PDA

View Full Version : Police Station VI



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:29 AM
The Master comes in and sees Destro running. His thoughts are as follows:
He sounds like the Warper...
He reflects incorrectly...
Ahhh! The energy! It burnss! It burns!
Structure is not meant to last that long.
His time is wrong. Slay him. For the BALANCE!
The Master sends a massive jet of sound, concentrated ultraviolet light, fire, force, and time disjunction at Destro.
((Time disjunction works like disentegration. It removes parts of you from the time stream))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-17, 01:31 AM
((is there or is there not an antimagic field here?))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:31 AM
((You said Cerebremancers stunk!))
((Antimagic field only on the cells.))

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:32 AM
((There is a field in the cell, not in the station))
((No, I said he was the worst kind of caster, as in the worst type to fight. He will kill you. Fast. Plus he is technically five people, so he gets five spells/powers off a round...))

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:32 AM
Vinnie grins at his prey. "You're pretty cocky for someone so tiny! Let's just see how much guts you have!" He swipes at the Kender's abdomen.

***
Rex and Silver continue to chase after Destro, turning the corner.

"Y'can't run from us that easily, caster!"

CabbageTheif
2006-12-17, 01:34 AM
((aw, heck. then i have this mopped up! or... something))

the kender grins at everyone, bleeding.

i'd love to stay and chat-

the kender teleports right next to destro

but you are a pain in our necks

the kender cast Prismatic Sphere around the two of them

and we have more important things to do

teleport with destro

((does anyone have fast enough ref to stop me? i dont mean to godmod it, sorry. i just want to make up for not casting my first round))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:36 AM
So much for that. Can anyone track 'em?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 01:37 AM
Shockit! Destro gets hit by the Masters energy blast just before he turns the corner. Something flashes, and most of the blast dissipates. He stumbles, and gets teleported away by the Kender.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-17, 01:37 AM
((destro, meet me at the shrine with supagoof))

The Nine
2006-12-17, 01:38 AM
Evocation and Omni round the corner, and find only the prismatic sphere. He's gone! Alert Divination immediately. Evocation pulls the mirror out of his pocket and stares at it.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:39 AM
The Master considers.
Sound?
Uh...
Light?
Nothing.
Energy?
How did they do it?
I assume the relocated themselves by-
No.
Matter?
I believe I can. A moment.
The Master walks over to the area, and his eyes glow a dark green.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:42 AM
Vinnie and Rex curse as their targets disappear.

"Dammit, this's why I hate casters!"

He walks back into the main part of the station, and kicks poor Godric in the face as he continues to protest this entire fight. "Damn subhumans. Vinnie?"

"Yeah?"

"Prime Mr. Blacksoul. If we find these casters again, I don't want a repeat of what happened here."

Vinnie nods. "Right." He reaches into his pack, and appears to be fiddling with something. Those with good listen checks can hear moaning in the bag.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:44 AM
We'll get him soon enough. And if no one minds, I'd like to personally be the one to slay that midget thing.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:46 AM
Vinnie looks up and glares at Magtok. "Like hell you will. I've got dibs on that little cocky bastard!"

Rex groans. "Vinnie, we've got our own target. Let the cloaked guy have his kill."

Vinnie sighs. "Fine, fine..."

The Nine
2006-12-17, 01:47 AM
Yes? The voice once again comes from the mirror. He's buggered off. This little tiny guy got him out, and he managed to escape. Took some damage though. I shall start searching immediately. Evocation puts the mirror back in his pocket. We'll find him. Necromancy will have to be informed, of course. Abjuration walks up.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:48 AM
He teleported here.
The Master's yes glow dual tone, maroon and dark green as he rips a hole in time and space, opening a portal to the Shrine.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:48 AM
Vinnie, is it? How would you kill the insect? If your way is more brutal, I'd be more than happy to give you the kill.
Magtok and his android approach the portal.
Shall we be on our way?
((By the way, the android hasn't shared his name.))

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:51 AM
Vinnie grins sadistically. "Can you think of a more brutal way than watchin' your own guts hangin' out in front of you as you bleed t'death? I doubt it."

The Marshals see the portal open.

"Well, that's convenient." They follow the others through.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:53 AM
Right before anyone can get through, it shuts instantly. The Master snarls.
They negated the powers. But we know where they are.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:54 AM
The Marshals blink as the portal disappears. "...Oorrr not. Looks like these fellas're smarter than we thought."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:54 AM
To Vinnie: You get the kill then. I'm looking forward to watching you do it.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:55 AM
The portal reopens as the antimagic vanishes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 01:57 AM
Let us be on our way then.
Magtok and the android step through the portal.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 01:59 AM
The Master follows him.

The Nine
2006-12-17, 02:00 AM
Indeed. Abjuration, Omni and Evocation step through as well.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 02:03 AM
The Marshals step through, too. Eventually. Stupid internet.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-17, 06:02 PM
Gaheris burst in the front door.

"Wukei Shipmaster is at the bounty agency. Not that this is a surprise, but if you want to catch her, you should nail her before she moves again. Not sure what the hell is going on in there, but there was gunfire."

