PDA

View Full Version : Casting Stat Question

Rakoa
2013-07-03, 06:48 PM
I'm making a Walker in the Waste. It grants many handy little abilities based off Wisdom. I wanted to change this to Charisma, if possible.

Anybody know any tricks to pull it off?

Nettlekid
2013-07-03, 08:04 PM
Can I ask your build so far?

The only things Walker in the Waste gives you that are Wis-based are the DC to halve the Desiccating Touch attack, and the save DC for the Wasting disease which you'll probably never use. And as a high level caster, you'll have better things to do than just suck water out of people (and if you are then half damage doesn't REALLY matter, since you're probably doing it for rule of cool effect, and it's cool regardless.) Apart from that, the best powers you get are those from the Dry Lich template itself, and those ARE Cha-based.

I don't know if there's any way to change the features granted by a class to be based off of different scores, but you can probably work around it. A custom item of Owl's Insight (not Owl's Wisdom, which is similar but less good) would cost 10000*caster level, which equates to paying 20,000 per point of Wisdom increase. For a sizable 200,000 gold you can get a brilliant +10 Insight bonus to Wisdom, so that could go toward those DCs if you want them high. Also, there's the feat Serenity from the Dragon Compendium that changes Paladin abilities from Cha to Wis. Maybe your DM would let you homebrew an opposite feat called "Charismatic Fool" or something, which changes abilities from Wis to Cha. I dunno. I don't think there's any legit way to turn "DC 10 + walker in the waste level + your Wis modifier" into "DC 10 + walker in the waste level + your Cha modifier."