PDA

View Full Version : No ooze goes to heaven?

Gift Jeraff
2013-07-03, 05:35 PM
"Fiendish" is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin of nongood alignment (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

"Celestial" is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, plant, or vermin of good or neutral alignment (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

An oversight or are they implying that "gross" slimy stuff don't belong in paradise?

Humble Master
2013-07-03, 05:47 PM
Considering both the horrid editing and borked up alignment system it could easily be either.

Slipperychicken
2013-07-03, 05:48 PM
Perhaps they want to imply that Celestials have higher standards?

Chronos
2013-07-03, 06:01 PM
Celestials' standards would be relevant for half-celestial oozes. But a celestial ooze (if such were to exist) is just a mostly-normal ooze that's good-aligned and lives in the Upper Planes.

EDIT: And remember, you can't spell "Lawful good" without "awful goo".

Mr.Bookworm
2013-07-03, 06:03 PM
There is a demon lord of oozes, while more saintly representation is pretty lacking.

Heck, I don't think there's a god of oozes at all in the default cosmology. Jubilex is all they've got.

Psyren
2013-07-03, 06:05 PM

You owe me a replacement for the coke I sprayed on my screen :smallbiggrin:

But yeah, I guess evil isn't too picky as to turn up its nose at some sludge.

Slipperychicken
2013-07-03, 06:07 PM

This is amazing. Thread won.

Humble Master
2013-07-03, 06:16 PM
And remember, you can't spell "Lawful good" without "awful goo". I will never look at Paladins the same way.

Arcanist
2013-07-03, 06:19 PM

He owes you a coke and me some root beer :smalltongue:

karkus
2013-07-03, 06:33 PM
Yeah, Juiblex is their creator and sovereign god, mostly because the whole lot of them are nonsentient beings. So they're kind of like anatomy-less Native Outsiders, being demon-spawn.

Kind of.

Dimers
2013-07-03, 06:55 PM
There's very little opportunity for oozes to achieve Goodness, because there are very few oozes with enough mind to make moral decisions whatsoever. And those that become awakened already know that they like to eat creatures that happen to be sentient. So maybe -- not that I believe this for a second, mind you, but MAYBE -- the brilliant and deep game designers were trying to subtly say that it hasn't happened yet. YET.

And now I want to play a game of all intelligent oozes trying to become Exalted and possibly get the Saint template, to start building support for a Good-aligned ooze deity. :smallsmile:

Clistenes
2013-07-03, 08:13 PM
Is there even any Ooze monster that isn't either "always neutral" or "always evil"?

Tvtyrant
2013-07-03, 08:51 PM
Celestials' standards would be relevant for half-celestial oozes. But a celestial ooze (if such were to exist) is just a mostly-normal ooze that's good-aligned and lives in the Upper Planes.

Can I have this as a quote please?

Invader
2013-07-03, 08:52 PM

Congratulations, you've just won the internets for today!

Chronos
2013-07-03, 09:07 PM
Quote away, but I didn't come up with it. I'd credit it if I remembered where I saw it.

gurgleflep
2013-07-03, 09:22 PM
And remember, you can't spell "Lawful good" without "awful goo".

Okay, thanks to you I want to play a (celestial) gelatinous cube paladin! What's the cube's ECL?!
Notice the lack of sarcasm.

turkishproverb
2013-07-03, 09:40 PM

...Well, that is the best sentence to come of a raw argument in a while.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-03, 10:11 PM

He owes you a coke and me some root beer :smalltongue:

Mountain Dew over here. There's also Living Spells that can have the [good] subtype (of spells that have the good descriptor). Or are they just NG aligned?

undead hero
2013-07-03, 10:22 PM
Okay, thanks to you I want to play a (celestial) gelatinous cube paladin! What's the cube's ECL?!
Notice the lack of sarcasm.

WoTC once published a gelatinous cube Monk... Might have some luck finding that...

Rubik
2013-07-03, 10:22 PM
I just wanted to leave this here. (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-1-title/)

Psyren
2013-07-04, 12:01 AM
Mountain Dew over here. There's also Living Spells that can have the [good] subtype (of spells that have the good descriptor). Or are they just NG aligned?

Good point, living aligned spells do carry that alignment. You can also make a living spell with multiple components, so a Living Holy Dictum Word would indeed be a Lawful Good Awful Goo.

ArqArturo
2013-07-04, 01:04 AM
Considering both the horrid editing and borked up alignment system it could easily be either.

Book of Vile Darkness, Darkness Given Hunger :smallbiggrin:.