Renrik
2006-12-17, 07:30 PM
Narfang is busy comparing reports from various informants.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 10:31 PM
Iames comes out of the portal to his realm and holds up a hand to forestall Godric's summary of events. He goes over to Narfang. Anything to report, Sergeant?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 10:42 PM
SAS Omega enters the station asking:
Is the Iames guy back yet?

Renrik
2006-12-17, 10:46 PM
Sir, I have to admit something... I was reluctant to take this assignment. I mean, I know, we need to keep tabs on the GSA, but... I don;t know. It still kind of feels wrong to me to be spying on them. I know these men, and they're not bad people. They're just trying to improve things for their kin. I dont always agree with their approach to things, but they are goblins, and I still feel a bit guilty for all of this. Still, I swore an oath to the Gufipolice, and I don't break oaths.

I do have some things to report.

By the look of things, the GSA have reached some degree of ceasefire with the dwarves, but are still facing occasional raids from some kind of undead force. But that's on the home front.

There have been some odd purchases going on. Several goblins were working in the marketplace, each of them buying a few weapons each from various stalls. It doesn;t seem like much when you put the individual receipts tgether, but when you add 'em all up, in the three days that they did this, they bought enough weapons to arm about four dozen people. The GSA has also sent some men to the Omnishop. There they apparently bought a bunch of fabric and some crates of food. That seems a bit odd to me, especially when you consider that these fabrics and food were loaded onto a pair of carts that left town heading for the mountains. When you combine this with the news of well-organized and well-armed goblin guerilla cells fighing foreign occupation in the mountains... well.... I don't think it's food and cloth that they're buyin', if you get my meanin'.

Meanwhile, the carts returned with crates supposedly filled with stone. I don;t see any use the GSA has for stones though, and the guys operatin' those carts were bein' awful careful with their cargo.

That's about all for now.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-17, 10:46 PM
"Iames," Gaheris said, nodding. "Wukei Shipmaster is holed up at the bounty office. Saw her myself; thought you might want to know." He paused. "I certainly hope the statute of limitations isn't up on multiple murder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17642&page=23) already."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 10:52 PM
Umm, Iames? Godric tries to get Iames's attention.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 10:54 PM
Iames nods to Narfang and puts a hand on the goblin's shoulder. I understand your reluctance, and it means a lot to me that you decided your oath was a stronger bond than blood. Thank you.

I'm unaware of this foreign occupation in the mountains, can you tell me more?

Iames turns to Gaheris: I assure you it has not. If you would care to return there and say my name, I'l dispatch an avatar to deal with things.

To SAS Omega: I am he, how can I help you?

Iames glances at Godric. Godric, I'm a bit busy at the moment, as you can no doubt see. Can you make this quick?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 10:55 PM
SAS Omega sees Iames and waits for everyone to finish talking
Yeah, and the android guy and I are back. I was the agent guy a few days back. I sensed the robot. The dark one known as Lord Magtok has also been spotted. And some nut threw explosives in Trog's.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-17, 10:58 PM
Gaheris nodded. "Percival is keeping an eye on things; if she's left, it hasn't been by the door." He turned and left the station.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 10:59 PM
Sure. You might have heard that Officer Vera brought in the crazy fish wizard? He's not here anymore.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:00 PM
((Wow. Iames's head is going to explode with all this info. SAS Omega isn't even done yet.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:02 PM
Iames darts over to the infirmary and attempts to raise the female NPC. And Weebl, while he's at it. Then he darts back into the main room.

To Godric: Any idea what happened?

((the ability Iames is using: Gift of Life (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#giftOfLife). Plot of course trumps this ability.))

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:03 PM
It works. She is able to identify her attacker as Vahlziir. She says that she was dominated and forced to be a source of blood, though apparently the last spell killed her.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:07 PM
I have more info too. I would like to join the force, a tissue box told me of some evil team with Magtok, his android, Master, three of the Nine, and some other guys. There is also some war with dwarves and goblins. Anyway, back to Magtok and friends. They were after some person named Kenyon, the wizard called Destro, and me.
He shows a hologram detailing all of this.
((See recent pages of the following:
Trog's Tavern
Dwarf Castle
The Police Station
The Shrine
The Streets
and... I think that's it.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 11:09 PM
Yeah, some crazy short guy came in here and busted him out. The short guy was followed by at least three other wizards, a shady person with some sort of golem, and one guy with half his face made of metal and glowing eyes. Godric rubs his head. There might be more, but my memory is kind of fuzzy. I think one of them kicked me.

Renrik
2006-12-17, 11:09 PM
Sure thing. The Old Goblin Empire fell about two milenia ago, and ever since then, dwarves and some humans have been encroaching on the remaining goblin lands. The goblins on the outer edges of the empire have been under dwarven or human control for a long while, some centuries, while most of the inner regions are either newly occupied or still trying to fight a guerilla war against the encroaching kingdoms. The guerilla war isn;t working, though, because the goblin tribes and cities won't unite under a single leader. So instead of having unified attacks, they tend to be poorly coordinated and only serve as a minor hindrance. So the dwarven and human kingdoms keep on invading, and keep on hunting down the goblins for tryin' to live on the land they were born to. Tryin' to keep their culture and their heritage alive. Tryin' to protect their families. Tryin' to...

