who's played Dark Souls, try asking about the Anor Londo archers. I'd link you a video, but they're all full of cursing. :smallwink:

Rossebay
2013-07-03, 05:57 PM
Oh I know about those guys.

They shoot the freakin' trees at you and you fall off and die. I've cleared Dark Souls enough times to cry whenever I'm walking up that bridge.

Keld Denar
2013-07-03, 06:10 PM
If you can get access to the Whirling Blade spell via wand or other means, you can use it to make attacks against all foes in a 60' line. It counts in all ways as a melee attack, meaning you can bullrush foes with it using Knockback as long as you PA with it.

johnnyripper
2013-07-03, 06:53 PM
There is an enchantment in Complete Warrior called Knockback that might be what you are looking for.

Novawurmson
2013-07-03, 09:51 PM
It's 3rd Party Pathfinder, but a Marksman with the Finesse style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/marksman/marksman-combat-styles#TOC-Finesse-Style) can do it from level 2 by expending psionic focus.

Rubik
2013-07-03, 10:02 PM
There is an enchantment in Complete Warrior called Knockback that might be what you are looking for.Combine this with the Exit Wounds enhancement, also from Complete Warrior, to perform a Knockback in a line attack (at a cumulative -4 penalty after the first target) as far as you can aim. Adding Explosive (from the MIC) might allow you to Bull-Rush every target within 10' of the one you hit, as well.

Rossebay
2013-07-03, 10:22 PM
Combine this with the Exit Wounds enhancement, also from Complete Warrior, to perform a Knockback in a line attack (at a cumulative -4 penalty after the first target) as far as you can aim. Adding Explosive (from the MIC) might allow you to Bull-Rush every target within 10' of the one you hit, as well.

That's actually pretty hilarious.

Darrin
2013-07-03, 10:36 PM
There is an enchantment in Complete Warrior called Knockback that might be what you are looking for.

Hmm. Kinda pricey (+3 enhancement). How about Spell-Storing Arrows + battering ram spell? 227 GP each.