PDA

View Full Version : Raging Question [3.5]

A.A.King
2013-07-03, 06:52 PM
I like the ability of Rage, but I'm not that big a fan of the barbarian class because I can't find an effective way to not dump intelligence. It doesn't even get any skills which use the intelligence stat, they really want all barbarians to be dumb. So right now I'm kind of hoping someone could point me towards some kind of feats or prestige classes which help me with rage without having to take many levels of Barbarian

Basically I'm looking for a Barbarian equivalent to prestige classes like Sacred Fist/Enlightened Fist which help people be monk with 1 or 2 levels of monk or something like monk's Kung Fu Genius feat which shifts to shift Barbarian Skills to the Intelligence stat.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-03, 06:55 PM
From the list of stuff:

Rage
Barbarian
Half-Orc Paragon 2, ecl 2, Unearthed Arcana
Beserker - faerun...
Geomancer 7 (stage 4 drift), ecl 13, Complete Divine
Eye of Gruumsh 1, ecl 7, Complete Warrior
lyncanthropy with badger or wolverine
Weretouched Master 3 (Wolverine), ecl 8, Eberron Campaign Setting, see text
Kinslayer 1, 5, 9/10, ecl ?, Drow of the Underdark

Similar to Rage
Bear Warrior, ecl 8, Complete Warrior, shift into a bear
Frenzied Berserker, ecl 7, Complete Warrior - gains Frenzy, stacks on top of rage, see text
Rage Mage, ecl 6, Complete Warrior - gains spell rage, works in conjunction with rage, Tireless Rage at level 9, see text
Berserk 1, ecl 6, Deities and Demigods - called "Battle Fury", stronger than standard rage, see text
Corrupt Avenger 1, ecl 7, Heroes of Horror, "sworn foe" sort of a cross between rage and favoured enemy, see text
Barbarian 1, class variant, Cityscape Web Enhancement, "Ferocity", bonus to Str and Dex, see text
Barbarian 1, class variant, PHB2, see text
Shifter, race, Eberron Campaign Setting or Monster Manual 3, see text
Bloodclaw Master 1, 3, 5/5, ecl 7, Tome of Battle, "shifting" bonus to Str and gain claws, see text
Wildrunner 1, ecl 6, Races of the Wild, "Primal Scream"
Fist of the Forest 1, 3/3, ecl 5, Complete Champion, "Feral Trance" bonus to dex
Outcast Champion 3, ecl 8, Races of Destiny, "desperate fury", affects allies at level 5

stacks for rage
Eye of Gruumsh, ecl 7, Complete Warrior - stacks for number of uses
Champion of Gwynharwyf, ecl 7, Book of Exalted Deeds, free intimidate against anyone within 30' at level 4
Geomancer 7 (stage 4 drift), ecl 13, Complete Divine
Runescarred Berserker, ecl 8, FR: Unapproachable East - not quite stack, but gives extra rage, also gain Greater Rage at level 8 (ecl 15)
Black Blood cultist, ecl 6, FR: Champions of Ruin - stacks for everything
Rage Mage, ecl 6, Complete Warrior, not stack but grants addition uses of normal rage, plus Tireless Rage at level 9
Battlerager 1, 3, 5/5, ecl 6, Races of Faerun

Produces rage/frenzy/boost/etc. in allies
Warchief 1, ecl 4, Miniatures Handbook
Orc Warlord 5, ecl 11, Races of Faerun
Frenzied Berzerker 6, ecl 12, Complete Warrior
Virtuoso 7, ecl 14, Complete Adventurer
Warrior Skald 10, ecl 16, Races of Faerun
Dawncaller 10, ecl 16, Races of Stone

Special Mention
Extend Rage, feat, Complete Warrior, rage lasts +5 rounds
Extra Rage, feat, Complete Warrior, extra 2 rages
Intimidating Rage, feat, Complete Warrior
Instantaneous Rage, feat, Complete Warrior
Righteous Wrath, feat, Book of Exalted Deeds, foes are shaken, see text
Frantic Rage, feat, Faiths of Eberron, bonus to Dex instead of Str
Ferocity, alternate class feature, Cityscape web enhancement, boost to Dex, see text

iDesu
2013-07-03, 06:55 PM
Well if you haven't build the character already then you could always take the raging monk. You gain rage as a barbarian, but lose flurry of blows, still mind, and quivering palm. This variant is found in dragon #310.

Another possible option is the druidic avenger variant in UA and the SRD.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druidVariantDruidicAve nger

A.A.King
2013-07-03, 07:19 PM
Wow I googled a lot but I didn't find that list of stuff. Found some of those things in guides already but some are new. I liked the idea of using Lycanthropy to get rage but with the LA and the Racial Hit Die it's just not worth it. A lot of the other things give Rage too late.

The Druidic Avenger isn't quite what I'm looking for, it still doesn't want you to be intelligent

The monk variant however sounds promising even though I usually avoid Dragon Magazines. Can I find it online somewhere?

lsfreak
2013-07-03, 07:48 PM
Wow I googled a lot but I didn't find that list of stuff.

For future reference :smallsmile: (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1412.0)