... forgive me, sir, I shouldn't go ranting about that kind of thing. But it makes me mad to think of it at times. Still, there's not much that can be done, and the kingdoms keep on encroaching. by the look of things, though, the mountain-dwelling goblins have become a little more unified. They've stepped up their raids, and are startin' to actually do some real damage to the invaders. Stil, they don;t have the type of army they'd need to launch a real war.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:12 PM
((Head explodey time for Iames))

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:16 PM
((Do not forget that Verdandi left a note saying she ran off to take care of the war by herself. Crazy valkyrie.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:18 PM
As he is bombarded by information, Iames's eyes flash and begin to flicker between three colors - green, violet, and yellow.

To Godric and SAS Omega: Your information seems related. Compare descriptions to see if this is true.

To Narfang: I see. I sympathize with the goblin cause, and if there's anything the police can do to help their cause without allowing them to act indiscriminately, I want to know, but later. There are other issues I need to deal with at the moment. Thank you again, Narfang.

Renrik
2006-12-17, 11:20 PM
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.

Narfang goes leaves the station to take a stroll.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:21 PM
SAS Omega shows the hologram images he obtained from the tissue box.
((Im serious, it was a tissue box. The kender's tissue box.))
They seem to match up with Godric's info.
However, SASO's info extends further, showing his time at the dwarf castle, the arrival of the Nine, etc.

Iames, I heard you destroyed the android. What is he doing here?
(Points at hologram.)

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:22 PM
Vahlziir steps into the station.

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:22 PM
The mutt comes inside and gives Iames a questoning look.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:24 PM
Iames's eyes glint as Vahlziir enters, but he doesn't say anything just yet.
To SASO: Excuse me, but what is your name, and could you leave that imaging device here for me to review later?

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:26 PM
The mutt leads Vahlziir to a desk. Right I'm sorry about any inconvience I just need to fill out a report. h One of the faries comes over to help Al fill out a report. Iames do we confirmation that this is our guy?

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:27 PM
Vahlziir looks around boredly.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:29 PM
The woman is alive, and the description of her assailant matches Vahlziir.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:29 PM
To Iames:
Ok I'll leave it behind. I'm Secret Agent Stick Omega.
We met once. Back when I was just a pistol-weiding guy complaining about murder sentences, and warning everyone about the android.
I called myself Secret Agent Stick back then. Remember? For you, it would've only been days ago. For me, its been three years.
As I've already asked, how is the android doing these things when you suppossedly thrashed him!?

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-17, 11:31 PM
[ *Breaks out the popcorn.* http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/Smileys/popcorn.gif]

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:31 PM
Ok sir, almost done with the report and there shouldn't be any problems. Just one more thing, you are under arrest for murder.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:32 PM
Vahlziir sighs and rolls his eyes. "How long is the sentence?"

Renrik
2006-12-17, 11:33 PM
((Five words))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:34 PM
Ah, yes. Complaining about the brevity of our sentencing. Also its leniency. Why we don't have a death penalty is quite beyond me, but I enforce the laws, not make them.

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:35 PM
You will be held for 24 hours, and then you will be put on trial. Please follow me. The mutt will lead Vahlziir to a anti-magic cell.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:36 PM
"I do not believe that answers my question." He nods to Al and goes into the cell, where he promptly collapses on his face.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:38 PM
To Iames:
Officer, did you spare the android and spread misinformation?
Or am I just losing my mind?

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:39 PM
Al checks the body.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:40 PM
Iames looks at him quizzically. No, I smashed the android into a collection of scrap metal after he tried to kill my cleric and burn down my Temple, after going on a homicidal rampage. Why?

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:40 PM
Hey, its Vahlziir's body. It looks fine, except for the fact that:
A) He's not breathing.

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:42 PM
Iames a little help over here.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:42 PM
If so, why is this guy on the hologram with Magtok and these other villains?
(Points at hologram)
This thing can't be toyed with to show false events.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 11:43 PM
So Iames, can I add jailbreaking to the list of charges against this fish guy? Godric picks up a pen and the report on Destro.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:45 PM
SASO shoots a disgusted look at Godric.
He was only trying to avoid being killed!
He was helped by the short person, too.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:47 PM
To Godric: Yes.

To SASO: I have no idea. Is it possible that another was built? And as for joining, I'll be with you in a moment

Iames turns and goes over to Al. What is it?

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:48 PM
Um he isn't breathing. I don't know what happened. Al tries to pull Valhziir out of the cell.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:49 PM
Vahlziir is pulled out of the cell, and he suddenly revives. "Well that certainly did not feel good."

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:50 PM
Ok, What happened to you?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:51 PM
SASO thinks over what Iames suggested.
Hmmm..another Evil Secret Agent Robot Stick?
SASO winces.
Not a pleasant thought.
A new guy would be upgraded to be better than the original. And with Magtok around...
Don't even wanna think about that.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-17, 11:51 PM
Yes. Well, laws are laws. Godric writes the charge down, including an evidence report.

