PDA

View Full Version : I need some help choosing my spells

Sgt. Cookie
2013-07-03, 06:12 PM
In a mid power game I'm making a character for, I've decided to make a Wizard 3/Beguiler 2/Ultimate Magus 4.

I'm going to be a Grey Elf (Elven Generalist sub level, natch), but I'm not sure what spells to take for my Wizard half, and what spells my Wizard should give to my Beguiler. So help would be appreciated.

unseenmage
2013-07-03, 11:20 PM
I was just made aware of a few spells that can potentially be combined to build an arcane machine of sorts.

Spells:
- Glyph of Warding (PH 236)
- Shalantha's Delicate Disk (LEoF 33) + Unseen Servant (PH 297) to move said disk
- Contingency (PH 213)
- Energy Transformation Field (MoF 92)

And the Inscribe Rune feat (PGtF 40), the Craft Contingent Spell feat (CA 77) and Glyph Seal items (MIC 161).

Sorry it's not more specific. I was given hints and pieces but not the recipe.
(for my purposes resetting traps would be involved too)

Zanos
2013-07-04, 02:55 AM
Depends on what you want to do. Since you didn't really say this will pretty much be all generic caster advice.
For battlefield control the ol' standbys are:

Level 1:
Grease
Level 2:
Glitterdust, Web
Level 3:
Sleet Storm, Slow
Level 4:
Solid Fog, Black Tentacles

Create Magic Tatoo can help you alleviate some of the CL loss, but not until higher levels. If you are the primary arcane caster Extended Rope Tricks are very useful for resting pretty much anywhere. Nerveskitter can help you win intiative to lay down spells, Dispel Magic is basically mandatory. There's some neat tricks you can do with the Ultimate Magus metamagic abilities, depending on what metamagic feats you want to take or already have.