((This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29085&page=17) page, a short way down))

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:52 PM
"Antimagic is not especially... healthy for me. There are too many spells keeping me alive past my time for it to be good for me."

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:54 PM
Great, just great. I guess we will have to put you in a regular cell. Al motions for him to go into one.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-17, 11:55 PM
There are no more regular cells.

McBish
2006-12-17, 11:56 PM
Oh... can we make one regular, or at least the inside of the cell regular?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 11:58 PM
Despite his limited understanding of magic, SASO tries to offer his opinion.
Maybe some magicky cage thing? That isn't antimagic?

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:59 PM
Vahlziir waits boredly for their decision.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:00 AM
Iames thinks, then shakes his head. No, I don't think so. That's alright, though. Iames takes out a portable hole an opens it. Go on in, Vahlziir. If you still need to breathe, there's a bottle of air in there.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 12:03 AM
Vahlziir drops into the hole and sits.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:04 AM
By the way, officer, where are the remains of that psycho android?
I want to see them for myself.

McBish
2006-12-18, 12:05 AM
Right, thanks for the help Iames, I'll send a file to the courthouse.
((I'll do it tommorow. I have to sleep now.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:12 AM
Iames closes the hole up and puts the folded fabric in a cell. Exiting the cell and turning to SASO, he pulls out another portable hole and opens it up. The bottom of the hole is strewn with pieces of bent, broken metal of various sizes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:16 AM
That definitely was him. I recognize some of those parts.
Now about becoming an officer...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:30 AM
Right. Iames folds the hole back up and puts it away somewhere on his person.

Do you swear to uphold the law in this town?

Do you promise to obey the rules of the police as noted on page 1 of the police station thread?

Do you swear to the best of your ability to track and record crimes as well as apprehend and arrest crooks?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:33 AM
I do so solemnly swear.
((Or whatever he's supposed to say.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:38 AM
((there's no set response. That was fine.))

Iames nods. Godric, wand him.

Godric pulls out a wand and waves it over SASO.

((What's your alignment?))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:40 AM
((Lawful Good.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:44 AM
He reads as lawful good, Detective.

Iames nods and creates a badge in his hand. He holds it out to SASO. Here you are.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:46 AM
((Do I get the badge PMed to me for my sig?))
SASO takes the badge, and proudly secures it to his clothing.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:49 AM
((Yes, check your PMs))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:51 AM
((Got it.))

What should I do now?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:55 AM
Well, since you're the most familiar with this group you were telling me about, I'm putting you in charge of investigating their activities.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:56 AM
Not to sound lazy but, can I get to it tomorrow?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 12:59 AM
Iames nods. That will be fine. And now, if you'll excuse me, there's something I need to deal with elsewhere.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:01 AM
Ok. Is there a place to sleep here, or should I find an inn?
((Wait..this town has no inns whatsoever! No bed and breakfasts, hotels, motels, anything! Only some rooms at Trog's.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 01:04 AM
There are rooms here, yes. Godric can show you where they are. Iames disapears.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:07 AM
Fine.
SASO is shown a room, and sleeps there for the night.
((SASO is inactive for the rest of the night. Lord Magtok is still active.))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:30 AM
Vahlziir's eyes suddenly glow a little more crimson inside the portable hole, and he chuckles as Iames kills the man he had used Magic Jar on. He teleports away.

McBish
2006-12-18, 11:26 AM
((Ok since he escaped we can't really put him on trial can we? So we are going to have to catch him again before I send a file to the courthouse.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:52 AM
((No, we can put him on trial))

McBish
2006-12-18, 11:54 AM
((Really? Ok then.))
The mutt wakes up and decides to go on patrol.

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 01:52 PM
Out from the streets fly in a swarm of penguins with jet packs. They fly around the police station.

Renrik
2006-12-18, 01:54 PM
Narfang, bewildered by the penguins, goes iside the station and bars the windows.

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 02:00 PM
The flying miniature penguins now continue trying to find a way in.

Renrik
2006-12-18, 02:04 PM
Narfang snarls at them, and barrciades the door.

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 02:06 PM
((the police must be absent minded, they arent noticing a full scale flying penguin swarm))

Renrik
2006-12-18, 02:06 PM
Narfang seems to be the only one here.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:07 PM
((Or it could be, you know, that there are only three officers online, two of whom are somewhere else))

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 02:09 PM
((that would make sense.))

Renrik
2006-12-18, 02:09 PM
((True that. As i said, Narfang's the only one here.But if the penguins enter, they are commiting a crime, methinks.))

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 02:12 PM
((how can one hold a swarm of over 100 flying miniature penguins in court))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:14 PM
((One will never know...))

Penguinizer
2006-12-18, 02:21 PM
The penguin swarm continues to search for an entrance.

((they do so until I return))

Supagoof
2006-12-18, 03:26 PM
((how can one hold a swarm of over 100 flying miniature penguins in court))
((Heh heh heh heh heh, sorry, but that's funny to me.....Hey Renrik - quick question for amusements sake, what happened when the Draegoth and demons performed similar acts?

Or have you read the case about the temple of Mai Tai Naan and the Spagons/Succubi?

I love hoardes attacking. It's wonderful.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 04:44 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega awakens in the station's barracks, to the sound of penguins on jetpacks.
What the...?
((Time to even the odds!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 05:08 PM
Iames appears and puts the book and gem into storage.

Gemini
2006-12-18, 05:11 PM
Gemini opens the doors and walks inside. "Where is Iames? We need to talk. I don't think he got my message."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 05:12 PM
Iames comes out of storage. You needed to speak with me?

Gemini
2006-12-18, 05:16 PM
((This is my doppelganger, but it is speaking in my part.))
Gemini walks over to Iames. "yes, I need to talk with you. I see you do not have as much officers as you need, correct? If you ever need any help with capturing anyone or anything, you can come to us for extra people if you need. My guild is on the outskirts of town, in an old, secluded hilltop inside of a run-down church. Just call if you need us."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 05:17 PM
Iames nods. Thank you for the offer. I'll certainly consider it.

Godric hands Iames a note.

Gemini
2006-12-18, 05:19 PM
"you are very welcome. I know how hard it is for one police office to keep the whole town under control. Well, you know where to find us." The doppelganger heads for the door.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 05:24 PM
Iames nods, reads the note, thanks Godric, and disappears again.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 05:25 PM
To Gemini:
Hey don't use that door! There are jet-pack penguins out there!

Gemini
2006-12-18, 05:26 PM
Gemini hears this, and stops. The doppelganger dissappears.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 05:32 PM
Phew. Now, how the heck am I going to leave the station without letting the penguins in? Hmmmm...

SASO thinks for a sec, then with a hand motion, tries to telekinetically toss the penguins all the way to the mountains.
If the penguins are blown back even a little, SAS Omega dashes out the door, and secures it in place behind himself.

Gemini
2006-12-18, 08:35 PM
Gemini's doppelganger teleports in. "Some magical being is attacking the guild! He is also attacking numerous parts of the town. We could use the backup."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:39 PM
I'm still waiting for Penguinizer to react to my move. I'll help you as soon as time unfreezes!

Gemini
2006-12-18, 08:41 PM
"Come with me."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:44 PM
Fine. I'll leave the fourth wall in ruins until I get back.
SAS Omega follows.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 08:46 PM
A man in tattered green cloaks bursts through the doors.

"Mage battle! At the beach! The destruction is incredible! People....are DYING!"

He then collapses, completely unconscious, on the floor.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:50 PM
Darn. I'm the only PC officer available...
The fourth wall is damaged further by that attack.
You two wouldn't be speaking of the same incident, would you?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 08:55 PM
The cloaked man struggles to his knees and begins to cough up black ooze.

The ooze manifests itself into a large cube, about 10X10X10 and the cloaked man dissintegrates into the floor.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:57 PM
Uh, oh.
SASO attempts lifts the blob in the air with telekenisis, then tries to make it implode.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-18, 08:58 PM
[ ... A gelatinous cube? Only black?]

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 08:59 PM
The blob rises into the air, but fails to implode, instead, it plops back to the ground and moves towards the nearest lifeform.

It leaves a trail of boiling black acid behind.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:03 PM
SASO uses telekinesis to bring his indestructible laser swords inside of the black gelatin. He attempts to eviscerate the blob.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 09:06 PM
The blob begins to boil, splattering boiling black acid everywhere around the room.

A few seconds later, the blob explodes, covering everything ina thick back ooze (with an approximate pH of 1)

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:11 PM
Good thing I had my armor on and active. Winged guy, you OK?

McBish
2006-12-18, 09:16 PM
The mutt runs inside ignoring the frozen penguins.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:23 PM
Ummm...some guy came in and was disintegrated by a black blob that came out of his mouth. It made a mess, as you can see. He spoke of some beach and a mage battle at the beach. With people being killed.

McBish
2006-12-18, 09:24 PM
Great here to? Dammit. Ok there are two mad men running around blowing stuff up.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:27 PM
Ok. Where to first?
SASO reactivates his E-Razor energy blades, and his armor spreads to cover all of him except his face. He floats off the ground slightly.

McBish
2006-12-18, 09:32 PM
Well they have been to the beach, here, and Inari's. Maybe Trog's.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:43 PM
Ok then.
Lord Magtok quickily leaves, hoping to intercept any threat at Trog's.

McBish
2006-12-18, 09:46 PM
The mutt grumbles then heads out after him.

Penguinizer
2006-12-19, 12:29 AM
The Penguins also follow, hoping to help. After getting back from the mountains ofcourse.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 12:32 AM
After a long pointless day, SAS Omega heads to the quarters and in his dreams, he plans out his next day, taking into consideration the possibility of random interference.

Renrik
2006-12-19, 01:59 PM
Narfang gets back from the streets, having tired from cleaning up rubble and aiding wounded NPCs. He goes to his cot and flops down.

Gemini
2006-12-19, 02:20 PM
Gemini teleports in, looks around, and sits down. Waiting for Iames.

Psicrystal
2006-12-19, 02:33 PM
Rocky rises off Iames's desk and flies over. Can I help you?

Gemini
2006-12-19, 02:35 PM
Gemini looks up. "Yes, I am currently waiting for Mr. Iames."

Psicrystal
2006-12-19, 02:47 PM
I can speak for him. What do you need to tell him?

Gemini
2006-12-19, 02:54 PM
Gemini stands up. "This is really urgent. We , the Heaven's Exiles, my guild, have offered him and the police station help in solving crimes and doing jobs and such. He said he might hire us one of these days, and I have found something very useful. Recently, numerous places have been under attack. The docks, the beach, here, my guild and the slums. I have reason to believe they are from the same person. That very same type of magic has been used against me at my guild and every where else in the town. I do not know his name, but when he came to my guild and attacked, I beat him and chased him off. I also think he has subordinates helping him with a plan, no one destroys things for no reason like that. With that said, I was wondering if he wanted to hire us, we could help."

Psicrystal
2006-12-19, 03:00 PM
The psicrystal considers. You must offer criminals the chance to surrender peacefully before attacking, and you are not permitted to use lethal force until and unless it is used against you. Your guild is now empowered to act as police for when dealing with this criminal only. Broader authority may be granted later, but not for now.

((And I have to go. Bye!))

Gemini
2006-12-19, 03:01 PM
Gemini nods. "I completely understand. I just hope that we will get paid for it." Gemini teleports back to the guild.

Dark_Wind
2006-12-19, 03:46 PM
Dougal slips inside the police station and asks, "Excuse me, is anyone here?"

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-19, 03:49 PM
Cain flys in after him, taking the form of a shadowhound beside Dougal.

Dark_Wind
2006-12-19, 03:51 PM
Dougal glances at Cain as he enters. "Oh, hello Cain."

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-19, 03:58 PM
hi he psi's. i fear i may have to leave soon, take this in case you get into too much trouble He slips a ring off his finger and gives it to him activate it and it will summon legion Dretches to your aid he says, before fading away.

Dark_Wind
2006-12-19, 04:02 PM
"Thank you," Dougal whispers. He stands in the police station a moment. If there are no officers around, I'm wasting time. Just wanted to check in with them anyway. Dougal walks out of the station.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 07:14 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega leaves his quarters.
The first thing that comes to mind is that there is only way to defeat Magtok, Masters and the others.
He must find that wizard, ((Destro)) the guy named Vael, and that one Kenyon guy.
He leaves the station, hoping for a way to contact them.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 07:50 PM
A man wanders into the police station and searches for someone who could possibly help him. He is about 5'10" tall, frail, dressed in brown pantaloons, and a blue jacket. His eyes glow red.

McBish
2006-12-19, 07:52 PM
The mutt who had at some point crawled back here walks up to the man. ((Is the same guy from the beach?)) Can I help you?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 07:54 PM
((Not the same guy in the beach, no))

The man swivels on his right foot to face the mutt, his facial expression doesn't change, and he appears to be communicating telepathically. I'd like to apply for a job, sir.

McBish
2006-12-19, 08:04 PM
You want to be an officer?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 08:07 PM
Yes please

McBish
2006-12-19, 08:11 PM
Ok, then. Um... I can't make you an officer I think only Iames can right now. He isn't here right now but if you come back later I'm sure he will be more than happy to swear you in.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 08:13 PM
Fine, is there anything you need help with while I'm here? Consider it a freebie.

McBish
2006-12-19, 08:15 PM
Catch the mages that blew up the beach, docks, slums and me last night?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 08:18 PM
I shall try my best. The man walks out the door and down towards the beach.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 09:44 PM
((Sorry for the double post))

The man hops back into the police station, being trailed by a telepathically suspended paper and pen.

Here is the tally of the damages. I had a run in with a Purple Wurm on the beach as well, I handled the fight though, alone.

The tally
NPC Deaths: 76 total
NPC Injuries: 254 total
PC Deaths: No more than 1, maybe 0
PC Injuries: At least 7
Total Structural Damage: 14,859,399 GP

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 09:46 PM
Godric nods. All of this from down at the beach?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 09:47 PM
Beach, docks and slums. Seems the storm broke up a fairly decent sized fight, lots of people were in the streets at the time, never got shelter.

Hoseki
2006-12-19, 09:49 PM
Feorwyn notes that the NPC deaths and injuries are listed seperately from the PCs'. She makes sure to add it to the list of inequalities between the two groups to present to TNPCRG.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 09:53 PM
Godric nods. Thank you. We'll get somebody on it as soon as possible. Oh, you wanted to be sworn in, correct?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 09:55 PM
Feorwyn notes that the NPC deaths and injuries are listed seperately from the PCs'. She makes sure to add it to the list of inequalities between the two groups to present to TNPCRG.

((Those aren't solid numbers, I need to keep watching the threads develop for more accurate PC injuries, but no PCs died, there were seemingly very few in the area.))

EDIT:

Yes please, sir

((I'm off for the night))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 10:08 PM
((Oh, well nevermind then))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-20, 01:12 PM
Iames appears, looks at the sleeping man, and shakes his head. Looking around, he notes that Godric and Ravina have disappeared somewhere. He gives an amused grin and turns to Feorwyn. Anything happen overnight, Feorwyn?

No, nothing.

Good, good. Rocky will stay here, as always, so I'll know if anything comes up. He walks out.

Rocky grows a set of ectoplasmic legs and starts dancing on Godric's desk. Gods, why can't he take me anywhere? It's so boring here. All I do is sit around desks, listening and watching.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-20, 01:59 PM
Aerin walks out of the portal and looks around. After being informed that nothing new has happened, she goes outside.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-20, 05:26 PM
((OK, back and ready for the ceremonies and whatnot))

McBish
2006-12-20, 08:09 PM
The mutt wakes up again and heads out into the streets.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-20, 10:01 PM
Iames appears and looks at the man. You wanted to be sworn in, correct?

((PM me the times you're generally on, or we're just going to keep missing each other.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:05 PM
((Yippee! Soon I'll no longer be the new recruit anymore!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-20, 10:14 PM
Iames shakes his head and leaves the station.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:05 AM
Aerin appears in the station and goes through the portal to Iames's realm.

McBish
2006-12-21, 01:35 PM
The mutt walks into the station and flops down by his desk.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 02:22 PM
Verdandi comes inside and walks to Godric's desk, where she picks up the list of current cases and reads through it.

McBish
2006-12-21, 02:23 PM
The mutt peaks his head out from behind his desk to see who came in.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:09 PM
Iames comes in, smiling. That's good.

((posting will be intermittent))

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 03:11 PM
Do we have a way to locate any of these people on the wanted list?

McBish
2006-12-21, 03:12 PM
The mutt listens to the conversation but doesn't get up.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:16 PM
The man nods Yes please

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:22 PM
It depends on which of them you're talking about. I have an avatar speaking to Wukei right now, for example.

Iames looks over at the man. Are you ready to be sworn in, finally? I'll need your name, first.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-21, 03:23 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega walks into the station.
Iames, I've been watching the floating thing in the sky, and it would seem the Nine, Masters, Magtok,
and friends have a new companion.
Some guy with wings.

McBish
2006-12-21, 03:24 PM
I was looking for the guy who blew up the beach, slums, docks, and me last night. Couldn't pick up his scent any where though. Al chimes in.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:25 PM
The man turns to face Iames My name is Babhdàn, sir.

Gemini
2006-12-21, 03:25 PM
The doppelganger teleports in. "Greetings, just checking in. Do you guys need some help right now?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:32 PM
Iames nods. Very well, Babhdan.

Do you swear to uphold the law in this town?

Do you promise to obey the rules of the police as noted on page 1 of the police station thread?

Do you swear to the best of your ability to track and record crimes as well as apprehend and arrest crooks?

To Magtok: Really? Describe him, please.

To the doppelganger: Not at the moment, thank you.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:36 PM
Babhdàn nods Yes, yes and yes sir

Gemini
2006-12-21, 03:38 PM
The doppelganger walks out the door, nodding and smiling at the new officier.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:39 PM
Godric, wand him.

Godric pulls out a wand and waves it over Babhdan.

((What's his alignment?))

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 03:40 PM
Verdandi gets a seperate copy of the current cases and sits at her desk, pondering how to solve each one in the best manner.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:44 PM
((Alignment is Lawful Neutral))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:47 PM
He has a lawful aura, sir. No others.

Iames nods. Very well. He creates a badge and hands it to Babhdan. Welcome to the force.

((I'll PM you the image))

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 03:48 PM
A moose gets his head stuck in the door, and starts making moose noises.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:48 PM
Babhdàn's face smiles slightly Glad to be on board

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:52 PM
Iames looks at the moose. He reaches out with his mind to see if the moose is sapient or of animal intelligence.

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 03:54 PM
The moose has human inteligence, and wants to get into the police station, but seems to be stuck in the door.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:55 PM
Iames goes over to the moose and tries to move its head and antlers so that it can get in.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 03:56 PM
Babhdàn walks up to the moose and puts a cold hand on the beast's jaw.

Allow me, please

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 03:57 PM
Verdandi smiles a little at the stuck moose while she goes over the list of cases. Do we know what is going on with the case against Wukei? Was it her or someone else?

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 03:57 PM
((How big is this door?))

The moose moves his head, and with Iames's help comes in. There is a giant pigeon on the moose's back.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 03:59 PM
((Okay, I have to go now. Someone else can deal with the moose and the giant pigeon))

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:01 PM
Verdandi looks up at the moose and the pidgeon, then notices that Iames has gone into a coma. She shakes her head. Is there something you need? She is clearly speaking to the moose.

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 04:01 PM
The moose clears its throat, and says, in moose, I would like to put this pigeon in the cell block for a few hours. It attacked Dante a couple days ago

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 04:02 PM
Babhdàn hops over to his new desk and sits down, watching the massive beast with wonder.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:02 PM
Is it sentient, and does it admit to this crime?

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 04:04 PM
Yes it is sentient, but it won't admit to the crime.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:09 PM
Do you have proof of its crime?

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 04:13 PM
Um, not really...I was kinda hoping you could make it talk.

Coo, coo. Coo coo coo coo cu cou ca coo. Says the pigeon while doing a succession of poses on the back of the moose.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:14 PM
Do you know if this is its natural form? Verdandi stands and walks closer.

Rockphed
2006-12-21, 04:16 PM
Um, for me, or for the pigeon? I am normally a human, but like the freedom that moosedom gives. I am fairly sure that it is in it's natural form.

Kookoo, Kookoo

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:23 PM
I see. Verdandi picks up an amulet of trueseeing and puts it on, then looks at the pidgeon.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 04:24 PM
Babhdàn hops from his desk towards the door, he turns to Verdandi If you need anything, just touch my desk and it'll call me. I'm going to take another look at the beach.

He hops out the door and into the streets

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 04:43 PM
Verdandi shakes her head and goes back to her desk.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 05:16 PM
Babhdàn enters teh station and hops over to his desk, still standing.

He leans against the wall and begins writing out a formal report.

Rebonack
2006-12-21, 05:20 PM
And lo, for reasons ineffable a squid comes hurtling out of the sky at a pace unreasonable for any respectable squid to be traveling. The air-born cephalopod screeches toward the police station on a collision course with the next person who steps out of the building.

McBish
2006-12-21, 07:40 PM
((Ok I can't resist.))

The mutt heads outside. Then steps back inside carrying a squid. He goes and stores it in his desk and flops back down.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-21, 08:57 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega walks in.
I've got news. The criminals at the Cornerstone of Worlds have huge turret defenses.
I'm going to need some backup to take them on.

McBish
2006-12-21, 09:08 PM
The mutt looks over. Um... well I guess I could help, I don't know how much help I'll be.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-21, 09:11 PM
((Yes... attack the Cornerstone... Bwahahahahaha!!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 09:13 PM
Iames reawakens and looks guiltily at Vera, sleeping at her desk. We'll go tomorrow, he promises her, picking her up and carrying her through the portal.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-21, 09:29 PM
No offense, but we'll need more than you and me. They've got these HUGE turrets that fire fire, force, and whatever else they might have. That's not even going into their powers as individuals.

McBish
2006-12-21, 09:34 PM
No offense take, I've been blown up and kicked around by mages enough to know to be wary about them.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-21, 09:37 PM
Has the town ever faced Masters and this Nine together? How about an android and whatever else they have?
We definetely can't do this with our current resources.
We need Destro, Iames, Vael, and whoever else we can get.

McBish
2006-12-21, 09:39 PM
Well Aerin and Vera will probably go to.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-21, 09:41 PM
((Gotta go))

McBish
2006-12-21, 09:42 PM
((K see ya.))
The mutt continues trying to decide if the squid will taste better cooked or uncooked.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-22, 02:53 PM
After working nearly all night, Babhdàn posts his final report on the wall behind his desk:


The Final Tally
NPC Deaths: 74 total
NPC Injuries: 350 total
PC Deaths: 0
PC Injuries: 5
Total Structural Damage: 14,859,399 GP

After Babhdàn's Repairs
NPC Deaths: 74 total
NPC Injuries: 216 total
PC Deaths: 0
PC Injuries: 7
Total Structural Damage: 8,566,231 GP

Evidence Eyewitness:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29576&page=4 (Battle at the Beach, 20 deaths, 74 injuries)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17665&page=29 (The Docks 16 deaths, 57 injuries)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17642&page=32 (The Slums 38 deaths, 223 injuries)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388&page=10 (Heaven's Exiles Guild 0 deaths, 0 injuries)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29719&page=10 (Temple of the Inari 0 deaths, 1 reported injury)

Consistent points
1. Two mages, both most likely Arcanists, engaged in battle on the Beach.
2. They cast high level spells at a very fast pace (the entire battle lasted all of 2 and a half minutes) indicating proficiency
3. No one I interviewed seemed to get a clear view at either assailent, with the exception of a one Gemini who is a hot-headded guildmaster. His headquarters are located in an abandoned church north of the slums
4. One of the mages has distinct markings on his face and arms and is most likely not human. This mage was wearing dark green robes and teleported off to an unknown location
5. The other mage looks more human and was wearing crimson robes. He teleported from the scene as well, this figure appeared at the temple of the Inari before exploding and leaving behind a piece of parchement with a taunting message.


Babhdàn hops out of the office.

Just touch my desk if you need me

Gemini
2006-12-22, 03:27 PM
Gemini teleports in. "Where is Iames!"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-22, 03:29 PM
((So I see))

Iames appears before Godric or Rocky can answer. You called?

Gemini
2006-12-22, 03:30 PM
Gemini walks over to Iames. "Yes, we need to talk in private. Please."

Jonnadiah
2006-12-22, 03:35 PM
Babhdàn enters the police station, hops over to his desk and hands a copy of his report ot Gemini.

This should help you in your quest

Babhdàn hops back out onto the streets.

Gemini
2006-12-22, 03:38 PM
"Yea, yea. Just stay out."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-22, 03:41 PM
Iames nods. Very well. He opens the door to the captain's office. and steps inside. This room is warded against scrying and eavesdropping. Iames leans against one wall. What was it you needed to talk to me about?